Junaid Khan vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Chromeuser

Tape Ball Star
Runs
Fair enough to start this thread as both are of same age (23) with same handful of matches.
Junaid Khan bowls 10ks faster than Bhuvi who bowls slow and mostly rely on his swing than speed.

According to Pakistan Pundits Junaid seems to be the next big thing to come after M. Amir and can be Wasim type of bowler for Pakistan.

According to Indian Pundits its very eye pleasing and exciting to watch such a swing bowlers to come after ages and he might lead the Indian spearhead after Zaheer Khan.

Give your inputs on how these 2 new bowlers will fair in different countries in future and how much succesfull they will be and who will outperform each other.

Junaid
ODI M- 27 W- 40 Avg - 25
Test M- 9 W- 29 Avg - 28

Bhuvi
ODI M- 11 W- 14 Avg - 29
Test M- 4 W- 6 Avg - 39

Junaid is the better bowler because of his extra pace, otherwise they are both quite similar.

Stupid thread...

Bhuneshwars average is inflated by playing against a weak pak lineup...he is a run of the mill trundler a la kulasekera and will be exposed in the next year or so.

JK has disappointed this champs trophy but is hands down the most exciting young bowler in world cricket right now.

End of Topic.

Stupid thread...

Bhuneshwars average is inflated by playing against a weak pak lineup...he is a run of the mill trundler a la kulasekera and will be exposed in the next year or so.

JK has disappointed this champs trophy but is hands down the most exciting young bowler in world cricket right now.

End of Topic.
McClenaghan?...

McClenaghan?...

JK imo is a better bowler. His performances in dead Indian Pitches against a top class lineup speak for themselves.

McClenaghan is a serious serious find tho....rooting for NZ for the next 10 days or so and think he is gonna play a major part. Super lid as well :afridi:lee

Junaid Khan is overhyped. Still has a lot to learn and lot to prove. He looks completely ineffective against batsmen who are in form.

Junaid Khan is overhyped. Still has a lot to learn and lot to prove. He looks completely ineffective against batsmen who are in form.

being 1 of the 2 opening bowlers who have almost every opposition 3 down for 30 after 10 overs is being overhyped, I believe ya bro :lee

Like any seamer on flat pancake tracks...

Even Steyn is half as effective in ODI cricket these days..

#batsmansgame

Average of 17 and has played against SA in SA and England in England... He's a genuine wicket taker.

yeah he is... but not the best young fast bowler ATM IMO, certainly among the best though.

lol No comparison at all. B.Kumar reminds me P.Kumar a bit and is only dangerous when the ball swings. He doesn't have pace like Junaid Khan. Plus he's very skinny whereas Junaid has a strong upper body and gets that extra bit of power into his deliveries. B.Kumar has some nice tricks but I'm afraid he will be another Inshant Sharma where so much promise but then DOWN!!!

Last edited:
stupid thread ,junaid is miles better .kumar can only thrive in swinging conditions

BKumar is hardworking but he lacks the requisite talent/physique of a fast bowler, he is bound to go down , I realy feel for the guy. On the other Juanid is one of the few Geniune fast bowlers in the world.

JK imo is a better bowler. His performances in dead Indian Pitches against a top class lineup speak for themselves.

Pitches were dead??? :msd
As I have already told Pakistan were very much lucky to get such pitches (which were far worser than England, Australian pitches) in India and were bowling first.

Because of few stupid trolls good PP posters have to :facepalm: their faces after dissapointing performances and tours.
Keep your feet grounded :--Dhawan :msd

As I have already told Pakistan were very much lucky to get such pitches (which were far worser than England, Australian pitches) in India and were bowling first.

Because of few stupid trolls good PP posters have to :facepalm: their faces after dissapointing performances and tours.

guy has 3 5fers in test cricket already, all of them on the super lively tracks of SL and UAE.

