Is Babar Azam the Sachin Tendulkar of Pakistan?

Jatlahoria

Debutant
Runs
Case for it:
1. Came through the ranks very young with great technique, temperament and hard work.
2. Run accumulator; breaking all previous records
3. Poor captain
4. Poor communicator
5. Loves milestones

Case against it:
1. Tendulkar could play a blinder early on in his career which Babar rarely does
2. Tendulkar gave away captaincy easily
3. Tendulkar did not appear to do yaari dosti team; was more consumed with his own game
4. Tendulkar could bowl well at times
5. Tendulkar was more agile fielder

Last edited by a moderator:
Case for it:
1. Came through the ranks very young with great technique, temperament and hard work.
2. Run accumulator; breaking all previous records
3. Poor captain
4. Poor communicator
5. Loves milestones
Case against it:
1. Tendulkar could play a blinder early on in his career which Babar rarely does
2. Tendulkar gave away captaincy easily
3. Tendulkar did not appear to do yaari dosti team; was more consumed with his own game
4. Tendulkar could bowl well at times
5. Tendulkar was more agile fielder
Tendulkar scored a 42 ball 88 in the 90s.. and many such aggressive innings with 150-200 SR against top top bowlers of the world. Tendulkar was never an accumulator up until 2010s.. in the last phase of his career. But even in 2011 WC he scored run a ball centuries. There is no comparison at all. Tendulkar is one of the most complete batsman of all time.
Babar is poor against spin.. I have never seen him hit a six in first powerplay.. Against genuine pacers.

Tendulkar was not a poor captain.. The stock around him was very very poor. Some what same as Babar but Babar is very stubborn. There are alternative players to be tried but Babar never selects him.

Tendulkar scored a 42 ball 88 in the 90s.. and many such aggressive innings with 150-200 SR against top top bowlers of the world. Tendulkar was never an accumulator up until 2010s.. in the last phase of his career. But even in 2011 WC he scored run a ball centuries. There is no comparison at all. Tendulkar is one of the most complete batsman of all time.
Babar is poor against spin.. I have never seen him hit a six in first powerplay.. Against genuine pacers.

Tendulkar was not a poor captain.. The stock around him was very very poor. Some what same as Babar but Babar is very stubborn. There are alternative players to be tried but Babar never selects him.
Agree, head to head, Tendulkar was in another league. I am comparing what Babar is to Pakistan to what Tendulkar was for India. To me Babar’s position in Pakistan cricket is of confusion or identity crisis. There are futile effort to make his weaknesses into strengths. Should Pakistan just work with his strengths?

Babar shouldn't be the captain. He should play as a batter.

Captaincy destroyed his batting and made him many enemies.

Before he became captain, he was on fire. Scoring tons after tons. He has 19 ODI tons.

I think people who only read about Tendulkar and have not actually watched him play especially in the 90's do not realize what a beast he was.

Sachin terrorized bowlers especially as an opener. There were so many iconic innings he played in the 90's - the desert storm innings against Australia just as an example.

One of my all time favorite innings which encapsulates Sachin's aggression and innings style was his 141 in the Champions Trophy in 1998 against Australia.

I still remember Steve Waugh's post match comments - he simply said - there's nothing much he could have done given the form Sachin was in and it was essentially his team against Sachin.

While Babar is a very good batsman in his own right - opposition teams do not fear him that he can play an innings and take the game by the scruff of its neck - like Sachin did so many times.

I think to some extent we can compare him with Sachin because both were not match winners.

But compring him with kohli is a sin tbh!

I think people who only read about Tendulkar and have not actually watched him play especially in the 90's do not realize what a beast he was.

Sachin terrorized bowlers especially as an opener. There were so many iconic innings he played in the 90's - the desert storm innings against Australia just as an example.

One of my all time favorite innings which encapsulates Sachin's aggression and innings style was his 141 in the Champions Trophy in 1998 against Australia.

I still remember Steve Waugh's post match comments - he simply said - there's nothing much he could have done given the form Sachin was in and it was essentially his team against Sachin.

