IPL | Bangalore vs Chennai | Bangalore | 28/04/08

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Around 45 minutes before play starts in the next episode of IPL.

Bangalore Royal Challengers squad

R Dravid, Abdur Razzak, B Akhil, KP Appanna, J Arunkumar, MV Boucher, S Chanderpaul, B Chipli, SP Goswami, W Jaffer, SB Joshi, JH Kallis, Z Khan, V Kohli, P Kumar, A Kumble, Misbah-ul-Haq, AA Noffke, DT Patil, DW Steyn, LRPL Taylor, R Vinay Kumar, CL White

Chennai Super Kings squad

MS Dhoni, VV Kadbe, P Amarnath, S Anirudha, R Ashwin, S Badrinath, L Balaji, N Einstein, SP Fleming, M Gony, ML Hayden, MEK Hussey, SB Jakati, Joginder Sharma, AB Karthik, SS Kumar, JA Morkel, A Mukund, M Muralitharan, M Ntini, JDP Oram, PA Patel, SK Raina, S Vidyut

Surely Misbah has to play today.

Chennai - undefeated ... look like the ManUtd of the ipl world!

Toss: Mahendra Singh Dhoni has won the toss and Chennai Super Kings will bat first.

Are Bangalore TRYING to lose? Steyn and Misbah both not playing.

Showman said:
Are Bangalore TRYING to lose? Steyn and Misbah both not playing.

Looks like steyn is in.. but they aren't doing themselves any favors by excluding their best bat. Dravid, kallis and chanderpaul are half as useful as misbah in T20.

Aamir sohail saying that Wasim Jaffer is going to be the key man for Bangalore today... :))

Hayden was toying with Zaheer but so far hes showing a lot of respect to Steyn.

Billy doctrove just gave 2 incorrect wide calls.

Sparhawk said:
Hayden was toying with Zaheer but so far hes showing a lot of respect to Steyn.

Billy doctrove just gave 2 incorrect wide calls.

One proper shot for 4 is toying? :13:

awesome start.
the first watchable game so far - steyn showing what pace can do.
gwann bawana

wots latest on the scores? any top shots or is Hayden ready for his OAP buss pass outta India!?

Indiafan said:
One proper shot for 4 is toying? :13:

He was walking down the wicket at him and still pulling a short ball. Opening bowlers don't like to see that.

Sparhawk said:
He was walking down the wicket at him and still pulling a short ball. Opening bowlers don't like to see that.

Oh ok, am not watching live, just cricinfo

Hussey with 2 sixes to midwicket
114-3 after 15.2

Last edited:
164-3 off 19 overs

Dhoni getting himself a quick 50

He gave Steyn a bit of a hammering in that last over

Dhoni smaking 24 runs of that Steyn over

164/3 1 over to go!

Dhoni hits 4 4 6 4 4 and reaches 50
Super Kings 163-3 after 18.5 overs

Last edited:
Dhoni punishes Steyn

End of over 19 (24 runs) - Chennai Super Kings 164/3
MS Dhoni 51* (25b 7x4 2x6) DW Steyn 4-0-40-0
MEK Hussey 47* (36b 3x4 2x6) P Kumar 4-0-29-1
18.6 Steyn to Dhoni, 1 run, full on middle and leg, he creams this straight to long-on,. that's 24 off the over!
18.5 Steyn to Dhoni, FOUR, and now we have a misfield! Dhoni drives that firmly down to Chipli at long-off but he mistimes his dive and the ball slips past him
18.4 Steyn to Dhoni, FOUR, pitches this one a lot fuller and Dhoni drags that from outside off and beats deep midwicket, the timing wasn't the best but it was the power which sent the ball scorching
18.3 Steyn to Dhoni, SIX, the carnage gets worse for Steyn as he stays back to a pitched up delivery and slogs it across the line over deep midwicket, that was brute power
18.2 Steyn to Dhoni, FOUR, fires in a screeching full toss and Dhoni swings and gets a thick outside edge which races down to third man
18.1 Steyn to Dhoni, FOUR, Bang! Steyn pitches it up and Dhoni stays at the crease and clubs it over his head, that sends the ball scorching down to the boundary
18.1 Steyn to Dhoni, 1 wide, now this is certainly a wide, he slides down lwg

what a demoralizing over for Steyn. I've never seen him hit like this.

And India's ODI-2020 captain finally places his mark on the tournament. 61 of 28 so far.

Another thrashing on the cards for Bangalore? Oh well, if you drop one of the T20 star players... :21: :21:

Alas another wicket, Hussey goes caught by the skipper. Bangalosre will need 179 for a (unlikely!!) win

Man none of the free streams are working today on sopcast, did'nt even get the chance to see DHONI madness. Especially the hot stuff agaist Steyn.

great looks like dravid and his kids will lose again inshallah.

when will they learn that they need misbah to stand any chance of winning

Chipli and Jaffer doing a good job. Dravid and Kallis to follow to see them home. They will fire today and will have 8-10 balls to spare

Wasim Jaffer is batting with a beastly strike rate of 50 with an average of 6.50. I dont know about you but I call them tailenders. Now how's his bowling.

Jaffer motoring along with a SR of 37 and a score of 3. At least he's not out as opposed to the other bloke.

GOT EM!!!

3.1 Gony to Chipli, OUT, timber! Gony bowls that on a good length and the line is dead straight, Chipli makes room to cart that over the bowler's head but the ball shoots off the pitch and hits the top of middle stump
B Chipli b Gony 8 (11b 1x4 0x6) SR: 72.72

f.b.m said:
Wasim Jaffer is batting with a beastly strike rate of 50 with an average of 6.50. I dont know about you but I call them tailenders. Now how's his bowling.

How dare you!! Jaffer along with the likes of Dravid and co are beastly batsmen!! I mean why else would you not play Misbah? Just look at the firepower these batsmen bring :|

good over -14 runs from it. Jaffer looks as if he means business. will he make dhoni rue the dropped catch?

Misbah's team 56-1 - need 123 off 78 balls

Last edited:
now Goni drops Jaffer. Dressing room instructions seem to be 'Keep Jaffer on strike till the end'. :))

Two sixes for jaffer. I never thought i'd see that in the whole tournament.

Back