Khuda Ke Liye (In the Name of God) - A Pakistani movie by Shoaib Mansoor

Hash said:

:))) :)))

yaar really i dont know lhr isb rwp mai kab aye gi.
1st time i saw this movie in Prince cinema and 2nd time in CINEPLEX ....u know what Anwar maqsood's family was there too..bilal maqsood...zubaida tariq and others :) they also really enjoyed the movie. :25:

Last edited:
desi farts are the worst man :))

I asked the 'yaar' at the local DVD shop and he said it will be two weeks before it arrives.

mamoo gogo said:
from where?
Pakmusic, bwtorrents... if i find the link i will post it here. but its not really good quality. i haven't watched it there yet. Im waiting for a better quality version.

Hash said:
desi farts are the worst man :))

I asked the 'yaar' at the local DVD shop and he said it will be two weeks before it arrives.
Yaar sorry wo orginal dvd nahi hai..kishi ne cinema mai cam say banai hai :10:

well it looks like pakistani film industry is on the right path now and some interesting films are releasing.

ary have now also made there own film, the trailor is running all the time on there channels its called godfather and looks like a slick action film with some indian actors, arbaz khan and vinod khana, release date is shown as eid.

also if you watched kkl you would have also seen the trailor for the new punjabi film (forgot the name) but its been directed by Khalil-ur-Rehamn Qamar and looked pretty decent,

kabie pyare na karna is another high budget flick which is completed and ready to release,

also there is the zoombie film called zibakhana, which was posted on pp a few times before, its another good looking film and is suppose to release in cinemas soon,
there is also botal gali, trailor on youtube from the maker of daira.

syed noor is also ready with his next film after his blockbuster majajan, 'jhoomer'

the bigest film ill guess will be jaweid shieks next, khule asmain ke neechay which is scheduled to release on eid.

this is surly the major and revival year of the film industry.

earlier main ek din lout ke au ga did good business in pakistan too and will release in the uk on 24th this month,

Last edited:
Many films are ready to be released but...
Cinema shortage in Pakistan..!
Many films are box office hits this year. But the film distributes are facing a big problem now - many completed films could not be screened due to shortage of cinemas in the country. A new cinema DHA was inaugurated in Lahore recently and some other closed cinema will open again. Rattan, Mubarak, Mehfil, Naz, Crown and Al-filah are some of them. But there is desperately need for more cinemas for the booming film business in Pakstan.

suhaib said:
well it looks like pakistani film industry is on the right path now and some interesting films are releasing.

ary have now also made there own film, the trailor is running all the time on there channels its called godfather and looks like a slick action film with some indian actors, arbaz khan and vinod khana, release date is shown as eid.

also if you watched kkl you would have also seen the trailor for the new punjabi film (forgot the name) but its been directed by Khalil-ur-Rehamn Qamar and looked pretty decent,

kabie pyare na karna is another high budget flick which is completed and ready to release,

also there is the zoombie film called zibakhana, which was posted on pp a few times before, its another good looking film and is suppose to release in cinemas soon,
there is also botal gali, trailor on youtube from the maker of daira.

syed noor is also ready with his next film after his blockbuster majajan, 'jhoomer'

the bigest film ill guess will be jaweid shieks next, khule asmain ke neechay which is scheduled to release on eid.

this is surly the major and revival year of the film industry.

earlier main ek din lout ke au ga did good business in pakistan too and will release in the uk on 24th this month,

wow thanks for all the names dude! im going to watch them... hopefully Pakistan can make their cinema industry bigger and it will eventually help Pakistan gain more money and fame around the world. I like the idea of Indian actors... its a good bait to lour people to watch the films.

main problem with Paksitani film indutry is that they don't plan things very well. they are not good at marketing their films. I have couple of Paksitani channels, and there were no trailers of KKL before it's release and neither other movies have any trailers.
and once movie is released, they should release it on DVDs too.

Asim2Good said:
main problem with Paksitani film indutry is that they don't plan things very well. they are not good at marketing their films. I have couple of Paksitani channels, and there were no trailers of KKL before it's release and neither other movies have any trailers.

