IPL | Delhi Daredevils vs Bangalore Royal Challengers| Delhi | 30/04/08

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Delhi Daredevils squad

V Sehwag, R Bhatia, AB de Villiers, S Dhawan, TM Dilshan, G Gambhir, B Geeves, KD Karthik, GD McGrath, MF Maharoof, VY Mahesh, M Manhas, A Mishra, Mohammad Asif, Y Nagar, P Sangwan, Shoaib Malik, M Tehlan, MK Tiwary, DL Vettori, T Yadav

Bangalore Royal Challengers squad

R Dravid, Abdur Razzak, B Akhil, KP Appanna, J Arunkumar, MV Boucher, S Chanderpaul, B Chipli, SP Goswami, W Jaffer, SB Joshi, JH Kallis, Z Khan, V Kohli, P Kumar, A Kumble, Misbah-ul-Haq, AA Noffke, DT Patil, DW Steyn, LRPL Taylor, R Vinay Kumar, CL White

The action starts in just under 1 hour.

Its always entertaining watching Sehwag bat and of course Malik is also in the Delhi squad.

Who knows, we may finally see Misbah given a chance by Bangalore and will Dravid finally score a run :)

Asif vs Misbah - I reckon, Asif gets Misbah out cheaply! What do you guys think?

W63L35 said:
Asif vs Misbah - I reckon, Asif gets Misbah out cheaply! What do you guys think?

I reckon Asif wont get to bowl at Misbah with the new ball, he may get a over in the death overs at Misbah and I dont reckon Asif is a good enough death bowler to trouble Misbah. Although some improvements are quite apparent in Asif's death bowling in the IPL.

Gunner786 said:
ross taylor is still here so i don think misbah will get chance

Cricinfo are suggesting that Misbah may be replacing Kallis.

misbah missed out again

Delhi Daredevils team
R Bhatia, S Dhawan, G Gambhir, wicketkeeperKD Karthik, GD McGrath, VY Mahesh, Mohammad Asif, captainV Sehwag, Shoaib Malik, MK Tiwary, DL Vettori

Bangalore Royal Challengers team
wicketkeeperMV Boucher, captainR Dravid, W Jaffer, SB Joshi, JH Kallis, Z Khan, V Kohli, P Kumar, DW Steyn, LRPL Taylor, R Vinay Kumar

God how i hope Sehwag and Gambhir belt the living day-lights at of them today!

Gunner786 said:
misbah missed out again

Delhi Daredevils team
R Bhatia, S Dhawan, G Gambhir, wicketkeeperKD Karthik, GD McGrath, VY Mahesh, Mohammad Asif, captainV Sehwag, Shoaib Malik, MK Tiwary, DL Vettori

Bangalore Royal Challengers team
wicketkeeperMV Boucher, captainR Dravid, W Jaffer, SB Joshi, JH Kallis, Z Khan, V Kohli, P Kumar, DW Steyn, LRPL Taylor, R Vinay Kumar

and I thought there was a limit to stupidity.

TruSachFan said:
wat a moron this dravid is
woah,
tendulkar lover is here too?
remind me how many times tendulkar played kenya to bloat his average again?

Gunner786 said:
woah,
tendulkar lover is here too?
remind me how many times tendulkar played kenya to bloat his average again?

hmm

i was talking abt dravid leaving out misbah btw

BREAKING NEWS:

"Our plan is to get to the final before giving Misbah a chance" said Bangalore captain Rahul Dravid. After asked how they would get to the final after losing 3 games in a row he replied, "cirket is a very funny game. Just watch, myself and Jaques will abosolutely murder the Delhi bowlers, heck i might even beat McCullum!!" After which most of the reporters had wet their pants!

since the Bangers have left Misbah out AGAIN.. i would have to back the DDDevils

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
BREAKING NEWS:

"Our plan is to get to the final before giving Misbah a chance" said Bangalore captain Rahul Dravid. After asked how they would get to the final after losing 3 games in a row he replied, "cirket is a very funny game. Just watch, myself and Jaques will abosolutely murder the Delhi bowlers, heck i might even beat McCullum!!" After which most of the reporters had wet their pants!
after which Dravid woke up from his dream

I know DDD have been winning recently.. so y change a winning team..

but if u think forward.. if Kaallis, Taylor, Mccullum leave at once! then the 3 replacements would be starting with no match practice, no form. Just thrown in at deep end! :20:

Last edited:
Can Misbah sue for getting free money for just sitting on the bench...which will mean (if he wins) some more free money :)

i think hes afraid that misbah might put more of a score on the board than he has done in the whole tournament thus far!