While Babar is a very good batsman in his own right - opposition teams do not fear him that he can play an innings and take the game by the scruff of its neck - like Sachin did so many times.
Yeah. Even I who has followed most of his career had gotten used to to the touch and timing kind of shots towards the end. You watch his knocks when he was around or under 20. He used to belt the ball. Like really smash it hard. He was very aggressive.

It was very typical of Sachin's innings those days. India was 8 runs for 2 wickets and Sachin just kept blazing away.

Dhaka had a fantastic atmosphere that tournament. While the crowd cheered for India that day. When Pakistan's match was next - the Indian flags went out and the Pakistani flags were in.

Indeed. This tournament was very good.

Agree, head to head, Tendulkar was in another league. I am comparing what Babar is to Pakistan to what Tendulkar was for India. To me Babar’s position in Pakistan cricket is of confusion or identity crisis. There are futile effort to make his weaknesses into strengths. Should Pakistan just work with his strengths?
I don't think there's any head to head. Tendulkar had battles with great bowlers. He won many and lost some. Babar has no battles with any good bowler. He comes, he scores his runs and he goes. His approach doesn't change depending on the bowler either. As many have already said, he's similar to Amla. Great player with great talent but has a ceiling in terms of impact.

I don't think there's any head to head. Tendulkar had battles with great bowlers. He won many and lost some. Babar has no battles with any good bowler. He comes, he scores his runs and he goes. His approach doesn't change depending on the bowler either. As many have already said, he's similar to Amla. Great player with great talent but has a ceiling in terms of impact.

A poor man's Amla though.

Amla has more iconic innings in Tests than Babar.

It was very typical of Sachin's innings those days. India was 8 runs for 2 wickets and Sachin just kept blazing away.

Dhaka had a fantastic atmosphere that tournament. While the crowd cheered for India that day. When Pakistan's match was next - the Indian flags went out and the Pakistani flags were in.
1998 was Sachin's best year, some of the greatest knocks ever, he was never the same after tennis elbow.

Sachin played Wasim Waqar Saqlain Shoaib Mcgrath Ambrose Donald, in later years he played Steyn, one of the best battles in tests Sachin Vs steyn.

Who has Babar scored against at that SR?
Also Gough. I remember he used to toy with the field placings just to annoy Gough who was his friend from county days and one of the few invitees to his wedding when even many from the Indian team weren't invited.

What a weird topic, Babar Azam is a mediocre batsman who has no game awareness and zero tactical ability. Sachin Tendulkar was one of the best batsmen ever, a GOAT of the game.

Some of the hype that Pakistani fans create is seriously delusional,

1. Ahmed Shehzad is better than Virat Kohli
2. Umar Akmal is better than Virat Kohli
3. Babar Azam is better than Virat kohli
4. Babar Azam is pakistan's Sachin Tendulker

Wake up please, in current batting terms Babar Azam is at par with Pathum Nissanka (this is me being generous).

Also Gough. I remember he used to toy with the field placings just to annoy Gough who was his friend from county days and one of the few invitees to his wedding when even many from the Indian team weren't invited.
I have seen a few of his innings live. He was very tactical and used to make the opposition captain's job tougher. He could do that because he had multiple shots to every ball. His game had changed after the tennis elbow injury.

Haven’t surprised by reading title of the thread as already Rameez Raja said “Babar Azam is no less than Don Bradman”. Now you have to think “that Don Bradman” is from Lahore or Karach?

I don't think this thread is comparing Babar with Sachin. It is more of a contribution Babar made for Pakistan. TBH Pakistan had a batter like Babar after a long time that the whole world acknowledges as one of the best batters in the world.

Companions are not to be made here.

I think to some extent we can compare him with Sachin because both were not match winners.

Where do you get such information? Sachin against top teams had an average of 54 and a SR of 89 with 24 Hundreds in matches won in ODIs. This is across 181 innings. How did you come up with the gem that he is not a match winner? The fact is that Sachin provided some blazing starts to India but only for the middle order to squander the starts and lose the games. Babar never does that. Most often he is the reason the team is under pressure as he has wasted quite a lot of deliveries at the start at a low SR.

