India v South Africa | World T20 | Trent Bridge | 16/6/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like spin is the key for us on thursday, afridi step up and do your thang

This isn't good...SA are getting the loss out of the way in this match.

if SA loses to india by a large margin, is there any chance that we can face WI in the semi-finals???

Last edited:
Fast bowlers have only bowled 5 overs btw them. Have to say some good tactics by India to carry on with the spin.

Last edited:
seems SA dont want to win this
they want to avoid us :13:

Wow, we're playing on a different pitch for the semi, right now its completely green.

what was manjrekar talking about...semi pitch..when he said we will be palying in the seaming green pitch for semi and not the spinning paradise? does that help SA

maybe SA WANT to get thrashed so that they can go and play at Oval and get away from Trent Bridge pitches???? If India get these in say 16overs then West Indies play Pakistan here

SA if they loose here , is bad news for Pak ...the chances of them choking will be lesser then

Yep the pitch thats gonna be used for the semi is completely different, Nick Knight was talking about it during the first game today.

I'd expect the grass to be shaved off BUT if it isnt, SA will think Christmas, Eid, Diwali and birthdays have all come at once!

my calculations say if SA scores 125 and india wins it than windies will have better runrate, can anyone confrim this

Jadeja should have bowled the last over. He was bowling really well

insaftak said:
my calculations say if SA scores 125 and india wins it than windies will have better runrate, can anyone confrim this
I will check end of the innings. I have got everything in a spreadsheet.

JustAnotherFan said:
I will check end of the innings. I have got everything in a spreadsheet.

Why weren’t you in Durban in 2003 during a certain match against SL!

*Pollock* :D

the question is, will India do Pakistan a favour and knock the runs off quickly?

so i think india need to win this in around 15-16 overs for Pakistan to play the Windies.

131 RUNNS NEEDED BY INDIA, AND to help pakistan they need to do it under 16 overs. is india willing to offer pakistan? has that zardari and manmohan talk in russia done anything???

I worked out India has to get 131 in 15 overs and 4 balls. That will ensure WI is top of the table.

so in how many overs india has to chase to put South Africa number 2 in that group?

Mohsin said:
Not gonna happen...just concentrate on SA guys!

shut up please dont right off india there openers are one of the best's partnerships in the world so just concentrate on INDIA openers and learn

Mohsin said:
Why weren’t you in Durban in 2003 during a certain match against SL!

*Pollock* :D
:)))

Seriously tho I have worked with numbers a long time and part of my career so these things are kind of fun. I guess that sounds cheesy.

JustAnotherFan said:
I worked out India has to get 131 in 15 overs and 4 balls. That will ensure WI is top of the table.

this is doable for india, not that i'm supporting india or anything

why we are so scared of SA .common if we have to win this cup then we should be able to beat the best in the world .we cant keep winning against minnows and one or two best teams and calim we are best in the world .I dont like this negative mentality ...

Shahid A said:
shut up please dont right off india there openers are one of the best's partnerships in the world so just concentrate on INDIA openers and learn

Wah wah, suddenly he's an indian supporter!

sounds like round about 8 runs per over required for Pak Vs WI semi-final.

insaftak said:
this is doable for india, not that i'm supporting india or anything
I seriously wonder if teams ever throw games to choose who they want to play in the SF?

Why would SA wanna avoid Pakistan with their record against Pakistan?

I remember 1999 world cup. Whole Pakistan was praying Aussies to beat SA in semi final to avoid SA and then what happened in final :(

mnoman15 said:
I remember 1999 world cup. Whole Pakistan was praying Aussies to beat SA in semi final to avoid SA and then what happened in final :(

yeah but we still would have lost to SA.
Remember the group game, :wasim and co won us the game.....before Zulu came and (not for the first time mind you) won a lost game for SA against Pakistan.

Dont worry JAF i'm off to watch the match.....and as has been shown with the England-Windies and SL-NZ games whenever i start watching...wickets start bloody falling! :boom:

Mohsin said:
Dont worry JAF i'm off to watch the match.....and as has been shown with the England-Windies and SL-NZ games whenever i start watching...wickets start bloody falling! :boom:

don't do it :D

Mohsin said:
Lol!

Niaz: "If India chase 131 in 15.4 overs, Pakistan would play West Indies on Thursday

Cricinfo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back