India v Sri Lanka | Asia Cup : Match 6 | Dambulla | 22/06/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmiri_lad

Local Club Star
Runs
Finalists clash in dress rehearsal

The Big Picture
The neighbourly affection between India and Sri Lanka knows no bounds. What was meant to be a ceaseless flow of riveting action between the two teams was rudely interrupted by an inspired Zimbabwe, who deprived India of a place in the tri-series final in Harare. But India bounced back in the Asia Cup, upstaging Pakistan to seal another meeting with their favoured rivals and restore the trend. Tuesday's contest, a dress rehearsal for the final, despite the monotony of what began in January last year, will be one that India will welcome. They are without Virender Sehwag, ruled out of the tournament due to a hamstring injury, and will want to achieve some stability at the top of the order leading into the final.

Sri Lanka have won their games with greater comfort, with their bowlers restraining Pakistan in the opening match and the batsmen, led by Tillakaratne Dilshan, dominating Bangladesh to prepare themselves well for the remaining two games. Both teams, however, have untested players and could try out their bench strength ahead of the final.

Form guide (most recent first)
India: WWLLW
Sri Lanka: WWWLW

Watch out for...
Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli: Though relatively inexperienced, they have acquired a strong reputation in India's middle order and their responsibility has grown in the absence of Sehwag at the top. Both batsmen have had a quiet Asia Cup, following impressive performances in Zimbabwe, and now have the match they need to shape up for the big game.

Upul Tharanga: He has filled in admirably at the position vacated by Sanath Jayasuriya. Tharanga's scores in his previous six innings read 40, 27, 69, 72, 11 and 54, complementing the belligerence of Dilshan with an assured solidity.

Team news
Dinesh Karthik is Sehwag's replacement for the remainder of the tournament and is likely to open on Tuesday with Gautam Gambhir. India may be tempted to rest one of their seamers, possibly Ashish Nehra who has just recovered from back spasms. They have Ashok Dinda in the reserves as well as the spinner R Ashwin. Saurabh Tiwary is a candidate for the middle order, but the rest will be keen to spend some time in the middle ahead of the final.

India (possible) 1 Gautam Gambhir, 2 Dinesh Karthik, 3 Virat Kohli, 4 Rohit Sharma, 5 Suresh Raina, 6 MS Dhoni, 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 Harbhajan Singh/R Ashwin, 9 Praveen Kumar, 10 Zaheer Khan, 11 Ashish Nehra/ Ashok Dinda.

If Sri Lanka choose to try out their bench strength, they may consider resting Lasith Malinga and play allrounder Farveez Maharoof. Another possible change is the inclusion of Suraj Randiv for Muttiah Muralitharan, who may be given a break ahead of the final.

Sri Lanka (possible) 1 Tillakaratne Dilshan, 2 Upul Tharanga, 3 Kumar Sangakkara (capt), 4 Mahela Jayawardene, 5 Thilan Samaraweera/ Thilina Kandamby, 6 Angelo Mathews, 7 Chamara Kapugedera, 8 Farveez Maharoof, 9 Nuwan Kulasekara, 10 Suraj Randiv, 11 Chanaka Welegedera.

kashmiri_lad said:
I care...
EmoticonCheerleader.gif

Billy ko kya ho gaya? Bowed under pressure....... :13:

I follow Cricket a lot but India- SL games are a boring affair - (Overdone) and on top this is a dead rubber. Not surprised that many arent following this one.

Hope India lose this one so they come back harder and win the final.

Is this a single final or best of three?

well here is a question,why didnt bowden sucomed to kamran akmals appeal,well sangakarra has phd in this department

@Cricketismylife - it is a Single final.

Cricketismylife said:
I follow Cricket a lot but India- SL games are a boring affair - (Overdone) and on top this is a dead rubber. Not surprised that many arent following this one.

Hope India lose this one so they come back harder and win the final.

Is this a single final or best of three?
No offence.
But Cricket is your life..
You must be knowing. ;-)
Anyways..its a single final...
Actually I have rarely seen best of three apart from tri - series in Aussie Land..

Sharma is oooozing with talent.
SriLankan bodies are well sculpted. They are bit like you Siva.

- :raja

:))

Maharoof to Jadeja, OUT, 133.4 kph

RA Jadeja lbw b Maharoof 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

:)) Jadeja. Where is Romali?

Maharoof to Kumar, OUT, 132.3 kph, Team hat-trick! Maharoof has gone past Praveen Kumar first ball, as he looked to play a nothing-shot to a ball not too short and far too close to off stump. The inside edge falls on the stumps and Maharoof is now on a hat-trick all of his own!

