India vs England | 1st Test | Ahmedabad | 18/11/12 | Day 5

Nothing really has changed for England .. Prior and Cook have scored pretty much all the runs and in the UAE they were the only ones who looked at least half accomplished v spin

Ball to Cook kept ultra low.

If we can get 150 up we have a chance.

Broad's batting is a joke these days. Swann should start coming above him again.

Preferably Broad would be dropped altogether of course...

I thought Yadav's ball was hitting middle to leg.

He is bowling with fire.

Incredible bowling by Yadav...hard to believe it's an Indian bowling.

Keeping very very low. Shame we didn't have more runs to play with today.

India have been excellent this morning, much more focused than yesterday. They are doing the required work.

@Ruri - Even in the 1st Inning Yadhav looked more threatening than all the pacers from England.

Imo, Major difference between him and the english bowlers was the pace and the length (mostly fuller at stumps).

Yadav is the seamer of the match by far.

As for Zaheer he hasn't looked much better than the English seamers tbh.

Given the situation , Cook's innings is one of the best I have seen in long time. England might not be able to save the game here but it does not take anything away for this great inning. If last two wickets can somehow add another 80-100 runs then it will be interesting. I guess that is too much to ask from them specially when England had just 2 partnership in whole test match.

Last edited:
Dhoni shouting at Yadav to hide his incompetent keeping. Has given plenty of byes. He was also arguing with the Dar the day before yesterday. Time to chuck the arrogant fool out of the team. Useless with the bat, couldn't score even on a flat track. Get Saha in.

Lol at Zaheer's appeal there, desperate to say the least

Lol at people blaming Dhoni ... even the best keepers in the world would struggle on this wicket

Looking at all the poor shots played by the earlier batsmen.

Seriously, come on, if you lot had combined for an additional 100 runs over the course of 2 innings this game would have been a draw. Pathetic.

Time to get Ashwin cheap wickets and make him seem better than he actually is?

Not all bad, Ruri. Compton looks to have some balls, and Bairstow will be replacing Bell.

lol Beefy and Bumble having a pop at the host broadcaster.

Not all bad, Ruri. Compton looks to have some balls, and Bairstow will be replacing Bell.

I know it'll be hard on Samit but I would like to see a team like this for the next test.

Cook, Compton, Trott, Kp, Morgan, Bairstow, Prior, Swann, Finn, Andersen, Panesar.

A left hander like Morgan is needed in the middle order to play Ojha. Our right handers did well against Ashwin.

I know it's been missed in the hubbub, but Bresnan has batted well.

Looked embarrassingly untroubled in comparison to our batsmen. :facepalm:

If we can snatch one more wicket before lunch, then we can extend the morning session by 30 minutes. So all we need is one wicket now.

I know it'll be hard on Samit but I would like to see a team like this for the next test.

Cook, Compton, Trott, Kp, Morgan, Bairstow, Prior, Swann, Finn, Andersen, Panesar.

A left hander like Morgan is needed in the middle order to play Ojha. Our right handers did well against Ashwin.

I'd love that actually.

Especially since Broad is off the boil, and Bresnan while a solid battler, doesn't do much bowling wise.

Good team. I will swap Morgan and Bairstow and say I agree.

Swanny threw it, should have blocked that after picking up a four already.

Poor cricket from Swann, India were going nowhere fast there. Ashwin's lack of celebration says it all.

At least this bodes well for the next match. A tinge of momentum, and perhaps we'll get to bat first and get our weaker batsmen going.

11 minutes to lunch

If a wicket goes now then lunch will be taken immediately

Are you sure about that? Especially since you have to bat again?

I don't think time gets extended in this kind of situation because game is not going to be over in 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Swanny gone as well. It really frustrating to see all four wickets falling for poor shots.

Oh yeah Ashwin you got Don Bradman for a golden wicket.

I don't think time get extended in this kind of situation because game is not going to be over in 30 minutes.

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking.

The 30 min rule is often used only on days 4 and 3 to avoid wasting another day of cricket if the result can be had.

Ashwin 1-111 in the frickin second innings in India :))

Indian fans reckon he is better than Swann, as good as Ajmal etc LOL.

And that's that. All in all, not too bad.

KP, Trott and Bell still need to be shot

On a fifth day wicket, on a super pressured situation? Yadav has been okay.

Well one, he's bowled better than all 3 of your medium pacers combined. Two, when was the last time you saw an Indian bowl fast on a dead wicket? That's right.

Can u name me which Indian fan (I mean herein PP) says he is better than swann or equal to Ajmal? (If there are any I would say they are out of their mind)

Expecting spinner's dream of a wicket in Mumbai and Kolkata(not like the Ahmedabad's unresponsive slow flat type).

Last edited:
All the hard work undone just like that. :facepalm:
Well on the brightside at least they didn't loose by an innings. That's a bit of a consolation I guess.

Can u name me which Indian fan (I mean herein PP) says he is better than swann or equal to Ajmal? (If there are any I would say they are out of their mind, i would say)

Expecting spinner's dream of a wicket in Mumbai and Kolkata(not like the Ahmedabad's unresponsive slow flat type).

LOL look through the Ajmal/Swann/match threads, there's plenty.

Those English fans who are clamoring for the inclusion of Eoin Morgan, he will be a sitting duck against any off spinner in pitches of Mumbai and Kolkata(with his love for unconventional reverse sweeps) .

lol what clamouring, it's just a suggestion.
Our middle order is doing badly enough to give us the right to suggest alternatives.

India should win this by 10 wickets, Gambhir wont be opening so Pujara or Kohli likley to open

Well one, he's bowled better than all 3 of your medium pacers combined. Two, when was the last time you saw an Indian bowl fast on a dead wicket? That's right.

He's also picked up two wickets that were surely not wickets (both Fatel's).

Can't really think of him as good. Bell's wicket and Broad's doesn't impress me.

England medium pacers were terrible. I'm advocating dropping Broad and Bresnan.

Ojha was the real hero. He did all the work this game.

They even think his carrom ball is as good as Ajmal's doosra. That's the biggest joke.

9 wickets for Ojha dismissed KP and Prior in both innings. Top work.

Well at least England are doing better than what India did in England, iirc India didn't even get any of the matches into the fifth day

Back