India v South Africa | 2nd Test | Bangalore | Nov 14-18, 2015 | Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Session 1,day 4 washed out..next inspection at 11.30 am..hope atleast we get a session today

What's the point? We are not going to get a result in five sessions now are we?

Best case scenario - India secures a decent lead in 3 sessions. And bowls SA out in the remaining two.

In all the three previous innings, India have bowled SA out within 60 overs i think.

This is of course, if we do not get any further disruptions at all.

Best case scenario - India secures a decent lead in 3 sessions. And bowls SA out in the remaining two.

In all the three previous innings, India have bowled SA out within 60 overs i think.

This is of course, if we do not get any further disruptions at all.

Not going to happen. We are currently 134 runs behind. We need to wipe those runs first before thinking about a lead. So we are not going to have anything more than 120-130 runs lead if we play another 3 sessions. And with two sessions remaining, SA will easily get those many runs.

Not going to happen. We are currently 134 runs behind. We need to wipe those runs first before thinking about a lead. So we are not going to have anything more than 120-130 runs lead if we play another 3 sessions. And with two sessions remaining, SA will easily get those many runs.

I think Kohli would aim to declare with 400 on the board. Play the first session of batting cautiously, and then go berserk in the remaining two. Remember, the SA bowling attack is threadbare. And knowing Kohli so far, he would not want to settle for a drab draw after being so ahead in the game so far.

I think Kohli would aim to declare with 400 on the board. Play the first session of batting cautiously, and then go berserk in the remaining two. Remember, the SA bowling attack is threadbare. And knowing Kohli so far, he would not want to settle for a drab draw after being so ahead in the game so far.

There is no way India can lose this test from here. So it would be the right approach. In fact I think they should come out playing attacking shots right from the beginning -- that is if the play resumes soon.

Last edited:
Outfield still wet and now inspection at 1 pm :facepalm:
Just call the test off already, no point now.

I think only [MENTION=132605]battler[/MENTION]'s method makes sense now.

we will have play today and we need to blaze away from the start.

I think only [MENTION=132605]battler[/MENTION]'s method makes sense now.

we will have play today and we need to blaze away from the start.

It is actually a combination of your and my method.
We have at blaze away from the start but cannot declare when we reach their score.
Look there is no rain now and say if play starts at 1:30 and we can get in about 40 overs in today.
We shoulld go at about 4 rpo. Which will get us a lead of about 30 runs today.
Then bat the 1st session tomrrow or rather bat 30 overs and get about another 150 or so.
That would leave us with a lead of 180. Then have a go at the saffers for 60 overs with Ashwin and Jadeja at each end non - stop.

It is actually a combination of your and my method.
We have at blaze away from the start but cannot declare when we reach their score.
Look there is no rain now and say if play starts at 1:30 and we can get in about 40 overs in today.
We shoulld go at about 4 rpo. Which will get us a lead of about 30 runs today.
Then bat the 1st session tomrrow or rather bat 30 overs and get about another 150 or so.
That would leave us with a lead of 180. Then have a go at the saffers for 60 overs with Ashwin and Jadeja at each end non - stop.

Not at all.

My method won't work now. It will result in draw.

Now that we can't lose, why should we speculate how much to give?

Just level the scores, maybe get some runs more slogging and insert Saffers.

We need 2 - 2.5 sessions to bowl them out. Rest we can coordinate in the 4th innings.

Only your method will work now if we want a win. Loss possibility is gone and I hope Kohli does wat you told me yesterday

Not at all.

We need 2 - 2.5 sessions to bowl them out. Rest we can coordinate in the 4th innings.

Only your method will work now if we want a win. Loss possibility is gone and I hope Kohli does wat you told me yesterday

But if Saffers bat for 2- 2.5 session they would get to make about 180 odd and if we don't have a lead then we will need more time to get those runs. Atleast 40 overs more.

Not at all.

Play to resume at 2. So I guess we might about 35-40 overs in assuming there is a tea break as well.
I'm guessing about 35 overs since SA will bowl their pacers more. Ind really need about 150 more here today.

But if Saffers bat for 2- 2.5 session they would get to make about 180 odd and if we don't have a lead then we will need more time to get those runs. Atleast 40 overs more.

