India v England | WC'11 | Group B | Bangalore | 27/02/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 up for England. Good effort, nice fight being shown. Doable.

50 to Strauss at a run a ball :)

One of the best ODI knocks I've seen him play. He needs to make a biggun.

Where the hell was this English form when they played Australia.
Looks like now another team gets their form by playing India.

they shud be luking arnd chasing 140-150 in the last 20 .. with at least 5-6 wickets in hand

Damn gavaskar, admit it , that was a poor effort from sachin in the field.

50 to Strauss at a run a ball :)

One of the best ODI knocks I've seen him play. He needs to make a biggun.
he's done well. He's a very underrated opener. He's one of those guys who really will especially take advantage of bad balls, he won't let them pass him by he'll hit them for boundaries.

Pietersen played ok, but I think as an opener he's always going to go for too many balls and get himself out. He's in good T20 form, and as an opener he's going to play more like T20. What England needs him to do is be able to keep his cool throughout the innings and his concentration and posting big scores consistently. Needs a few more games to get used to opening, but needs to show the sort of maturity at the top of the order that Strauss does.

they shud be luking arnd chasing 140-150 in the last 20 .. with at least 5-6 wickets in hand

Wickets don't matter, England doesn't have batters to powerfully clean the ropes. So its best for them to keep with run rate and gradullay escalate.

Bhajji needs to take a wicket or two within next 5 overs

Last time when we played here against Aussies the pitch started become more spin friendly post 20 overs in the evening.

I'm not having a go at the indians here but I really don't like this pitch. There's not enough in it for the bowlers. For most teams the game will be basically decided by batting. There are better pitches in India than this. Boundaries come far too easily too.

Last edited:
he's done well. He's a very underrated opener. He's one of those guys who really will especially take advantage of bad balls, he won't let them pass him by he'll hit them for boundaries.

actually gone downhill as a player really...at certain junctures in the past he has been one of our best test batsmen if not the best. The guy has 3 tons in 5 tests in India, 3 tons in SA, and 4 Ashes tons. amazing - he is already one of the best left-handed openers to play for England. he fails more often than he succeeds these days, but as he showed with his fearless 110 in Brisbane, he can still pull a huge knock out of the hat when it matters. hopefully he can do the same again today.

Last edited:
Not too disappointed about that, Trott looked clueless

actually gone downhill as a player really...at certain junctures in the past he has been one of our best test batsmen if not the best. The guy has 3 tons in 5 tests in India, 3 tons in SA, and 4 Ashes tons. amazing - he is already one of the best left-handed openers to play for England. he fails more often than he succeeds these days, but as he showed with his fearless 110 in Brisbane, he can still pull a huge knock out of the hat when it matters. hopefully he can do the same again today.
I disagree I think he was just in bad form. Recently he's looked pretty good out there. He's doing better in ODIs at the moment than he ever has.

Maybe I don't follow closely or not, or don't have enough cricket knowledge, but Strauss to me still looks like the same player he's always been.

well both in sri lanka n india .. much depends upon the toss .. just win it .. bat first .. pile up a big total .. spinners will have assistance later in the day ... simple!

i hope they've prepared sum bowling pitches as well ... that is where the real competition will take place .. the real cricket will be witnessed by us who want one day format to survive

Ian Bell in at 4, his picture on Sky Sports, he looked a little bit like Frank Spencer :))

I knew we'd struggle against Chawla, still can't see anything other than an easy India win.

Chawla is such a better bowler than Harbajhan, should definitely be in the test squad ahead of harbajhan

I disagree I think he was just in bad form. Recently he's looked pretty good out there. He's doing better in ODIs at the moment than he ever has.

Maybe I don't follow closely or not, or don't have enough cricket knowledge, but Strauss to me still looks like the same player he's always been.

he didn't get a test ton for a good 18 months until Brisbane...I fear he has had his best days :(

I have a feeling Struass will be the last man standing, with 140 runs to his name.

well both in sri lanka n india .. much depends upon the toss .. just win it .. bat first .. pile up a big total .. spinners will have assistance later in the day ... simple!

i hope they've prepared sum bowling pitches as well ... that is where the real competition will take place .. the real cricket will be witnessed by us who want one day format to survive

nope , in SL batting second you have no chance ...The pitch dosent change much in India . Good teams can chase down totals here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back