"Ireland won because they attacked us throughout the game": Babar Azam

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Babar Azam after today's humiliating loss came up with following explanation:

"We didn't start well in the first 6 overs; the pitch was a bit two-paced and had some bounce. We recovered well after that and got 182 but I think 190 was a par score. But I think we lost due to the bowling and fielding. We didn't execute our plans and had some sloppy lapses in the field which cost us. We attacked in the first six overs but didn't finish well. I think we were ahead in the first 10 overs but not in the last 10 overs. That's why they won because they attacked us."

Will they practice tomorrow?
"Let's see, let's talk with the coach."

The team defenitely needs a rebuild but the cupboard is so bare. I think we may need to wait another 10 years for more players to emerge and just put up with this.

Didn’t watch the match, but if they attacked, why didn’t your team attack and made 225 runs? You need to get out of this 160-180 runs mentality, you don’t have bowlers to defend these totals anymore.

I agree. It was a sticky surface for the first few overs but that cannot be an excuse for losing to Ireland. The main reason for today's loss was poor team selection.
If Babar thinks Shadab is a good spinner then he's not fit to captain even a club side

Fakhar and Babar should learn to attack like the Irish, then. They were way too slow.

What the hell were our bowlers doing when they attacked? Were they playing against an Australian batting lineup?

I dnt understand how Irish players who hardly play cricket can reverse scoop players like Shaheen for 6 off their first ball in the game in pressure situations but our guys who play every league under the sun don't have this ability.

PCB is chill. Babar is a face saver for them. So the blame goes to him. Only fans are getting pies on faces
Their is no face to save, he was a flop as captain before and recycling same rubbish hoping for different results ain't going to happen.

Such humiliation is a regular occurrence under this dummy captain in all formats. PCB are just glutons for punishment

T20 world cup in West indies will be another dumb squib when time comes as well

I agree. It was a sticky surface for the first few overs but that cannot be an excuse for losing to Ireland. The main reason for today's loss was poor team selection.
If Babar thinks Shadab is a good spinner then he's not fit to captain even a club side
Bro even if you give them a dry GT Road they will see off the new ball in PP. It’s all in the brain.

Bro even if you give them a dry GT Road they will see off the new ball in PP. It’s all in the brain.
They were not blocking in PP today actually. Both saim and Babar were going for it but it was difficult to time the ball.
Pitch settled as the game progressed.
Could be the reason why Ireland chose to bowl first after winning toss.

Shadab has been a huge factor in our losses for quite a while now

They were not blocking in PP today actually. Both saim and Babar were going for it but it was difficult to time the ball.

Lol at the excuses

At one point saim was striking at 150+ why was babar striking at 110? Babar playing on a different pitch?

Last game is probably the only game he played with a decent rate

Let's not forget pakiatan has the lowest strike rate in the power play from all teams

And guess who has been opening in the last few years?
Don't compare with other teams. We are way way behind.
What was Pak's strike rate in PP before Rizbab? How can we forget the days of 35/3 in 6 overs!
Wasnt babar the opener when Pak rose to no..1 under Sarfraz?

Babar is like KL Rahul

Both deluded idiots who think every pitch is two-paced.
Who will be our Goenka to dish out the belt treatment of King Babar.

video-kl-rahul-gets-a-dressing-down-from-lsg-owner-sanjiv-v0-EKHXw5CmeMA6227Y-2ddNqcsfyUic9Hhh8VNE4V3K3g.jpg

Gary Kristen or Mohsin BigM Naqvi?

@Rana @topspin @mominsaigol

"Both Saim and Babar were going at it"?????

What???

At one point, Saim was playing with a strike rate of 160 in PP while Babar's strike rate was below 100.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't compare with other teams. We are way way behind.
What was Pak's strike rate in PP before Rizbab? How can we forget the days of 35/3 in 6 overs!
Wasnt babar the opener when Pak rose to no..1 under Sarfraz?
Yes opener with fakhar who was striking 140+ or babar was 1 down

I've never seen pakistan only making 36 runs in 6 overs under sarfaraz so that's not a fact show me the scorecard

There is a reason why sarfaraz has the best W/L in t20s

Yes opener with fakhar who was striking 140+ or babar was 1 down

I've never seen pakistan only making 36 runs in 6 overs under sarfaraz so that's not a fact show me the scorecard

There is a reason why sarfaraz has the best W/L in t20s
I don't think Pak's PP scores were ever better than what they are these days.

Pakistan can try this. Open with Fakher and Saim give them license. If they fail these two can go at 3 and 4 and consolidate. But overall batting line up is good only for 160 to 170 total. If Pakistan's bowling is negated they will always find themselves 30 to 40 runs short. Pakistan is still relying on their bowlers to make their batting look decent.

