India v Sri Lanka | 4th ODI | Colombo | 27/8/08

Random Aussie

Senior Test Player
Runs
Crucial match. Dhoni has won the toss again :pissed: and will bat.

Fixed

Last edited:
india_fan said:
Screw you RA. Stop following India's match so closely. :pissed: :D

But I so enjoy watching them lose :)

And have quite a few Indian friends at work to tease. :D Plus you :po:

Random Aussie said:
But I so enjoy watching them lose :)

And have quite a few Indian friends at work to tease. :D

May GOD be with those few Indian friends of yours.

Disclaimer: GOD != Sachin in this post :p

india_fan said:
May GOD be with those few Indian friends of yours.

Disclaimer: GOD != Sachin in this post :p

One just became Australian citizen yesterday. :)

But he still goes for the Indian cricket team :pissed:

Random Aussie said:

Give him time- couple of generations may be :D

india_fan said:
LMAO... I see, saale sabhi desi logo ne CBN liya hua hain :))

dekho yaar... CBN wale mujra dance dakha raha hai ...hamhein unpar gowar samajh rakha kya? CBN ko toh ki aisi ! :po:

agar dance dekhna tha toh B4U music marr gaya kya....:|

Last edited:
Random Aussie said:

LOL!

Slowly but steadily we will try to take over Australia :p

To the actual match:

Indian team is unchanged while Warnapura is in for Silva for Sri Lanka.

Will Mendis continue his decline (relatively of course) as the Indian batsmen get more confident?

Will the YUVI make some runs when his team needs him? :)))

Will Dhoni looks real ugly at the crease?

Will Zaheer make it through a record 7th consecutive match without injury?

Pakwatan said:
dekho yaar... CBN wale mujra dance dakha raha hai ...hamhein unpar gowar samajh rakha kya? CBN ko toh ki aisi ! :po:

:))) :))) @ Mujra. Kya third-class mujra hain woh bhi

Random Aussie said:
To the actual match:

Indian team is unchanged while Warnapura is in for Silva for Sri Lanka.

Will Mendis continue his decline (relatively of course) as the Indian batsmen get more confident?

Will the YUVI make some runs when his team needs him? :)))

Will Dhoni looks real ugly at the crease?

Will Zaheer make it through a record 7th consecutive match without injury?

Will RA ever quit hating the Indian team ? :D

india_fan said:
:))) :))) @ Mujra. Kya third-class mujra hain woh bhi

wohi banda sing kar raha hai ke pyaar deh mujhe aur ladkiyan kehti hai na na na :po:

thappad khaanay se better hai ke ghaana gha... :))

1:59 pm Meanwhile, loud cheers as Dhoni walks out for the toss. Not too many fans gathered, but they are trickling in steadily.

RA, except you no one hates Indian team at such extreme level. The sooner you realize that you are at the wrong shore, the better it'll be for you :D

Lanka got their team all wrong again.

Too many bowlers .. not enough batting !

kashif77 said:
Lanka got their team all wrong again.

Too many bowlers .. not enough batting !

Yep...at least they've gotten Malinda in who thrashed the Indians in the Tests in place of the hopeless Silva...but the team is still unbalanced.

Random Aussie said:
The YUVI :))) :)))

Lasted 6 balls

We knew UV couldn't play spinners. Now we know that he also cannot play slower deliveries either.

Last edited:
Random Aussie said:
The YUVI :))) :)))

Lasted 6 balls

Something is wrong with Youvraj. :|

Does he need the love of Deepika or the hug from Preety Zinta or Tri Love between Dhoni and Deepika ? :D

Momo said:
We knew UV couldn't play spinners. Now we know that he also cannot play slower deliveries.

Can we afford slow bowlers when India tours in Pakistan? :))

Kohli is gone... Bowled by Thushara

scored 54. Well Deserved Fifty

I hear both Youvraj and Dhoni having cold war each other, is that true?

Even without Deepika? :|

I doubt both Dhoni and Youvraj were having HAPPY relationship without Deepika.

Waqar the inimitable: "That's very very good. That's very plus for India." :younis

Waqar the inimitable 2: "Very dodgy question lately." :younis

I <3 Waqar.

Hilarious mangling of the language, interspersed with genuinely insightful commentary. :younis

Random Aussie said:
I <3 Waqar.

Hilarious mangling of the language, interspersed with genuinely insightful commentary. :younis
Dont u have to go and prepare for bangladesh series? :p

Interesting to see how Dhoni is playing Mendis. Rather than the traditional bat/pad close together, he is playing purely with the bat only and relying on his reflexes. So far it seems to work.

