Indian bowling line-up - How bad is it?

Bhaijaan

Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week
Couldn't defend 290 against Bangladesh.
The likes of Mushfiqur and Shakib were hitting our frontline bowlers out of the park at will.
The bowling line-up cannot contain batsmen, cannot take a wicket ***.

But blame who? A veteran batting legend in his 23rd year in Cricket dealing with the inhumane media and public pressure for a whole year, everyone wanting nothing less than a hundred as if a hundred is a joke.

What if Pakistan defended 240 against the same team in this very competition? They have a dream bowling line-up. Bowlers like The great Umar Gul, The Great Saeed Ajmal, The Great Aizaz Cheema, The Great Shahid Afridi and The Great Mohd Hafeez come once in a life-time so no comparison there. 290 is just not enough against Bangladesh's star studded batting line-up.

There is no excuse for India scoring less than 300. If we score less than 300, we don't have any right to blame our bowlers? We have got to give them a 350 run cushion every time.

Lord save the Trundlindians -_-
Jai Trundlindia !

This thread is now Trundling world wide ( @ mighty 5 kbps ) :D

Last edited:
IF Bangla can chase 290 then India will need ~320 on Average against Australia/England/SAfrica

Exact Polar Opposites to Pakistan
We can Defend 200+ Runs
We cant chase 200+ Runs -.-

India
They can Score 300 Runs
They cant defend 300 Runs -.-

pakistan bowling is not as good as you have made out to be. Gul is a decent bowler at best. Cheema is nothing to be honest....Yes spinners are good but it would be a tough battle against indian batsman.

I just dont understand why yadav or zaheer wasnt included in the team. It would have been ok to rest one but definitely not both.

pakistan bowling is not as good as you have made out to be. Gul is a decent bowler at best. Cheema is nothing to be honest....Yes spinners are good but it would be a tough battle against indian batsman.

I just dont understand why yadav or zaheer wasnt included in the team. It would have been ok to rest one but definitely not both.

Bhai Sarcastically likha hai, bhawnao ko smjho.

You gotta check our mighty boom boom dravid fans here on PP, saying this was a 350 run pitch. Hence please don't blame our trunds.

But but. wait for it..

its ok. no harm done. Teenda got his much awaited 100 so all is good in the world. REJOICE!

IF Bangla can chase 290 then India will need ~320 on Average against Australia/England/SAfrica

Exact Polar Opposites to Pakistan
We can Defend 200+ Runs
We cant chase 200+ Runs -.-

India
They can Score 300 Runs
They cant defend 300 Runs
-.-

Thats how its always been.

Can we be one country again and absolutely destroy everyone else? :D

someone who took 4 wickets against Sri Lanka is nothing :facepalm:

We should have a bomb kept in our bowlers shoe like speed movie.
If they bowl slower than 145kmph , then bomb will explode. :D

I can see vinay kumar bowling fast for his life. :))

Tbh India shudve selected Yadav, he may have gone for runs but he is a wicket taking bowler. Selectors need to keep faith in him.

As far as Pakistan being called a great bowling attack, rather than that I would say they stick to an effective plan. The bowlers aren't really exceptional (except Ajmal) but they stick to a particular game plan which works out on some days, if it doesn't workout Pakistan struggle to find a plan B and that is where we were exposed against England and unless our batting and pace bowling doesn't improve we will struggle to remain consistent.

Pakistanis deliberately mocking SRT for fun is ok. One udnerstands the pun intended but some of my own countrymen joining the cult is a shame.

Listen, we are never gonna have a decent bowling line-up if you;re gonna be ignoring their tame performances like that. We should be launching a bloody MC/BC campaign against our bowlers and here we have some of you debating on a 39 year old vetreran's hundred.

For real guys? Please :facepalm:
SRT is not Lebron James, aint throwing chalk in the air like crazy, aint tweeting like a teenage attention seeker, aint desrespecting fans then why the undeserved hate? Inhumane

Last edited:

Now we're talking !

shining.gif

Last edited:
Australia's even defending 204 right now.

West Indies 103/8
http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-australia-2012/engine/current/match/540168.html

Wohh wohh wohh wohh wohh wohh wohhhhhhhhhhhh...
Is this match being played in our 21st century or in another time? May be they went back to the 60s :13:

How come Bangladesh chase down 290 against India with ease and WI with famed strikers like Pollard, Bravos, Andre Russel struggling to even score 150.
I thought 290 had become an easy target?????

My dear patriotic Dravid fans, what say you?

