India v Sri Lanka [ Match 20/Group B] - Updates

India have a real chance now, Dilhara Fernando seems like he has picked up a niggle.

kashmiri said:
i like this one from the indians

we aint that worse off

Champions in 92 to Go in 2007.

India:

Champions in 83 to Go in 2007.

9 years head in this regard ;)

Don't mind people, all jokes and fun!

kashmiri said:
i like this one from the indians

we aint that worse off

we were also '99 finalists and lost in the first round in '03
Infact SL were the '96 winners and lost in the first round in '99.

pakistan can use all the turmoil as a excuse but what the hell is india's excuse?

indiai s not out as yet.

bermuda is going to beat bangladesh and india is going to scrape through. i am sure, the odds are in favor of it (if it actually happens, the bookies are going to have a field day.)

if you look at it from a bookie perspective, they would want india in since without india in there aint going to be that much interest and that much "investment" in betting

I am seeing People taking bricks from Dhonis house and making a house for bhaji out of them

Seriuosly guyz i no it was a SHAME that we lost to ireland but then again LOOK AT INDIA they said they had the BEST SQUAD EVER & look at pakistan NO ASIF, NO AKTHAR, NO RAZZAQ, NO AFRIDI < in the first 2 matches) but what excuse will india have i wounder ???? :10:

The 2 teams that Whattamore has coached over the last 10 yrs are both going to go thru to the next round. We need to hire this guy next.

Well, as some one suggested ,BCCI can Pack Indian players along with Pak team to avoid financial crisis.

mooz said:
The 2 teams that Whattamore have coached over the last 10 yrs are both going to go thru to the next round. We need to hire this guy next.
I doubt any coach would want to come to Pakistan..as of now

Well India need a Bermuda miracle now! Munaf gone caught on the boundary. Sri Lanka win by 69 runs

no miracle require. astrologists have predicted India will be in semis and maybe finals

Dilshan to Patel, OUT, That's the end! All over! Munaf heaves this one to the leg side and Chaminda Vaas runs around on the ropes and takes the catch that ends the game! Sri Lanka have won by 69 runs. India are all but knocked out of the World Cup

No more miracles ,all that happened is good for the game.The way ''the famed batting'' line up has performed ,simply didn't deserve to be in the super 8 .There goes our master blaster's last ODI ,what a way to finish!!!

no miracle require. astrologists have predicted India will be in semis and maybe finals

yeah, but are they willing to bet their money on it, that is the question?

siddharth said:
No more miracles ,all that happened is good for the game.The way ''the famed batting'' line up has performed ,simply didn't deserve to be in the super 8 .There goes our master blaster's last ODI ,what a way to finish!!!

I hope and pray these over the hill fatasses have the decency to quit the game like Inzi did !

been really impressed with SL. They all seem to know their role and also playing as one unit

infamous9383 said:
we left on a slightly positive note.

i think their week has been just a little better than ours.

Sri Lankan champions of 96

99 world cup: first round exit.

Pakistan finalists of world cup 99

2003 world cup: first round exit.

India finalists of world cup 2003

2007 world cup: first round exit.

Playa said:
Sri Lankan champions of 96

99 world cup: first round exit.

Pakistan finalists of world cup 99

2003 world cup: first round exit.

India finalists of world cup 2003

2007 world cup: first round exit.

Interesting...

infamous9383 said:
I can imagine the scenes on the streets of India right now.

not too different from the scenes back home last weekend.

The look on Shivarama whaterver's face is hilarious, he talking so fast trying to get the ceremony over with

Congrats SL.
Bye Bye India. Better teams defeated you. It's disappointing, but that's sports. Good thing is cricket would be off from media for next couple of months atleast. Tired of seeing ads all over the places.

Regarding changes, I don't feel there would be many post world cup. Nucleus is still going to be same.

Super 8 with Bangladesh, Ireland .... duh ... won't be that fun to watch.

Time to move on to other important things in life than cricket.

Last edited:
I want to see Aus-SA-SL final ... first choice Aus-SL second Aus-SA and third SA-SL

usman917 said:
How much is this going to cost ICC?
not much. it will cost BCCI, TV companies and sponsors a little but they are all rich so who cares

siddharth said:
I am worried abt the Security of indian coach Greg chappel :20:

I'm worried him and all the Indian team, maybe they need to trick the media that they are landing somewhere else.

