India v England | WC'11 | Group B | Bangalore | 27/02/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nasir Hussain ripping into the Indian bowling and the Indian public's blatant disregard of theirs. Just listed about 3 wicket takers from every team and then goes "the Indian public loves their batting but you need decent bowlers too"(or something to that effect).

is that nas hussain in the comm box? he's having a nice time commentating lol

what's the record WC run chase btw?

102 needed of 90 with a Batting PP up the sleeve. I think this game is England's to lose.

OH man If Strauss breaks SRT's 200 here I will be devestated, they can have the win but NOT SRT's record..............

munaf patel .. inka poora naam munaf musa patel hai .. pehli dafa 1983 mein paida hue gujrat mein .. first class cricket 2003 mein khelna shru ki ... :mib:

I completely forgot Sachin already has scored century in this match. That may explain what might help to decide the consequence for this match.

I m putting myself out of this misery.

Congrats English fans. You guys thoroughly deserves this victory (And we too deserve the spanking)

Dhoni -- why did you remove Chawla when they were struggling against him?

Last edited by a moderator:
this is bizarre. are we actually this good?
Nah it's just Bell and Strauss :D

If they click I think only guys like Pietersen, Strauss and Bell in the England team could chase a huge total against a spin heavy attack on a pitch good for spin. If two out of these three hadn't clicked, I'm pretty certain England wouldn't be able to chase this.

Trott's a good player, but even if he'd scored big, I'm not sure if England would have kept up with the run rate.

As I've said before Bell is a very underrated player. He plays to the situation and is an adaptable player. He does play well under pressure in ODIs. He was just out of form recently.

Last edited:
A defeat today for India may prove to be a blessing in disguise before the knock outs.

India quickly need to realize how pathetic their bowling and fielding is

I still remember Nas' "Pakistanis are genetically stronger than Indians" comments. :)))

The best part of this, is the silence of the indian crowd.

No crowd in the world goes quiet as quickly as the indian crowd

^ Let's not just criticize Indian crowds for not being neutral. India might lose today match. Try to understand their feelings, my brothers and sisters from this site (meaning both Muslim and Non Muslim)

is it just me or someone else is also realizing that Nasser Hussain and Suni G are both now kinda taking sides while commentating.

Best spinner in the world bowling now
I expect Sidhu after this match to say:

"we really could have done with an Afridi today. A guy who could take wickets on this pitch, keep things economical and provide some valuable low order hitting in the last few overs"

:afridi

Strauss top scorer in the tournament, 226 for one dismissal thus far :sachin

it never cease to amaze me that indian cricket do not address their bowling worries, they just ignore it and think their batting can do everything alone which is possible 6/10, i never hear gavaskar, shastri and sanjay mention their bowling weakness

pak would beat india for sure if they meet

There is always a chance England choke, the powerplay can do wonders for the bowling team as well in terms of wicktes falling

calm down, he still needs another 62, and there are only 92 to get. he'd have to really dominate to get 200.

Is my prediction coming true or what?

Definitely better than that Octopus Paul. :wasim

Yeah don't give india a sniff ;Nasser

Excluding this match this :
Sachin Tendulkar has scored 46 century in one day matches and 33 times India have won.

Which is poor in my opinion, 13 losses.

There will probably be another one added to the tally(loss)

England are strolling, no chance for India. Should send in Bresnan next to finish things off quicker.

calm down, he still needs another 62, and there are only 92 to get. he'd have to really dominate to get 200.

Yes, very much an outside chance. The thing is, Strauss is hitting boundaries wheras Bell is mostly dealing in ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back