IPL | Bangalore Vs Kolkata | Bangalore | 18/04/08 (video of match now added)

Gunner786

First Class Captain
Runs
Match is 4 hours away,
Cannot wait for this but my interest has died down cos no pakistani players will be there yet,
watching it to see gayle smash the bangalorians to pieces

Bangalore Royal Challengers squad
*R Dravid, Abdur Razzak, B Akhil, KP Appanna, J Arunkumar, wicketkeeperMV Boucher, S Chanderpaul, B Chipli, +SP Goswami, W Jaffer, SB Joshi, JH Kallis, Z Khan, V Kohli, P Kumar, A Kumble, Misbah-ul-Haq, AA Noffke, DT Patil, DW Steyn, LRPL Taylor, R Vinay Kumar, CL White

*SC Ganguly, S Kaul, AB Agarkar, RB Banerjee, A Chopra, DB Das, CH Gayle, DJ Hussey, Iqbal Abdulla, M Kartik, SS Lahiri, +BB McCullum, Mohammad Hafeez, RT Ponting, CA Pujara, WP Saha, Salman Butt, I Sharma, LR Shukla, +T Taibu, Umar Gul, Yashpal Singh

^^^^

what time in EST does the Opening ceremony strats plszzzzzzzzzzzzz

i wanna watch SHAH RUKH KHAN

Whilst some are against this type of tournament, but you have to admire the star studded lineups of some of the teams.

So its likely that Hafeez will be the only Pakistani player in action today.

Bully Gayle to blast his 2nd TT 100 today !!

Knight Riders are my 3rd fav team, so would be supporting them tonight.

BTW, the only guy i like in Royal Challengers is..........errrrrr no one !!
20gs4.gif

only 4 foreign players can play for each team i think it should be at least 5

by the way will pakistan players play today since they have 1 more match against Bang tommorow. Will misbah play today ???

pakistani said:
by the way will pakistan players play today since they have 1 more match against Bang tommorow. Will misbah play today ???
no they wont. Only Hafeez I think will be available.

i think the first few game will tell us if this whole IPL thig is going to be a one hit wonder or a thing for the future.

Looks like a full house. Shankar Mahadevan performing "jhoom barabar jhoom" live...

I just tuned in and WTFISDIS?!

Some cher impersonator and green laser beams? Who won the toss? What happened?

f.b.m said:
Who won the toss? What happened?

Match got over in 5 overs... someone paid money to curator :p

It's opening ceremony sorta thing going on. Match yet to start.

f.b.m said:
I just tuned in and WTFISDIS?!

Some cher impersonator and green laser beams? Who won the toss? What happened?

I was thought it was like a version of an olympic ceremony with all the ramatazz...

its pretty impressive!

Last edited:
impressive start...it might be fun to sit in the stadium and watch it live.

i live in the netherlands near the UK with channel is showing it?? what time is it going to start

I think the crowd want some cricket, not a long list of buddhay making useless speeches....

Geordie Ahmed said:
It sounded like some buddha was getting booed - what was that about?

All the speakers have been booed (out of boredom).

Modhi took the podium as if he was 'star' of IPL - raising his arms as if he had just hit the winning runs in the final!

Took about 5 secs of his monotony and BS before the crowd starting jeering!!

They are here for the cricket!!!

"I fear the IPL can be a serious distraction and destruction if the International Cricket Council (ICC) doesn't intervene because it involves huge money and players are ready to abandon international cricket," Akram told AFP Monday.

Has Shiva put on weight? Must weigh in at least 20 kg now!

two quick questions:

what channels aer showing the IPL worldwide and in UK (is sky showing?)

any good weblinks for IPA matches (can be pmed), ta

Not much eye contact between Gongloo and Dravid.

Very 'frosty'.

Serendipity said:
two quick questions:

what channels aer showing the IPL worldwide and in UK (is sky showing?)

any good weblinks for IPA matches (can be pmed), ta

1) UK - Setanta Sports
2) Whats IPA?

Gold gloves / helmets / pads :O

Disgusting!

This is turning into the Indian 'camp' League!

This isnt fair there shouldnt be restictions on foreign players...IPL is what it is because of foreign players...if it was only India players no would give a s**t, how many ppl watch the Ranji trophy and the Deodhar Trophy

WHAT A GREAT SHOT (IPL Hype)

Actual - leg bye for a single

1-0

bdchamp20 said:
This isnt fair there shouldnt be restictions on foreign players...IPL is what it is because of foreign players...if it was only India players no would give a s**t, how many ppl watch the Ranji trophy and the Deodhar Trophy
But its Indian money.....

This is exactly like ICL!

Unknown bowler bowls a wide!

2-0

The adverts will be interesting!

Will Setanta happily promote countless ads about HEALTHY VEGETABLE OIL SMOTHIES etc??

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
zaheer khan?? isn't it funny he wasn't available for the ind saf series...running in now..

And getting thrashed for 2 boundaries in a row! :))

And a SIXER to 3rd man! :)))

Praveen Kumar is the Indian Rawww Ifthikar, except that he gets wickets somehow and is supported by the Indian people.

Back