Don't compare him with God of cricket. Sachin was never a minnow basher and flat track bully. Just look at his record in world events 👍🏻 Sachin was maestro, Babar is clueless.
Sachin was truly a match winner on any type of tracks but he was unlucky to have below par bowlers in his team.

Sachin won India matches against Aus even in Knockout cup, Sharjah, CB series , against Pakistan list goes on and on.

Except the final Sachin contributed heavily in 2003 WC and was Mos..
Do you think Babar will be Mos at age of 30 in ODI wc?

Sachin played Wasim Waqar Saqlain Shoaib Mcgrath Ambrose Donald, in later years he played Steyn, one of the best battles in tests Sachin Vs steyn.

Who has Babar scored against at that SR?
Don't forget Warne and Murali the best spinners of his generation

Sorry - everyone knows my opinion on Sachin, but even I’ll say - babar isn’t fit to lace sachin’s boot.

Haven't seen a better batsman than Sachin, says Viv Richards

Legendary batsman Viv Richards has said that batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar is the best batsman he has ever seen in his life.

"I didn’t see Don (Bradman) but to me, in all my years associated with the game, I haven’t seen a better batsman than Sachin Tendulkar. If there is a better batsman than Sachin, then he hasn't arrived yet," said the legendary batsman on the sidelines of a promotional event at the Queen's Park Oval on Thursday.

Richards was an idol for Tendulkar.

Richards said Tendulkar has achieved every possible thing in his kitty, and rated the Mumbaikar maestro as a "complete cricketer".

"To me the most remarkable thing about Tendulkar is how he has completed the full cycle of his cricketing career, overcoming pain, agony, failures, fatigue, injuries yet continuing relentlessly till the point the circle was complete. He is the most complete package, the cricketer I respect more than anyone else," he said.

Richards said Tendulkar took the right decision by skipping the complete West Indies tour.

"He is 37 and not getting any younger. You have got to respect him for his decision. He has done enough to decide what is best for him. He knows his commitments and the approach he must take for the rest of his career," he said.

Richards, however, feels that Tendulkar’s presence could have done a world of good to the young cricketers of the Caribbean.

"It would have been fantastic for the young boys to just watch him in action; how he prepares his innings; the way he goes about building his knock, overcoming conditions and opponents. It could have been an invaluable experience for our young batsmen," he said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link:

Tendulkar is the better cricket, but we can only judge for sure at the end of Babar's career. Despite his reputation for stad padding he is unlikely to be able to hold a candle to the final boss of stat padders.

However, without a doubt Babar is the better human being. No ball tampering or tax scandals ( so far despite Mubashirs atempts) and no cover ups of racism with selective hearing.

Babar is a collector (stats) of friends rather than match winners.

Tugga said this about Tendulkar's desert storm innings,

"Back-to-back one-day innings in Sharjah, where he got 142 one day. I was the captain and Allan Border was the coach and we had a team meeting after the game. He said, 'Don't worry about that, he can't do that again.' The next day he got a 143 not out. He was playing at a different level and we couldn't really compete. We just didn't know how to get him out," remembered Steve Waugh.

Also, he took 4/38 in the same game in 9.1 overs. If ever, there was a single man defeating another team.

Well if Babar is a stats padder (according to some) than offcoruse he will be compared to Tendulkar who was the father of all stats padder. Like look at him the way he went after his 100th 100, that was clear indication he went after the statistical record.

However, while Tendulkar was caught cheating by tempering the ball, Babar has not cheated as of yet. So at a human level, Babar is better.

Also, he took 4/38 in the same game in 9.1 overs. If ever, there was a single man defeating another team.
Watched that match on TV and loved every bit of it. While Australia was still the best team in the world, they still weren't the ultimate monsters they turned into after the 1999 WC.

