India v Sri Lanka [ Match 20/Group B] - Updates

Oxy

Hall of Famer
Runs
Trinidad - Starts 13:30 GM

India squad
R Dravid, SR Tendulkar, AB Agarkar, MS Dhoni, SC Ganguly, Harbhajan Singh, KD Karthik, Z Khan, A Kumble, MM Patel, IK Pathan, V Sehwag, S Sreesanth, AR Uthappa, Yuvraj Singh

Sri Lanka squad
DPMD Jayawardene, RP Arnold, MS Atapattu, CM Bandara, TM Dilshan, CRD Fernando, ST Jayasuriya, KMDN Kulasekara, MF Maharoof, SL Malinga, M Muralitharan, KC Sangakkara, LPC Silva, WU Tharanga, WPUJC Vaas

Around 40 minutes to go; this should be a cracker!

I'm not sure I'll be up for watching this - its potentially the 'Game of the Tournament'.

And boy do I want India to lose.

These are the probable teams for each side:

India (likely)

Ganguly, Sehwag, *Dravid, Tendulkar, Yuvraj, +Dhoni, Pathan, Agarkar, Zaheer, Harbhajan, Munaf

Sri Lanka (likely)

Tharanga, Jayasuria, *Jayawardene, +Sangakarra, Silva, Dilshan, Arnold, Vaas, Maharoof, Malinga, Murali

Oxy said:
I'm not sure I'll be up for watching this - its potentially the 'Game of the Tournament'.

And boy do I want India to lose.
I think I am finally up to watching some good cricket. Lankans all the way, of course.

Jayasuria needs to make a quickfire 100, and Murali needs to take 5 wickets and my day will be perfect.

PlanetPakistan said:
hard to beat the IRE ZIM game!
No doubt the game was good, but the talent of Ireland and Zimbabwe, is not really comparable to the talent out of these two Asian powerhouses. Wouldn't you agree?

Well for the monetary part of the game India winning is a good option.
For all other reasons Lanka winning is nice.

India has won the toss and decided to bowl first..
I hope there was someone to verify the toss. I dont trust anyone.

inzidabest said:
India has won the toss and decided to bowl first..
I hope there was someone to verify the toss. I dont trust anyone.

lol

India win the toss and field. Harbhajan comes in for Kumble.

R Dravid, SR Tendulkar, SC Ganguly, AR Uthappa, V Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni, AB Agarkar, Z Khan, MM Patel, Harbhajan Singh

Sri Lanka team
WU Tharanga, ST Jayasuriya, KC Sangakkara, DPMD Jayawardene, LPC Silva, TM Dilshan, M Muralitharan, WPUJC Vaas, RP Arnold, SL Malinga, CRD Fernando

Maharoof not playing!!!

inzidabest said:
Go India. Go back to India

Go India. Go back to India after winning the world cup... (yes..yes..I am dreaming) :D

Last edited:
Very strange decision to leave out Maharoof. Fernando is very up and down.

I just hope Lankan Lions are going to roar today! Its a pressure match and Indians are getting away by giving the balls in their Muslim bowlers hands so that they can take the heat later (-: Oh c´mon Jaisurrya, make this WC yours and make the indians fly back home

immubhai said:
I just hope Lankan Lions are going to roar today! Its a pressure match and Indians are getting away by giving the balls in their Muslim bowlers hands so that they can take the heat later (-: Oh c´mon Jaisurrya, make this WC yours and make the indians fly back home
They play for INDIA ! i dont care what religion they belong to ... :21:

India chasing in a pressure match and Lanka defending a total. I guess Dravid has messed up again!!

Match about to start, players on the field.

All i hope that this wont turn into one sided game!This should be high scoring Fiesta (-: let the massacre start

The Pitch has no sight of grass. Absolutely a paradise for batsman. Not like the one we played on against Ireland!