I think Geo had exlusive rights to this because every 5 mins they were showing a KKL trailer.

Hash said:
I think Geo had exlusive rights to this because every 5 mins they were showing a KKL trailer.

I know it's Geo film productions, but they need to give trailers to other channels as well and do promotion work on different channels to promote movie.
What Indians do is they start promotion work well 2 months before movie release, music is launched, trailers keep running whole day on every channels, and 7-10 before release, they startto have interview with ppl associated to that film, talk abt making etc etc.

I am dying to see the film in USA in cinemas but its not out anywhere! Can anyone provide me with a good link to download it? I swear I would pay to watch in theatres but I am helpless!

iZeeshan said:
I am dying to see the film in USA in cinemas but its not out anywhere! Can anyone provide me with a good link to download it? I swear I would pay to watch in theatres but I am helpless!

Just be patient. It will come out in America eventually.

Asim2Good said:
I know it's Geo film productions, but they need to give trailers to other channels as well and do promotion work on different channels to promote movie.
What Indians do is they start promotion work well 2 months before movie release, music is launched, trailers keep running whole day on every channels, and 7-10 before release, they startto have interview with ppl associated to that film, talk abt making etc etc.

well its a shoman production not a geo production, geo only have distribution rights of the film.

and here in pakistan there are television channels involved in distribution, and with the big rivaly between geo and ary. dnt expect other channels or shall i say your eniemies to promote your stuff.
now you can see the new film godfather by ary is only being shown on ary channels, ofcourse they are lucky as ary has a whole chain of channels.

Asim2Good said:

You have to realize that there is no such thing as Pakistan film industry. They have no network of distributors outside Pakistan or anything like that. Same goes for the lack of marketing machine. So cut these guys some slack. By the sounds of it, they have made an interesting movie, but a lot of other factors are beyond their capability

an interview with Amercian actress in movie, taken from another site.

280_interview_a.jpg

Wow, GOD! This movie is amazing! My dad and I absolutely love it. Still about an hour to go. At the trial part right now. Loving it. ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT!

Am I overrating this movie?

just finished watching it... I must say AMAZING MOVIE!! such a huge impact on the audience, much much better than bollywood movies. Kinda sad, but thats what they were trying to portray. Loved the movie and Iman ali was amazing... i think im in love...

Have to say though, Iman Ali's 'father' in the movie could do with some acting lessons.

Is Iman Ali daughter of Abid Ali ? Who is fantastic drama actor and have given some great dramas ?

Asim2Good said:
Is Iman Ali daughter of Abid Ali ? Who is fantastic drama actor and have given some great dramas ?

yes she is

aha, finally can get to watch this this weekend..i hope my prejudices are not realised..

Fawad: Itni jaldi ja rahy hain? Thuri dair aur ruk jain.

Imaan's Father: Ruk tu jata mager Toilet saaf nahi hai idher
hourra.gif
tbaby1.gif

even though he could have done better, i think it was the right choice to put him in the role.

suhaib said:
even though he could have done better, i think it was the right choice to put him in the role.
yeah good casting, he looked like the perfect man for the job... :)))

oh and shaan need to work out a bit. he looks like he is built but he isn't...

Plasma said:
oh and shaan need to work out a bit. he looks like he is built but he isn't...
I don't know why he has to work out buy
Zechariah said:
shan just had triplets today, from his wife of course :p
does he really need to work out???

Just a lil question:

What happens in Khuda Ke Liye, is that really what's happening in Pakistan these days?

iZeeshan said:
Just a lil question:

What happens in Khuda Ke Liye, is that really what's happening in Pakistan these days?

which part?

Forced marriages? Yep, they happen. Not a lot, but they do happen.
Mullahs rampaging through concerts and smashing everything up? Might have happened once or twice.

Hash said:
which part?

Forced marriages? Yep, they happen. Not a lot, but they do happen.
Mullahs rampaging through concerts and smashing everything up? Might have happened once or twice.
The Mullahism. What the Mullah that Sarmad met, what he did. The ending, where Sarmad was making the Azan and the other guy took the mice from him?

iZeeshan said:
Just a lil question:

ofcourse, it shows the torn apart society that exists in pakistan.

many of the scenes are straight out monsoors life, like mullahs smashing up a concert, happened at a vital signs concert once and how mullahs radicalize people.

