India v England | 1st ODI | Rajkot |14/11/08

rahulrulezz

Local Club Star
Runs
The WAIT has been over. England is playing their first ODI in Hero Honda Cup today. India batting first. Sehwag and Gambhir opening. The GAME is ON!!

sehwag 2nd ball 4!!!.. Sehwag will never sudhrofy... the only thing he knows is to hit the ball... HARD

rahulrulezz...u r indian and have a pak player avtar...do u fancy akhtar???

itduzz said:
rahulrulezz...u r indian and have a pak player avtar...do u fancy akhtar???

yeah hardcore Indian and hardcore S. Akhtar fan :akhtar ... my 2nd Favorite team, Pakistan :misbah

Sehwag and Ghambir - I can't believe how right India have got this opening pair. This is probably the best opening pair i've ever witnessed.

rahulrulezz said:
yeah hardcore Indian and hardcore S. Akhtar fan :akhtar ... my 2nd Favorite team, Pakistan :misbah

r u same rahulrulz from ICF???

Lodhiz said:
Sehwag and Ghambir - I can't believe how right India have got this opening pair. This is probably the best opening pair i've ever witnessed.

agree...smashing from both ends right from start...ek hamara Butt sahb scores 24 off 50 balls :pissed:

Brilliant shot! Gambhir 444

I have a feeling India will easily beat England. It won't be tough contest.

SalaamPakistan said:

I'm not too sure about that to be honest, I think KP as a captain is very capable, soon as the opening pair fall, its only going to get harder and harder to score runs.

Plus England have some very good batsmen too, who have been on form.

the only thing which bothers me about Gambhir is his delibrate shots to thirdman region... one day he might loose an important match for us giving a simple catch to wicketkeeper or slip... the guy can play amazing shots coming down the wicket and on the offside..dont know why he plays those cheeky thirdman region shots

itduzz said:
can u ask the ICF moderator to unban manali??? :D

haha..yaar if you see my posts there, some of people hate me for supporting Akhtar and Pakistan ... i should be the last person to ask for any help in ICF

SalaamPakistan said:

nahi yaar... England batting goes deep down till number 9... and all of those ppl can hit big... its not be gonna be easy one

rahulrulezz said:
haha..yaar if you see my posts there, some of people hate me for supporting Akhtar and Pakistan ... i should be the last person to ask for any help in ICF

i know....hats off to ur passion towards cricket... :19:

sehwag has become selective now...it means trouble for oppositions...previously he shud bang bang quick runs & threw his wicket away....

rahulrulezz said:
nahi yaar... England batting goes deep down till number 9... and all of those ppl can hit big... its not be gonna be easy one

But they can not accumulate the run rate quickly like India can and will; Can they be ready to chase the big target? Be my 'Guest and Guess'!

man sehwag is actually giving strike to gambhir. This is crazy; we got a thinker on our hands :)

itduzz said:
i know....hats off to ur passion towards cricket... :19:

You should try in PC, another Pakistani cricket site, a big arch rival of PP. Whenever i support India over OZ, is often regarded the title like Traitor or you name it!

No matter what, but the hatred between Pak-Ind will always remain the strong and alive! :D

SalaamPakistan said:
You should try in PC, another Pakistani cricket site, a big arch rival of PP. Whenever i support India over OZ, is often regarded the title like Traitor or you name it!

No matter what, but the hatred between Pak-Ind will always remain the strong and alive! :D

wat is PC?? is that pakstop??

SalaamPakistan said:
Bingo! :D

But what? who? which? I did not say Pakstop, Mod! :|

r u crazy...pakstop is not a rival of PP...u hardly see any cricket related thread there and it is not busy at all...PP is best for Pak cricket

I thought tendu/ganguly are the best ODI opening partnership ever. sehwag goes hot and cold but gambhir I feel is only a couple of games away from being found out (I hope Im wrong). When Tendu comes back who goes from the opening partnership or will they dare displace Tendu from opening slot?

Viv_rav said:
I thought tendu/ganguly are the best ODI opening partnership ever. sehwag goes hot and cold but gambhir I feel is only a couple of games away from being found out (I hope Im wrong). When Tendu comes back who goes from the opening partnership or will they dare displace Tendu from opening slot?
whaen tendu comes back, he will open with sehwag and ghambhir will come at 3. :D

Viv_rav said:

o common, i though Gambhir must have shut down all his critics by now...2000 runs... best average in last year against Aussies in Aussies, against Srilankans in Srilanka+Mendis, Ozies in India, against Pakistan, highest average in T20 World Cup, 2nd highest scorer in IPL..... what more do you want him to prove...

In a complete surprise to cricket watchers everywhere, Broad and Anderson are being hammered.

Random Aussie said:
In a complete surprise to cricket watchers everywhere, Broad and Anderson are being hammered.

:D not a good day for English seamers though Flintoff bowled superbly without any luck..

In another shocking development, Paul Collingwood is also being hammered.

