Name one young player you are eagerly waiting for to make a debut

I reckon Sami Aslam is knocking on the door, considering he was among the 30 probables for WC.

Muhammad Rizwan doesn't need to keep, he is good enough to play for Pakistan as a batsman. InshAllah he will get selected this year

Having poor keeping technique doesn't solely means missing catches or stumping. Look at MS, he hardly misses anything yet his keeping is questioned by expert. Rizwan is less mobile compared to Sarfraz and Adnan. Reaction time is slowest among almost all Pakistani keepers and while keeping to spinners doesnt bend much at times as required. These are the wordsof PQA coach and former pak captain Latif

Let me guess, you are one of those who thinks Umar Amin is a good ODI player just because he "looks good". Rizwan may be as slow as a tortoise, and he may stand on one foot while keeping, as long as he takes all the catches, and doesn't miss a stumping, I have no issues with him. Technique and elegance is over-rated, and only results matter. For me "has failed" holds far more weight than "will fail".

Regarding Dhoni, I don't know how many of the experts who criticize him actually kept wickets, and even if they did, their opinion holds no substance as Dhoni started as a keeper and will probably retire as one too.

What about Mir Hamza? Heard a lot about him. Also, why has Usman Shinwari fallen off the map? Has he not performed well in FC?

Yes, I definitely overlooked Mirror Hamza. He's a great prospect. Should be in my list.

Don't mean to be a pessimist, but I can't trust any of these players' talents unless I see them for a good 10 or 15 matches on the international stage. Too many times I've pinned my hopes on these young start beauties to hold their place in international cricket and they have failed so far.

Jamshed, Maqsood, Umar, Shafiq these are just a fee examples.

The bowlers may develop, but I don't trust the batsmen.

Now with the squad selected, this information might help people out in getting a feel of who these guys are. :)

Babar Azam looks like a quality talent. I really hope he's give a chance this series. Is he still an opener?

Babar Azam looks like a quality talent. I really hope he's give a chance this series. Is he still an opener?

He has played a few times in middle-order, but most of his runs have come as an opener. A shame he wasn't called up in ODIs. He has better List A statistics, and also it'll be difficult to break into the test team. It's basically Sami & Babar vying for one spot, and if Sami comes good in the ODIs, it's likely to be him. Nothing against Sami, I just think Babar is a better prospect. Actually, I rate him as the best batting prospect in the country.

Jannisar Khan --- saw this young pathan kid in a Pakistan U19 team many many years ago, maybe back in the mid 90s , so I'm guessing he may be approaching 40 now -- but he looked seriously talented as an all rounder, what happened to him?

Liton Das and Mustafizur Rahman. We could see them both in the BD-Pak series.

Andrew Balbirnie. Performing very well for Middlesex's second elevens and has been good in A tours. Should have a bright future in the game

How right I was :amir

(Cant freaking believe I posted this a year ago btw, seems like only yesterday :( )

Usman qadir- son of pakistans best ever spinner

Umar siddiq- looks promising

Ahmed jamal-pacy

Saud shakeel

Zafar gohar

Afaq raheem- gone off the radar

Saeed bin nasir- could be the next Misbah

Vijay Zol. Most talented young cricketer on the planet. He is the new Sachin. Te best thing is though, he doesn't sound like a door mouse and he actually plays for his team rather than records:))

Vijay Zol. Most talented young cricketer on the planet. He is the new Sachin. Te best thing is though, he doesn't sound like a door mouse and he actually plays for his team rather than records:))

He looked just ok to me. Nothing extraordinary from what i have seen.

Shahid Afridi :afridi

On a serious note, Mukhtar Ahmed. I am not a lobbyist with a personal agenda to slide certain players into the team, but I've been wanting this guy to play for us in t20s, and I hope he gets the chance. There is plenty of time for him to ease into international t20s before the World t20 tournament. My only concern is the few games he's played. But Pakistan cricket has always relied on raw tailunt, so why not now?

Stuart Poynter, brother of Andrew who you may remember from the 2014 world t20.

Has a 50 vs Australia A, a 100 vs Sri Lanka A and just hit a 100 vs MCC today, as well as a hundred for Durham second XI's earlier last week.

A promising wicket keeper batsman!! Hopefully he makes his move into the first team for Durham this season

I've got high hopes for Zafar Gohar the spin bowling all rounder who has done well for Pakistan Under 19s.

I don't think it will be long before he plays for Pakistan.

Is it a bit early to call out Deepak Hooda?

I can't wait to see Kuldeep Yadav making his test debut. Guy is going to be a star.

Vijay Zol!

Fell in love with his batting sense and technique since under 19 WC. Very optimistic. At least 2-3 more Ranji Season to go though.

1. sadaf hussain
2. zahid mehmood
3. mohammad asgher

What a debut! And as usual brilliant foresight from myself. People think I'm joking or trolling but it's actually very serious analysis. I never joke when it comes to cricket.

You just did now

Bump

Sadaf hussain please.