Last edited:
I visited the parosi forums, and perhaps for the first time I felt sorry for SRT.
He is getting alot of stick for his innings. Selfish it was, but a SR of 77 isn't that bad even against BD on a flat track.

Main culprits were the Indian bowlers. Bowling low full tosses at such low pace, no wonder Mushfiq treated them with such disdain. Irfan's one over changed the course of the match. The blame for this defeat goes to the bowlers no question.

And there goes the 9th man. West Indies 110/9 chasing a measly 205. Believe your eyes, this is happening for real.

Last edited:
Couldn't defend 290 against Bangladesh.
The likes of Mushfiqur and Shakib were hitting our frontline bowlers out of the park at will.
The bowling line-up cannot contain batsmen, cannot take a wicket ffs.
You did it against Sri Lanka easily?

But blame who? A veteran batting legend in his 23rd year in Cricket dealing with the inhumane media and public pressure for a whole year, everyone wanting nothing less than a hundred as if a hundred is a joke.
...Is that a question?

What if Pakistan defended 240 against the same team in this very competition? They have a dream bowling line-up. Bowlers like The great Umar Gul, The Great Saeed Ajmal, The Great Aizaz Cheema, The Great Shahid Afridi and The Great Mohd Hafeez come once in a life-time so no comparison there.
What are you trying to say? Are you trying to be funny? Because you are not.

Are you trying to say Pakistani's bowling is crap? Because you are wrong.

Are you trying to say Pakistani's bowling is once in a life time? Because you are wrong.

290 is just not enough against Bangladesh's star studded batting line-up.
There is no excuse for India scoring less than 300. If we score less than 300, we don't have any right to blame our bowlers? We have got to give them a 350 run cushion every time.

Sarcasm is suppose to be funny, not ridiculous, stupid and annoying.

Lord save the Trundlindians -_-
Jai Trundlindia !

This thread is now Trundling world wide ( @ mighty 5 kbps ) :D
...more attempts at humour and sarcasm?

Got to say. This thread is the most pointless thread I have seen in recent times.

Its not an article.

Its got no relevant stats

Its not funny.

It doesn't ask any questions.

It doesn't answer any questions.

Please tell me w t f was this thread suppose to do?

Last edited:
This is nothing new man tell us some thing different about Indian bowling juggernaut.

Please tell me what was this thread suppose to do?

Fair question IMO.
This is supposed to be a continuous discussion thread about India's never ending trundling. The bowling has been so bad that our fans have started taking their poor performance for granted and do not even consider it worthy of criticism. That culture is a worry and only promotes further trundling.

We seek to end the trundling so that a day may come when a Trundlindian thinks twice before coming out of his birthplace.

Last edited:
Fair question IMO.
This is supposed to be a continuous discussion thread about India's never ending trundling. The bowling has been so bad that our fans have started taking their poor performance for granted and do not even consider it worthy of criticism. That culture is a worry and only promotes further trundling.

Now that sounds like a much better thread.

You should ask the mods to delete this thread....so you can create a new one with that. Might actually make a good discussion, no?

I don't think i could have put it any better Blitzer but the mods should delete if they at all feel the OP is inappropriate and you are free to exercise your right to report. :)

I visited the parosi forums, and perhaps for the first time I felt sorry for SRT.
He is getting alot of stick for his innings. Selfish it was, but a SR of 77 isn't that bad even against BD on a flat track.

Main culprits were the Indian bowlers. Bowling low full tosses at such low pace, no wonder Mushfiq treated them with such disdain. Irfan's one over changed the course of the match. The blame for this defeat goes to the bowlers no question.

lol they are never going to have a decent bowling attack ever if they keep criticizing their batsmen even when they score 289 runs . Anything above 250 is a defendable target these days . Pakistan bowled out Bangladesh at the same ground for 241 runs and Pakistan only has an ordinary bowling attack . Batsmen did well , the bowlers lost the match .

Fair question IMO.

We seek to end the trundling so that a day may come when a Trundlindian thinks twice before coming out of his birthplace.

It is a lot like Pakistan , though , i have seen Pakistani fans blame the bowlers when they cannot defend 220 or 200 runs :danish We keep thinking our batting has always been crap so lets work on the bowling because we know we have won games in the past with some awesome bowling . :waqar:akhtar:wasim:asif:amir

That's true yar. You are promoting boomism and tukism, the two extreme ends of ODI batsmanship none of which is perfect. But you may fall in the middle as well.