I don't think Pak's PP scores were ever better than what they are these days.
“Since 2022, Pakistan is the only Full Member team that has not set a target of 200 in men's T20Is”

How do you not get there if Powerplay batting was never the issue? Who’s been mainly batting in 2022-2024 (January) for Pakistan in the powerplays?

Pakistan can try this. Open with Fakher and Saim give them license. If they fail these two can go at 3 and 4 and consolidate. But overall batting line up is good only for 160 to 170 total. If Pakistan's bowling is negated they will always find themselves 30 to 40 runs short. Pakistan is still relying on their bowlers to make their batting look decent.
What Pakistan should do is load up hitters all the way. Go guns blazing and not care about being bowled out for 120

“Since 2022, Pakistan is the only Full Member team that has not set a target of 200 in men's T20Is”

How do you not get there if Powerplay batting was never the issue? Who’s been mainly batting in 2022-2024 (January) for Pakistan in the powerplays?
Thrice Pak have chased 200+ in history. U do know the name of openers.
Can't blame every ill that affects our cricket on two individuals

Bro, honestly, its a waste of time arguing with the cultists. This guy is a grade A example of that, zero cricketing knowledge and a liar.
I hope you're not so pathetic in real life

And what did your gang do? more interested in aggressively kicking balls up team mates behinds

If you got even 1% izzat left, resign. Sharam Karoh!

Never has a Pakistani captain normalised getting bent by nikkeh kakkeh

Do not under-estimate Ireland. They almost hunte down 225 at Dublin against India. Lost by 4 runs. Same Balbirnie hit 7 sixes. These guys can hit sixes all the way down the order unlike Pakistan. Easy for them to produce game changing over with bat. But they had Josh little as well to go with.

Do not under-estimate Ireland. They almost hunte down 225 at Dublin against India. Lost by 4 runs. Same Balbirnie hit 7 sixes. These guys can hit sixes all the way down the order unlike Pakistan. Easy for them to produce game changing over with bat. But they had Josh little as well to go with.

I am sure Pakistan will lose their group stage game too against Ireland.

Last edited:
Also poor captaincy is what cost us— Ifti should have bowled 1-2 overs instead of Shadab

I am sure Pakistan will lose their group stage game too against Ireland.
Weirdly their structure is suitable for T20 compared to some of the established sides. They have depth. They can keep hitting. Even if two guys come off that will be enough. They may not go bonkers. They can be effective. It is only due to lack of adequate games against top teams they find themselves wanting. Also they do not play a lot of overseas league except one or two.If they get that exposure as well they would be a potent force in T20.

Pakistan 45 dot balls
Ireland 39 dot balls

Out of 45 Babar 17 dot balls.

Babar deliberately decided to bat even slower because of the opponent, thought he could get away with it. Such is his pathetic mentality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Babar: I wasn’t expecting Ireland to attack us throughout the game in T20
What is Babar trying to even say?

Every opposition tries to consistently attack? That's the point isn't it? 😂.

I think this was his worst interview, this surpasses the rizwan magic bat nonsense.

Well, your powerplay was key, toughest conditions but barely a run a ball in the mdoern just won't cut it. Tbf they accelerated after and got you to a decent positiob, but then your middle order caved.

Shadabs over was the key in the end, bizarre seeing Ireland smash a leggie around lol usually we fold

Well, your powerplay was key, toughest conditions but barely a run a ball in the mdoern just won't cut it. Tbf they accelerated after and got you to a decent positiob, but then your middle order caved.

Shadabs over was the key in the end, bizarre seeing Ireland smash a leggie around lol usually we fold
Sadly Shadab isn't a leggie at the moment.

He's an up and down pie chucker.

What is Babar trying to even say?

Every opposition tries to consistently attack? That's the point isn't it? 😂.

I think this was his worst interview, this surpasses the rizwan magic bat nonsense.
He might have wanted to say

“I don’t understand, we don’t attack our opposition throughout the 120 balls in T20, I am surprised Ireland attacked us throughout the game”

Also I gotta say, wow, Azam is disgracefully unfit.

Take Stirling, undeniably overweight and has been his entire career, but a) it doesnt interfere with his style of batting as a stroke player and b) he's an exceptional slip and inner circle fielder (made several great stops today)

Azam, as your keeper, I mean, as we say out here, he ain't fit to even walk ha. The guy is in ludicrous shape, there's overweight and there's obese, the guy is the latter. Least Rakheem Cornwall can bowl spin and slog as an opener, a wicketkeeper late order hitter who cant run is kind of ridiculous

Babar is a worst speaker tbh :ROFLMAO:
He could have said anything?

