Match tied between Bangladesh U23 and Pakistan U23 in the ACC Emerging Teams Cup

Semi-Finals On 1 April 2017

Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka
Afghanistan Vs Bangladesh

Final On 3 April 2017 1:50 P.S.T
Will Be Telecasted On Star Sports 1/HD 1

Holy Sweet Mother of Jesus.

How the heck did Bangladesh not win this :))) :)))

This was probably the worst team under a mediocre captain that we've ever sent anywhere....EVER

If we don't improve our batting (Get rid of Jahid and Rizwan) and add 1 more bowler to support Mudassar we will not make it to final

Holy Sweet Mother of Jesus.

How the heck did Bangladesh not win this :))) :)))

This was probably the worst team under a mediocre captain that we've ever sent anywhere....EVER

I agree with few players selection. But did we send better player before?

I agree with few players selection. But did we send better player before?

It was a figure of speech bro however there are a few decent other players that should have played instead of the XI we fielded today.

We practically dodged a bullet here, had it not been for Bangalis choking to their hearts content this match was essentially gone for all money

In general India's development teams are more focused on getting tours to/with South Africa Australia England. I would be surprised if they have actually sent a decent squad to this tournament

Bit surprise to see india didn't send pant, sarfarz and some other guys who could easily make the team stronger.

Pakistan choked rather than BD, should have tidied the tail of at the end or defended the 30 runs of 5 overs with the 2 wickets that were remaining.

Sad day for [MENTION=137485]Dios[/MENTION]

BD remain our whipping boys

We are only powerful outside the cricket field these days. Embarrassing stuff.

Australia ,South Africa don't win many U-19 tourneys doesn't mean the players aren't good,talent is fav word left of border not for us ,Afghans played well they won,could be a better learning curve for our players.

If our players aren't developing well then that's an issue.

We are only powerful outside the cricket field these days. Embarrassing stuff.

Nope. Because india do not bother about these useless tournaments at all. Whenever there need to send any team to any useless tournament ,they just pick tom,dick and harry who are may be the 101th or more player of their domestic list.

It's a big result for you guys. Congratulations.

Thanks man.. It just continues our ever-lasting dominance over you guys.

I hope BD become good enough to compete with us someday.

Can someone point to me the Ind vs Afghan match thread please?

If there is none then I ask why? Why discriminate the associates? Do you guys know the results?

Sad demise of Pakistan cricket that we resort to prayers now for us to win against Bangladesh. If things stay the way they are right now in Pakistan cricket, Bangladesh will definitely be the 2nd best team in Asia. I remember those times when anything less than an innings victory against Bangladesh was considered a bad performance by Pakistan. :facepalm:

Thanks Sayeed.

What an upset by the Afghans. So Bd-SL and Pak-Afg semis. wow!!!

Not surprised by India losing to Afghanistan.

The Indian team doesn't have a single player I have ever heard of.

Sad demise of Pakistan cricket that we resort to prayers now for us to win against Bangladesh. If things stay the way they are right now in Pakistan cricket, Bangladesh will definitely be the 2nd best team in Asia. I remember those times when anything less than an innings victory against Bangladesh was considered a bad performance by Pakistan. :facepalm:

Not be,Are in ODI. In test catching up.

So even afte having us at 36/4, Bangladesh still couldn't bring the W home? :)))

Good stuff by Haris & Hammad under the circumstances, but Talat seems to have played a fantastic knock here with some valuable support from Bilal and Zafar. Hussain also remained unbeaten and even picked up two wickets which was great to see. He should definitely bowl more.

Zafar once again bowling well which is good to see. Mudassar, Usama, Bilal also chipping in.

For the next game, Khushdil must come in for Jaahid, and Hussain must bat at #6 (he can't open because we don't have another middle-order replacement apart from Khushdil).

Rest seems good.

When i said that,there was confusion over group champion and runners up.

Seems like we have a new Dios on PP. Shame. One was more than enough.

I didn't get a chance to reply to your post yesterday where you said I am excited about my team being on top of the mickey mouse format. Not really, my team is way more decent in the real format. Tests; where it was number 1 recently and where unlike other teams it has wins in more than single digits.

What do you think? The Quadrangular tournament brings together the very best young teams in the world.

Did you ask those people to swear that they were not taking u23 seriously?

No!

So stop making excuses. You got defeated by afghanistan fair and square thats it.

Stop giving lame excuses when you do not have any proof

Have fun seeing pakistan playing in semifinal. And support us since we are your padosis :D

Regards

Once for the final time - can anyone tell me what's the SF lineup? At least it can't be BD-PAK/SRL-AFG.

PAK won one match by 200+ margin, so I am certain that they finished top in group; question is who finished top in other group?

Once for the final time - can anyone tell me what's the SF lineup? At least it can't be BD-PAK/SRL-AFG.

PAK won one match by 200+ margin, so I am certain that they finished top in group; question is who finished top in other group?

1.JPG

I want a BD - Pak final but pretty sure Afghan bros will smash Pakistan.

I want a BD - Pak final but pretty sure Afghan bros will smash Pakistan.

Your Pakistan-hate is through the roof. I guess two decades of constant humiliation does that to you.

Your Pakistan-hate is through the roof. I guess two decades of constant humiliation does that to you.

I don't know what you are talking about brother. Afghanistan is a strong side in this tournament. Pretty sure they would beat Bangladesh as well.

You have to absolutely feel for them bro, 2 decades of non spot pasting would certainly leave a few scars that will naturally run deep. It was getting seriously ridiculous to the point where even Rameez was trolling them on air :)) :)) :facepalm:

I am pretty sure around the 2014 Asia cup game Rambo said something to the effect of '...the last time they beat us in a game Apple and Blackberry were just fruits......' :)))

I've been a wet blanket about this tournament. Even if Pakistan win this tournament, it will not unearth a single batsman who can play in the top three to keep pace with the demands of the modern game.

I've been a wet blanket about this tournament. Even if Pakistan win this tournament, it will not unearth a single batsman who can play in the top three to keep pace with the demands of the modern game.

talat???may be hammad azam??

That's Pakistan's problem - picked wrong players. I can say that at least 3 BD batsman & one all-rounder will play for national team in next few years - Saif, Ajmir, Afif & Saiful. May be couple of spin bowling all rounder as well. From SRL, their No. 4 will debut this year for sure.

Instead of Imam, Jaahid, Rizwan & Hammad - had PAK picked Saud, Saad, Zain, Babar, that U19 WC .... that would have been much effective. What BD has done is picked 4/5 players that are just outside national team, can make a comeback in 2/3 open spots in CT squad and then have picked really raw 3/4 players, who are the best U19 talents, few'll play even in next U19 WC.

Apart from Mudassar, Haris, Mir, Gohar & Talat (who should have been in WI), I don't see logic behind other picks. And the batting, Captain choices are atrocious ....

Why are players over the age of 23 part of this squad? Is it the same for all teams across the board,or just Pakistan?

Why are players over the age of 23 part of this squad? Is it the same for all teams across the board,or just Pakistan?

Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and India are all allowed to play 4 players over the age of 23. Afghanistan, Nepal, Hong Kong are allowed to play players of whatever age they desire.

I'm actually looking forward to the semi-final.

Friday night so might just pull another Cricinfo all-nighter ahlie :afridi

Some Pakistan "fans" on here humiliating the nation with their extreme, close-minded, ignorant biases.

BD "fans" also moronically bringing up a single series from 3 weeks time despite being shamed in constant series repeatedly.

Back