Rafa Benitez would be perfect for IPL team manager!!! rotation rotation rotation

ps. Liverpool to give Chelsea a first class ticket to the dungeons tonight!!!
CMONnnnn the REDSSSSSSSsssssssssssssSSSSSSSSSS :po:

There seems to be some problem. Its already 4-5 min past the scheduled start time and the match hasnt started yet.

sohaib17 said:
yo why isn't IPL match on

what technical difficulties are there

Hi there. Welcome to the 17th game of the IPL. Delhi Daredevils v Bangalore Royal Challengers. The big news coming from the capital is the absence of Delhi Cheerleaders. Women ... they are gone!

:O :O :O :O
Setanta have taken a stand!!!!

From Cricinfo..

Oops due to technical reasons, the game is yet to start. The players are all waiting in the middle for the action to begin. One suspects this could do with the TV coverage. They are yet to start their telecast due to some technical reasons.

The umpires are walking out to the middle

^^^

*** is wrong with the coverage i skipped my 2 and 3 class to watch the game

now i have to go back

The match has started. Telecast hasnt. Cricinfo is showing score update.

Imran_m said:
Even the cheerleaders want Misbah in the playing XI

misbah the best t20 world cup player and he doent get a chance. The indians have done this by purpose, they dont want a pakistani to be the best.

I dont want to say this, but it seems that way.

Majestic_Inzi said:
misbah the best t20 world cup player and he doent get a chance. The indians have done this by purpose, they dont want a pakistani to be the best.

I dont want to say this, but it seems that way.
This is per CricInfo wiseman.

The thing about Misbah not playing is that Bangalore can only play four foreigners. You got to play Boucher, Taylor is in great form, don't even think about dropping Steyn and so that leaves Kallis and I guess they want him for his allround skills. Anyway, Taylor will be out after this game- he is leaving to join his New Zealand squad on the tour of England and Misbah will get a game.

So there is no conspiracy here as you claim. :21:

Last edited:
Indiagem said:
This is per CricInfo wiseman.

The thing about Misbah not playing is that Bangalore can only play four foreigners. You got to play Boucher, Taylor is in great form, don't even think about dropping Steyn and so that leaves Kallis and I guess they want him for his allround skills. Anyway, Taylor will be out after this game- he is leaving to join his New Zealand squad on the tour of England and Misbah will get a game.

no no its CricIndia

Back to the game, consecutive 4's from Gambhir in the second over from Zaheer, DD 18/0 after 2

Even the TV companies dont want to show IPL any more :)

cricinfo info gone back to the first over now!! WTH!!

TruSachFan and Indiagem, this is your fault!!:D

Edit: It gone back again. 6 and 4 from Viru smacking ZK

So this is another embarrassment for the IPL authorities!!!

First SLAPGATE

Now Technical issues preventing any TV coverage!

There will be effigies burning of TV screens tomorrow!!

Oxy said:
So this is another embarrassment for the IPL authorities!!!

First SLAPGATE

Now Technical issues preventing any TV coverage!

There will be effigies burning of TV screens tomorrow!!

LOL
Didnt the floodlights go out in one of the earilier games?

LOL Back to the 1st over from cricinfo!

Edit: Viru run out!

4.6 Steyn to Gambhir, OUT, Gambhir plays it down to point and sets off. sehwag responds, but the pick-up and throw from Ross Taylor is brilliant. The umpire gives him out without even consulting the third umpire. Shikhar Dhawan is the new man in
V Sehwag run out 24 (12b 3x4 1x6) SR: 200.00

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
LOL
Didnt the floodlights go out in one of the earilier games?
Who knows - ask someone who was watching :D

hmmm......looks like misbah will have to stay on zero for a longer time in my fantasy team:(

buntylover_2000 said:
Malik should be sent at no.9 to give him a lesson for what he did with the youngesters

I second that. Also after each wicket falls send in another batsman and assure him that he is next.

Misbah is such a nice character otherwise he can always consult with Mr. Maanki and then operate on Dravid in the same loving way Mr. Maanki did on Mr. BootyShakeHoochiMaama ;-)

I feel sorry for Misbah - why on earth did he have to go to the team with a dunce as Captain

then again it could have been worse and VVS Laxative could have been his captain

buntylover_2000 said:
Malik should be sent at no.9 to give him a lesson for what he did with the youngesters

revenge is great!!! :D if only ^it was possible

Back