Yes, his record is good in every format, Pakistan is playing only with 2 dependable batsman babar & rizwan in all formats, stats say they score the bulk of the runs, whenever Pakistan batting fails all the blame falls on babar than what is the role of other 4 or 5 batsman, cricket is a team game you need contributions from every batsman, that is why he goes into defensive mode when they loose wickets, unfair to say as if he hasn't scored anything, hilarious thing is Pakistan fans want him to be removed from the team in all formats.

Well if Babar is a stats padder (according to some) than offcoruse he will be compared to Tendulkar who was the father of all stats padder. Like look at him the way he went after his 100th 100, that was clear indication he went after the statistical record.

However, while Tendulkar was caught cheating by tempering the ball, Babar has not cheated as of yet. So at a human level, Babar is better.

Tendulkar from 1993 to 2003 probably had the highest strike rate for someone averaging 40 +.

That is impact.

But fans of talentless snails like Misbah simply won't understand.

That's why they rate Babar who bats at a similar rate even now - a good 20 years after Tendulkar's peak.

Tendulkar from 1993 to 2003 probably had the highest strike rate for someone averaging 40 +.

That is impact.

But fans of talentless snails like Misbah simply won't understand.

That's why they rate Babar who bats at a similar rate even now - a good 20 years after Tendulkar's peak.
Funny how you say probably.

Anyways, tendulkar was caught cheating by tempering with the ball. Babar never done that

Anyways, tendulkar was caught cheating by tempering with the ball. Babar never done that

So did Wasim, Waqar,Aaqib and even Imran.

So the entire legacy of Pakistan cricket is based on cheating .

Throw 10 darts at a bunch of ex Pakistani cricketers and you'll probably hit 4 chuckers, 6 tamperers with all of them having fixed the odd match. :dw

Babar should probably learn from his seniors so that he can win at something in cricket like they did

Babar plays cleanly. That's one thing I like about him.

No over the top celebration. No sledging. No dodgy tactics.

I know his captaincy needs work but he is a role model as a cricketer.

Babar plays cleanly. That's one thing I like about him.

No over the top celebration. No sledging. No dodgy tactics.

I know his captaincy needs work but he is a role model as a cricketer.
Offcourse.

Compared to tendu, babar has more integrity because he hasnt been caught cheating like tendu

However, i hope babar doesnt become a stats padder like tendu

Misbah and Babar combined aren't half as good as Sachin. Thru couldn't even dream of playing like Sachin in the 90s.

The 2 biggest statpadders and match losers, soft and selfish to the core with many limitations

So did Wasim, Waqar,Aaqib and even Imran.

So the entire legacy of Pakistan cricket is based on cheating .

Throw 10 darts at a bunch of ex Pakistani cricketers and you'll probably hit 4 chuckers, 6 tamperers with all of them having fixed the odd match. :dw

Babar should probably learn from his seniors so that he can win at something in cricket like they did
This thread is about babar being the tendu. Re read the thread title.

Soo offcourse tendus past antics would be bought up.

Offcourse.

Compared to tendu, babar has more integrity because he hasnt been caught cheating like tendu and is also not a tax chor like tendu aswell.

However, i hope babar doesnt become a stats padder like tendu
Misbah played with a SR of 70, ever saw his masterclass in Mohali.

Babar plays with a similar SR as Sachin despite playing an era where 350 is a par score, the easiest era for batting in history.

This thread is about babar being the tendu. Re read the thread title.

Soo offcourse tendus past antics would be bought up.
Tendu's stature as a batsman is not affected by his alleged tampering .

This was his impact

Between 1994 and 2004,

A ridiculously high average and especially strike rate for his time that no one in that list could match.

Inzi was nowhere near that , let alone Babar the statpadder.

Tendulkar was the most impactful ODI batter in his time. There is no question about it.

Offcourse.

Compared to tendu, babar has more integrity because he hasnt been caught cheating like tendu
But he can go around his team mate who supported him in difficult times and back stab him for captaincy after a shameless showcase of his skills in a worldcup. Epitome of integrity indeed

But he can go around his team mate who supported him in difficult times and back stab him for captaincy after a shameless showcase of his skills in a worldcup. Epitome of integrity indeed
Hey i can say the same about how tendu ditched kambli..