12thMan said:
not much. it will cost BCCI, TV companies and sponsors a little but they are all rich so who cares

ICC gets a huge chunk of the BCCIs revenue, so will affect them greatly.

infamous9383 said:
probably worse since they have more people

Not worse I guess. Defeat by Bangladesh absorbed much of the shock, and Pakistan exit too helped.

Azam6380 said:
Interesting...

Also(matches most important):

1999 must win match agianst Australia in the super six, choosing to bowl first and lost the game, and with that India's world cup hopes.
1987 world cup semi final exit: choosing to bowl first.
1996 world cup semi final loss: choosing to bowl first.
2003 world cup final loss: choosing to bowl first.
2007 world cup first round exit: choosing to bowl first.

Last edited:
Why are they still showing the ad "oh aah india .. aaya India" ? Isn't it too early for next world cup? :D

ThaSiccSense said:
ICC gets a huge chunk of the BCCIs revenue, so will affect them greatly.
I don't think so. The rights have been bought and sold. They are not in market day to day like buying tomato at farmer's market. ESPN, or whoever is showing it in India paid and were making money from excessinve ads. Now the broadcasters will charge a little less for ads and if they get fewer ads then good for the viewers. BCCI lost some because if India is out then their merchandising revenue will go down a bit along with Nike and whoever else who are sponsors of the team

;nio;rv98aw90846wq5w39ap3wboy3wpb30y950357a9037680540579w3-875[a978539275972-973979-*^R%£%W^%&^*(&*({&%%$^&^*&(^*)DNRS^G&%B*^HN*(^E(&*%$£"G^aw$%&&&&^j*a&k((((((((((((*%£w$q£wsehdctfcYRDfcfkmkcmtrtrdnrdtxdrntxxyrxn%y^r%y^x&i&t(x*c*&%redytetgdcmxxbnd

:12: :12: :12: :12: :12: :12: :12: :12: :12:

12thMan said:
I don't think so. The rights have been bought and sold. They are not in market day to day like buying tomato at farmer's market. ESPN, or whoever is showing it in India paid and were making money from excessinve ads. Now the broadcasters will charge a little less for ads and if they get fewer ads then good for the viewers. BCCI lost some because if India is out then their merchandising revenue will go down a bit along with Nike and whoever else who are sponsors of the team

Where do you think ICC gets its money from? its a fact that 80% of the ICCs revenue comes from the BCCI, of course they will lose money if the BCCI loses money.

lol...Hari Sombar. You look p.issed. Surely its disappointing. But our team is over-rated. One of the best batting line ups on paper and thats what it is...only on paper.

So long...fellas...

Until the next time
-tdigi

Hari calm down, im sure next time dhoni smashes a century youll be back.

btw ind/pak also got knocked out of the CT in first rounds, lost Serie to South Africa and beat West Indies at home.

Anybody is there to tell that Bangladesh Vs Bermuda match has been fixed???? :D :D :D

tdigi said:
lol...Hari Sombar. You look p.issed. Surely its disappointing. But our team is over-rated. One of the best batting line ups on paper and thats what it is...only on paper.

So long...fellas...

Until the next time
-tdigi

Dhoni walked in and walked out like he was on a fashion ramp :|

Hopefully Indian Media will ease up on Pak with all its conspiratorial crap, and focus its attention on the Indian homecoming party....

Hari Sombar said:
Dhoni walked in and walked out like he was on a fashion ramp :|

Dhoni:
Against Bangladesh - balls faced 1 - runs scored 0
Against Sri Lanka - balls faced 1 - runs scored 0

If the mobs attacked his house last weekend, what will they do now?

Slightly off topic but does anyone know which game will be shown on interactive tomorrow? Knowing Sky they'll probably show England v Kenya which no one cares about and put the big game on interactive. I hope I'm wrong though.

Uzzy said:
Slightly off topic but does anyone know which game will be shown on interactive tomorrow? Knowing Sky they'll probably show England v Kenya which no one cares about and put the big game on interactive. I hope I'm wrong though.

Your fears are right, England is the main game, SA/Aus on interactive.

ThaSiccSense said:
Your fears are right, England is the main game, SA/Aus on interactive.

Why am i not surprised.

A blockbuster of a match and its on interactive.

Back