India vs England | 1st Test | Ahmedabad | 18/11/12 | Day 5

Khabri420

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Last day of this gripping test where England had come back well after being forced to follow on.

Can England bat it out to secure a draw or will India bundle them out early in the day and chase down the deficit to win this 1st test?

Last edited:
Finally final day of first test is here..its stretched bit more than i expected..

May be our bowlers arw little bit tired

One or 2 hours in this morbing is enough i guess

Last edited:
I am siding on India winng this ..but wont be suprised at all if Draw is a result...Indian loss would make an amazing test match and very suprising...but I would not like it :D

I am siding on India winng this ..but wont be suprised at all if Draw is a result...Indian loss would make an amazing test match and very suprising...but I would not like it :D

No surprises...everything will go according to plan

Realistically India should win before Tea.

If England escape with a draw it will be one of the all time great escapes, against a pretty good attack, in their home conditions who have been bowling well.

Realistically India should win before Tea.

If England escape with a draw it will be one of the all time great escapes, against a pretty good attack, in their home conditions who have been bowling well.

If England can bat first session without losing wicket then I think draw becomes lot more likely.

India to win in the 2nd session methinks
England will most likely lose an early wicket and fold.
I hope Im wrong though

Indian win likely ATM... Cook,Prior and tail will have to play the same way for 1 more day!! Tough but not impossible

Looking forward to this cracking day! :)

England must score about 175 (at least) to be safe. Cook, Prior, Broad, and Bresnan will be the key.

Tense!

The batsmen need some time to get back in, perfect time to pick them off.

2005 Mohali test Pak were 53 ahead with 6 down going into last day. Kami and Razzaq saved the game with ease. So it can be done but I expect Ind to wrap this up by tea.

No surprises...everything will go according to plan

Bro, do any of your predictions ever come true? I remember you predicted that India will easily win the T20 WC and you also forecasted that this match will be over in 3 days :)) :))

This is the first time I have heard Laxman Siva rama krishnan give some good analysis...pretty good point abt follow through

You can tell Collingwood doesn't find Harsha Bhogle amusing at all as a co-commentator

You can tell Collingwood doesn't find Harsha Bhogle amusing at all as a co-commentator

Pretty ironic because Collingwood himself is one of the dullest commentator I have witnessed in a long time.

^
But Harsha is a nerd who could not survive in gully cricket whereas Collingwood was a good cricketer

^
But Harsha is a nerd who could not survive in gully cricket whereas Collingwood was a good cricketer

And how is that relevant? They are two categories of commentary: play by play and expert.
You don't need to be an ex cricketer or good at it if you are the former. You need to be a fluent speaker, have a good vocabulary and be entertaining something Harsha does very well.

And how is that relevant? They are two categories of commentary: play by play and expert.
You don't need to be an ex cricketer or good at it if you are the former. You need to be a fluent speaker, have a good vocabulary and be entertaining something Harsha does very well.

But Harsha is not entertaining. He speaks too much, and then tries to make dumb jokes about commentator curses and irrelevant analysis.

Harsha is entertaining??? Thats a first
And the thing is he tries too hard to come accross as someone who understand the detailed intricacies of the game and so talks as if he was a legend of the game in his days.
i think he gets overwhelmed in the presence of non indian legends. that too considering he;s been commentating for 15 yrs or so now

Really Harsha, stop baiting Collingwood into the commentator's curse.

Harsha is entertaining??? Thats a first
And the thing is he tries too hard to come accross as someone who understand the detailed intricacies of the game and so talks as if he was a legend of the game in his days.
i think he gets overwhelmed in the presence of non indian legends. that too considering he;s been commentating for 15 yrs or so now

First of all, a person who has been commentating and working with cricket for over 15 years now has much more knowledge than us combined so we need to respect that. Besides, I find him entertaining and he is amongst my favorites alongside Mark Nicholas, Ganguly and Dravid. But that is purely subjective and a matter of person choice.
Talking about trying too hard to be funny and end up being corny and annoying, no one beats Danny Morrison.

Bresnan should have stayed. Single to end up facing Ojha? Please no.

This is fascinating. I haven't given up yet.

ads your avatar is amazing !

This is fascinating. I haven't given up yet.

ads your avatar is amazing !
thanks.

A fellow fan I presume :D.

Got a lecture for uni at nine, but want to stay up and catch a bit just to see if England can muster up something. Haven't given up hope either.

Wahwahwahhhhhhhh noooooooooo

Ah well. Great effort really. I am now closer to pride than shame.

Could be some entertaining viewing now with Swann batting. :)

Masterclass from Cook comes to an end. Ojha's reaction says it all.

Fantastic innings from Cook. Got caught in no man lands here but he played really really well.

Amazing innings from cook. Captain gives way to vice captain now.

Let's get another hundred and at least make them sweat :p

I thought the ball kept low but Ramiz raja was saying master stroke.

Back