Anyways, why did god of cricket cheated in cricket?

Babar Azam analogy with Tendulkar makes sense that they were the best players in a very mediocre team. Babar Azam is a poor man's Tendulkar at best in that regard.
But there is a huge gulf between the level of achievements and skill. Tendulkar was miles and miles ahead,
Tendulkar single handedly owned World cup games and other multi nation tournaments which are part of cricket folklore, Babar Azam can only fantasize about anything matching that. Tendulkar on crease used to reduce traffic in cities and his wicket would shut down TVs. Even Kohli does not come close to the passion and madness Tendulkar inspired in the 2 decades of 90s and 2000s.

Both mediocre players that were overhyped by shrewd marketers. But Tendulkar had legitimate ATG performances and can objectively be considered one of the greats of the game Babar is mediocre, incoherent and brainless. Both were horrible captains, but Tendulkar and BCCI understood this limitation and didn’t burden Tendulkar with the captaincy.

Babar represents all the follies of modern Pakistan: underachiever, nepotistic, criminally low emotional and intellectual intelligence. Tendulkar in the 1990s heralded a new India that was assertive, proud and insistent. Babar reflects the modern Pakistani state in the sense that’s he’s subdued, confused and lost.

India’s best batsmen are without questions Sunil Gavaskar & Virat Kohli but they have not been marketed as aggressively & intentionally as Tendulkar by the BCCI as an organization and India as a country.

Both are reflections of their countries in different eras.

Both mediocre players that were overhyped by shrewd marketers. But Tendulkar had legitimate ATG performances and can objectively be considered one of the greats of the game Babar is mediocre, incoherent and brainless. Both were horrible captains, but Tendulkar and BCCI understood this limitation and didn’t burden Tendulkar with the captaincy.

Babar represents all the follies of modern Pakistan: underachiever, nepotistic, criminally low emotional and intellectual intelligence. Tendulkar in the 1990s heralded a new India that was assertive, proud and insistent. Babar reflects the modern Pakistani state in the sense that’s he’s subdued, confused and lost.

India’s best batsmen are without questions Sunil Gavaskar & Virat Kohli but they have not been marketed as aggressively & intentionally as Tendulkar by the BCCI as an organization and India as a country.

Both are reflections of their countries in different eras.
If only Babar and PCB can understand Babar’s singular strength as a batsman and don’t burden him with captaincy or making him a brand. If Babar becomes a bigger batsman by doing this, it could inspire generations of Pakistani batsmen like Tendulkar did for India.

Tendulkar is the better cricket, but we can only judge for sure at the end of Babar's career. Despite his reputation for stad padding he is unlikely to be able to hold a candle to the final boss of stat padders.

However, without a doubt Babar is the better human being. No ball tampering or tax scandals ( so far despite Mubashirs atempts) and no cover ups of racism with selective hearing.
Tendulkar from age 16-30 achieved way more then babar age 22-30

One thing ik, Tendulkar has been called the God of cricket by everyone, only other person to have ever shared that title was Don Bradman.

Babar on the other hand isn't called the God of cricket by everyone. Yes a few moronic interviews will pop up especially from rameez raja who will claim Babar is no less then Bradman,

But generally the world wide consensus by everyone who view Babar in a positive light is that he's still behind kohli and needs to catch up and the people who hate bobby want him out of the team.

Whereas Sachin is considered the atg's of atg's by people who like him and even people who hate him can't deny his skills, they can discredit his image by using words like cheater, but it doesn't change the fact that he'd still be on your list of Odi 11 as an opener.

Their is literally no comparison between the 2 beyond cricketing coincidences.

One thing ik, Tendulkar has been called the God of cricket by everyone, only other person to have ever shared that title was Don Bradman.

