IPL | Bangalore vs Kings Punjab at Mohali -12/05/08

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
lol nah that was against Harmison. He threw the ball at Inzi and he jumped and was run-out.
Or maybe you're talking about when Inzi stopped the ball with his bat against India and was given out obstructing the field (WRONGLY!)

Yeah that was what I was talking about - the first example. Also remember the second one. :D

Cryin Out Loud said:
Dravid is my cricketing hero, but you cannot deny that his judgment and play here have been pretty bad.

And Misbahs' 2020 record is better than Dravids'.

judgement bad I agree , but conspiracy no !

dravid hasent played that many 2020's to say that he has a poor record compared to misbah !

jusarrived said:
judgement bad I agree , but conspiracy no !

dravid hasent played that many 2020's to say that he has a poor record compared to misbah !

:20: Who suggested a conspiracy?

Ah yes i forgot about that guys, thanks. Shame though, he deserved that 100:(

BREAKING NEWS: Dravid hits a 4, i repeat Dravid has hit a 4!!

9.4 Chawla to Dravid, FOUR, fires in the quicker one which comes back in sharply, Dravid makes room, controls the cut and places it to deep backward point

74/3

Details are sketchy, so more to follow...

Cryin Out Loud said:
:20: Who suggested a conspiracy?

there have been quite a few theroies going around here regarding why dravid has kept out the likes of misbah !

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
BREAKING NEWS: Dravid hits a 4, i repeat Dravid has hit a 4!!

9.4 Chawla to Dravid, FOUR, fires in the quicker one which comes back in sharply, Dravid makes room, controls the cut and places it to deep backward point

74/3

Details are sketchy, so more to follow...
:)))

Misbah's confidence/form levels are low..only reasonable excuse i can think of!

jusarrived said:
there have been quite a few theroies going around here regarding why dravid has kept out the likes of misbah !
main reason as Mallya explained was, since Misbah was bought in by him, and Not Dravid... Dravid apparently CHOSE the whole team except 1.

Last edited:
the team owner said that he pushed dravid to buy misbah... dravid was against the inclusion of misbah.

shocking stuff about dravid from the bangalore team owner ... he is every bit as clueless as our very own kuptaan.

Dravid's on fire today, i mean a strike-rate of 100! 23 off 23!:O:O:O:O:O

The team owner said that he had his own list of players but dravid was not agree on buying them.but on matter of misbah he forced dravid to buy him.He named another person whom he has fired from the team management and blamed that dravid and that guy spoiled every thing.

yeah 160 shud be the target... with steyn , zaheer , kumble & praveen kumar we will be in with a chance !

meh ... just noticed there are 3 kumars in the bangalore side ... must be a popular name in that part of india.

BREAKING NEWS: Dravid hits another 4, i repeat Dravid has hit another 4!!

Signs of judgement day people!!!:O

They got from nearly 10/over to under 7/over. They better climb back up to 9/over now.

buntylover_2000 said:
the team owner said that he pushed dravid to buy misbah... dravid was against the inclusion of misbah.

Dravid was not present at the 2nd auction, Mallya pressed Charu Sharma to come up with some decent T20 signings, Charu stalled, Mallya wanted Misbah to play for his team from the beginning so bought him at the 2nd auction.

Toofaan Dravid still in? And now has 2 boundaries to show! Bravo Dravid Bravo

kashif77 said:
meh ... just noticed there are 3 kumars in the bangalore side ... must be a popular name in that part of india.

actually it is , kumar is a common surname in karnataka !

Iqbal'sh said:
Dravid was not present at the 2nd auction, Mallya pressed Charu Sharma to come up with some decent T20 signings, Charu stalled, Mallya wanted Misbah to play for his team from the beginning so bought him at the 2nd auction.
Yes he mentioned that only misbah is the player who is picked on his choice.charu and dravid were reluctant to buy the players of his choice.

jusarrived said:
actually it is , kumar is a common surname in karnataka !

In fact common in many parts of the country. Like 'Khan' would be in Pakistan I'm guessing.

Without the boring captain giving boring instructions, Boucher must unleash the beast within now.

BTW guys, do not assume Mallya (the owner) to be some prescient, savvy character. He is a skunk and I would not believe a single word he says.