Our Trundlindianism however occurs in full swing. :facepalm:

Fair question IMO.

lol at dhoni saying bowlers have talent

It is really embarrassing to see our pace bowlers bowling. They are complete joke. Dinda is definitely a great addition to our embarrassing attack and he should be crowned king of trundelers. Blame should go to bowlers not Sachin for loss against Bangladesh. If our bowlers cant defend 290 against Bangladesh then they should quit cricket.
Regards

Thats newtons third law at work :D
Sachinstas use to run the show and now its there turn to receive ..

i dont think sachin remotely cares about what eWarriors say , its more of an attack on sachin fans rather than sachin :sachin

Haha. I doubt vinay will bowl fast even then. I foresee vinay announcing his retirement.

I had those feelings during the world cup that India wont win it bcoz of their bowling but they won. Harsha Bhogle rightly said India will be better off if they find three test quality bowlers instead of looking for Dravid's replacement

In test cricket: Good Bowling and poor batting is a better combination to have than Good batting and poor bowling. In ODI, it can go either way.

Once again, all is forgotten thanks to our gun batting.

India's bowling today was so ordinary it seemed as if a bunch of slum kids were playing against bradman and sobers. Pakistanis went for even more but at least they were bending their back, trying hard unlike our impotent bowlers. The score would have been 450 plus if they were bowling to kohli and co. The trundlindians are a shame. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Our bowling is simply awful. Without Zaheer its a complete mess. Even reliable PK has gone downhill. Only another masterclass from batsman can win us Asia Cup.

@wronggun - bhai its not the runs they leak that irritates me. I'd have umesh, sami, tait type run leakers anyday over dinda, vinay, yusuf, ashwin, jadeja, praveen. Practically umesh, sami, ishant may leak the same number of runs or even more but at least u get the feeling that they are trying hard but its just not happenin
g.

@wronggun - bhai its not the runs they leak that irritates me. I'd have umesh, sami, tait type run leakers anyday over dinda, vinay, yusuf, ashwin, jadeja, praveen. Practically umesh, sami, ishant may leak the same number of runs or even more but at least u get the feeling that they are trying hard but its just not happenin
g.

Dinda actually bowled well today.

I must say he was the pick of Indian bowlers. And Pakistani bowlers. The pick of fast bowlers.

And I was surprised to see him upstage Praveen Kumar and Umar Gul.

@wronggun - bhai its not the runs they leak that irritates me. I'd have umesh, sami, tait type run leakers anyday over dinda, vinay, yusuf, ashwin, jadeja, praveen. Practically umesh, sami, ishant may leak the same number of runs or even more but at least u get the feeling that they are trying hard but its just not happening.

True.

Dinda actually bowled well today.

I must say he was the pick of Indian bowlers. And Pakistani bowlers. The pick of fast bowlers.

And I was surprised to see him upstage Praveen Kumar and Umar Gul.

Goes to show how much we care to notice their performances. A phanty is taken for granted and the blame is put on the elder most batting legend who must score a run a ball winning hundred or retire. I haven't even checked the bowling figures. What's their to look at? Bunch of losers with one having an odd good day every other game. But they are loser trundlindians alright.

These guys still earn millions.

Dhoni the 'great' captain gives the ball to Raina for the final over in a T20 game. Good idea.

Thanks again to our bowlers for showing up.

Dhoni the 'great' captain gives the ball to Raina for the final over in a T20 game. Good idea.

yet another performance befitting their form. the consistency is amazing tbh.

England were worse the last time they played T20s in SA , Loots Bosman got a very fast 100, and they did not bowl as many part-timers like the Indians who bowled 4 of them.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-india-2012/engine/match/387563.html
http://www.espncricinfo.com/rsaveng09/engine/match/387564.html

The difference is when teams score heavily against good bowling line-ups, they are at their bloody best.

When they do it against us, they are far from it. Sometimes i feel opposition batsmen just throw their wickets away out of boredom and lack of fight from India. :facepalm:

Raina had figures of 2/23 of 3 overs compared to PK, VK and Irfan who were giving away 10+ rpo. It was a good call imo but Albie was just too good.

nobody was interested in this game. plus the pitch was so flat. while indian bowlers were indeed poor, the pitch was pathetically flat(like it SHOULD BE in t20). even indians looked like they were going to make a fight out of it. but rain had other plans. btw, what the hell was uthappa doing out there? looked totally out of sorts.

Was this Uthappa last night? I didn't have my contacts on but it looked like him.