Babar on the other hand isn't called the God of cricket by everyone. Yes a few moronic interviews will pop up especially from rameez raja who will claim Babar is no less then Bradman,

But generally the world wide consensus by everyone who view Babar in a positive light is that he's still behind kohli and needs to catch up and the people who hate bobby want him out of the team.

Whereas Sachin is considered the atg's of atg's by people who like him and even people who hate him can't deny his skills, they can discredit his image by using words like cheater, but it doesn't change the fact that he'd still be on your list of Odi 11 as an opener.

Their is literally no comparison between the 2 beyond cricketing coincidences.
I think this is also a bad bad comparison, its like there are no other batsmen in between the gulf of Kohli and Babar.
You have to scroll waaaaay down in this list to reach Babar Azam and its not like Babar Azam has played very little games. He is already close to 300+ international games.

Babar Azam is "King of impactless scores"

1720013333888.png

Viv Richards won MOM every 7.51 games and hence his legacy
next is Kohli with 7.91 games per MOM and then Tendulkar at 8.74 games/MOM

Babar Azam gets MOM at the rate of 12.7 games despite being a top order batsman,
Infact Saeed Anwar had MOM rate of 10.07 and many many other opening batsman have far superior impact than Babar Azam,

PlayerGames/MOM
1​
IVA Richards (WI)
7.51​
2​
V Kohli (IND)
7.91​
3​
SR Tendulkar (IND)
8.74​
4​
Sikandar Raza (ZIM)
9.07​
5​
CG Greenidge (WI)
9.08​
6​
JH Kallis (Afr/ICC/SA)
9.11​
7​
PA de Silva (SL)
9.78​
8​
DM Jones (AUS)
9.82​
9​
Shakib Al Hasan (BAN)
9.84​
10​
L Klusener (SA)
10.00​
11​
Saeed Anwar (PAK)
10.07​
12​
DA Warner (AUS)
10.08​
13​
ST Jayasuriya (Asia/SL)
10.10​
14​
BC Lara (ICC/WI)
10.24​
15​
A Symonds (AUS)
10.35​
16​
Q de Kock (SA)
10.38​
17​
MD Crowe (NZ)
10.48​
18​
SR Watson (AUS)
10.59​
19​
KP Pietersen (ENG/ICC)
10.65​
20​
AB de Villiers (Afr/SA)
10.77​
21​
MJ Guptill (NZ)
10.79​
22​
Imran Khan (PAK)
10.96​
23​
AC Gilchrist (AUS/ICC)
11.31​
24​
A Flintoff (ENG/ICC)
11.35​
25​
RT Ponting (AUS/ICC)
11.43​
26​
RG Sharma (IND)
11.43​
27​
SC Ganguly (Asia/IND)
11.46​
28​
SK Warne (AUS/ICC)
11.69​
29​
CH Gayle (ICC/WI)
11.78​
30​
Wasim Akram (PAK)
11.79​
31​
DL Haynes (WI)
11.80​
32​
Yuvraj Singh (Asia/IND)
11.82​
33​
NJ Astle (NZ)
11.85​
34​
KC Sangakkara (Asia/ICC/SL)
11.88​
35​
G Kirsten (SA)
11.92​
36​
V Sehwag (Asia/ICC/IND)
12.06​
37​
GA Gooch (ENG)
12.15​
38​
Shahid Afridi (Asia/ICC/PAK)
12.19​
39​
WJ Cronje (SA)
12.19​
40​
Mohammad Hafeez (PAK)
12.25​
41​
GJ Maxwell (AUS)
12.29​
42​
SM Pollock (Afr/ICC/SA)
12.44​
43​
A Ranatunga (SL)
12.48​
44​
Babar Azam (PAK)
12.70​
45​
KS Williamson (NZ)
12.79​
46​
SPD Smith (AUS)
12.85​
47​
HH Gibbs (SA)
12.89​
48​
JM Bairstow (ENG)
13.05​
49​
RA Jadeja (IND)
13.72​
50​
JE Root (ENG)
13.72​
51​
Mohammad Nabi (AFG)
13.95​
52​
HM Amla (SA/World)
13.96​
53​
SR Waugh (AUS)
14.09​
54​
TM Dilshan (SL)
14.20​
55​
ME Waugh (AUS)
14.31​
56​
MEK Hussey (AUS)
14.38​
57​
GC Smith (Afr/ICC/SA)
14.46​
58​
GD McGrath (AUS/ICC)
14.46​
59​
PR Stirling (IRE)
14.86​
60​
MM Ali (ENG)
14.90​
61​
MN Samuels (WI)
15.00​