WasimG said:
Without the boring captain giving boring instructions, Boucher must unleash the beast within now.
Just as I predicted...... Boucher on fire

Cryin Out Loud said:
BTW guys, do not assume Mallya (the owner) to be some prescient, savvy character. He is a skunk and I would not believe a single word he says.
If he is not the owner then how can he throw charu out and bring another person?
why r u so much against him. i mean any reason for not trusting the guy.

buntylover_2000 said:
If he is not the owner then how can he throw charu out and bring another person?.

reread what i said. I never said he is not the owner.

buntylover_2000 said:
why r u so much against him. i mean any reason for not trusting the guy.

Because as a former journalist I have had plenty of interactions with, and insight into, his thinking. Over a decade. Of course this is FWIW and a personal opinion.

He is a flashy, used to be loveryboy, barely capable businessman who had a great family legacy. He's intelligent alright, but he talks too much. And he runs his business like a family shop.

Having said that, he may be completely right about this controversy. I would just take whatever he says with a pinch of salt.

Cryin Out Loud said:
reread what i said. I never said he is not the owner.

Because as a former journalist I have had plenty of interactions with, and insight into, his thinking. Over a decade. Of course this is FWIW and a personal opinion.

He is a flashy, used to be loveryboy, barely capable businessman who had a great family legacy. He's intelligent alright, but he talks too much. And he runs his business like a family shop.

Having said that, he may be completely right about this controversy. I would just take whatever he says with a pinch of salt.
my mistake bro...misread ur post.. and thnx 4 ur opinion about the guy.nice to know u were a journalist.. u must a have meet many celebrities in different fields of life..

I wonder what Mallya will do for next IPL?

Misbah his favorite will stay for sure, but will Dravid retain his place? I think not. Kumble will be out too. Watch out for a total revamp of the team.

Cryin Out Loud said:

actually I wudnt beleive the media ..mallya is not the types who wud let such things out to the media even if we assume he has differences with dravid !

jusarrived said:
actually I wudnt beleive the media ..mallya is not the types who wud let such things out to the media even if we assume he has differences with dravid !
He was talking to NDTV live yesterday. He said it all, u could see he was pissed like anything

buntylover_2000 said:
The team owner said that he had his own list of players but dravid was not agree on buying them.but on matter of misbah he forced dravid to buy him.He named another person whom he has fired from the team management and blamed that dravid and that guy spoiled every thing.

so the question is .. does he have the guts to sack his own captain ?

with 100+ million on the line ... i'd be a bit worried if i was dravid.

Dhonifan said:
He was talking to NDTV live yesterday. He said it all, u could see he was pissed like anything

oh then its bye bye dravid i gues & a lot of other current B'lore players !

kashif77 said:
so the question is .. does he have the guts to sack his own captain ?

with 100+ million on the line ... i'd be a bit worried if i was dravid.

Doubt if he will sack Dravid. There's going to be changes soon enough, though. Like in next years' line up.

Cryin Out Loud said:

Cryin Out Loud said:

Make your mind up for pity's sake. You must be the first journo (ex -journo I meant) that sits on the fence!!!!

btw Mallya's version does stack up pretty much:

He had a list of players he wanted to buy, but he let Dravid and Charu (less involved than Dravid) attend the 1st auction as he felt he did not have the requisite cricket expertise.
After the auction his mates told him he had a squad ideally suited to test cricket, Dravid maintained if an individual is good enough to play test cricket then they can adapt to the T20 version.
After the poor start, Dravid blamed the bad training facilities and other poor off field arrangements for the teams pathetic showing. Mallya got rid of Charu and got B. Patel who is familiar with Bangalore CA.
So he's basically giving Dravid enough rope to hang himself as even a school boy knows the squad is not upto it and Dravid is wholly responsible for that.

btw what were your interactions with Mallya as a journo? Care to share the incidents which form your hardcore opinion?

Iqbal'sh said:
Make your mind up for pity's sake. You must be the first journo (ex -journo I meant) that sits on the fence!!!!

I do not think what I have said is contradictory. But I could have phrased it better. Which is: Mallya is a skunk. I would not believe anything he says without independent corroboration (which is Dravid/ Sharma's POV in this case). In this case Mallya may be correct, but I would still wait and see.

Iqbal'sh said:
btw Mallya's version does stack up pretty much:

It does, so far. But, as I said, I'll believe it when I hear what Sharma/ Dravid have to say. Not before.

So he's basically giving Dravid enough rope to hang himself...