Lol comparing a Pakistani bowler to an Indian one is a touchy topic for Pakistanis :))

lolz...Junaid all the way

just because didn't get much wickets in these 3 matches in CT doesn't mean he bowled bad.

even any newbie whom watched the games could tell that.

not saying Bkumar is a bad bowler...he's pretty effective in seaming conditions and best of indian pacers (no pun)....but still no match for Junaid

BKumar is hardworking but he lacks the requisite talent/physique of a fast bowler, he is bound to go down , I realy feel for the guy. On the other Juanid is one of the few Geniune fast bowlers in the world.

Does Junaid have better physique than Bhuvi :facepalm:
Also u said Bhuvi lacks talent. :akhtar

Lol comparing a Pakistani bowler to an Indian one is a touchy topic for Pakistanis :))

yes mate, because we have had enough of comparing the Pathans and the Zaheers to :wasim, when they aren't even fit to tie his laces.

Dude JK is better and I think we all know it.. there's no point making a thread like this unless you want some sort of jinxing :umarakmal :kohli

Dude JK is better and I think we all know it.. there's no point making a thread like this unless you want some sort of jinxing :umarakmal :kohli

I have the same feeling, that Chromeuser wants to jinx our newest sensation. :junaid

I think, it would be better to compare Bhuvi with Asad Ali.

I am very much sure that Asad Ali is at par (or even better than Bhuvi). Sadly, he didn't get a chance due to the fact that Wahab Riaz could also bat a bit.

Nevertheless, it would not surprise me if Asad Ali beats Junaid khan's average in ODIs. Not that he is better than Junaid, but due to the reason that he has that wicket taking capabilities.

Good Physique for a Fast bowler doesnot mean you need to be hulk Hogan. Junaid is much stronger and fitter guy than Bhuvi(who seems a bit mal nourished ). Yes, lack of talent was bit harsh on him.

Aik match Kya jeet liye orgasms shuru..looks like people forgot the last indo pak series in which junaid showed what he is capable of ..kumar is a good bowler no doubt but he is nowhere near to junaid's calibre

Aik match Kya jeet liye orgasms shuru..looks like people forgot the last indo pak series in which junaid showed what he is capable of ..kumar is a good bowler no doubt but he is nowhere near to junaid's calibre

:))):))

The biggest difference is Kumar generally only bowls at the beginning, hardly ever at the death or later when wickets or the flow of runs need to be controlled. Hence he hardly ever completes his quota of overs.

The biggest difference is Kumar generally only bowls at the beginning, hardly ever at the death or later when wickets or the flow of runs need to be controlled. Hence he hardly ever completes his quota of overs.
Or he bowls 10 out straight, its hard to rate a bowler who is so restricted to relying on the new ball that you have to use his 10 at once or use up his overs before the death and powerplay bowling... :msd

Last edited:
Kumar relies on swing , I do not think he will be effective in late overs or mid overs.
With 2 new balls been used I guess he can be bowled for 7 - 8 straightaway.

This is like comparing Umar Akmal to Virat Kohli. One set of players are just a poor man's version of their superior counterparts.

Junaid is miles ahead of Young Bhuvi who mind it a very decent prospect. I am sure their is no debate on it and Bhuvi still has to prove himself in various condition and format so bit early and unfair to him as well.

My worry is Junaid length. Ever since we embarked on the tour of SA he has been guilty of bowling it bit short while that length might work in low bounce pitches but in these conditions and Pitches he must pitch up.

I wonder what are coaches for?

Those were good pitches. The bad ones seemed to have been exported to England.

He picked 1 wicket in 3 matches in CT and couldnt do much in bowler friendly conditions in SA.

has 3 5fers in test cricket all on the super supportive tracks of SL and UAE. bowled well in SA too, if you saw the series and not only stats. are you trying to imply that Bhuv is better than :junaid? also, I hope you remember aanay do series.

Junaid's current problem is he trying to compete for pace & lenght against the likes of Irfan and Wahab. He needs to stick to his strengths.

Was Junaid bowling 145km+ yesterday? I swear all 3 of Pakistans pacers clocked 145km+...

has 3 5fers in test cricket all on the super supportive tracks of SL and UAE. bowled well in SA too, if you saw the series and not only stats. are you trying to imply that Bhuv is better than :junaid? also, I hope you remember aanay do series.