P Kumar b Maharoof 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

Maharoof on hattrick

wth is going on ere....i jus went out for 5 mins...can some update me??

FOUR Wickets in FOUR balls...
Amazing..Stuff by Srilankans...
India won't be able to reach even 200...

hahahahahahahahha

once i opend cricinfo the wickets start tumbeling...

On the deadest Pitch in ASIA...

Where pakistan can score 385 india can't even prevent a hattrick

Mian Hassan said:
hahahahahahahahha

once i opend cricinfo the wickets start tumbeling...

On the deadest Pitch in ASIA...

Where pakistan can score 385 india can't even prevent a hattrick
I guess Pakistan Team are much stronger thans Team India..
;-)

kashmiri_lad said:
;-)

Only if they could have stopped Bhajji from hitting that six. :)))

Who is watching live? It must be really exciting as home team just turned the match around.

Just look at the Srilankan lineup almost all of them are youngsters and look what have they done to India , why cant we have a team with lots of youngsters?

Best hat-trick ever in the history of ODI cricket.
Because no one else has ever got the price wicket of Ravindra ''I AM AWESOME'' Jadeja in their hat-trick.

Nics said:
Best hat-trick ever in the history of ODI cricket.
Because no one else has ever got the price wicket of Ravindra ''I AM AWESOME'' Jadeja in their hat-trick.

:))) :))) :)))

I was really laughing after seeing his first ball out in cricinfo.

I like him being called as "The thing" by Romali. :))

kashmiri_lad said:
;-)

No india's batting is much better then ours but our first class bowlers are better then india's first choice bowlers

if you want to know the whole truth this is it

Jadeja (as a bowler who can apparently 'bat') should have taken India home against Pakistan the other day and should've batted sensibly today too.. he's your Mohammad Hafeez, but 15982359234 times worse. And Hafeez is one of the most mediocre players to ever come out in world cricket.

Hahaha omg sri lanka rocks :) thx god i didnt miss the hattrick just tuned in the right time to watch that hattricky :))

Jadeja's dismissal was funny.......

And as I type this...Dinda ka gaya dandaaaaaaaaaa.........

Paradox said:
Jadeja (as a bowler who can apparently 'bat') should have taken India home against Pakistan the other day and should've batted sensibly today too.. he's your Mohammad Hafeez, but 15982359234 times worse. And Hafeez is one of the most mediocre players to ever come out in world cricket.

How come Hafeez for Pak and Jadeja "This thing" for Ind keep getting into playing XI ? This really surprises me. If they get in as alrounders then, sorry they are no where near a alrounder.

Paradox said:
Jadeja makes Hafeez look like Gary Sobers. This guy is not even good to play gully cricket, let alone international matches. I really hope selectors drop him and bring back Irfan Pathan.

tdigi said:
Jadeja's dismissal was funny.......

And as I type this...Dinda ka gaya dandaaaaaaaaaa.........

Maharoof to Jadeja, OUT, 133.4 kph, and he's gone first ball, playing all around a straight ball like a deer caught in the headlights! Jadeja walked across to the off stump for some reason and missed a ball headed for middle stump. India have lost two in two.

:)))

muhammad saad said:
Just look at the Srilankan lineup almost all of them are youngsters and look what have they done to India , why cant we have a team with lots of youngsters?

Because even if we play with a team of youngters, what will happen is that the batsmen who will show style in their batting will be sticked with (even if they have no substance) while players with substance or who really have the
grit in them to perform when the pressure is on, will be discarded as they wont be playing breathtaking flashing cover drives to please our fans.

Alas, the plan wont work and both the fans and selectors will start to cry over how "experienced" and "senior" players should never have been kicked out of the side.

Just a thought ;-)

India is gonna lose big time today..
209 is no target for Srilankans..
Chalo..Final mein dekhte hain kya hota hai..
I am hoping atleast now, Jaddu will be thrown out of the playing elevan...
But you never know(Dhoni..)

Sri Lanka should chase this total down with ease!

Amjid Javed said:
Sri Lanka should chase this total down with ease!
No way in hell. Just watch Jadeja completely annihilate, destroy the batting line up of Lanka.

just watched the wicket fallen. The way they changed Billy's decision on Karthik's wicket looks odd.

Billy was not happy with his decision in the end. The look on his face said it all....but he did succumb to pressure ;-)

billy is always happy when the decision are against pakistan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back