IPL | Delhi Daredevils vs Bangalore Royal Challengers| Delhi | 30/04/08

Can someone remind me of Paks NEXT international tour/duty?

I assume its end of Mayish-Juneish? If so Misbah might be there till the end! :)

SameerM said:
Can someone remind me of Paks NEXT international tour/duty?

I assume its end of Mayish-Juneish? If so Misbah might be there till the end! :)

June, tri-nations against Bangladesh and India. After that the Asia Cup. After that (maybe) series again Sri Lanka and after that the Champions Trophy in Pakistan Insh'Allah:)

I think the Pak players will play IPL until the end

looks like dhawan is getting me points for my fantasy team again..heres hoping asif bowls well and i pick up some more !!..

Watch Bangalore crash to another glorious defeat now. How on earth can you drop one of the best T20 batsman and pick useless players like Kallis, Taylor?!

Delhi should thrash Dravid's team.

I thnk Delhi has an excellent chance of going all the way actually.

has kallis got 1 more over?
malik may bring back bad memories for him hehehe

WHAT A CATCH!!!!

that was better than Colly getting Hayden
or Jimmy Adams in the 99 world cup

hahah and Shoaib continues the horrible run by Pakistani's at the IPL

have we even gotten 100 runs combined yet?

First ball he faces from a top bowler, he goes!

16.1 Steyn to Shoaib Malik, OUT, Malik loses his middle stump. He moved outside leg and tried to run a short-of-length delivery to third man but was beaten for pace.
Shoaib Malik b Steyn 6 (4b 1x4 0x6) SR: 150.00

Tahir from Pakistan: "Again, banglore did not pick misba ul haq. Again they will lose this game. They should have dropped Kallis who is not so impressive with the bat or the ball..Poor selection from Bangqlore...Their batting will fail once again today for sure."

Oh yeah and Kartik out

17.1 Kallis to Karthik, OUT, What a yorker! The off stump has broken into two pieces. It was right at the base of off stump and Karthik tried to bring down his bat in a hurry but was too late
KD Karthik b Kallis 2 (4b 0x4 0x6) SR: 50.00

Why doesn't Dravid play Misbah ahead of Ross Taylor, who's a hack?

OZGOD said:
Why doesn't Dravid play Misbah ahead of Ross Taylor, who's a hack?
and thus we could complete Bangalore's misery :p he is the only one scoring some runs in that team.

192 to win..... so who will be the hero for Banglore today - Jaffar, Dravid, Kallis or Misbah?
ooh... wait Misbah is not even playing!

Is Dravid playing Taylor coz this is his last match ? Its a no brainer that Misbah is better than this chap.

switchblade said:
Is Dravid playing Taylor coz this is his last match ? Its a no brainer that Misbah is better than this chap.

Considering that he is the only guy who has scored some run for Bangalore, I dont now how they could drop him :20:

Taylor smacks Asif for 4, you beauty!!!!!! Now I know why Taylor was preffered choice.

Mohammad Asif to Taylor, FOUR, too full and on the pads, Taylor leans forward and clips it away behind square leg for an easy boundary

is there any link where i can watch it with sopcast or a channel on sopcast?

switchblade said:

Player Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s
3 4 1 125 53 41.66 70 178.57

Taylor slaughters Asif for another 4.... Oh this Tayloe fears no-one. Dravid was smart.

Mohammad Asif to Taylor, FOUR, Once again Asif strays on to the pads and Taylor happily flicks it away to the fine leg fence - easy pickings

OH Boy, Taylor spanks Asif for a 6 like a Gully bowler

Mohammad Asif to Taylor, SIX, Full and on the off stump, Taylor gives it the almighty heave across the line and gets a nice little profitable edge to third man. Cue for the tv comms to go, "it doesn't matter how it comes ....

ONly time i saw Taylor sh*tting in his pants was when Malinga bowled an over to him in the world cup. He had absolutely no clue about any of the ball.

Oh god another 6 off Asif, all hail lord Jaffer..... Simply Superb.... Misbah who?

Mohammad Asif to Jaffer, SIX, fullish, on the middle and leg stump line, Jaffer leans forward to play a lovely lofted on drive over long on. Very nonchalantly done.

Lil_weed said:
Oh god another 6 off Asif, all hail lord Jaffer..... Simply Superb.... Misbah who?

Mohammad Asif to Jaffer, SIX, fullish, on the middle and leg stump line, Jaffer leans forward to play a lovely lofted on drive over long on. Very nonchalantly done.