27532_61144937485_1058_n.jpg

Indian bowlers have no strength: Ganguly

Indian bowlers have no strength: Ganguly

Press Trust Of India | Posted on Aug 10, 2012 at 08:41pm IST

Kolkata: Coming down heavily on the current crop of Indian pacers, former captain Sourav Ganguly on Friday said that they lacked the "attitude" and "strength" to bowl fast.

"Our bowlers have no strength. When Munaf Patel, Zaheer Khan arrived they had a lot of pace but gradually they dropped down. It's an attitude thing, to bowl fast. But the Indian bowlers think much rather than bowling fast," Ganguly said.

"They have to be like Shoaib Akhtar, who thinks nothing other than bowling fast. Glenn McGrath was brilliant in Australian conditions, while Wasim Akram was difficult in subcontinent wickets, especially with the older ball," Ganguly, whose favourite bowler is retired Sri Lankan spin wizard Muttiah Muralitharan.

The 40-year-old former player, however, was all praise for the country's batsmen, especially Virat Kohli, who he touted as the future of Indian cricket.

"He is not only the next star; the future of Indian cricket rests on Kohli," Ganguly said while interacting with school children during a promotional event here today.

"The future of Indian cricket will always be good with so much of interest in the sport."

Ganguly also added that Kohli, Manoj Tiwary and Cheteshwar Pujara have the ability to replace the three biggies of Indian cricket - Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid.

"They all have talent. The transition happens over a period of time. It will take some time."

Meanwhile, with two Bengal players - Tiwary and Ashok Dinda - being picked in the national Twenty20 side, Ganguly said the state's future looks bright.

"To be specific, we have five players - Tiwary, Dinda, Wriddhiman Saha, Anustup Majumdar and Sami Ahmed - who not only have the ability but the temperament to play for India," he insisted.

Link: http://cricketnext.in.com/live/news/indian-bowlers-have-no-strength-ganguly/67188-13.html

Comments: :)):)):)))

Ouch

Surely they can just be one who doesn't drop their pace. One out of a billion?

Ishant,Yadav,Aaron,Dinda all bowl decent pace.what they lack is brains to use that pace

having a 1.2 B population of cricket hungry indians.......i expect em to have a way better bowling attack.

even NZL have better bowlers most of the time than IND, despite NZL's tiny population

having a 1.2 B population of cricket hungry indians.......i expect em to have a way better bowling attack.

even NZL have better bowlers most of the time than IND, despite NZL's tiny population

population hardly matters.by that logic u'll expect China to hv a decent cricket team.

its pitches,lack of encouragement,popularity of batsmen that r main factors

population hardly matters.by that logic u'll expect China to hv a decent cricket team.

its pitches,lack of encouragement,popularity of batsmen that r main factors

:facepalm:

China does NOT have a 1.6 B CRICKET OBSESSED population

yeah,pitches and the heat just dont help the bowlers

but our bowlers get injured too many times and they dont have that typical fast bowler's attitude :(

Last edited:
Seems like Indian strength goes down the drain for some reason, I wonder where it is used up. :)))

On a side note, disagree with Ganguly here. Akhtar got swing at pace. Pace alone is nothing, just look at Sami

Young Indian players dont crave to be a world class bowler. They all want to be great batsman. Very hardly you will find a young indian lad bowling wishfully. Its the last way to get into the team.

seeing our current phaast bowlers , i might be playing for india r atleast some IPL teams now, if i tried becomign a phast bowler :D

Trundians needs to bring the strength on the field, NOT leave it in the dressing room :ishant-gambhir :nehra

Young Indian players dont crave to be a world class bowler. They all want to be great batsman. Very hardly you will find a young indian lad bowling wishfully. Its the last way to get into the team.

what logic??

supply-demand does apply here.
very average bowlers make the India XI, so more chances of U making the Xi if ur a bowler.

well said

It is not true that there is no fast bowling talent in India!!

I have played for my district team and i know how tough it is to get into a state team at the U 15 level and i saw many U19 bowlers of state level who bowl really quick and are infact fantastic allrounders........

I dont know why these guys dont preform at the big stage

is it a revelation for them?
I hope not :D
the solution is simple
they have to give up their ritualistic eating and make proteins in the form of meat etc a part of their diet

Last edited:
^ dude we hv 3-4 pacers who bowl fairly quick without eating meat.its problem of sustaining it.they want to prolong thier careers n maintain line n length which is why they slow down

is it a revelation for them?
I hope not :D
the solution is simple
they have to give up their ritualistic eating and make proteins in the form of meat etc a part of their diet

Bro it is their religion.. I am sure you wouldn't like it either if someone suggested that you eat pork to gain extra strength.