For the long-term good of Indian cricket I hope we fail miserably. At the same time I hope Ganguly does a good job batting, and I hope Rahul shows some poor leadership. I hope Agarkar goes for about 150 for 0 in 8 overs so he can be banished from Indian cricket forever.

I hope Malinga takes a fiver for almost zero runs in his first spell and I hope Jayasuriya blasts all the Indian slow-medium pacers out of the attack and the team (except Munaf .. he has potential)

Go Sri Lanka!

I hope Ganguly is reintated as captain within a few months/another poor series for Dravid (as captain) and I hope Chappel gets a chappal ka mala send off ;)

We should have a new look India team .. just like a new look Pakistani team .. and damn when are these guys going to come to USA to play a series?!

BTW - where can I watch the match online for free? Any live links guys?? :)

Last edited:
apuraja said:
BTW - where can I watch the match online for free? Any live links guys?? :)

....why do you care, if youwant India to lose? :p

to see malinga ;) .. aww c'mon i'm still a fan of indian cricket just not this loser team

sri lanka 17/0 after 4 overs..

zaheer has been all over place thus far...

whoever said there will be dodgy umpiring has to take a closer look! lol There was a dodgy umpiring. It was in favor of SL. Jaya plumb not given.

This is looking like a good batting track, apart from a slowish outfield. I think Sri Lanka will easily top 250+

apuraja said:
to see malinga ;) .. aww c'mon i'm still a fan of indian cricket just not this loser team

Yeah, that's similar to the attitude of all those spies and double agents. Great going pal. You call yourself a fan of Indian Cricket and do not support the team. If you are going to support Your team then please remove "Fan of Indian" part out of it.

jackal786 said:
whoever said there will be dodgy umpiring has to take a closer look! lol There was a dodgy umpiring. It was in favor of SL. Jaya plumb not given.

c'mon mate.. not only players but umpires too will be under tremendous pressure. they will give decesions only if 100% sure. understand it, we can't blame them at all. it's a pressure cooker situation.

Another plumb turned down. Alim dar got it totally wrong. Hawk eye says middle stump!

jackal786 said:

Jayasuria not given.....well, this is how the stage is being set for dodgy umpiring in favour of India - so nobody can blame the umpire later with this example!!! :16: :16: :16:

who ever is looking after the camera work for that delivery which sanath got out must be a stupid idiot

I think Jaya was worked up by Zaheer in that over. Jaya looked angry after the bouncer from zaheer.

Tharanga edges but goes past the 2nd slip for 4
SL 44 -1 after 10 overs

Sky are deliberately NOT showing this game as their main game - to pi55 off Virgin Media customers. They've made it interactive and made the Irish game their main game!!!

Oxy said:
Sky are deliberately NOT showing this game as their main game - to pi55 off Virgin Media customers. They've made it interactive and made the Irish game their main game!!!
that is dumb as this is a bigger game. India can get knocked out and the other one is who will carry the points forward and will be a boring one. But if India wins then this also becomes who carries the points forward

Last edited:
Oxy said:

what does that mean for you guys? Is it like PPV or something?

60/2 after 15.

Sangakkara on now. He is a classy player and a classy person. Will he be able to help SL out of this Stop-Start beginning.

sangu has a cool head .. he really should be sri lankan captain .. i think he'll make a big one today

India has bowled very well thus far. Good thing for the Lankans is that Sanga/Tharanga are still there.

Just a question - is Atappatu injured or has he been dropped for good?

I see 260 being posted.
SL can still win it from here though, even though history suggests that when these two teams meet, the chaser wins.

Dravid is acting like an idiot here. You should bring back your strike bowler at the fall of a wicket. Chamara Silva will get in easily with the likes of Ganguly

Got Munaf back. I think this is one over too late. Should have brought him on immediately.

Why has Munaf Patel turned into a trundler? He barely clocks 80 MPH these days.

SL 111-3 after 27 overs
projected 206 at current RR of 4.13 and 250 @ 6

Back