You know a lot of people said that since this is Taylor's last game, and Kallis' crap form, he should have been dropped!

oh yeah and Taylors gone!
4.2 McGrath to Taylor, OUT, Taylor's IPL stint ends. Full and on the middle, he again went for his leg side swing and ended up miscuing it to deep midwicket. He is a such a fine player but keeps going across the line
LRPL Taylor c Dhawan b McGrath 29 (15b 3x4 2x6) SR: 193.33

Last edited:
Yes agreed that Kallis should have been dropped for Misbah.....

Anyway Taylor is OUT for a quick 29 off McGrath.

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
You know a lot of people said that since this is Taylor's last game, and Kallis' crap form, he should have been dropped!

oh yeah and TAYLORS GONE!!!!!

4.2 McGrath to Taylor, OUT
LRPL Taylor c Dhawan b McGrath 29 (15b 3x4 2x6) SR: 193.33
it was just a matter of time. :D

Lets see if Kallis can justify his selection. He's here now, lets see what we would have mised out on. In fact I think he picked 2 wickets while bowling right?

ANOTHER ONE!!!!

4.6 McGrath to Jaffer, OUT, McGrath gets his second wicket of the over. Again banged in short, bit of extra bounce and that's enough to do the damage. Jaffer messes up his pull shot and sends a dolly to mid-on
W Jaffer c Mahesh b McGrath 10 (9b 0x4 1x6) SR: 111.11

The hare's gone;-)

what are Jaffer and Dravid doing in the team? they should be teaching little kids how to block and defend in test cricket

electrifying innings from Jaffer comes to an end pure entertainment

In fact Jaffer and Dravid will be opening a cricket academy to teach youngsters on how to loose in 20/20 matches. Full training or money back guarantee.

Lil_weed said:
In fact Jaffer and Dravid will be opening a cricket academy to teach youngsters on how to loose in 20/20 matches. Full training or money back guarantee.
:)))
I wonder which one of them will inspire the youngsters more -Dravid with his technique of getting out first ball (always to a good ball) or Jaffer with his deliberate ploy of frustrating everyone by making 10 runs in half hour.

Dravid and Kallis should look to finish the day without losing another wicket tonight, Than in the next match look to survive the first hour for any early morning movement and look to increase the run rate to about 3 later on in the day

haha I think Jaffer is a clear winner in that academy since the opposition would love to have someone wastng balls and time to kill the run rate. Remember last game, Dhoni's team kept dropping the catches whenever Jaffer put them in the air. They were happy for him to stay around. haha

few weeks back there was a thread on PP on who is the real wall ? Dravid or Kallis.

Now is the time for Bangaloreans to find it out in the most painful way - another imminent T20 loss :))

PlanetPakistan said:
Lil weed are you at the ground?

Weeds generally grow out of the ground! :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weed

A weed in a general sense is a plant that is considered by the user of the term to be a nuisance, and normally applied to unwanted plants in human-made settings such as gardens, lawns or agricultural areas, but also in parks, woods and other natural areas. More specifically, the term is often used to describe native or nonnative plants that grow and reproduce aggressively.[1]

Last edited:
haha this partnership is the best. Don't expect a wcket to be lost until the 20th over and don't expect the strike rate to cross 50 and don't expect the run rate to go over 3.

I don't believe my eyes. Dravid and Kallis together. I think they will take turns to score the runs

Lil_weed said:
only 109 needed from 60 balls.... Easy job for Kallis and Dravid perhaps? hmm maybe not

I think they'll hang on for a draw.

I think they have a hitter or two coming after this. They are not too far off the Dehli score after 10-11 overs. Just need couple of big 20 run overs and I think they can do it

Oh my god, I can't beleive my eyes... They both here tryna prove a point..... We might have a miracle today, I will declare this day as the black day in history of T20 if they do it. haha

oh my god a 6 by Dravid? I suspect something fishy here.... Did they take steroids today by any chance? Check their Pee after the match...

Lil_weed said:
oh my god a 6 by Dravid? I suspect something fishy here.... Did they take steroids today by any chance? Check their Pee after the match...

Nope!! It was just the bowling of Muttiah Shane Malik! :D

did anyone see Asif appealing just now? lol

This is simply great...RD and Kallis putting up a fight. Delhi win will be all the sweeter if it goes down the wire. :21:

i think v should stop making fun of them otherwise they will win.......
dont hurt the ego's of dravid and kallis......hehehe

Back