Tendulkar from age 16-30 achieved way more then babar age 22-30
Tendulkar was a precocious talent. Perhaps in the top 50 players to ever play the game and challenged his peers like Kallis, Ponting, Lara, Sangakarra.

Babar has sadly not been amongst the best of his era. For a small period of time it looked like he could challenge but from challenging the Fab 4 he is now a couple of tiers below them.

Babar needs to really cash in for the next 6 years to be considered a great.

Tendulkar was a precocious talent. Perhaps in the top 50 players to ever play the game and challenged his peers like Kallis, Ponting, Lara, Sangakarra.

Babar has sadly not been amongst the best of his era. For a small period of time it looked like he could challenge but from challenging the Fab 4 he is now a couple of tiers below them.

Babar needs to really cash in for the next 6 years to be considered a great.
As if he can cash In lol.

Difference between sachin and babar.

- Sachin trained everyday and kept fitness for 40 years, heck he's retired and still kept fit, Babar already looks like he's a 39 year old dad bod uncle.

- Sachin actually worked hard and adapted. When he made his debut at 16, he was terrible in his initial games because he wasnt use to 140-150kph pacers as a 16 year old. However he took advantage of test cricket and took his time and ultimately adapted. And over came his short comings.

Babar on the other hand to this date hasn't fixed his short comings. In the world cup he got out playing the same shot 2x, he still sucks against spin and he consistently makes excuses such as I'm a t20 anchorer meaning he has no will or desire to develop a 5th gear.

He won't improve because he views himself as a complete product whereas even if you asked a 40 year old Sachin at the end of retirement, he'd tell you that he can still improve and isn't a finished product despite already being the God of cricket.

If you consider the losses, captaincy, meek and timid personality, zero charisma, and of course the knack for stats padding and love for statistics, then yes, Babar is the Tendulkar of Pakistan.

This should not be even a question even in Tests .

Outside Karachi and Pindi, Babar averages 38.6 with the bat or something.

A certain poster here thinks that Pindi is the greatest venue ever regardless of the trash pitch it produced 2 years back and thinks anyone who scores on that pitch is a great player.

but didnt Tendulkar as a captain lose two odis to zimbabwe?
Dude, Pakistan dropped a test vs Chigumbura,Utseya, Chatara

- Sachin trained everyday and kept fitness for 40 years, heck he's retired and still kept fit, Babar already looks like he's a 39 year old dad bod uncle.

- Sachin actually worked hard and adapted. When he made his debut at 16, he was terrible in his initial games because he wasnt use to 140-150kph pacers as a 16 year old. However he took advantage of test cricket and took his time and ultimately adapted. And over came his short comings.

Babar on the other hand to this date hasn't fixed his short comings. In the world cup he got out playing the same shot 2x, he still sucks against spin and he consistently makes excuses such as I'm a t20 anchorer meaning he has no will or desire to develop a 5th gear.

He won't improve because he views himself as a complete product whereas even if you asked a 40 year old Sachin at the end of retirement, he'd tell you that he can still improve and isn't a finished product despite already being the God of cricket.
Tendulkar was "terrible" in his first few tests vs pace ? Can you pls.elaborate ?

Within 10 months of his debut, he had played 10 test matches - all of them away from home - and was averaging nearly 42 with one hundred and 4 fifties. All his when he was just 17 !!

I don't see any struggle evidenced in those performances.

And then he toured Australia when he was just 18 and smoked 2 100s - one of them at the holy place of pace bowling- Perth.

Tendulkar was "terrible" in his first few tests vs pace ? Can you pls.elaborate ?