- We lost because we had poor fielding.
- we lost because we panicked at the end.
- We lost because we were 10 to 20 runs short in the pitch.
- We lost because Ireland players played well and had higher Sr, something pur players can hopefully improve upon.

Instead he says Ireland won because they attacked us. To aur kya karein? In which sport does the opposition not attack? That's the whole of point of a VS battle.

He could have said anything?

- We lost because we had poor fielding.
- we lost because we panicked at the end.
- We lost because Ireland players played well and had higher Sr, something pur players can hopefully improve upon.

Instead he says Ireland won because they attacked us. To aur kya karein? In which sport does the opposition not attack? That's the whole of point of a VS battle.
Yeah that statement was a pure disgrace... I mean, I don't understand what's the mentality of our skipper, giving an argument that the opponent attacked us... Obviously every other team will do the same, so what will you do in response? Raise your hands and say they r attacking us, so we r not playing now. lol

Yeah that statement was a pure disgrace... I mean, I don't understand what's the mentality of our skipper, giving an argument that the opponent attacked us... Obviously every other team will do the same, so what will you do in response? Raise your hands and say they r attacking us, so we r not playing now. lol
Next statement in the 2nd t20.

" we lost because Ireland decided to play cricket with us"

This is what happens when you pick tripe like Abbas Afridi and Azam Khan. I've pretty much stopped following cricket all together, but surely there's better players in the country than the aforementioned.

He wanted to say that…but then he immediately remembered that he was trolled hard for saying “we were 10 runs short on this pitch ” every time Pakistan loses.

Alan Wilkins was on a mission to trap Babar today. He specifically said to him “but you told me at the toss you wanted 180 on the board (you got that mate)”

That’s when Babar knew he was snookered. “190 was par score here” :ROFLMAO:

If Babar captains against SRH, Pakistan will score 170 against them…SRH will chase the total in 8 overs during…and Babar will say we were 10 runs short on this pitch

He wanted to say that…but then he immediately remembered that he was trolled hard for saying “we were 10 runs short on this pitch ” every time Pakistan loses.

Alan Wilkins was on a mission to trap Babar today. He specifically said to him “but you told me at the toss you wanted 180 on the board (you got that mate)”

That’s when Babar knew he was snookered. “190 was par score here” :ROFLMAO:

If Babar captains against SRH, Pakistan will score 170 against them…SRH will chase the total in 8 overs during…and Babar will say we were 10 runs short on this pitch
Bro he could have just said fielding. Or just stated the truth.

I remember the gane where Pakistan played against NZ in the world cup.

All NZ said was, Fakhar played extremly well and we had no answer to him on this day.

It was simple, short and good enough to respect the opposition but also imply thay the next day they'll have an answer for him.

Just say Ireland captained well, fielded better and had a better game plan but it won't work against us a 2nd time. Plain and simple.

What's this natak of, we lost because they won? 😂

Babar is in for a rude awakening when he plays full strength sides that will utterly destroy his will as a captain.

With all due respect, Ireland are decent at best.

Australia, England, South Africa etc have insane hitters who have blatant disregard for any bowler in the world.

These ‘10-20 runs short’ excuses will not fly there, as we might end up being 50 runs short of par score the way they bat.

Babar is in for a rude awakening when he plays full strength sides that will utterly destroy his will as a captain.

With all due respect, Ireland are decent at best.

Australia, England, South Africa etc have insane hitters who have blatant disregard for any bowler in the world.

These ‘10-20 runs short’ excuses will not fly there, as we might end up being 50 runs short of par score the way they bat.

Do you think Babar or his fans care?

As long as Babar hits his 50, they are happy and he is happy.

Even if Pakistan loses.

What matters is this..... we were winning under sarfaraz captaincy

View attachment 143723

T20i records are generally meaningless. Most teams play their C or D team in bilaterals.

It’s only in Pakistan that the full strength team is played and sometimes in India as well, however, in India reason is financial, the channels who pay billions to get media rights put pressure for star players to be in team.

Only in T20 World Cup do you see top players from most teams.

Pakistan’s problem goes way beyond what fans on PP can comprehend, it starts right from the very top of the nation.
Blaming players is easy, however, players are just reflection of the society and system.

Do you think Babar or his fans care?

As long as Babar hits his 50, they are happy and he is happy.

Even if Pakistan loses.

Out of curiosity, What would you change? And do you think the changes you make in the team will make Pakistani team world beaters?

