India v West Indies | 1st Test | Delhi | 6-10 Nov 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the pitch a knobbler then? Anything can happen if it is!

Last edited:
WI - 21/2 , Lead by 116 runs..
We can chase 300 in this pitch. :sachin

India still have a sniff. 116 runs down, WI with 8 wickets left to increase the lead. Definitely going to be a result in this one.

Seems like India are still in collapse mode. Guess they are so shocked after England tour that even Darren sammy's dibbly-dobbly's seem like thunderbolts from Broad and Anderson:wasim

Unlikely that India will win. I expect WI to score around 250 and give India a target of 350. Would be very difficult on this pitch specially with the form the batsmen have.

The maroon cap is close to my heart. Hope the boys can win this one, adding another 150 odd runs tomorrow to lead by 270 odd.

That'll take some getting.

Windies 116-2 practically...india defo not out of this one.
Wont be surprised in Windies are bowled out for 150 (lead) tomorrow, with india chasing it down.

Windies need minimum 250odd run lead

WI - 21/2 , Lead by 116 runs..
We can chase 300 in this pitch. :sachin

Really?

The ball is keeping low, dying. This pitch is taking good turn, anything over 250 is going to be tough to chase.

Hope Tiger and Bravo can get some big runs.

I have thought this from the moment I saw him, but young Bishoo is a fine bowler. He will mature and master his craft and win WI many games in the future. Those who saw him in WI v Pak and India will know he has all the tools and a big heart.

Bishoo may spin the boys to a win here, it would be a huge win.

Wow. Lol. Haha. just saw the highlights, terrible batting. Pitch wasn't THAT bad.

nothing cheers me up like an Indian batting collapse :)))

WI , i hope you put at least 300 runs on the board to chase . Take your time and build partnerships and unleash the beasts in you when bowling . :akhtar

nothing cheers me up like an Indian batting collapse :)))

WI , i hope you put at least 300 runs on the board to chase . Take your time and build partnerships and unleash the beasts in you when bowling . :akhtar

Looney.. whats the reason for your sudden anti indian stance ??
WI - west indies :D

I hope Darren Sammy pick up a 5fer in the 2nd innings. An Windies victory and I can celebrate Eid in Style.

But highly unlikely, India will bounce back for sure.

I hope Darren Sammy pick up a 5fer in the 2nd innings. An Windies victory and I can celebrate Eid in Style.

But highly unlikely, India will bounce back for sure.

You never know. Sammy has been pretty effective on these up-and-down two-paced wickets in the past, e.g. Old Trafford and more recently, Providence.

WI batting has a tendency to collapse at will, however, especially against decent spinners. India still has a good shot at winning this Test. I'm sure there will be a result. It's been a fine game thus far. :viv

Windies 116-2 practically...india defo not out of this one.
Wont be surprised in Windies are bowled out for 150 (lead) tomorrow, with india chasing it down.

Windies need minimum 250odd run lead
I think anything above 200 will be difficult to chase.

Chanderpaul the key today! If he scores a WI win becomes more likely!

A four or a six by the opposition is met with far less appreciation for the skill shown here than it is at an English or Aussie ground it seems.

Welcome to test cricket Yadav, his first wicket. Bowled Kirk, one of the dangerous batsman. :D

West Indies lead by 148 runs with 6 wickets remaining

Windies need minimum 350 to have a chance of victory.

Anything beyond 200 is hard to chase down, 350 is winner lead for WI.

Ashwin looking dangerous,

Windies need 300 here and the game is their but right now they struggling to get to 200 :(

A Chanderpaul special is needed but an interesting stat is that whenever he has scored a 100, Windies have lost against India :(

Will be interesting to see how Bishoo does.

Got a feeling Windies could defend 200 with their attack.

What an exciting match :D

Hi guys!! I'm a new guy here. BTW it looks like India need a turner(from day 1) to win even against WI, their pacers doing absolutely nothing.

Hi guys!! I'm a new guy here. BTW it looks like India need a turner(from day 1) to win even against WI, their pacers doing absolutely nothing.

Welcome mate, PP is too addictive, nearly 6am here in the UK and am still on PP :p

Sammy needs a score here. He hasn't performed well as a test batsman throughout, yet he supposedly plays in the all rounders role

Good counterrattack with Chanders. Only time though till he or Sammy gets out and its over. On the bright side, over 200 run lead, a defendable, barely, total.

Chanderpaul is playing really really well... I hope he carries on

He has batted brilliantly with the tail in the past. Hopefully he is returning to the form he was in during 2007-2008 season.

I wonder if anyone remembers his match saving century vs Australia in Barbados I think? He made most of the runs batting with the tail

Sehwag said, "we are confident even if we have to chase 300+." india teams spirit is back!

poor batting from WI , they had a great chance to win and boost their confidence . lets hope guys they are able to post a 250 + score at the very least .

Chanders gone...lets see if India can get a quick succession of wickets here. :13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back