'India would have won three World Cups if I played in the team led by Virat Kohli': S Sreesanth

Hitman

Test Debutant
Runs
Despite being a prolific run-scorer in all formats of the game, former Indian captain Virat Kohli could not win a World Cup title. Former Indian speedster S Sreesanth, who recently announced his retirement from international cricket, has said that the Indian team would have won the World Cup thrice had he been a part of the team led by Kohli.

Sreesanth bagged the memorable catch of former Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq as MS Dhoni-led India defeated Pakistan in the men's final to lift the inaugural ICC World Twenty20 in 2007.

Talking about India not being able to win another World Cup after 2011, Sreesanth said the team would have won three World Cups if he played under Kohli's captaincy.

“If I would have been a part of the team under Virat’s captaincy, India would have won the World Cup in 2015, 2019 & 2021," the former fast bowler said.

Sreesanth also went on to highlight how practicing bowling yorkers made him master it as a speedster.

“It is important to visualize while playing and small regions do not make any difference. Rather it is better to learn such tricks here, given there are a few distractions. My coach taught me how to throw Yorkers with tennis balls. If you ask Bumrah, he’ll say that it is easy too,” Sreesanth added.

Sreesanth was also a part of the Indian team that won the World Cup trophy at home in 2011.

He recalled standing with Sachin Tendulkar carrying the World Cup and how the Master Blaster became emotional about these victories and his dreams of seeing India winning. “We won that World Cup for Sachin Tendulkar,” he said.

Announcing his retirement in March this year, Sreesanth said, “It has been an honor to represent my family, my teammates, and the people of India. Nd everyone who loves the game. With much sadness but without regret, I say this with a heavy heart: I am retiring from the Indian domestic (first class and all formats) cricket."

He represented India in 27 Tests and 53 ODIs where he took 87 and 75 wickets respectively. He also has seven wickets from 10 T20 Internationals to his name.

Link: https://www.timesnownews.com/sports...kohlis-captaincy-s-sreesanth-article-92973038

P.S. :))) :))) This guy is the Ahmed Shehzad of India.

Yeah Sree. The team should have carried you as its lucky mascot.

The best part is I'm sure this guy probably really believes this theory that his presence as a non-contributing member would've helped. I remember him being extremely superstitious and prone to rituals.

Back