The Mullahism. What the Mullah that Sarmad met, what he did. The ending, where Sarmad was making the Azan and the other guy took the mice from him?

yup its all real..actually its not really a film its actually a factual documentary...i mean these guys really exist!!..the evil Mullah, the poor foolish confused ex singer, the poor westernised girl from england!!..sub such hay...sara mullah ka kusoor hay!! oh by the way ive seen the whole film at last!!...listen mate i used to go to the masjid in my street...the only time i ever saw anyone remotely western dressed was on jummah!!...otherwise only mazdoor tabqa and oldies visited the masjid!...if yu have a ranch in raiwind and play music i doubt youre gonna be visiting the masjid regularly...plus we all know what goes on at farmhouses in pakistan!!...this film should be seen as one mans opinion not a realistic scene by scene assessment of what happens in pakistan!!

What about the story about Prophet Dawud and his "music" thta was implemented. Is that true?

What about the story about Prophet Dawud and his "music" thta was implemented. Is that true?

thats a misrepresentation of Hazrat Dawuds PBUH 'S abilities...using this example Hazrat Bilal RA would also be classed as a singer then and even Hazrat Muhammed PBUH would also be classed as a singer!!...the court case almost felt like a sermon from shoman to all those young men out there...." look you can listen to music, naach gaana, have gori girlfriends but still go to the masjid wearing youre baseball cap"!!!...

anyway my impression of the film, ill write a full review later but briefly some points:

it seems everyone in this film was a hypocrite. From the maulana sahib to iman ali's dad.

the only non hypocrite was sher shah in my opinion who generally stayed true to his character and was straight up..maybe a bit hot headed but not evil!

Iman alis accent was terrible and her acting was ok nothing special.

Shaan did good and his character was also quite interesting. confused, ignorant of the basics of islam but not a bad man etc...I have met many such individuals...dont wanna drink or eat pork but dont pray namaz and have gori girlfirends...

farhans character just seemed a vehicle to beat young muslims who have turned away from secularism with. His choices were just down right idiotic...his choices and the obvious fact that he had kidnapped his cousin and then raped her while thinking it was good in Islam was just silly!!...

the maulana was the typical villian..evil mullah who misguides innocent young secular males into a life of intolerance and wife beating...very stereotypical...

Naseeruddin shahs character got some facts wrong and misrepresented a few things but generally was a good character and his point about iman ali not even being Muslim was interesting.

iman alis dad was a complete moron and a hypocrite of the higest order...

as for the direction, very good, camera work, angles. etc, typical shoman..very good stuff there...direction was spot on...a breath of fresh air when it comes to Pakistani films...i didnt agree with all of his messages but an important point was the need for parents to educate themselves and their children properly!!..

yet to watch this movie.. but looking to do so soon.. is it really good enough to watch?

it is very disappointing that some people have ripped the movie and are encouraging piracy. this makes it difficult for talented, educated people to enter the field because they can't recoup their money. and if they can't do that, people will be hesitant to make good things. and we will continue to whine about the lack of good films.

I live in Canada. there is a real likelihood that the movie will not even make it here at all - but I haven't downloaded it. if it doesn't open here, I will wait to buy the DVD. but it is extremely disappointing that people haven't showed any patience - especially those in the UK and US where the movie was going to open for sure.

I would like to request the mods to edit/remove posts which post illegal links to download this movie. thanks.

the Great Khan said:
thats a misrepresentation of Hazrat Dawuds PBUH 'S abilities...using this example Hazrat Bilal RA would also be classed as a singer then and even Hazrat Muhammed PBUH would also be classed as a singer!!...the court case almost felt like a sermon from shoman to all those young men out there...." look you can listen to music, naach gaana, have gori girlfriends but still go to the masjid wearing youre baseball cap"!!!..

