India v Australia | 1st Test - Day 4| Bangalore | 12/10/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
yo man! The oldies fab4 batters are feeling the pressure not from the newbies but from our bowlers!

Mitch hits 90.1mph

He looks a completely different bowler with some confidence.

Would be awesome for Australia if he starts to step up, we need a new gun bowler.

Last edited:
Lee bowling a bit quicker now

Sunny Gavaskar rightfully questioning why there is a deep point for Anil Kumble

surely this cant be the same brett lee that desttyed WI earlier this year on similar type of pitch

TruSachFan said:
surely this cant be the same brett lee that desttyed WI earlier this year on similar type of pitch

No it's the old crap Brett Lee wandering around out there

Random Aussie said:
Lee bowling a bit quicker now

Sunny Gavaskar rightfully questioning why there is a deep point for Anil Kumble
i think its the right move. Tailenders can survive short. dont give them too many runs. At the same time put attack fielders. Give them singles if they want.

dravid said in an interview that "it was difficult batting in the morning". hello! Australians also batted in the morning that too on a day 1 pitch! dont now how shamelessly these people put excuses!

bones20 said:
dravid said in an interview that "it was difficult batting in the morning". hello! Australians also batted in the morning that too on a day 1 pitch! dont now how shamelessly these people put excuses!

Dravid makes any pitch look hard to score on

Haddin concedes some more byes. Wonder if he has conceded more byes than he scored runs? Ah was leg byes but he has still given a lot

Last edited:
why are the aussies bowling full length? this is very unlike the typical Australian length.

Why can't we get these two tailenders out?

Great decision by umpire Rauf especially considering the boisterous appeal made by Brett Lee and the Aussies.

Zaheer plays a magnificent knock under pressure! Just might turn out to be a match-saving innings.

Moronic appeal from Dhoni. I thought he was supposed to be a sportsman?

LOL how desperate is Saint Harby, appealing for anything!

Lunch, OZ 9 for no wicket so far.

TruSachFan said:
if u think that was desparate, u should have seen brett lee appealing :))) :)))

Well if your bowlers are going to appeal when the ball pitches a mile outside leg and appeal for LBW when the ball is hit for four we might as well appeal for everything too.

Seriously it is going to be a long series for the umpires if both sides keep up these stupid appeals. Hope the captains get a decent talking to from the match ref.

Random Aussie said:
Well if your bowlers are going to appeal when the ball pitches a mile outside leg and appeal for LBW when the ball is hit for four we might as well appeal for everything too.

Seriously it is going to be a long series for the umpires if both sides keep up these stupid appeals. Hope the captains get a decent talking to from the match ref.
Thats what brett lee did 3 times in this innings.

TruSachFan said:
Thats what brett lee did 3 times in this innings.

Pitched outside leg? Do you mean going way down legside because I saw those, did not see anything pitching a foot outside leg.

Anyway not going to pay much attention to India complaining about appealing. Any team with Kumble and Harby playing can't lecture anyone else about appeals. :))

TruSachFan said:
You mite wanna watch a replay on that one with a SNICKO :miandad

Does the umpire have a snicko? No didn't think so

Good over there from Harby

Random Aussie said:
Does the umpire have a snicko? No didn't think so

Good over there from Harby
I was responding to his "moroni appeal" statment thank yoou very much

Indians started reversing after 8 overs :)) Told ya, our guys sure know where to put the mint :D

Last edited:
bones20 said:
Indians started reversing after 8 overs :)) Told ya, our guys sure know where to put the mint :D

Amusingly we hired the England bowling coach for a massive contract and then found out they swung the ball using mints.

Nearly 100 ahead now. Krapich destroying my will to watch the game so not going to for a while. This hack will cost us big time one day batting like a dehydrated turtle. Ironically the longer he stays at the crease the less chance we have to win the game.

Random Aussie said:
Amusingly we hired the England bowling coach for a massive contract and then found out they swung the ball using mints.

who?

I prefer Katich in my test team ahead of Jacques anyday at the moment.
He provides a solid backbone with Hayden playing at 40% form.

Australia def will have to bat out the whole day, and declare early tommoz, India should be happy with a draw here. Should make a turner next test and be ready....

I think India will get rolled over in the second innings, they are all poor 4th innings batsmen.

Come on Aussie

the pitch has started to play tricks..250 over all lead is what Aus need to reach

Katich is a cure for insominia. He sure is. Hussey is a machine.

Krapich doing incredibly well to quickly get a good lead.
:19:

250 is gonna e difficult..Aus shud be happy if they take a 200 over all lead..India will find it difficult to chase 200 too on this pitch

Jamal said:
Krapich doing incredibly well to quickly get a good lead.
:19:

he is batting off now, which means India gets even worse conditions to chase...its a big plus..trust me

good old days of Gavaskar & Boycott are coming back-->Katich 10 (75)

Seems Katich is trying to save the game while his team mates try to win it.

moumotta said:
Seems Katich is trying to save the game while his team mates try to win it.

Nicely summed up :batman:

Yes situation requires some caution but 10 runs from 80 balls? Jacques would have been at least 50, so we would be 180 runs ahead right now.
This is the argument against Krapich.
The argument for Krapich of course is that Jacques probably wouldn't have made 50 :D

But I can't believe we have nobody better to open the batting than this useless snail.

inzidabest said:
he is batting off now, which means India gets even worse conditions to chase...its a big plus..trust me

inzithebest, I am watching cricinfo, and literally wanting to murder Katich. Hussey looks like he has intent, while Katich is playing the Aakash Chopra role. :))) :boom:

Kumble is not bowling after first innings' humiliation of 43 overs

Jamal said:
inzithebest, I am watching cricinfo, and literally wanting to murder Katich. Hussey looks like he has intent, while Katich is playing the Aakash Chopra role. :))) :boom:

I rate Chopra higher than Krapich

Edit - just had a look at an Aussie cricket forum and they are calling for the Katman's head. General sentiment is that he just cost us the chance to win the game.

Last edited:
Random Aussie said:
I rate Chopra higher than Krapich

Edit - just had a look at an Aussie cricket forum and they are calling for the Katman's head. General sentiment is that he just cost us the chance to win the game.

If katich was that bad,he wouldnt be opening for the best team in the world.Just because you dont like Katich doesnt ,make him a bad player.

Katich should replicate Mr Cricket and look for singles instead of just defending to preserve his wicket.

I miss Arun Lal in the comm box. He would've "Really" been better than that mug Mark Nicholas. But Arun has gone to Ten Sport now I think.

alexjohn_tcr said:
If katich was that bad,he wouldnt be opening for the best team in the world.Just because you dont like Katich doesnt ,make him a bad player.

We are not the best team in the world if that is the best batsman we can put out on the field to open.

Dude scores 20 off 100 balls when we have a lead and the opposition has to bat last. We needed to score quickly, or least at some form of walking pace ie 3 per over. Not 1 per over. We don't have enough runs now barring a slogathon or unless India collapse in 2 sessions tomorrow afternoon.

He would be following the team plan.Hayden & Ponting are already out and he would have been asked to play the anchor role

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back