India v England | 1st ODI | Hyderabad | 14/10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be exciting. I'm actually looking forward to an ODI match!

Think Bairstow might knock a few around given the chance. What was it 100 of 50 balls in the warm up?

Going to be a run fest. Time to improve averages that were damaged during the Eng tour.

flat decks

knee height bounce

slow pitches

a dream come true for mighty flat track bullies from india

India will score big, but England will manage to score bigger because India's bowling is .....

Maybe cook will score a triple century (in tests) on these pitches with india's bowling attack.

India A vs England A based on the random headlines I've read?

If so, looks boring. Can't wait til the tests though, India have a lot of answering to do.

Lose - Lose situation for india. If they win, its only on flat wicket. easy to bat, nothing great. flat track bullies. If they lose, then england is a great team. see how they beat india in India, etc.,

I expect India to start well. If the wicket is slow and low, I expect england to struggle. If the wicket is flat as bangalore, It will be a lot closer but india have an edge.

Sorry people, no more IND-ENG Tests till Nov 2012.

This is just a 5-ODI, 1 T20 tour

Sorry people, no more IND-ENG Tests till Nov 2012.

This is just a 5-ODI, 1 T20 tour

You also need to make sure test match is played in England. We all know what will happen if the game is played in India. I have been following india vs england in india for the past 20 yrs or so. Everytime they came to India, they got thrashed. losing the test series to us is nothing new for them. I think only once in the last 20 yrs, they drew the series, every other time, they either got whitewashed or losing the series badly.

Its a run feast. England need to learn to bowl well on these pitches. England have the edge though.

Lose - Lose situation for india. If they win, its only on flat wicket. easy to bat, nothing great. flat track bullies. If they lose, then england is a great team. see how they beat india in India, etc.,

I expect India to start well. If the wicket is slow and low, I expect england to struggle. If the wicket is flat as bangalore, It will be a lot closer but india have an edge.

I think India will be able to somewhat redeem themselves, if they whitewash England.

At least, there will be some redemption then. A ODI whitewash in exchange for an ODI whitewash.

However, the test series whitewash was the real kicker as it came when India was number one. Until, India avenges that loss, nothing will really be redeeming in it's entirety.

Forget whitewash....India is about to get embarrassed on their home ground. They are still missing some big players like Sehwag, Yuvi, Rohit & Sach ....

I don't get why their having a Indian tour? What is this a joke? Its boring watching two teams go at it. But i Guess this time its to see IF England can truly beat India in their own ground soil.

Last edited:
I don't get why their having a Indian tour? What is this a joke?

England v India (especially ODI's, even meaningless ones) pull the TV viewers in India, and therefore the ECB and BCCI have agreed to play each other more often. Maybe the BCCI needs the money?

Bairstow supposed to be playing ahead of Bell. Personally i'd have kept Bell in the side & dropped Trott.

Bairstow supposed to be playing ahead of Bell. Personally i'd have kept Bell in the side & dropped Trott.

I would like to keep Trott and drop Bell. Bell hasn't done much in ODIs since his return. He often scores 20-30s and throws his wicket after that. :facepalm:

Bairstow as an attacking batsman is a good option.

Pitch will be flat today. Get ready for a high scoring game. I won't be surprised if 600+ runs are scored today.

There is some dispute between host broadcaster and BCCI. Nobody getting pictures including Sky.

I like the look of the England line up

AN Cook*, C Kieswetter†, IJL Trott, KP Pietersen, RS Bopara, JM Bairstow, SR Patel, TT Bresnan, GP Swann, ST Finn, JW Dernbach

I think bresnan will do well in these conditions, big test for Finn and dirtbag though!

Trott has apparantly dropped Rahane :facepalm:

So still no pictures?

I would like to keep Trott and drop Bell. Bell hasn't done much in ODIs since his return. He often scores 20-30s and throws his wicket after that. :facepalm:

Bairstow as an attacking batsman is a good option.

Pitch will be flat today. Get ready for a high scoring game. I won't be surprised if 600+ runs are scored today.

Bell plays spin well though. Trott tends to get bogged down against decent spinners such as Ashwin.

Cricinfo:
Plenty of empty seats in the stands. They are watching it on TV back home?

:))

Again this vinay kumar! Is he relative of some selectors or something? No one can be worse than him!

who (if anyone is getting a live feed) is showing this in Pak?

Finn Clocking the speed gun here at 92mph

Finns been pretty decent so far, very sluggish start here by India!

who (if anyone is getting a live feed) is showing this in Pak?

What about bcci.tv?

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://flv-player.net/medias/player_flv_maxi.swf" width="480" height="320">
<param name="movie" value="http://flv-player.net/medias/player_flv_maxi.swf" />
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="FlashVars" value="flv=http%3A//tcsbcci.live.cdn.bitgravity.com/tcsbcci/secure/IndiaPrimary%3Fe%3D1318587234%26a%3DIN%26h%3D07015cbc99d331883ed2cce57268292b&width=480&height=320" />
</object>​

Vinay Kumar ? WT* is that piece of shi* doing in the side ? A soon as SRT calls it a day, I will never be following this sport ever again.....

Shreekant: "Anyone remember the tussle between Kohli and Gambhir in just concluded CLT20" Unforgettable. Bad-mouthing at its baddest. Completely beats me how two international team-mates can go after each other like that, while playing for some franchise.

Did any of you saw what happened between these two?

OMG what a poor poor decision and by a third umpire " Raina was saying they will see what we are at home" well you guys are cry babies at home or abroad don't really matters.

Probably vinay kumar is waiting for a thrashing of his life :127:

Shastri was crying his eyes out to make sure this is given not out pathetic really pathetic.

India need to get a move on here otherwise they will end up with a mediocre total in these conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back