England will never learn, these players are all good in English conditions and rubbish everywhere else.

Random Aussie said:

England will never learn, these players are all good in English conditions and rubbish everywhere else.

Anderson actually has the best average among all the english seamers in India against India... always took the wickets of Dravid and Sachin

rahulrulezz said:
Anderson actually has the best average among all the english seamers in India against India... always took the wickets of Dravid and Sachin

I have seen him bowl a lot and he is rubbish :batman:

Cannot keep a consistent line

Random Aussie said:

I assure you, your lees and johnsons and clarks and krejzas would have been dealt similarly on this wicket. Both G&S are in great form and confidence at the moment.

Patel to Gambhir, OUT, England have got their first wicket. Gambhir came down the track and chipped it to left of long-off. He didn't hit it hard, just sort of chipped it and couldn't find the distance. I didn't notice it but SMG on air says, "Sehwag gave him a mouthful for not hitting it hard!" There you go. Simple policy.

:))) :))) simple policy really !!!!

i love this Indian batting line up... all of the them can hit the ball BIG!!! Gambhir, Sehwag, Raina, Yurvraj, Dhoni, PATHAN, Bhajji... only R.Sharma is tuktuk type

Sharma isnt tuk tuk type ..dint you see him in IPL , only seems a litte confused these days !

There is a reason Flintoff is my fav all rounder. Just look at the way he have bowled when bowlers around him were all going for runs.

bones20 said:
I assure you, your lees and johnsons and clarks and krejzas would have been dealt similarly on this wicket. Both G&S are in great form and confidence at the moment.

And what does this match have to do with Australia? Nothing.

It was a comment about English ODI cricket and specifically their lack of success because they pick players who kill it in English ODI conditions but are no good on a flat track.

But you have to try and make it about Australia. So to keep you happy:

This being the Sehwag who averages all of 22 against Australia in ODI's over 7 year period yes?

jusarrived said:
Patel to Gambhir, OUT, England have got their first wicket. Gambhir came down the track and chipped it to left of long-off. He didn't hit it hard, just sort of chipped it and couldn't find the distance. I didn't notice it but SMG on air says, "Sehwag gave him a mouthful for not hitting it hard!" There you go. Simple policy.

:))) :))) simple policy really !!!!

haha... Sehwag the Kasai!!!

Random Aussie said:
And what does this match have to do with Australia? Nothing.

It was a comment about English ODI cricket and specifically their lack of success because they pick players who kill it in English ODI conditions but are no good on a flat track.

But you have to try and make it about Australia. So to keep you happy:

This being the Sehwag who averages all of 22 against Australia in ODI's over 7 year period yes?
Yes. It doesnt. But just so you know, while you gladly criticize English players, Australian bowlers or for that matter most bowlers would be hammered here. So I was just trying to pull you down from your snub shot there.

I think going forward all your arguments will be stating only stats. Stats are past. Belong to players of past. they are gone my friend. Lets face it.

Ind. 183-2 (29.1) | Curr. RR: 6.27

In the pre match review everybody talked about how the pitch looks bowler friendly and that average at Rajkot for teams batting first is 220 or so. Even the two captains agreed that on winning the toss bowling first is the best strategy.

Guess they forgot to tell all of this to Gambhir and Sehwag

Jeevs said:
Ind. 183-2 (29.1) | Curr. RR: 6.27

In the pre match review everybody talked about how the pitch looks bowler friendly and that average at Rajkot for teams batting first is 220 or so. Even the two captains agreed that on winning the toss bowling first is the best strategy.

Guess they forgot to tell all of this to Gambhir and Sehwag
Reports were kind of mixed. later another commentator said that the average score batting first for the last 5 one dayers is 280.

bones20 said:
Reports were kind of mixed. later another commentator said that the average score batting first for the last 5 one dayers is 280.
Yeah i agree with that.225-2 now.

My Boy Yuvviii unleashing some major blows on Flintoff & Harmlessone, Afridi take note :D...

Does anyone know whats wrong with Yuvvi's back ? apparently he is in some major pain...

bones20 said:
Yes. It doesnt. But just so you know, while you gladly criticize English players, Australian bowlers or for that matter most bowlers would be hammered here. So I was just trying to pull you down from your snub shot there.

I think going forward all your arguments will be stating only stats. Stats are past. Belong to players of past. they are gone my friend. Lets face it.

No you are totally right just like you always are in everything you post.

Statistics are irrelevant in cricket, so are runs and wickets. What matters is unsupported and unfounded statements on the interwebz.

India 4/247 now, Flintoff and Harmy double strike

Edit - sorry forgot the score does not matter as it is runs and wickets :D

Lol looks like Yuvraj hasnt forgoten that altercation with Flintoff before. He's making a choot out of him.

alexjohn_tcr said:
Yusuf pathan doesnt come across as an intelligent bat.brainless like afridi

why the hell wold you pick him over irfy, beats me. Irfy is as good bat and a better ODI bowler.

Back