India v Sri Lanka | Match 8 | CB Series | Brisbane | 18/2/08

india should win cause they already know the pitch

if india lose they will be in big trouble

Sehwag sits out again. Praveen Kumar (allrounder) gets his first game and Sreesanth sits out. Interesting change!

malikvslee said:
when this match start any idea

Match starts in 10 min. Sl has won the toss and decided to bat.

Indiafan said:
Match starts in 10 min. Sl has won the toss and decided to bat.
it may be a good toss to lose. if our bowlers can get teh same results liek last time. :13:

What a rubbish team selection. If any new player had to be tried it should have been Piyush Chawla

Crusader said:
May I know why is Sehwag dropped today?? :pissed:

Praveen who??

I am sure he was not dropped (considering India's batting flop last match, no way he could be). Has to be injured. Praveen is an allrounder I suppose?

Crusader said:
What a rubbish team selection. If any new player had to be tried it should have been Piyush Chawla

Wicket does not take spin. Unless you were suggesting dropping Harbahajan.

Crusader said:

Pravin kumar''s supposed to be a useful allrounder..sort of a right handed irfan... lets see if he clicks..or is it just another in the long line of indian "youngster duds" we've witnessed

Indiafan said:
I am sure he was not dropped (considering India's batting flop last match, no way he could be). Has to be injured. Praveen is an allrounder I suppose?

Cricinfo mentioned sehwag is fine. He is dropped dude.

lanka should have bowled first and put the pressure on the struggling indian batting.

Crusader said:
Cricinfo mentioned sehwag is fine. He is dropped dude.

why on earth :20: His batting was good for a quick 20-30 runs which would provide the momentum in low scoring games.

kashif77 said:
lanka should have bowled first and put the pressure on the struggling indian batting.

Wait and watch us struggle while chasing. IMO setting a target would have reduced the pressure on them, Wicket looks to be slower than the last match

"Now the India team high-five the flag as has become customary of late."

How do u high-five a flag?

kashif77 said:

7-2 after 5 overs

both ricky and jayawardana don't want to listen to me..

:21: :21: :21:

ishant bowling consistantly on 140s ... munaf too bowling close to 140k.. good to see indian bowlers bowling like that.. days are gone when both opening bowlers bowling around 120k+ relying on swing. honestly i used to watch only when india bat and i wud switch off the tv or do something else while they bowl. now i enjoy watching their bowling.

kashif77 said:
7-2 after 5 overs

both ricky and jayawardana don't want to listen to me..

:21: :21: :21:

why the hell do they have to listen to you? i dont get it man. like someone said, are you alian studying human or what?:)

phoenix-suns said:
ishant bowling consistantly on 140s ... munaf too bowling close to 140k.. good to see indian bowlers bowling like that.. days are gone when both opening bowlers bowling around 120k+ relying on swing. honestly i used to watch only when india bat and i wud switch off the tv or do something else while they bowl. now i enjoy watching their bowling.

so true man..being a fast bowler, i m fan of pace and only pace... i used to hate india's bowling but all of a sudden now i actually prefer watching India bowl than bat... specially India's bowling in first 15 overs is just terrific

Cricinfo has this :

:)) I Sharma to Sangakkara, no run, banged in at 187.7kph this time, defended on the back foot now

New record ot what :)))

Indiafan said:
Cricinfo has this :

:)) I Sharma to Sangakkara, no run, banged in at 187.7kph this time, defended on the back foot now

our pakistani friends have seperate thread for that.. where people put all the cricinfo's screw up/fk ups... but honestly i dont find any other website close to cricinfo's quality and quantity.

Indiafan said:
Cricinfo has this :

hehe, i’m surprised the batsman actually saw that delivery

rahulrulezz said:
so true man..being a fast bowler, i m fan of pace and only pace... i used to hate india's bowling but all of a sudden now i actually prefer watching India bowl than bat... specially India's bowling in first 15 overs is just terrific

20/2 in 10 overs... our past great fast bowlers produced this kind of bowling performance against zim or kenya.. never seen against decent battling lineup like srilanka's on a good batting wicket.

phoenix-suns said:
our pakistani friends have seperate thread for that.. where people put all the cricinfo's screw up/fk ups... but honestly i dont find any other website close to cricinfo's quality and quantity.
Yes thats true...cricinfo is good and covers a lot of matches.

There is another one on similar lines which is also having decent commentary.
http://www.cricbuzz.com/live-cricket-scores-and-commentary-2.html

Indiafan said:
Cricinfo has this :

Sharma will soon break 200 KMPH mark :D

pathan releasing the pressue... dont screw up the great effort of the opening bowlers pathan.. tighten ur line and length..

picking praveen kumar ahead of sreesanth is a decent move.. its something i thot about when they had 3 bowlers and one allrounder and packed the team with 7 frontline batsment and one allrounder..

I thot this will give nice balance to the team.. now we have 6 batsmen and 2 allrounders.. and three frontline bowlers.. I would like either irfan or praveen batting at 3 or 4

phoenix-suns said:
picking praveen kumar ahead of sreesanth is a decent move.. its something i thot about when they had 3 bowlers and one allrounder and packed the team with 7 frontline batsment and one allrounder..

I thot this will give nice balance to the team.. now we have 6 batsmen and 2 allrounders.. and three frontline bowlers.. I would like either irfan or praveen batting at 3 or 4
I think we erred by sending Irfan at 3 instead of Uthappa for two reasons

1. It would have given Uthappa batting practice and time at the crease
2. It would have kept the left right combination going

and with Irfan coming down the order, it would have given the batting depth.

Anyways, water under the bridge and a lesson learnt. Hopefully!

phoenix-suns said:
why the hell do they have to listen to you? i dont get it man. like someone said, are you alian studying human or what?:)

First of all learn English ..

Secondly it's a friggin joke ..

You whiners really need to get of my case - k thnx.

on the Star Cricket channel, there was some conversation picked up when Praveen Kumar was bowling to Sangakarra, something along the lines of saamph hai, khol de tera pitara!!!

Crusader said:
why not ?
Current batting slump plus the wkt might get slower later on, and if that happens Lankan bowlers can put a lot of pressure...

kashif77 said:
First of all learn English ..

Secondly it's a friggin joke ..

You whiners really need to get of my case - k thnx.

LOL. guess i touched your nerves kashif..

i like it... :) trust me kid, if you keep writing childish comments like you have been, you will cry like this every day.

lankans started scoring freely.. not good for india. looks like they will score around 230.. which is not easy under light.

PlanetPakistan said:
another life?? he is still on life # 1

Repeat something for long enough and it becomes truth! :p

Bhajji is leaking runs. Got to plug them. Bhajjihas been disapointing for some while now I feel. Don’t really think he deserves to be in the playing 11 now - would love to see P Chawla instead. How does he field - anyone in the know.

110/2 after 30 overs. Srilanka has recovered well. They should be adding at least 110-120 runs from here?

Should be closing at around 230 - anything more than will be a bonus.

Last 20 overs...if sril lanka score 140 they will reach 250...tough task though

these two are probably the best batting pair in the world at the moment.

Brilliant partnership from Sri Lanka's main men. I still feel they'll need a good contribution from the rest to put up a good total though.

sanga succeeds in achieving what the indian bowlers can't - for the second time now !

kashif had told jayawardane not to come out of the crease when sanga is batting. but unfortunately jayawardane did not listen to kashif. thats why he got out like that.

phoenix-suns said:
kashif had told jayawardane not to come out of the crease when sanga is batting. but unfortunately jayawardane did not listen to kashif. thats why he got out like that.
:))) :))) post of week

Back