India v England | WC'11 | Group B | Bangalore | 27/02/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawkeye showed it hitting the stump comfortably.. even with doubt, the height/spin would be unlikely to take it away from the stumps. Silly decision.

Whats the use of 2.5m rule when you have got hawk eye telling you the height ball would travel?

Good decision. DRS is only a prediction machine and once the the ball hits that far out it can't be taken seriously. :bumble

It's hitting below the middle of middle. :))) :)))

What a howler.

Thats pathetic. It was out. Now say bye bye to UDRS :facepalm: BCCI would never let this rule in place anymore

Well cricinfo had Collingwood already in. They gona have to change that...

Guys!! The distance was more than 2.5 m

Benefit of the doubt with the umpire's decision

I think it was given not out since some part of ball impact was outside offside line ? but to be fever as crowd saying C H E A T I N G

The hawkeye showed the ball hitting around the middle of middle. Even if there was a massive amount of doubt it would hit the top of middle at worst. It was stone dead but not given even with about 5 replays. Farce.

Can someone pls tell me how that was given not out ??...This is the reason why UDRS is a failure it wont minimise any mistakes if the guy pushing the button is a retard...

If India can still pull off a victory after these incidents(strauss nick not noticed by players and umps, then this LBW decision) it will give a big boost for the entire team.

Strauss wicket is the key between India win or Loss

Many of those pitched outside also will go on to hit the wicket, but are automatically given not out.

Good decision. DRS is only a prediction machine and once the the ball hits that far out it can't be taken seriously. :bumble

If its a prediction machine then why the hell is it in place? are we forecasting weather? Sorry i am a Pakistani fan but after this decision, i have my own doubts on this system

That's ridiculous. That was plumb.

This DRS rule sucks. If that happened to Pakistan, I would've thrown a massive fit.

Very Very unlucky India! truly deserved that wicket. India could have had two wickets by now, should have appealed for Strauss's knick and now this Bell's plumb l.b.w, India very unlucky. :(

Ian Bell and Cook get so many decisions from umpires. At least time, in Bell's defence, he was walking instead of acting as though butter wouldn't melt.

If its a prediction machine then why the hell is it in place? are we forecasting weather? Sorry i am a Pakistani fan but after this decision, i have my own doubts on this system

brother its not urds system error but umpire who is so bad cant even get right after watching on tv. change umpire

DISTANCE from the WICKET was too much guys. The hawkeye is a PREDICTION of the balls trajectory!!!

Hence the doubt. Hence the decision in batsman favor. SIMPLE

Seriously though, far be it for me to sympathise with India, but that was just one of the worst decision ever. A child would have done a better job with all those replays.

i would be happy if England had won but not after what happend now.

No two ways about it.

India got screwed. The message sent to BCCI is that no matterhow much money you have White is still MIGHT!

Even without the prediction machine,umpires don't give batters out if they are so far down the pitch. This has been going on since the days of :wg, and accepted.

Guarantee anything if Australia were appealing this review (Thats if it does get there considering Billy wouldve raised the finger before) It wouldve been given out..

Seriously though, far be it for me to sympathise with India, but that was just one of the worst decision ever. A child would have done a better job with all those replays.

Again 2.5m law come to play, its not like India got unlucky here because of 3rd umpire error.

If a batsman comes down the track, and the ball hits him flush on the middle and is going to hit the middle of middle. It wont be given out. Why? Because batsman's is too far down.

The hawkeye takes that into account as well.

Stop the whining guys

Can someone pls tell me how that was given not out ??...This is the reason why UDRS is a failure it wont minimise any mistakes if the guy pushing the button is a retard...

its not up to any guy i think.

If the ball hits the pad at a distance of more than 2.5m from the stumps, the hawk eye cant predict the trajectory accurately...and in this case it is taken that the ball would go over the stumps.

100 from strauss...
one of the best in big chases !!!!

wonderful innings

This is what happens when you argue with Billy when he tells you where you should be standing whilst fielding.

Zaheer should have listened earler, Dhoni should have calmed the situation.

Amazing innings so far, just got show that you need to strict India around 300 and win the game with their shoddy bowling. India still have excelent chance anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back