Random Aussie said:
Yep starts Saturday 9.30am, hope it is still going by the time I get up. :D

Looking forward to Bangladesh-Australia series, but won't be fun though :|

Keen to watch Ashraful how he will fair against Australian bowling attack :D

Pakwatan said:
Looking forward to Bangladesh-Australia series, but won't be fun though :|

Keen to watch Ashraful how he will fair against Australian bowling attack :D

Hmm, I'll take a stab at one nice fifty and a couple of gift catches :D

It's Bangladesh, all we have to do is put a team in the field and bowl on the pitch and they will start giving their wickets away.

Random Aussie said:
It's Bangladesh, all we have to do is put a team in the field and bowl on the pitch and they will start giving their wickets away.

Like at Cardiff in 2005? :D

we have to aim for 250. Not everyday the Lankan batting will collapse, and our 5th bowler/s can give away 70 runs.

Dhonifan said:
we have to aim for 250. Not everyday the Lankan batting will collapse, and our 5th bowler/s can give away 70 runs.

Agree about your fifth bowler, but I'm not sure about the Lankan batting to be honest. They really seem weak against fast bowling. Malinda's return will help though.

Random Aussie said:
Hmm, I'll take a stab at one nice fifty and a couple of gift catches :D

I fear that Bangladesh might pull off a few upset win.

England has defeated Australia in CB Series 06

India has defeated Australia in CB Series 07 or 08

Who knows if Bangladesh surprises Australia . :|

Bangladesh is getting better and better. Soon they would be on top in about four or five years :D

cars112 said:
Agree about your fifth bowler, but I'm not sure about the Lankan batting to be honest. They really seem weak against fast bowling. Malinda's return will help though.
yeah but you can never be sure when Jayasurya or Sanga will click, and if they do each one can make 100 in a jiffy

however, india look to be on course for 270+, so the openers will be under massive pressure

I have to say one thing Murliatharan is just not the same bowler anymore. He is no longer as threatening as before. He was lucky that he had and has Mendis to support him but i wont give him more than year. I think its best if Vaas hangs up his boots soon. Hes got 400 ODI wickets, hats of too him but its time to embrace reality that he is finished.

why is the Indian contingent on the ground dressed in bright Aussie yellow? complete with yellow wigs

Savak said:
I have to say one thing Murliatharan is just not the same bowler anymore. He is no longer as threatening as before. He was lucky that he had and has Mendis to support him but i wont give him more than year. I think its best if Vaas hangs up his boots soon. Hes got 400 ODI wickets, hats of too him but its time to embrace reality that he is finished.

Murali destroyed India in the Test series mate.

TruSachFan said:
if mendis wasnt there, then the indian batsmen would have owned him.

Mendis is playing the ODIs but you are still doing well against Murali, though.

jusarrived said:
300+ on here ..if these two stay till 45th over may be even more !

i guess a wicket soon and a couple more ...and india to end up with 280.

cars112 said:
Mendis is playing the ODIs but you are still doing well against Murali, though.

we are doing well against mendis in odis as well , so see the difference ?

Dhoni should ask for a runner, or even retire hurt because he really looks in pain

jusarrived said:

Mendis has 8 wickets at 16 in this series. This is not "doing well" against Mendis.

jusarrived said:

Finally, they have watched Misbah inning against Mendis especially three huge sixes :D

It's OZ time to suffer against Mendis - Waqar :younis

pixaar said:
yeah i guess. can't see the match live. how's the track for 2nd innings?

much flatter compared to previous matches ....250 par score ....but apparently it spins more in second innings !

WOW WOW....what a shot from raina !

cars112 said:
Mendis has 8 wickets at 16 in this series. This is not "doing well" against Mendis.

how many of those wickets are of toporder & not in the 50th over of the innings ..anyway I was speaking relatively .....too much focus on mendis led to giving away wickets to murali !

Awesome innings by Riana, he has really made me eat the humble pie. Never really rated him much till I saw this innings; superb technique, elegant as hell, a bit hitter and an awesome beckons for this lad..

Romali_rotti said:
Awesome innings by Riana, he has really made me eat the humble pie. Never really rated him much till I saw this innings; superb technique, elegant as hell, a bit hitter and an awesome beckons for this lad..

dont rate raina ,really ? raina is yuvi with much better temparment !

jusarrived said:
dont rate raina ,really ? raina is yuvi with much better temparment !

Comparing Yuvi with Riana is an insult, Riana looks so at home against the spinners unlike Mr.High Backlift...

Great now India starting to lose the plot lol.. But well played by Dhoni, he is truly a Kshatritya on the field.... Well playedd...

Romali_rotti said:
Comparing Yuvi with Riana is an insult, Riana looks so at home against the spinners unlike Mr.High Backlift...

even though yuvi is crap against spinners , hes easily on of the most talented batsmen we have seen ....he hasnt made use of his talent is another matter ....hopeful that raina wont disappoint us !

Back