Within 10 months of his debut, he had played 10 test matches - all of them away from home - and was averaging nearly 42 with one hundred and 4 fifties. All his when he was just 17 !!

And then he toured Australia when he was just 18 and smoked 2 100s - one of them at the holy place of pace bowling- Perth.

He's comparing SRT with Babar - a guy who can't buy a run outside of Pindi and Karachi in Tests :rabada2

Nobody can tell the future. There is a difference between your fantasies about what will happen and what will actually happen.

Let's wait and see and give your best wishes and duas to turn it around.

In a way, yes he is Tendulkar of this Pakistan team. He is lone class batter just like Sachin was in 90's for Indian team.
Only difference, maybe is his greed to be powerful captain. 10dulkar gave up captaincy, when he realized he was not a leader material, but just a highly skilled player.

Nobody can tell the future. There is a difference between your fantasies about what will happen and what will actually happen.

Babar has been deceiving though his career, honestly I think Misbah , Malik and Hafeez were better match winners for Pakistan. Babar has shown his peak and its not even close to the greats.
I will simply say that best thing Babar Azam has done is highlight some serious flaws in the ICC player ranking algorithm.
Even Gill reaching top rankings felt weird, but Babar's sustained presence at top ranking despite minimal impact on ground is concerning about the rankings.

Tendulkar

Pros: He was a good batsman who played some good knocks. He often looked like he was up there with the best of his era.
Cons - an awful human being.

Babar
Pros - Very good batsman in ODI format.
Cons - Selfish

Its a lot closer than you guys are making it once you take all factors into account.

Babar has been deceiving though his career, honestly I think Misbah , Malik and Hafeez were better match winners for Pakistan. Babar has shown his peak and its not even close to the greats.
I will simply say that best thing Babar Azam has done is highlight some serious flaws in the ICC player ranking algorithm.
Even Gill reaching top rankings felt weird, but Babar's sustained presence at top ranking despite minimal impact on ground is concerning about the rankings.
He is a top class ODI player but not so much in recent ICC tournaments. His ICC rankings reflect that. Babar has never been ranked that high in test, he is not among the greats of his era in test for sure.

Sachin himself admitted it, the video is on YouTube.

Right, like no one could predict the future on chacha's performance? Did you dua work?

Their certain variables and personality profiles of individuals in place.

Ik full well what will happen based of a person's characteristics.

Just like I can predict that azam khan will never lose weight based of his personality profile, I can confirm the future for babar as well

He is a top class ODI player but not so much in recent ICC tournaments. His ICC rankings reflect that. Babar has never been ranked that high in test, he is not among the greats of his era in test for sure.
Bhai, lets give you a shocker Babar is ranked 3rd in Test Rankings and has been consistently in top 5 for the last two years, has been in top 10 for last 4 years with a Top rating of 882 (which is very high).

I feel there is a flaw that in the rankings. Babar is the case highlighting that. I havent checked the stats in details but if my hypothesis is correct then Babar will have one of the lowest MOM/games ratio among the top batsmen in the rankings during their stay at the top of ICC rankings. Unknowingly Babar might have stumbled into a sort of ranking glitch or maybe its something else.

Bhai, lets give you a shocker Babar is ranked 3rd in Test Rankings and has been consistently in top 5 for the last two years, has been in top 10 for last 4 years with a Top rating of 882 (which is very high).

I feel there is a flaw that in the rankings. Babar is the case highlighting that. I havent checked the stats in details but if my hypothesis is correct then Babar will have one of the lowest MOM/games ratio among the top batsmen in the rankings during their stay at the top of ICC rankings. Unknowingly Babar might have stumbled into a sort of ranking glitch or maybe its something else.
He has been in the top 5 run scorers in the last 2 years, so being ranked in the top 5 isn't a huge surprise.

Ranking has been boosted by playing on some phattas at home.

This was the quote I was referring to.

So Kohli, without being marketed has become one of the most sought after sportsmen globally by admen! lol.

Back