India v England | WC'11 | Group B | Bangalore | 27/02/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
he didn't get a test ton for a good 18 months until Brisbane...I fear he has had his best days :(
Just unlucky. He nearly got a century twice against Bangladesh I remember he just missed out. He was still consistently putting scores on the board, just not converting them to centuries. Only a matter of time before he got another century really I felt.

I have a feeling Struass will be the last man standing, with 140 runs to his name.

+1

he is looking really confident and positive so far ..not under any pressure
just playing normal smart cricket

Strauss is continuing with his awesome form, we need take his wicketat the earliets possible to be in slightly stronger position.

118 for 2 after 18 overs

Honestly is that what you call a good crowd? England hits a boundary and the crowd goes dead?

So typical of Indian crowd.

england need run a bowl with the odd boundary here and there if they want to win.

But the bowlers have let them down big time.

Honestly is that what you call a good crowd? England hits a boundary and the crowd goes dead?

So typical of Indian crowd.

Silence of the lambs :bumble

It's good for the opposition because they know they are on top and England most certainly are here.

nope , in SL batting second you have no chance ...The pitch dosent change much in India . Good teams can chase down totals here too.
Yeah. I don't really think there's much of an advantage batting first on this pitch. A stronger batting line up could very well chase this, I just don't think England's is strong enough, especially against spin.

It's just I feel it's just too flat and too geared towards batsmen. For both sides. This pitch isn't that hard to score on, even if the indian spinners so far are outbowling the English ones.

nope , in SL batting second you have no chance ...The pitch dosent change much in India . Good teams can chase down totals here too.
Yeah. I don't really think there's much of an advantage batting first on this pitch. A stronger batting line up could very well chase this, I just don't think England's is strong enough, especially against spin.

It's just I feel it's just too flat and too geared towards batsmen. For both sides. This pitch isn't that hard to score on, even if the indian spinners so far are outbowling the English ones.

Strauss will have to bat through whole inns and get 150+ if england are to get close here!

Disagree King...India are still favourites all things considered

The England batting looks good so far in subcontinent conditions, but Anderson has let the side down big style with his horrendous bowling I'm afraid.

duckworth lewis at this point would give England the win :)))

Sadly, Ian Bell is very mentally weak. It's obvious that he's going to either get out sooon or play a scratchy and nervy innings putting pressure on his partner(s).

England need to hope Collingwood/Strauss can start a big partnership at around 6 an over and leave the rest for the PP.

Indias weak link on paper is 5th bowling option so england will have to try and score 70-80 runs from that that allotment of 10 overs.

Surprising that Swann completely flopped on here. Looks like quite a spin friendly wicket, especially for ODIs.

Sadly, Ian Bell is very mentally weak. It's obvious that he's going to either get out sooon or play a scratchy and nervy innings putting pressure on his partner(s).

England need to hope Collingwood/Strauss can start a big partnership at around 6 an over and leave the rest for the PP.

Ian Bell is a minnow basher in ODIs, he has 1 ton in 80 ODIs. Bopara or Shah should get a go in his place.

Hats off to england for this fine batting display !

good resistance so far

if england take batting PP now they can avoid bhajji at the death and also try to get the RRR below 6.

just an idea

really hope the captain gets a ton today, even if we are destined to lose. what an innings this has been - absolutely fearless.

I disagree. He's been a good pressure player in ODIs in the past. He's very good at getting the singles and rotating the strike, and then when he's in, accelerating and getting the boundaries. If he stays in, he's very valuable.

Hasn't been in good from recently in ODIs, so I'm not sure he deserved his place in the team. England might give Bopara a go instead of him if they keep yardy if Bell doesn't get a big score here.

Swann never trouble anyone though, even Gambhir's wicket was mainly down to batsman error.

Has Ian Bell ever won England an ODI against any half decent attack?

Bhajji looks quite flat today, may be MSD needs to get Pathan bowl some of his darters from this end.

Poor effort from him in the field now

Hmm, intersting game. Just 200 needed now and RR is still under 7. England slightly ahead perhaps.

Ian Bell is one of the most textbook players in the world, just a matter of time before he performs on the big stage and it could be today.

still 200 to get :( this is going to be near-impossible for England. Yardy in at 7 is just :facepalm:

With that bowling India cant win world cup. Against a better bowling line up like Australia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa there batsmenn will not score as many runs and there bowlers cant defend that score

My fav England player got out early otherwise they could have spanked India badly here. :( Im pretty sure Pietorson could have smashed Chawla everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back