And meat is not the only source of protiens..

yeah,pitches and the heat just dont help the bowlers

but our bowlers get injured too many times and they dont have that typical fast bowler's attitude :(

Do you have any idea how hot is in the province of Punjab in Pakistan? Thats where all the good fast bowlers in Pakistan come from. They literally play their cricket in the desert.

I dont think flat wickets and heat is the reason. Its is probably the popularity of batsmen and a culture thing. I play with Indians and agaisnt them all the time and I know they just dont believe in fast bowling or fast bowlers because most of them have played their entire lives with spinners and slow line and length medium pacers.

Most Indian captains in our local league dont even know what sort of fields to set if they have to captain a fast bowler..

So I would blame it on the Indian cricket culture really.

I also dont think strength is the issue. The way indian hitters hit the ball all around the place shows their cricketers have power and strength.

Pakistanis needs to get off that high horse and stop thinking Indians are weaklings or dont have the strength and ability to bowl quick. Its all in the head, its a mental thing..

India has never been known for pacers! If you look at Pakistan,they had Imran Khan, Sarfraz Nawaz , Wasim, Waqar to draw inspiration from.. We had Gavaskar, Mankad, Vishwanath, Sachin and others..... Even in street cricket we play, we always looks to bat...nobody cares to bowl! Bowling is just an excuse to bat in turns...

Do you have any idea how hot is in the province of Punjab in Pakistan? Thats where all the good fast bowlers in Pakistan come from. They literally play their cricket in the desert.

I dont think flat wickets and heat is the reason. Its is probably the popularity of batsmen and a culture thing. I play with Indians and agaisnt them all the time and I know they just dont believe in fast bowling or fast bowlers because most of them have played their entire lives with spinners and slow line and length medium pacers.

Most Indian captains in our local league dont even know what sort of fields to set if they have to captain a fast bowler..

So I would blame it on the Indian cricket culture really.

I also dont think strength is the issue. The way indian hitters hit the ball all around the place shows their cricketers have power and strength.

Pakistanis needs to get off that high horse and stop thinking Indians are weaklings or dont have the strength and ability to bowl quick. Its all in the head, its a mental thing..

good post

They have a 1.2 billion cricket obsessed population. I'm sure fast bowling comes under cricket?

And I can claim that 1.19 billion (don't take it literally) out of those only care for batting. The rest are the crappy ones you see in the side.

Honestly playing gully cricket in India should give people the real reason why India doesn't produce genuine fast bowlers. It's in the cricket culture/attitude/mindset.

You win the toss - it's assumed you will bat. The winning team gets to bat first in the next match. You bowl only so you can just fill in gap and complete the other side of the equation before it's your time to bat. People fight about who goes out to bat but rarely people argue over bowling lineups. In gully cricket, it is not a game where you bat to get a good score and try to get the opposition out, but a game where you hit big shots and pile a lot of runs, and bowl as a formality.

In a gully match, hitting a 50 vs taking 3 wickets - the batsman gets more accolades. In international
cricket, an Indian batsman makes a cracking 100, and an Indian bowler takes 5 wickets at crucial junctures to win us the match - the public will still go
crazy about the batsman.

And add to that a massive dearth of bowling heroes compared to batting heroes, and you get why most people in India focus on batting and making it big through hitting hundreds and visualize themselves being praised like Tendulkar rather than getting 5 wickets with sheer pace and being a nobody like Srinath (nobody in terms of Indian hero-worshipping).

And all this probably explains the abundance of batting talent in the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Imran, Sarfaraz, Fazal Mehmood, Khan Mohammed, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Shoaib Akhtar, Zahid, Shabbir, Razzaq (he was close to 90 mph when he first came on the scene), Mohammed Akram (he was fairly quick) they are all from areas where we have flat wickets and extreme heat. What they all did have in common was aggression and a desire to bowl quick and beat the batsmen by sheer pace.

Indian bowlers dont have that trait. They are told to keep it simple. One of my captains is a former under 19 Indian players and he came to me during one game where I was a bit erratic and told me to cut down my pace and dont bowl bouncers after only two overs.

This is what he thinks and this is what Pakistanis and West Indians think about bowling quick and bowling bouncers:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/576267.html

A bouncer is not a ball to hit a batsman with. It is a wicket-taking delivery.

Back