I have learnt a lot about Islam in this thread from you, Sheraz1977 etc. Uncle Sheraz1977 tells me that it is okay to fornicate, it is okay to have girlfriends and change them every six months but it is not okay to make a movie about Islam. now you tell me that Shoaib Mansoor has misused Hazrat Dawud's example to make a point about music among other things.

so, maulana sahib, the question I have is this - does Islam say anything about stealing or is it one of those gray areas where it is silent? because basically what you have done here is stealing. so, please enlighten me on what Islam says about this.

thanks.

Mutazalzaluzzaman Tarar said:
it is very disappointing that some people have ripped the movie and are encouraging piracy. this makes it difficult for talented, educated people to enter the field because they can't recoup their money. and if they can't do that, people will be hesitant to make good things. and we will continue to whine about the lack of good films.

I live in Canada. there is a real likelihood that the movie will not even make it here at all - but I haven't downloaded it. if it doesn't open here, I will wait to buy the DVD. but it is extremely disappointing that people haven't showed any patience - especially those in the UK and US where the movie was going to open for sure.

I would like to request the mods to edit/remove posts which post illegal links to download this movie. thanks.
we have no source except this to watch the movie... if they had released it here in Canada i would gladly pay to watch it... and who know when the dvd is coming out, can't wait that long...

Plasma said:
we have no source except this to watch the movie... if they had released it here in Canada i would gladly pay to watch it... and who know when the dvd is coming out, can't wait that long...

why can't you wait?

Plasma said:

I'm sorry I don't understand why you "can't wait that long". are you going to Africa to do medical research or something? last I checked, you were bored out of your mind. so it didn't seem like you had a lot planned or you were going anywhere in the imminent future where you'd lose contact with the civilized world. so, why exactly can't you wait again?

I am a much bigger Shoaib Mansoor fan than most people on this site. I have followed his work much more closely and for much longer than most. yet I am waiting. it isn't easy but I am. why can't you?

either way, Canada and Canadians aside, I don't understand why Americans and Britishers couldn't wait considering that it is a done deal that movie is coming to the UK and the US.

even leaving the US and UKers aside, what about all the mullahs who constantly lecture kafirs like me about all things that I'm doing wrong? why are they participating in this theft? why don't they follow their religion? or is stealing okay in Islam? I think Islam only addresses two issues - no music and how to ensure that women stay subhuman. I think that is where Islam starts and ends. forget about hard work, decency, honesty and humanity. subhanallah.

There's an interesting development I wanted to bring to people's attention. However, I will do that in the next post. First I want to pose a rebuttal to MT's point about people watching the movie early.

I live in Canada. The movie is not available in Canada. As far as I know, it is not even planned to be released in Canada. Now, considering all the hype, I wanted to watch the movie. That being said, I also wanted to make sure I didn't cheapen the experience by watching some crappy print in a crappy environment. There was a source on the internet for me to do so and I did. Now, I understand the point about people not being compensated for the work they have put forth. But me watching the movie for free off the internet has had NO effect on their financial compensation.

For the first little while, I waited. To see if the movie would be announced in Canada so I could look forward to it. That didn't happen and then the movie was online. When I decided to watch the movie, I did so with the express intent to make sure that decision doesn't take away from any revenue. If the movie is released in Canada, trust me, I'll go out and pay my money to watch this movie. On the other hand, if it isn't released in Canada, then they weren't looking to me as a target audience anyways so it's no loss to them and why should I not get to watch it at all.

Last edited:
Now, the reason I actually resurrected this thread:

When I first watched the movie I got a copy from pakmusic. The print wasn't great BUT it was the complete movie. Since then, pakmusic has removed the movie on the request of someone involved with the movie. And any other copy for some reason didn't included the ending...which I found weird.

My mom also wanted to watch the movie and asked me to look for a copy online. I found it quite hard to do so at first but eventually a good quality print that I thought was complete cropped up.

Well.....as it turns out, it's not quite complete. Naseeruddin Shah's courtroom speech has been edited out. Now I don't want to talk about the contents of that speech too much because I don't want to spoil it but let's just say that it was regarding the same topic that has been so hotly debated in this thread. Frankly, I was appalled when I saw that the only copy out there now doesn't include this scene. That scene made the movie. Heck, the only reason I found out it was missing is because I wanted to watch just that speech again. It bugs me that there are plenty of people out there who will watch this movie with the climax of the movie edited out.