It’s only in Pakistan that the full strength team is played and sometimes in India as well, however, in India reason is financial, the channels who pay billions to get media rights put pressure for star players to be in team.
Even in india ,random guys and t20 aspirants are playing the bilaterals. Therefore the superstars statpadding became the discussion point.

T20i records are generally meaningless. Most teams play their C or D team in bilaterals.

Only in T20 World Cup do you see top players from most teams.

Pakistan’s problem goes way beyond what fans on PP can comprehend, it starts right from the very top of the nation.
Blaming players is easy, however, players are just reflection of the society and system.
India actually sends two separate teams to two different countries. Rohit and Kohli missed over 40 T20 internationals each in the last 2 years. No team takes T20 results seriously. England lost 0-3 in Bangladesh . It was half strength ENgland. I think AUstralia was also whitewashed in Bangladesh. They won the following world T20. Nobody cares about these results. This format itself is a joke format which helps bridge the gap between weaker sides and stronger sides.

Well tbh, Babar was a bit slow..but you can't really blame just him now can you ? He at least managed to score 50+.

The real problem here is his captaincy and the bowling attack.

Pakistan was known to always defend 120-130 at the initial stages of T20. This is when 190-200 used to be a magical figure.

Now that 250 has been breached more than a few times..the equivalent of 120-130 can be deemed as 150-160. Yes this ground was small, but 180 was definitely defendable by Pakistani standards.

Pakistan doesn't have the Sohail Tanvir like smart operator, nor do you'll have a genuine death over or at least decent pacer like Gul. Amir is not as good as how he was back then. Naseem is a good swing bowler..not sure how that would come handy in not so helpful conditions. Shaheen Afridi is at least trying to take wickets, but he has lost his potency due to the drop in pace.

I think Pakistan needs a Mohammad Ali like bowler, and another medium pacer who can keep things quiet (Mir Hamza ?). The spinners are absolutely useless, Shadab needs to be sent up the order and tried for his batting skills against good bowling line ups, and if he doesn't fire. Just fire him.

Pakistan is better off with off spinners like Ifthikar and Imad who at least CAN TRY TO keep it things quiet and then have more batsmen like Abdullah Shafique or Niazi or some random guy who can clear the ropes.

Ireland was attacking so we lost the game in the end, LOL.

What kind of statement is this? Babar should have done something to stop that attack but throughout the whole game, he was seen nowhere. The fielders were pathetic but he utters not a single word to them. No team huddle after getting smoked by the batters. He gave up way too easily. It looked like they wanted to lose the game.

Australia and England have worst economy rate while defending in the last 2 years. But their scoring rate more than compensates for their weak bowling. Pakistan despite having impressive ER while defending batting is not nearly doing its job. The day pakistan bowling goes missing (like in 2023 world cup) they will be badly exposed in this format.

TeamER while defendingW/L RatioScoring Rate
Australia8.6429.87
India8.141.759.40
New Zealand7.731.668.63
England8.651.509.55
South Africa8.591.509.49
West Indies9.040.8579.16
Bangladesh7.800.667.69
Sri Lanka8.490.668.24
Pakistan7.660.607.91

Out of curiosity, What would you change? And do you think the changes you make in the team will make Pakistani team world beaters?

this isn't some sort of factory that you will change the labourers and work will be done

In cricket you have to build a team and some times to build that team it can take years

We have been going with same team for the past 4 years and has it not given us success

After 4 years it's time to get rid of the weakest links, identify young talent from domestic and leagues and develop those players for the future this won't happen with a magic wand overnight like your assuming that everyone here is thinking.

To develop those players, they need to be given opportunities to improve their skills in high level competition like international cricket

Yes they will fail nobody is expecting to bring in a 20 year old and do wonders the next match but will give that 20 year old an opportunity to build and become a player for the future

We are not winning with rizwan and babar anyways atleast going in a building phase will secure pakistans future

You do realise rizwan babar fakhar iftikhar imad amir will be retiring more or less at the sane time giving their ages, shaheen and naseem are already worn out shadab is useless anyways.

How would you fill in that big hole if your not going to develop players for the future

Babar and rizwan don't need to play every single game vs zimbabwe Ireland newzealand school boys and Nepal those games should be for young talent since we don't have ATours

We are going to lose anyways its better losing with trying

Wow Lord Babar the captain

First ever T20 loss vs Zimbabwe
First ever ODI loss vs Afghanistan
First ever T20 loss vs Ireland
Some captains lose to one of those teams, rare ones to two of them, Babar lost against all of them.

Some captains lose to one of those teams, rare ones to two of them, Babar lost against all of them.
I think Pakistan should stop playing so many series against small or C teams. But that happens because during IPL window there's no Cricket for Pakistani players

Back