Forgot aane do, your boys got thrashed in World Cup, Asia Cup, World T20 and Champions trophy. Comfort yourself at night thinking about that measly 3 odi series because that's the only thing you will ever win. :msd

Forgot aane do, your boys got thrashed in World Cup, Asia Cup, World T20 and Champions trophy. Comfort yourself at night thinking about that measly 3 odi series because that's the only one you will ever win. :msd

71-50 ODI matches. you guys can stay happy with ICC tourneys, whereas we go away with the head to head record :yk

Junaid's current problem is he trying to compete for pace & lenght against the likes of Irfan and Wahab. He needs to stick to his strengths.

Here, I seriously loath the coaching staff and think tank(if they have any). Junaid must be told clearly what
team wants from him and his role. This lad is too young and gem of a bowler to be wasted

Re: Junaid Khan Vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Junaid is ahead ATM. But B Kumar seems to have something resembling a brain which could help him be successful. :sami

I would advice JK to slow down a bit and bowls b/w 135-140k and concentrate on inswing and then surprise the batsmen by effort delivery (143-145k) rising from a good length and moving away from a right hander , trust me he will get loads of edges using this tactic.

j.k is a high quality paceman in all formats, kumar looks handy though

The more you post, the more the gap between Junaid and BK lessens, you're falling into the OPs trap! :msd

Taking a leaf out of Pakistani batsmen defender's book:

BK is infinitely more talented than Junaid, potential-wise BK is miles better than JK.

JK has the cushion of world class bowlers around him but BK don't have that luxury, otherwise he would have out-performed JK by now.

BK is effective in all tracks but JK is FTB, only takes wickets in flat tracks.

P.S: Junaid has been found out, Sami 2.0

Last edited:

BK is infinitely more talented than Junaid, potential-wise BK is miles better than JK.

JK has the cushion of world class bowlers around him but BK don't have that luxury, otherwise he would have out-performed JK by now.

BK was effective in all tracks but JK is FTB, only takes wickets in flat tracks.

Woah , wouldn't that make him ahead of BK already? Cuz Even Steyn struggles on flat tracks in ODis.

[/B]

Woah , wouldn't that make him ahead of BK already? Cuz Even Steyn struggles on flat tracks in ODis.

The answer is in the first line of my post that you quoted. :)

TBF this is how we felt when you compare your batsmen to ours, it feels nice to give back some :)

BK is effective in all tracks but JK is FTB, only takes wickets in flat tracks.

P.S: Junaid has been found out, Sami 2.0

please tell me what are you smoking these days? :yk

JK has been found out in Champions trophy. He has a lot to do before he can be labeled as a good bowler. He was primarily hyped by desperate Pakistani fans after that ODI series win in India. 1 wicket in 3 matches from the pace spearhead of a team that claims to have the best bowling attack in the world? I am not even sure if he is one of the top ten pace bowlers in the world right now.

BK has to perform consistently against all oppositions in different conditions and has a long way to go. I would rate JK as a much better bowler than BK at this point.

JK has been found out in Champions trophy. He has a lot to do before he can be labeled as a good bowler. He was primarily hyped by desperate Pakistani fans after that ODI series win in India. 1 wicket in 3 matches from the pace spearhead of a team that claims to have the best bowling attack in the world? I am not even sure if he is one of the top ten pace bowlers in the world right now.

BK has to perform consistently against all oppositions in different conditions and has a long way to go. I would rate JK as a much better bowler than BK at this point.

three matches and he's been found out? no wonder India never had decent pacers.

It looked to me he was putting in extra effort to bowl fast and couldn't move the ball much because of that.
Averaged 141,140 and 140 in the 3 Matches with a Top speed of 146.9,147.0 and 145 in the 3 Matches but, it has to be said he should look to get more movement than pace.

Re: Junaid Khan Vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

I remember some desperate fans made a thread about Kumar and how he has been found out after a couple of mediocre games. Pure spite really. The guy is still going strong. Same goes for Junaid. IMO, he is better than Amir who after one series became the next Wasim. Imagine if Ashraful had been caught fixing after his debut ton against likes of Vaas, Murali in his teens, he would have been termed the next Don. But we know what happened later.