So just as a disclaimer I wanted to point this out: IF YOU DOWNLOADED THIS MOVIE THROUGH A TORRENT SITE IT IS MISSING A VERY IMPORTANT SCENE. If I were someone who hadn't seen the movie yet, I would wait and make sure I get the full experience rather than the edited (and *******ized) version.

Last edited:
I've seen some of it but always in a gathering thats doing something so havent been able to see more than 30 mins of it. Not going to justify anything, but the likelyhood of it being released in Australia is even less than Canada so me watching it at someones place who had downloaded it in a country where the movie wont be released on cinema is alright by me.

Havent seen it all, so will only give a final opinion once its done. The movie was definitely interesting though. Some mullah bashing did come across as a bit excessive although some of it was amusing enough - the bit where one of them was saying the guy didnt lose his leg, 'taang shaheed ho gayee'.

Iman Ali's dad's acting was pretty awful though and perhaps this might cause flames of another sort, Iman Ali herself is more than a tad overrated...

Will come back with my full opinion when I finally manage to sit and watch the movie properly though

Thanks for that warning Kablooee. My cousin who downloaded it got it from a torrent site and while the quality was pretty good, what you said will probably apply here

let me know if the end courtroom scene is in there though. I still can't believe such an important scene could get cut out. If the scene isn't there, just wait till you get a copy that includes it.

well its been confirmed to release in uk, usa and uae on eid.

it was also suppose to release in india, but 2 big films are releasing there on diwali/eid so will be delayed.

the movie has also been fully dubbed in urdu and this version will release in pakistan on eid is well.

this film has also been nominated in the norway film festival

and now watch out for geo films next film, hitting screens in pakistan on eid, 'mohubatein sachiyan' a high budget punjabi film.

kablooee87 said:
let me know if the end courtroom scene is in there though. I still can't believe such an important scene could get cut out. If the scene isn't there, just wait till you get a copy that includes it.
Dont need to worry about that any more. A friend got it off a desi video store. They tried to buy it but there was only one copy so she burned it onto a DVD, but Im still down on the pecking order to get it. Apparently it has the courtroom scene

Daoud said:
Dont need to worry about that any more. A friend got it off a desi video store. They tried to buy it but there was only one copy so she burned it onto a DVD, but Im still down on the pecking order to get it. Apparently it has the courtroom scene

once you get the DVD and if it is complete with a good print, would it be possible for you to upload it?

I bought KKL on weekend but still need to watch it as I was busy.
my freind was watching yesterday when I left and movie had English subtitles as well which is good thing.

sehsan said:
once you get the DVD and if it is complete with a good print, would it be possible for you to upload it?

if anybody does that from this point on, I will personally report it to Geo and urge them to press charges against the relevant parties.

Seen it already as I couldn't wait, but will see it in theatres on Eid just so I could not feel bad.

suhaib said:
well its been confirmed to release in uk, usa and uae on eid.

it was also suppose to release in india, but 2 big films are releasing there on diwali/eid so will be delayed.

the movie has also been fully dubbed in urdu and this version will release in pakistan on eid is well.

this film has also been nominated in the norway film festival

and now watch out for geo films next film, hitting screens in pakistan on eid, 'mohubatein sachiyan' a high budget punjabi film.

is it by a new director, or the same old tried and tested crappy pakistani film directors

seems like movie is been shown in some state of India already. and it's running in Calcutta for sure.
yesterday Indian news channel Sahara was discussing about this movie as well. Had interview with Iman Ali as well.
on chances of working in Bollywood, Iman said there is trend of short clothes in Indian movie industry like mini skirts and top getting short etc. and she is not ready for that kinda exposure in films. and when every big actress of India is ready to wear short clothes, so she don't think any one would invest in her as she is not even star in India. And said she know Meera did but Meera is willing to do alot more but she is not.

