IPL 2018 | April 15 | Day 9 | Discussion Thread

Very glad I watched this knock from Samson. :bow:

Potential match winning knock. Don't trust RR bowling line up but they have runs on the board.

Damnn......six over cover against genuine pace

the guy has lot of potential

A couple of more knocks like this from Samson and no way he can't be selected for India's next LO series.

What a batting (& bowling) show!!!!!! Still might be a close game, but it's 1st game hence dew won't be an issue.

Absolutely glorious from Samson. Pure pure cricketing shots. What's incredible about him is that despite his really small frame, he just stands and delivers with pure timing. You're talking Hayden level ball striking with a Sunil Gavaskar body. Insane.

Exceptional innings from Samson. Didn't know he could hit 80 m sixes with this frequency

That was unbelievable batting. Me and him played under the same coach at two slightly different time periods. The coaching was horrible. That’s probably why Sanju is starting his own academy now.

I started hearing about Sanju around 10 years ago when he was playing at the district level and managed to score a century.

Don't underestimate Kohli and Devilliers. No no..wait...don't underestimate Kulkarni and Unadkat

Not underestimatijg them but kohli is out of form ,though divilliars is only one in form ,will be intresring ....

But if RR cant win with 217 they wont win with anything else ...

If unadkat n kulkarni looses them match theyll become certified trundlers for ages to come (for me)

Kohli is not out of form,some rare failures by his standards that was

Look how he is middling the ball now

That was unbelievable batting. Me and him played under the same coach at two slightly different time periods. The coaching was horrible. That’s probably why Sanju is starting his own academy now.

I started hearing about Sanju around 10 years ago when he was playing at the district level and managed to score a century.

I once hit Sreesanth for a boundary at the Maharajas College Ground ;-) . Luckily for India , i wasn't successful ever since.

I once hit Sreesanth for a boundary at the Maharajas College Ground ;-) . Luckily for India , i wasn't successful ever since.

Wow man when was it? Was it some exhibition match?

Poor from de kock,that should have been hit out of the park

Last edited:

I once played against Dinesh Karthik back in late nineties. He was only 11 or 12, he played for one of 3rd division teams in TNCA league. He was so little, I bowled bouncers, still he played them well.

I once played against Dinesh Karthik back in late nineties. He was only 11 or 12, he played for one of 3rd division teams in TNCA league. He was so little, I bowled bouncers, still he played them well.

Looks like Indian team dodged a bullet there !! Another trundler would have been more ammunition for Pak fans'.

BTW , Happy and prosperous Vishu to all malayalees . Looks like I missed the Vishu fireworks by Samson.

Kohli is batting brilliantly. de Villiers just need to hang on and can take his time. BowlERS aren't any great.

Buttler single handedly keeping rather I should say miskeeping Rcb in the game

BTW , Happy and prosperous Vishu to all malayalees . Looks like I missed the Vishu fireworks by Samson.

Happy Vishu bro. Saw Samson and VK. Let’s wait for ABD’s fireworks.

Poor batting from RCB

de kock,kohli,ABD all out on deliveries that can be send to cleaners

Poor batting from RCB

Both abd and Kohli should have been out before they actually got out, if buttler wasn't so dreadful. Justice is what that was.

Bowlers lost this match for RCB... 217 too much for any batting lineup to chase, pressure got into RCB batters :facepalm:

Happy for Bangalore Boy ... Gopal :19:

Poor batting from RCB

Kohli didn't place the ball well. But i am not sure ABDV was able to play Shreyas Gopal comfortably. He had trouble picking his variations. He is a very promising leggie bowling on his home ground.

If sundar can bat this way, he will be a valuable addition to Indian ODI team team.

kohli should open so that rcb can play extra overseas bowler in place of mccullam.this is more balanced team

Kohli
Dekock
Ab
Mandeep
Sarfaraj
Sunder
Woakes
Southee
Yadav
khejroliya
Chahal

Need to get KL out. Don't want to be on the end of a thrashing from him today. :mv

Against Harbhajan, Gayle's scored at 83.6 facing 110 balls and got out 4 times, in all T20s.

Rahul and Samson are class players. They need to get into team India. If they learn art of leaving moving ball, they are truly world class.

[MENTION=141114]Hasan123[/MENTION] wins the IPL fan of the day award.

Back