Play to resume at 2. So I guess we might about 35-40 overs in assuming there is a tea break as well.
I'm guessing about 35 overs since SA will bowl their pacers more. Ind really need about 150 more here today.

Yeah I can see your point.

If we are in a good position in first innings, we gotta slog and get a lead of atleast 100 and go bonkers.

This rain has affected me a LOT.

Chennai has been raining and Lake Chemberabakam has been filled to the core and authorities have opened up the gates and released the water.

My house lying in one of the lowr lying areas has been submerged. Ground floor atleast. We can stay in our first floor but too risky with no electricity and so much water.

I am 6 feet and if I stand outside my house, water will be upto my neck's height or more.

This happened in 2005 where boats helped us out and now again.

Damn. Staying at my nani's place from yesterday night.

Chennai has been raining and Lake Chemberabakam has been filled to the core and authorities have opened up the gates and released the water.

My house lying in one of the lowr lying areas has been submerged. Ground floor atleast.

I am 6 feet and if I stand outside my house, water will be upto my neck's height or more.

Pics please :p

My house lying in one of the lowr lying areas has been submerged. Ground floor atleast. We can stay in our first floor but too risky with no electricity and so much water.

There is about 5 ft water outside your house?
Damn! That's bad, stay safe :)

There is about 5 ft water outside your house?
Damn! That's bad, stay safe :)

Haha...I am safe. After 2005 fiasco, I told my parents to leave so we left by 4:30 pm once water started accumating outside our house. After we left, electricity got switched off and things went crazy.

In T Nagar now and things are fine.

Haha...I am safe. After 2005 fiasco, I told my parents to leave so we left by 4:30 pm once water started accumating outside our house. After we left, electricity got switched off and things went crazy.

In T Nagar now and things are fine.

Still slight drizzle at Bangalore so match not starting.
Don't think we will get anything today as well.
At this point there is no point in further continuing I guess.
Captains need to shake hands and call it a draw.
No way is a result possible now in 3 sessions.

Puddle in some areas. Lots in other areas. No puddle in some areas. You cann travel in city but gotta take a lot of detours.

I was just watching the news, they were showing some area in chennai massive massive water-logging and huge sanitation problems.
Reporters were saying that they could be further flash floods so government has advised people in that area to evacuate.
Man I'm glad I don't live in a tropical area. Mumbai and Chennai can be devastating during such times.

Declare with immediate effect, bowl saffers out for about 100 in 35 overs.
Chase down the target of 240 in 55 overs. Simple :)))

Seriously not a bad idea man.

Makes a lot of sense.

Wow. We don't do it but man...that's a reallyyyyyyy good idea.

Pressure on Saffers will be so much that they may play slowly which can help us attack more.

Seriously not a bad idea man.

Makes a lot of sense.

Wow. We don't do it but man...that's a reallyyyyyyy good idea.

Pressure on Saffers will be so much that they may play slowly which can help us attack more.

If no rain tomorrow we could 98 overs as well. We can try it though really unlikely that saffers will be out in 35-40 overs. We have actually nothing lose if we shoot them out in 35 and lose some early wickets we can always shut shop for remaining overs. Though I don't think kohli will try this, will probably just use tomorrow as batting practise.

If no rain tomorrow we could 98 overs as well. We can try it though really unlikely that saffers will be out in 35-40 overs. We have actually nothing lose if we shoot them out in 35 and lose some early wickets we can always shut shop for remaining overs. Though I don't think kohli will try this, will probably just use tomorrow as batting practise.

Open a thread bro.

Its SUCH A GENIUS idea.

Open a thread asking whether it will happen or not. If it does, lot of discussions will happen there.

No need to give batting practice to the opposition. :) India should pile on the runs and finish the game at 400/0.

Not following much cricket these days but what the hell is this? 3 days of non stop rain? :kaneria

Tough luck to India. Might change the momentum of the series

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

another Indian stadium with poor drainage facilities. I thought India had world class stadiums with state of the art facilities as you asserted [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION]

another Indian stadium with poor drainage facilities. I thought India had world class stadiums with state of the art facilities as you asserted [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION]
Are you serious?There have been non stop rain for 3 days.The rain stopped today morning and the ground was ready to be played on by 2pm but rain returned again at the same time.