I don't remember watching any pakistani movie ever. But saw this movie I think it was pretty good. I would give 7 out of 10. Overall I think acting, direction, music was pretty good. But I think plot could be a bit stronger. Topic he picked was pretty controversial and I thinks Shoaib Mansoor could take this plot to next level but it would upset alot of people. And thats what he avoided. I watched this movie online. But I would also pay for it to watch. Check it out.

xbox

xbox said:
I don't remember watching any pakistani movie ever. But saw this movie I think it was pretty good. I would give 7 out of 10. Overall I think acting, direction, music was pretty good. But I think plot could be a bit stronger. Topic he picked was pretty controversial and I thinks Shoaib Mansoor could take this plot to next level but it would upset alot of people. And thats what he avoided. I watched this movie online. But I would also pay for it to watch. Check it out.

xbox

i havent seen the movie yet, byt the topic is too vast to tackle it in one movie completely. But shoaib mansoor has always done quality work, so im sure this movie wil be good

It was good as a movie, and that is what it remains. Please refrain for drawing any religious guidance from it.

Which people draw religious guidance from movies? If you're that dumb, you deserve all you get.

interview of Fawad Khan, younger brother in the movie. the part relating to the movie is below

...Instep: Okay now onto Khuda Kay Liye…how did it come about? Who approached you?
FK: What happened is, before the movie's shoots began, a friend of mine (Bilal Lashari) was assisting Shoaib Mansoor and one day he rang me up and said: 'Yaar aik movie ki shoot start honay wali hai so why don't you come down and give an audition'? And around that time there was a lot of hype about the film – everyone knew that Junaid Jamshaid and Ali Zafar were due to feature in it…but nothing was finalized just yet. So I went immediately after I'd gotten engaged – and around that time, I was this big (fat) ball – so I went and met him but his objection was that I was a little...uh…fat.
Instep: Fat?! But you're far from fat!

FK: At that time I was…my waist had gone upto about 38 inches. So he [Shoaib Mansoor] took one look at me and said: "You look fit to play the role of a grandfather!"

Instep: He said THAT?!
FK: That's not he said exactly, but that's what he meant and that's how I interpreted it. So anyway, he goes; okay then we'll meet some other time perhaps for another project or something. So I said sure, shook hands with him and walked off.

Instep: Were you disappointed?
FK: No because I hadn't gone in with any expectations…it was totally on the spur of the moment and was all very spontaneous. Anyway I went back, and around that time I was working for the Kashf Foundation, but then six months down the line…once the shooting of the film had started, I got a call from Bilal asking me to come back since Ali Zafar had quit. And so I went back, and three days before the actual shoot was to begin, I got my script and we just started. That's it. And infact by that time I'd lost weight and when Shoaib saw me, he was like: now you look fine!

Instep: When all of you were in the midst of recording, did you guys realize how big the film was going to be? Because till today local cinema houses showing the film are still being booked in advance with its tickets being sold out…
FK: Actually no we didn't know that – but the two very big reasons as to why it's been so big is yes, the film's content, and more importantly, the marketing and promotion of the film. I didn't have any doubts of it being any less that good since it had Shoaib Mansoor's name associated with it but I didn't know what the outcome would be.

Instep: In comparison to Jutt & Bond, what was your experience like as an actor between the sitcom and Shoaib's film?
FK: Jutt & Bond was a very loud, slapstick TV sitcom. And (chuckles), Khuda Kay Liye is a dead serious film! That's a really weird comparison (laughs) why'd you come up with that?!

Instep: No no, because you took a whole 360 degree turn – from a comedic character to a role which is very intense!
FK: Yeah but Jutt & Bond was six years ago and it was just all of us friends 'working' and having fun together…but I was a little thrown off balance because I'd done the sitcom years ago and now I had to face a 35mm camera, don a beard and had to look like a very serious person. That was the challenge I guess, and yes I was nervous…it got my knees knocking, because you're hearing the camera's roll and everyone's looking at you – dead quiet and dead serious waiting for you to say your lines. Shoaib was also conservative about having re-takes and so surprisingly our take ratio was something like one to one.

Instep: Did you all actually go to Afghanistan for that particular scene in the movie?
FK: It wasn't Afghanistan but a beautiful place called Parachinar somewhere near Abottabad – it actually hits the Afghan border. And yes we were scared witless at a point, when we heard that a moulvi in the local mosque had announced a fatwa against us there. They didn't know what we were shooting though but they got very ticked off when we were around… they tolerated it for seven days and luckily the day they'd announced the fatwa, we had packed up and were ready to leave.