Lol! You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. 3 matches doesn't prove anything. Junaid Khan is one of the top pacers in the world at the moment.

BK is a good bowler,ability to swing it both ways n decent accuracy.The thing I like most hes very clever and uses his brains to plot dismissal.That imo sort of makes up for lack of pace

Junaid is much better though.

:))):)) what a joke that is! Shoaib Akhtar, Asif, Amir, heck even Gul is much better!

Joke is on you, pal. Amir is just a rookie who just had promise. Dont compare a stalwart like Zaheer to a kid.

Umar Gul is a mediocre test bowler.

Zaheer Khan played most of his career on flat tracks in India and has picked 295 wickets which is higher than Akhtar. Anderson who has similar stats to him is considered a great bowler and he played all his cricket in bowler friendly conditions.

Zaheer also was a major contributor for our World Cup win in 2011.

Joke is on you, pal. Amir is just a rookie who just had promise. Dont compare a stalwart like Zaheer to a kid.

Zaheer Khan played most of his career on flat tracks in India and has picked 295 wickets which is higher than Akhtar. Anderson who has similar stats to him is considered a great bowler and he played all his cricket in bowler friendly conditions.

you have conveniently ignored the other bowler I mentioned, Mohammad Asif.
Zaheer Khan averages 33 in tests, which is not that far behind Gul. Maybe by your standards he is a legend of some sort but an unfit hack like himself would at best make domestic sides in Pakistan. Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif both average 25 runs per wicket, your argument stands worthless. If Gul is mediocre, then Zaheer is just as mediocre.

Gul played on the same tracks and hasn't even had home support for quite a while now and has the same stats. I would take Gul over Zaheer anyday.

Zaheer only got so many wickets because of a free ride in the team. Same reason why Afridi got 7000+ runs and 300+ wickets in our team.

Zaheer Khan averages 33 in tests, which is not that far behind Gul. Maybe by your standards he is a legend of some sort but an unfit hack like himself would at best make domestic sides in Pakistan. Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif both average 25 runs per wicket, your argument stands worthless. If Gul is mediocre, then Zaheer is just as mediocre.

ZAHEER is to Indian bowling

like Misbah is to Pakistan's batting

solved!!

I didnt mention him because I dont feel comfortable talking about cheats. In any case, he played only 23 tests whereas Zaheer played 88 tests. Zaheer has been consistent for a longer while and picked more wickets.

Zaheer played mostly on slow, low tracks in India where spinners pick most of the wickets. These wickets are much different to wickets in Pakistan. So its stupid to compare averages.

For instance, Kumble picked 600 wickets and Harbhajan picked 400 wickets in tests. There hasnt been a single Pak spinner who picked 300 wickets in tests.

We also had legendary spinners like Bedi, Chandrasekhar, Prasanna, Venkatraghavan.

Hell, Ashwin and Ojha have close to a hundred wickets and they are only 26.

Last edited:
I didnt mention him because I dont feel comfortable talking about cheats. In any case, he played only 23 tests whereas Zaheer played 88 tests. Zaheer has been consistent for a longer while and picked more tests.

Zaheer played mostly on slow, low tracks in India where spinners pick most of the wickets. These wickets are much different to wickets in Pakistan. So its stupid to compare averages.

For instance, Kumble picked 600 wickets and Harbhajan picked 400 wickets in tests. There hasnt been a single Pak spinner who picked 300 wickets in tests.

We also had legendary spinners like Bedi, Chandrasekhar, Prasanna, Venkatraghavan.

Hell, Ashwin and Ojha have close to a hundred wickets and they are only 26.

The part in bold clearly shows that you have little to no knowledge, first of all Pakistanis are not playing in Pakistan any more, playing in UAE. Secondly, tracks in Pakistan are just as bad or even worse than India for fast bowling. I really don't know why you are arguing over your fast bowlers being better than ours, its like comparing Pak batsmen to Indian batsmen. Zaheer got so many wickets because he played so many tests.

