India vs West Indies | 3rd Test | Mumbai | 22-26 Nov 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was spot fixed, Ashwin has no excuse for not going for the run :facepalm:

Aussies must be thinking maybe India isn't as good as everyone says. That's gonna be one hell of a series.

Cut him some slack, he saved us and got us so close.

Kudos to the teams effort to try, any other team would've shut shop. :misbah

India served it to Windies!

Windies are jumping in joy as if they have won the world cup or something! Hahaha

The fielding from Windies, especially Samuals, was more than dodgy. Very weird stuff.

This match did not deserve a DRAW :(

I wouldn't mind India losing.

Lol at how the mighty have fallen, Windies shouldn't be celebrating a series loss and a last Test draw. Shocking from them.

Impressed by captaincy from Sammy. Got everything spot on while fielding. great thinker.

Kohli couldn't win his team this match!

Just like Umer Akmal couldn't in the second one dayer against lankans!

But both played good before getting out!

Yeah well, I'm pretty sure many have been disgusted with Kohli sometime in his short career.

Don't blame Ashwin, he shouldn't be the one getting you over the line, when the likes of Sachin, Dravid, Laxman and Dhoni couldn't.

it's a draw and not a tie because india's innings haven't been completed. It could only have been a tie if their innings had come to an end with scores level.

That stupid wimp is just a nutty, he should have scored a boundary in the last over instead gave Varun the strike likewise incase of Ishant !

Only the 2nd time in test history that a test has been drawn with scores level. The first time it happened was in Bulawayo 1996 between England and Zimbabwe. That's where the famous quote - 'We flippin' murdered them.' comes from by the then England coach David Bumble Lloyd - after that series ended in a 0-0 draw.

first of all it was stupid for ashwin not to run the second run -- even with NO run it was a draw and India was not losing any way

secondly why did he block the second last ball? (Said he went for the safer option -- (phatu)to be precise)

What??? I was awake and saw India required 9 runs with 3 wickets in hand, would surely have tuned in if I knew there were a few overs left... >___<

Now you know how it feels to choke in the last over... lol :misbah

Don't blame Ashwin, he shouldn't be the one getting you over the line, when the likes of Sachin, Dravid, Laxman and Dhoni couldn't.

Unfortunately there are larger no. of fans who don't understand it. Dhoni after his failure in first innings needed to step up this time but he failed again.

my initial thoughts.........fixed!!!

Hope you're being sarcastic or a big :facepalm:

What??? I was awake and saw India required 9 runs with 3 wickets in hand, would surely have tuned in if I knew there were a few overs left... >___<

Now you know how it feels to choke in the last over... lol :misbah

what choke we won the series 2-0

They didn't choke. It was the right decision by Ashwin to block the second last delivery, so that at least there would be no chances of a loss.

It was Aaron who messed up the first 3. But then you can't blame tailenders.

It was close and the Windies bowled at the right places. They could have Sri Lankaned it :4overthrows, but they bowled well.

Unfortunately there are larger no. of fans who don't understand it. Dhoni after his failure in first innings needed to step up this time but he failed again.

Hope you're being sarcastic or a big :facepalm:
Hate to say this but that Dhoni Brigade flopped big time, MSD playing a stupid shot then Kohli & well Ashwin was a retard in the end ! Don't know why but the captain definitely doesn't give me the vibe that he'll take it upon himself to bail us out. ODI are totallly different but I'll maintain SCG & Kapil were much better captains than him but this guy has had the luck of getting a readymade team from Saurav/Rahul ! His shutting the shop attitude in WI last test series was a prime example.

Last edited:
i think icc shld look into this match the way in last over fielder did a kamran akmal and aswin going for block then running like he only wanted one run, and the way bowlers keep bowling short in last few overs instead of full and straight, fielders keep making mistakes,
isnt that aamir sohail who had already hinted boared fixings etc???

Hate to say this but that Dhoni Brigade flopped big time, MSD playing a stupid shot then Kohli & well Ashwin was a retard in the end ! Don't know why but the captain definitely doesn't give me the vibe that he'll take it upon himself to bail us out. ODI are totallly different but I'll maintain SCG & Kapil were much better captains than him but this guy has had the luck of getting a readymade team from Saurav/Rahul ! His shutting the shop attitude in WI last test series was a prime example.

What exactly is the Dhoni brigade? Are Gambhir, Sehwag, etc. a part of it?

i think icc shld look into this match the way in last over fielder did a kamran akmal and aswin going for block then running like he only wanted one run, and the way bowlers keep bowling short in last few overs instead of full and straight, fielders keep making mistakes,

You don't understand cricket. Period.

You don't understand cricket. Period.
I understand it more than you'll ever do in your lifetime, CSK rings a bell to you ? Ever since he's been at the helm those from Srinivas/Srikanth camp had more opportunities than they deserve & anyone believing otherwise is deluded !

:))) great post

Last edited:
I understand it more than you'll ever do in your lifetime, CSK rings a bell to you ? Ever since he's been at the helm those from Srinivas/Srikanth camp had more opportunities than they deserve & anyone believing otherwise is deluded !

:)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back