Ireland v New Zealand [Super 8s/Match 12] - Updates

Oxy

Hall of Famer
Runs
Match scheduled to start at 13:30 GMT [14:30 BST]

Ireland team
JP Bray, PG Gillespie, DT Johnston, D Langford-Smith, WK McCallan, EJG Morgan, KJ O'Brien, NJ O'Brien, WTS Porterfield, WB Rankin, AR White

New Zealand team
SE Bond, SP Fleming, JEC Franklin, PG Fulton, MR Gillespie, BB McCullum, CD McMillan, HJH Marshall, JDP Oram, SB Styris, DL Vettori

Last edited:
The line from Mumbai wasnt that clear but I predict an upset....

Now this is one match i have absolutely no interest in.

Are the Irish like praying on the field before playing..the unity factor u see

Fleming: "We take Ireland as serious as any team we have been playing.We have had people watching their games, we have videos, and respect is a very key component of how we're going in this tournament. We must respect the opposition and conditions."

The bolded part is the relevant portion. Saying you aren't going to be complacent isn't going to help if you don't back it up. Ireland acquired info on Pakistan from South Africa. They did their homework. Fleming looks like he's done his today.

I didn't watch the last NZ match. How did Mason get injured?

kablooee87 said:
Fleming: "We take Ireland as serious as any team we have been playing.We have had people watching their games, we have videos, and respect is a very key component of how we're going in this tournament. We must respect the opposition and conditions."

The bolded part is the relevant portion. Saying you aren't going to be complacent isn't going to help if you don't back it up. Ireland acquired info on Pakistan from South Africa. They did their homework. Fleming looks like he's done his today.

Someone from the Pakistan team said "They are not a team whose videos we watch"...Pakistan is now watching this game on the TV with keen interest. So is India because they have a tour of Ireland coming up.

inzidabest said:
Someone from the Pakistan team said "They are not a team whose videos we watch"...Pakistan is now watching this game on the TV with keen interest. So is India because they have a tour of Ireland coming up.
Yea those were the comments that really got me worried. I know there were others who were worried too. Some PPers made topics trying to quell the pessimism but attitudes like that made you wonder.

After a couple of matches with decent crowds, we have a virtually empty stadium.

The "dream team" of commentators (Raja and Fernando) is on :( .

No interest AT ALL in this game, what a waste of time it is.

Swing is in the air. Nothing drastic but it's something to work with.

I'm ready to strangle Ramiz if he mentions Rankin's & Fulton's respective heights again....

The Irish aren't bowing horribly but there are too many easy balls to build up any pressure. Runs coming easy.

Last edited:
Fulton's found his timing now. Two more boundaries in that over from him.

30/0 5.0 overs

Rankin gets Fleming!!

35/1 5.4 overs

Funny how the bowler bowling poorly gets the wicket.

Hamish (or Himesh according to Rameez) Marshall in the middle now.

marshall gone!

langford bowls, marshall hits it and Morgan catches him well

59-2, 11 overs have been played in the first innings after NZ won the toss

Styris is the new man in

Last edited:
2 wickets gone. Marshall got a little too comfortable. Didn't time it at all.

Smith with an Irish jig to celebrate.

Hamish Marshall out ct at cover. trying to hit it over but ct at 30 yard circle
NZ 59-2 after 11 overs

kablooee87 said:
2 wickets gone. Marshall got a little too comfortable. Didn't time it at all.

Smith with an Irish jig to celebrate.

are you watching kablooe?

Things looking just a bit dicey for NZ. If they aren't careful, they might find themselves in a situation they won't fancy.

Styris gets away with an edge. Had a swipe at a wide ball. No slips in place. Chance goes begging.

I could give a link.
Man. Ireland playing good for a team that is as good as Zimbawe who are at #10.

Things continue to lean more and more towards Ireland now. RR below 5.

Another wicket or two and it's game on.

I think it is injury. I don't really know.
But I think it is injury cuz he has been playing good in the previous matches.

shahidrazzaq said:
I think it is injury. I don't really know.
But I think it is injury cuz he has been playing good in the previous matches.

hope he's back, he's in my fantasy team :(

Back