Really don't understand the obsession that people have over a guy who averages a pathetic 33+ in test cricket seeing how a guy with similar stats is being bashed for still being in our team.

The part in bold clearly shows that you have little to no knowledge, first of all Pakistanis are not playing in Pakistan any more, playing in UAE. Secondly, tracks in Pakistan are just as bad or even worse than India for fast bowling. I really don't know why you are arguing over your fast bowlers being better than ours, its like comparing Pak batsmen to Indian batsmen. Zaheer got so many wickets because he played so many tests.

There is a clear difference in the nature of wickets. We play mostly on dust bowls where spinners pick most of the wickets. Seamers dont have much to do. Even Australian pacers in the recent test series couldnt pick any wickets even though they get a lot of wickets at home.

Seamers bowl only 6-7 overs to lose the shine in India and spinners come on. Sometimes, even spinners open the innings. Even reverse swing is not that effective in India because of slowness of the track.

One of the reasons why there is a vast difference in the quality of spinners between Ind and Pak as I mentioned before. Pak doesnt have a single spinner who picked 300 wickets in tests.

Despite this, Zaheer has picked 295 wickets in tests. That clearly puts him in the category as one of the great seamers.

Last edited:
There is a clear difference in the nature of wickets. We play mostly on dust bowls where spinners pick most of the wickets. Seamers dont have much to do. Even Australian pacers in the recent test series couldnt pick any wickets even though they get a lot of wickets at home.

Seamers bowl only 7-8 overs to lose the shine in India and spinners come on. Even reverse swing is not that effective in India because of slowness of the track.

One of the reasons why there is a vast difference in the quality of spinners between Ind and Pak as I mentioned before. Pak doesnt have a single spinner who picked 300 wickets in tests.

Despite this, Zaheer has picked 295 wickets in tests. That clearly puts him in the category as one of the great seamers.
this clearly shows a lack of knowledge, Pakistani and UAE tracks are as worse for fast bowling as Indian tracks.
Okay Zaheer is better than :wasim:waqar:ik:akhtar:asif:amir:junaid:irfan combined, happy?

Extra pace of JK will be a factor in test matches. BK needs to be able to bowl at 140kph to become a really dangerous bowler on all conditions. He can get away with his speed in ODIs.

this clearly shows a lack of knowledge, Pakistani and UAE tracks are as worse for fast bowling as Indian tracks.
Okay Zaheer is better than :wasim:waqar:ik:akhtar:asif:amir:junaid:irfan combined, happy?

When we are talking about wickets in India, we are talking not just about flat tracks but pitches where there is very little bounce and carry and are slow paced. Which means even if you get a bit of swing, reverse swing it wont be enough to beat the batsmen because they have enough time to adjust.

They are tailor made for spinners. There is a vast difference.

When we are talking about wickets in India, we are talking not just about flat tracks but pitches where there is very little bounce and carry and are slow paced. Which means even if you get a bit of swing, reverse swing it wont be enough to beat the batsmen because they have enough time to adjust.

They are tailor made for spinners. There is a vast difference.

mayray bhai Pakistan and UAE also have the very same spinner-favouring tracks, but our fast bowlers are just too awesome to let spinners take a lot of wickets.

Junaid is raw talent and a physically gifted athlete. Bhuvi unfortunately doesnt even look like a quickie but his sheer dedication and hardwork makes him reliable for a team like India. Surely on dry pitches he would struggle coz of lack of pace but in good conditions, he can be quite lethal and get into the McGrath zone if you know what i mean.

mayray bhai Pakistan and UAE also have the very same spinner-favouring tracks, but our fast bowlers are just too awesome to let spinners take a lot of wickets.

They may assist spin but not like tracks in India which turn square from day one. Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai tracks are usually nightmares for batsmen who are not perfect in their technique against spin. These are the kind of pitches where seamers dont have a lot to do.

Last edited:
three matches and he's been found out? no wonder India never had decent pacers.

Wait, weren't you the one calling Kohli as Junaid's bunny, based on.........wait for it.............3 matches? And when I said the sample was too small, you didn't agree?

Back