If you go through this thread you will find that many of the names mentioned have gone on to become successful international players like haris sohail, rizwan, babar azam.

It may not be a debut but the return of Aamer is like a debut. Also, looking forward to seeing Kamran Ghulam and Zafar Gohar.

Shahid Afridi :afridi

On a serious note, Mukhtar Ahmed. I am not a lobbyist with a personal agenda to slide certain players into the team, but I've been wanting this guy to play for us in t20s, and I hope he gets the chance. There is plenty of time for him to ease into international t20s before the World t20 tournament. My only concern is the few games he's played. But Pakistan cricket has always relied on raw tailunt, so why not now?

Worth the wait? Has had a solid start.

Bump

Sadaf hussain please.

If you go through this thread you will find that many of the names mentioned have gone on to become successful international players like haris sohail, rizwan, babar azam.

Early days for both. Babar has zero innings of note..

Ya sorry for the wrong choice of words there. I meant they are now enjoying their places in the national team and were successful in getting selected.

His first 50 was an innings to note. Saying it wasn't would be harsh. It might have been slow, but he kept his wicket where all of our other batsmen were loosing their wicket by being rash. If it wasn't for him, we would have got about 250-260.

I am eagerly waiting for Shadman Islam Anik to debut for BD. He's good for Tests. Very good FC record but poor List As.

However another reason might be he is one of the few players I saw batting in the NETs in Dhanmondi cricket ground in early 2014 !! :)
And mind you he was solid and better looking technics impressed me :yk2

And oh yes..Names common too. ;)

I want to see our young ones - and really want PCB to arrange more Pak A tours.

Kamran Ghulam
Usama Mir
Zafar Gohar
Mohammad Asghar

Also want to see Nauman Anwar get some more innings.

More Pak A tours please PCB!

Having won matches mostly due to fast bowling. I would like to see Sadaf Hussain debuting for pakistan

I am eagerly waiting for Shadman Islam Anik to debut for BD. He's good for Tests. Very good FC record but poor List As.

However another reason might be he is one of the few players I saw batting in the NETs in Dhanmondi cricket ground in early 2014 !! :)
And mind you he was solid and better looking technics impressed me :yk2

And oh yes..Names common too. ;)

He has to wait. For the time being, no room for him in the present batting line up.

He is an opener. And there are 5 openers in the current squad for tests and ODIS.Tamim, Soumya, Anamul, Imrul and Liton Das .

*bump*

Saud shakeel. Wonderful left handed 20yo batsman. Elegant, stylish, touch player.

Noone, they all are a false dawn.

Though I just hope Babar doesnt lose his way and Harris returns strong

Who is Hasan Ali?

would like to see Kamran Ghulam debut. He's a potential finisher for hte int'l team.
Would like to see the next 3-5 years developing Nauman Anwar, Imran Butt, Kamran Ghulam, Sami Aslam, Zafar Gohar, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Asghar, Saud Shakeel, Husain Talat.

Sprinkle in Sohaib Maqsood(i know he's been disappointing) but he is smart dude.
Mohammad Rizwan
Sarfraz Ahmed
Babar Azam
Junaid Khan(hope he gets back)
Mohammad Amir
Usman Shinwari(where has he gone)

Mir Hamza was not gud in PSL .... his bowling was very ordinary and was hit all around the park

Mir Hamza was not gud in PSL .... his bowling was very ordinary and was hit all around the park

Mir hamza is not a T20 Bowler :facepalm: He is the same as playing Imran Khan 2.0 in any LOI game. Very good seam and swing bowler who would do good in the longer format but would literally be meat and drink at the LOI scene. This is to say until and unless he develops 3-5 yards of more pace with good variations i.e. Yorkers, Bouncers, Slower ones etc.

Watch out for Shreyas Iyer, has all the makings of the next Virender Sehwag, what a season he has had, second highest ever aggregate in Ranji Trophy behind VVS and at a time when his mates were falling over like 9 pins at the other end in most games. Good against spin and pace, slightly suspect against good short pitched stuff( who isnt) but apart from that, has all the makings of a future star Should debut for India in this calendar year. Sarfaraz Khan is still very young, I would give him 2-3 years more to hone his skills and get rid of the baby fat. Avesh Khan looks the deal too, Kuldeep Yadav bowls good chinaman and not too many can read a chinaman's google

Seen Hasan, very impressed - would have had in this tournament in a heart beat.

Can you enlighten us on the others?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Afraz khose is the Pakistani malinga i think. Only 8-10ks slower than malinga at his peak. Ahsan ali is an opening batsman.

Rishabh Pant ,probably coz he is going to fail badly and realize that INTL cricket is not as easy as he thought.

Rishabh Pant ,probably coz he is going to fail badly and realize that INTL cricket is not as easy as he thought.

Is he the Indian u19 keeper? Oh God his constant gibberish was so annoying, and then he would drop a catch or miss a stumping and shut up for a bit and return to his usual self after an over or two.

Back