Are you serious?There have been non stop rain for 3 days.The rain stopped today morning and the ground was ready to be played on by 2pm but rain returned again at the same time.
Hard rain stopped yesterday. World class stadiums don't face such issues though. Take a look at any top NFL ground which face these issues often. Or even some big clubs European grounds. Emirates for eg. You said Indian stadiums are as good as them which I was arguing they aren't. And Eden (which didn't receive crazy rain anyway) and now this

Good to know that I have some company!

]

Maybe I underestimated

Water came inside your house too? Or just street?

Water came into my flat as my apartment is situated in a low lying area and we're living in ground floor. Water came on friday. We cleaned the whole house on saturday, only for the water to rush back in again on sunday. We have an another flat in the third floor of the same apartment. We stayed there for these 3 days. The most frustrating thing was that there was a complete electrical black out for these 3 days and my phone batteries died out too. So it was literally like a house arrest similar to Suu kyi as there was knee deep water in front of my apartment locking us out for these days.

Water came into my flat as my apartment is situated in a low lying area and we're living in ground floor. Water came on friday. We cleaned the whole house on saturday, only for the water to rush back in again on sunday. We have an another flat in the third floor of the same apartment. We stayed there for these 3 days. The most frustrating thing was that there was a complete electrical black out for these 3 days and my phone batteries died out too. So it was literally like a house arrest similar to Suu kyi as there was knee deep water in front of my apartment locking us out for these days.

Dude...you should have got out to some other area. Never safe to be stuck upstairs with so much water which is why I asked my family to get the hell out of that place yesterday evening.

In 2005, we stayed and had to be rescued with boats (just for 1 street). :)) The road outside my home is like a slow slope. I could stand on my toes outside my house and breathe. Had to go left to safety. Once I cross the road, water would only be ankle deep. But if I went right...the water level would keep rising and if you don't know swimming (which I don't) you could drown. :)) And that's me...the tallest of the lot in my family. Had a grandpa (80+), grandma (70+), mom, dad and co. So came the rescue boats to save us at that time in 2005. They had to lift all of us and get us to safety by crossing our street. :facepalm:

Didn't want any of that crap this time (though no grandparents this time) and so we left and electricity got cut within an hour of us leaving and water level steadily rose.

I suggest you get out of the place and stay at some relatives' place. Don't think water level will rise (things should get back to normal within 2-3 days) but never safe staying upstairs with water downstairs. How you accessing internet now with no electricity and dead batteries?

Dude...you should have got out to some other area. Never safe to be stuck upstairs with so much water which is why I asked my family to get the hell out of that place yesterday evening.

In 2005, we stayed and had to be rescued with boats (just for 1 street). :)) The road outside my home is like a slow slope. I could stand on my toes outside my house and breathe. Had to go left to safety. Once I cross the road, water would only be ankle deep. But if I went right...the water level would keep rising and if you don't know swimming (which I don't) you could drown. :)) And that's me...the tallest of the lot in my family. Had a grandpa (80+), grandma (70+), mom, dad and co. So came the rescue boats to save us at that time in 2005. They had to lift all of us and get us to safety by crossing our street. :facepalm:

Didn't want any of that crap this time (though no grandparents this time) and so we left and electricity got cut within an hour of us leaving and water level steadily rose.

I suggest you get out of the place and stay at some relatives' place. Don't think water level will rise (things should get back to normal within 2-3 days) but never safe staying upstairs with water downstairs. How you accessing internet now with no electricity and dead batteries?

Water drained yesterday night and power came today morning. It's a good thing that the EB guys cut the power promptly as soon as rain started and they don't supply it till the water is drained fully. Six years back when this happened we shifted to West Mambalam, but this time we couldn't. Anyway I think the rains won't come as strongly, if it does, have no other option but to shift somewhere else.
[MENTION=113824]Nikhil_cric[/MENTION] Thanks, now the situation is better. Hopefully the rain stays out..

Next inspection at 10 am [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] :))
Just forget this match now, shake hands :facepalm:

Lol, this match is still going on? It should have been called off when two days were lost and it was still gloomy, yesterday. I hope the weather for the remaining games isn't like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back