Mohammad Wasim Jr. and Aamer Jamal should not be part of the Pakistan squad for the ICC T20I World Cup 2024

Barragan

Test Debutant
Runs
Both were leaking 40 runs on average in the PSL, and they definitely cannot score 40 runs per match either.

Are they better bowlers than Shaheen Shah Afridi, Naseem Shah, Mohammad Ali or Mohammad Abbas? No.

Can they slog better than Iftikhar Ahmed, Azam Khan, or Haider Ali? No.

Shadab's batting prowess allows him to occupy the number 5 slot, and have sloggers like Iftikhar Ahmed, Azam Khan or Haider Ali occupy numbers 6 and 7.

I just don't see what they offer in this format.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ifti Azam and Shadab have to prove it at top level. Not at a poor PSL…
Shadab definitely has played some handy knocks, especially the recent one against SA in the WC when it looked like Pak were gone and dusted.

Also, in the same "poor" PSL - both of wasim jnr and jamal were getting hammered, so what will happen to them at intl. level?

Wasim Jr will be handy with his reverse swing

amir and imad are back dont think they are needeed now atleast for a while

amir shaheen naseem imad shadab should be the line up going forward

Agree but that also extends to Rizwan, Nawaz, Iftikhar and Rauf

Although Iftikhar was good in this years PSL, his international record is enough to show that he is not up to the mark

The rest speak for themselves

We need at least one fast-bowling all rounder so we have to pick one of them. I would rather prefer Aamir Jamal as he could be very handy with the bat lower down the order.

I agree, Aamer Jamal is too wayward with this bowling to be included in the squad.
Right now he seems more like a batter who can bowl 1 or 2 overs in T20 than a genuine all rounder. He has a lot of potential with bat and ball, but he needs to hone his skills first.

How so?

His bowling gets hammered and aside from the one great knock, he didn't get past a score of 20.

I just don't see the "X factor" at all.

I think he didn't get a score of more than 20 (except for the innings of 87) primarily because he bats so down the order.
The guy had 4 not out innings
I think he's a good batter, he scored 138 runs at a SR of 162 is quite good. But he is just an average bowler (in this format)

I'm ok with Wasim Jr as a backup bowler, he's a fake all rounder who at best is capable of giving it a swing.

Keep Amir Jamal far from the t20 team though

The one bowler that gives you genuine bowling variation is Abbas Afridi. He needs to be worked on extensively and can become a very handy squad member.

If Haris keeps on struggling with his bowling then Wasim should be the part of the team mainly for his death bowling. He has the ability of bowl good yorkers consistently.

Pakistan doesn't have a pace bowling AR, Aamer Jamal is the closest one to being one. Yes he is loose & needs to tighten up, but is a good player. I would personally persist with for now.

If the replacements of Aamer Jamal and Wasim jr are faheem ashraf and Hassan Ali then I beg your pardon, I don't support this idea. They should play ahead of others. Wasim is having a good time in internationals. Sometimes he bowls better than Shaheen and Haris is a run-machine nowadays.

AJ is a trump card. But he needs a captain who knows how to use him. A good captain will scorch entire teams with him. But a poor captain will be burned himself.

Shaheen is a better batsman than both.

Amir and Naseem are also decent with bat, both can play better than Wasim Jr.

Haris Rauf despite recent struggles has been the most economical bowler for pakistan in death overs in T20Is over the last few years.

Wasim Jr bowling is no special (was tonked in the PSL this year as well) should not be anywhere close to the team given the above four bowlers.

Aamer Jamal can be fifth pacer if they include two backups, however I'd go with four pacers in the 15 men's squad with Jamal in the travelling reserves in case of an injury.

Well I agree that both Amir Jamal and Wasim are not suited for playing T20 cricket.

I think on Caribbean slow wickets we need more of a spin all rounder so I think Imad and Shadab would be the right picks to utilize the conditions there.

Hopefully the lessons are learnt get your ego aside and give deserving players a chance, Amir played 2009 WC and now 2024 WC that's 15 years apart most of the fast bowlers don't have that long career let alone the gap

Jamal has more fight and heart than all these losers. Anyone with any sense would build a team around him after the Australian Tests. But no keep Babar and Rizwan. Fed up man.
Building a team around a bits and pieces player lol. I've heard it all.

As amir is gonna retire I think, we definitely need Wasim TBH. Shaheen has also declined so we definitely need a backup.

Building a team around a bits and pieces player lol. I've heard it all.
This bits and pieces player showed enough fight to get more respect from the opponent than any of our other players. He was the player of the series no less in the country we have historically performed the worst in.

He was our top wicket taker. 18 @ an average of 20. I thought he was going to get humiliated but boy did he prove me wrong.

I’d much rather have had him in the team than Shadab or Iftikhar who had a shocking World Cup.

This bits and pieces player showed enough fight to get more respect from the opponent than any of our other players. He was the player of the series no less in the country we have historically performed the worst in.

He was our top wicket taker. 18 @ an average of 20. I thought he was going to get humiliated but boy did he prove me wrong.

I’d much rather have had him in the team than Shadab or Iftikhar who had a shocking World Cup.

Yeah man these kids don't recognise nothing these days. Hence our state. Pathetic man used to never miss a Pakistan match even if I had school or uni still stay awake whole night. Respect is gone from the team and the fight.

That was in Tests.

The guy has an economy of 11 in T20I and 10 in T20's.

Don't know how you can justify his selection in T20 based on Test performances.

Thank God they weren't!

Aamer Jamal just about fit to play for Birmingham Bears
Mohammad Wasim Jr doing rehab at NCA

Aamer Jamaal may not be very talented. But he is a fighter! He was my fav player in the Australian Test Series.

Back