India vs West Indies | 3rd Test | Mumbai | 22-26 Nov 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, no bro its not other id of rohit, but tell me why i dont understand cricket, while i beleive that before the spot fixing scandal i didnt understood cricket but now i start understanding it a bit, atleast i start believing now that spot fixing/match fixing do happend in cricket??

Yaar such things happen in cricket. The throw had to be direct for Ashwin to get out but how often do we see direct throws 3/10 time? 4/10 times? and it gets even more tough during crunch situations when pressure overpowers you. Same with the regular fielding. E.g. last match Sri Lanka 0 4 over throws during crunch situation. So, happens.
And MMHS has written a wonderful explaination for that 5th delivery. Ashwin said the same in the post match presentation -

Brilliant mind. He knew if he can survive the 5th ball, India 'll not loose this Test, he knew, if the throw from long-on was at non-striker's end, absolutely no chance of 2. He survived the 5th ball & even in the last second hold his ground at non-striker, instigating the throw to keeper's end & if some how, there had been any fumble, India wins. & he is playing his 3rd Test.

Ashwin is no mug with the bat and could have hit one or two of those full deliveries for four over the cover etc, that would have sufficed. Same with Ishant. WI had a plan, that of bouncing out the tailenders and the field was set for that. That's why they bowled short. And it worked! India could have got those runs had they did something different. :)

Apologies for that remark I made earlier. Heat of the situation got to me. :) :p

Last edited:
@ashwinravi99: Can anyone tell what differently cud have been done??instead of saying cud have run the 2...moment I completed 1 the throw was over my head.

^ What an idiotic reply from Ashwin. The keeper could have missed the throw as well, EVERYTHING HAPPENS IN CRICKET !

FC - Why you're after Ashwin? He tried his best & contributed most to the game.

ashwin got 22 wkts in his debut series. scored a hundred in his 3rd test while harbhajan took 80+.

and he is getting flak for saving a game(which he should have won yet..) which india could have lost. but he has done too much good and doesnt deserve the vitriol which is being spewed out. what is done is done. no point in crying over it.

FC - Why you're after Ashwin? He tried his best & contributed most to the game.

ashwin got 22 wkts in his debut series. scored a hundred in his 3rd test while harbhajan took 80+.

and he is getting flak for saving a game(which he should have won yet..) which india could have lost. but he has done too much good and doesnt deserve the vitriol which is being spewed out. what is done is done. no point in crying over it.

Relax, those people aren't gonna burn down his house for that :))
Normal fanatics , they still love him.

Khoota khoon wich paa ditta. That is why ppl are after him. He contributed a lot in whole game but was not smart enough to understand the importance of last one score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back