That I agree with totally.

btw what were your interactions with Mallya as a journo? Care to share the incidents which form your hardcore opinion?

I wouldn't care to give specific incidents because they put me in a small sample set of identifiable people. But I am confident enough that my opinion is shared by other journos - the man's behaviour, management style, history.

As I said before, take it for what it is worth, which is a personal opinion given by some random stranger over the internet.

drkilljoy said:
Dravid is trying to bowl to a draw. His team needs wicket and he took of Steyn after 1 over.

First laxman now dravid. Dumbness galore!

I just looked at the scorecard for the first time today. And guess what sticks out like a sore thumb:

SR: 262.5

I thought Dravid was playing for draws, looks like Misbah will be punished for not playing according to plan.

This match is no fun. One of our finest batsmen ever is getting humiliated. Wish he'd retire for the rest of the tourney and just concentrate on test cricket. Why risk losing even more form than he has already??

Since Misbah got out the thread has died a bit and not really following the match. Only thing left to save this match thread is two exceptional catches and a runout by Mizbi

I think - pure conjecture- that Dravid may resign, or need to resign, pretty soon.

The only wicket taker Vinay Kumar (2-0-11-1) has not even been given his full bowling quota. Kumble's not taken a single wicket all tourney but Dravid has to take care of his friends first. Praveen Kumar also had only 12 runs off his first 2 but Dravid opted for others until only 3 runs were needed.

dravid like malik ... nice guy but not kuptaan material.

bcci realized their mistake and corrected it ..

can bakwaas ashraf do the same ?

Cryin Out Loud said:
Mallya is a skunk. I would not believe anything he says without independent corroboration (which is Dravid/ Sharma's POV in this case).

That's not independent corroboration mate that's the story from the other side.

Cryin Out Loud said:
I wouldn't care to give specific incidents because they put me in a small sample set of identifiable people. But I am confident enough that my opinion is shared by other journos - the man's behaviour, management style, history.

I didn't want you to put your neck on the line, I was thinking also about the opinions that are shared by your other journo comrades. Any snippets from these guys?

Hmm, so the Bangalore Royal Chumps crash to another humiliating defeat. Mallya must be furious! This can't be doing his brand association any good - I don't think this is the type of brand resonance he had in mind when he named his team lol.

Iqbal'sh said:
That's not independent corroboration mate that's the story from the other side.

Not really. Sharma has said a few things, but I'll wait until he says more. Dravid hasn't said a thing so far.

Iqbal'sh said:
I didn't want you to put your neck on the line, I was thinking also about the opinions that are shared by your other journo comrades. Any snippets from these guys?

How about this one; he was known as the 'British Japan before breakfast man'.

I don't mean 'British Japan', of course. Just the acronym.

Cryin Out Loud said:
Not really. Sharma has said a few things, but I'll wait until he says more. Dravid hasn't said a thing so far.

Sharma has been sacked by Mallya so how can he how an independent (ie impartial) opinion? Anyway he has pretty much laid the blame at Dravid's door stating it was not his team selection (Charu's) so he could not accept responsibility for the poor showing.

Cryin Out Loud said:
How about this one; he was known as the 'British Japan before breakfast man'.

I don't mean 'British Japan', of course. Just the acronym.

As long as it was behind closed doors who cares? Good to get some exercise in before breakfast anyway.

OZGOD said:
Hmm, so the Bangalore Royal Chumps crash to another humiliating defeat. Mallya must be furious! This can't be doing his brand association any good - I don't think this is the type of brand resonance he had in mind when he named his team lol.
what better brand resonance than to have a team that proves alcohol and cricket do not mix

Iqbal'sh said:
Sharma has been sacked by Mallya so how can he how an independent (ie impartial) opinion? Anyway he has pretty much laid the blame at Dravid's door stating it was not his team selection (Charu's) so he could not accept responsibility for the poor showing.

I'm not arguing. I'm saying I will wait before making up my mind. Mallya's track record is suspect to me. That is it. Don't care to debate it at this time.

Iqbal'sh said:
As long as it was behind closed doors who cares? Good to get some exercise in before breakfast anyway.

You wanted an anecdote, you got one. :19:

Cryin Out Loud said:
I'm not arguing. I'm saying I will wait before making up my mind. Mallya's track record is suspect to me. That is it. Don't care to debate it at this time.

I'm just surprised you call that an independent corroboration. Is that what you call it in professional circles? I'm confused. :20:

Back