Instep: What about the women – those three little girls who were in the village scene?
FK: They were actual actors from Peshawar.

Instep: Was the entire filming process very tiring?
FK: Yes it actually was very tiring… because we had been shooting the film for like; two years… the reason being that something or the other would always go wrong. But the actual shooting of the film was only two months.

Instep: And in addition it took a whole year of editing right?
FK: Not just the editing, also the 'washing' of the film, putting it together, then editing it, the sound, the dubbing, yes it took in totality about three years. And on some level, we had stopped anticipating the film's release…uptil the last day. But yeah after I saw the film at the Karachi premier, I was overwhelmed.
[At this point Fawad looks at the window worriedly.]

Instep: Don't worry, that isn't an earthquake…they're making the road outside…it's the steamroller!
FK: Yeah that's what I was wondering.
Instep: There's this particular scene in the film where you throttle this guy with a gun – how did you prepare yourself for 'getting into the mood' and making that come across as 'real' rather than just 'acting'?
FK: Well first of all it was as hot as hell and automatically (laughs) it made me exhausted…but on top of that…I just put myself into the character's shoes and performed.

Instep: And what feedback have you gotten from your friends and family about the film so far?
FK: Of course they're all pretty happy for me – but it's not as if I've conquered some big moral issue…I mean there was a time when [the issues brought up in the film] got to me, but now I've just stopped feeling that way, because what's meant to happen, will. I mean when you have a system that's politically challenged, getting into a whole debate about it is pretty pointless to me.

Instep: I know this sounds so clichéd – but the film does portray a clash of ideologies, what's your take on this?
FK: A clash of ideologies, sure – but the 'moderates' who've been objecting to the clergy and having certain notions about the 'mullahs' and imposing things on them, why then, are the liberals being hypocrites by saying that the orthodox are impressing upon them? It works both ways. It's like you're responding in exactly the same manner as they are by stating: what we're saying is right, and what they're stating is wrong. So basically, the 'moderate Muslim' is also a mullah. My whole take is that we should quit pointing fingers and blaming each other – just cut it at that yaar…end of story and live peacefully.

Instep: Were you nervous about the fact that Khuda Kay Liye was released as the Lal Masjid siege was being wrapped up?
FK: Yes! I was. Especially when I heard that the mosque had raised a fatwa against the film. And uptil now in totality we've gotten 3-4 fatwas, so we're pretty used to it, if we get another one now, we're like: oh okay!

But yeah at that time I was nervous because I thought people would react badly to the film but nothing happened. Pakistanis aren't as 'animalistic' as the Western media portrays us to be.
http://jang.com.pk/thenews/sep2007-weekly/nos-16-09-2007/instep/article2.htm

GOOD NEWS, promotion for the film is started in UK, trailors say coming soon, but it must be releasing on eid,

REJOICE!

Just saw an ad on geo announcing the worldwide official DVD release of the movie.

Those in Canada/US and where ever else there is no news can now order the dvd.

Last edited:
kablooee87 said:
REJOICE!

Just saw an ad on geo announcing the worldwide official DVD release of the movie.

Those in Canada/US and where ever else there is no news can now order the dvd.

I saw the ad today - but really wanted t watch it on the big screen. Not a DVD fan

looks like geo really messed up big time with the overseas release of this film.

Oxy said:
I saw the ad today - but really wanted t watch it on the big screen. Not a DVD fan
I never thought of it as a "go watch in theater" type of movie. Then again I haven't seen a non-hollywood movie in theaters in over 12 years.

Besides, didn't they say there would be a theater release in the UK?

Last edited:
iZeeshan said:
Well the DVD is available at all local Indian grocery shops...
We aren't talking about a pirated copy of a taped version from a cinema.

Wasn't the UK release scheduled in September? They'd better hurry up because they have less than three hours left!

New venture of GEO FILMS:
"MOHABBATAAN SACHIYAN"

Directed by: Shahzad Rafique

1qmyh5.jpg

Back