Narendra Modi : Mega Discussion Thread

Yes, remember this one quite well. News article few weeks ago with an Indian politician saying that if any Indian wanted to eat meat so bad, he should move to Pakistan.

no that too but it was recent.

but one im referring to was one during election season

Not every country elect a butcher of humans as their PM.

.Modi is Indian PM and world leader lay out the red carpet for him some even break protocols for him.So what you say comes across as a whine and nothing more.

Last edited:
This guy is pathetic. While what he says that Pakistan is causing terror activity is correct, he of course conveniently leaves out what India is doing in Pakistan. Both countries need to get over this and to stop interfering in each others activities.

Looking more closely at Bangladesh, this is a petty statement, it was unfortunate what happened but bringing this up after so many years he is really asking for trouble. Even Bengalis are over what happened during that war.

Really I wish the day comes when Pakistan and India can proceed in a friendly manner but these statement will take us back a very long way. Unfortunate.

immature personality

at his best he still a pathetic man, he is an ambassador who is representing billions of peoples with this childish behavior :facepalm:. Kid of Montessori class who have the habit of complaining to every teacher of his desk mate for pencil copy lunch box. I dnt want to say this but......... still he is a chaiwala

immature personality

at his best he still a pathetic man, he is an ambassador who is representing billions of peoples with this childish behavior :facepalm:. Kid of Montessori class who have the habit of complaining to every teacher of his desk mate for pencil copy lunch box. I dnt want to say this but......... still he is a chaiwala

But he is still better than any of the PM/President your country has ever produced.
Your leaders are worse than chaiwalas :p

But he is still better than any of the PM/President your country has ever produced.
Your leaders are worse than chaiwalas :p

every new comer from india start his career with senseless trolling, you arnt an exceptional...!!! build toilets for billion peoples, save your girls in moving buses & trains, fight with poverty, solve the cleanliness issues, spend $$ on health & education, tell me are these the issues or 1971 war is the major issue for india. I am sure this man will take you peoples back to the era of 85-95 where a single man solely divert the attention of his peoples from major issues by criticizing Pakistan.

every new comer from india start his career with senseless trolling, you arnt an exceptional...!!! build toilets for billion peoples, save your girls in moving buses & trains, fight with poverty, solve the cleanliness issues, spend $$ on health & education, tell me are these the issues or 1971 war is the major issue for india. I am sure this man will take you peoples back to the era of 85-95 where a single man solely divert the attention of his peoples from major issues by criticizing Pakistan.

My trolling might be senseless but your English sure is exceptional :p

I am very well aware of the problems in India.I don't need reminders from a guy like you.
And by the way, shouldn't you try to save Pakistan as well instead of crying over what Modi said ??Aren't you still bitter about 1971, which is why you continue to post garbage in this thread ??

And don't make your ultra genious predictions about where India will be under Modi.Pakistan is not our primary concern and what Modi said or not is hardly going to influence anyone.

I am very well aware of the problems in India.I don't need reminders from a guy like you.
And by the way, shouldn't you try to save Pakistan as well instead of crying over what Modi said ??Aren't you still bitter about 1971, which is why you continue to post garbage in this thread ??

And don't make your ultra genious predictions about where India will be under Modi.Pakistan is not our primary concern and what Modi said or not is hardly going to influence anyone.

english is not my first language, it comes after all my country languages so mistakes are always expected.

are you comparing me with your PM, if so than thnx.....

& listen are we peoples crying or your pm crying about pakistan all over the world where ever he goes.

Pakistan is not your primary concern... are you sure???? lets ask this from your pm

anyway keep posting these senseless comments to increase your valueless runs :srt

This guy is A POLITICIAN. While what he says that Pakistan is causing terror activity is correct, he of course conveniently leaves out what India is doing in Pakistan. Both countries need to get over this and to stop interfering in each others activities.

Looking more closely at Bangladesh, this is a DIPLOMATIC statement, it was unfortunate what happened but bringing this up after so many years he is really UNNECCESSARY AND PLAYING TO THE GALLERY.

***Even Bengalis are over what happened during that war.***

Really I wish the day comes when Pakistan and India can proceed in a friendly manner but these statement will take us back a very long way. Unfortunate.

Fixed.

***Bangladeshis have not gotten over it to be honest.Their PM just gifted Modi a memorial related to 1971.Their public,cricketers and politicians bring it everywhere.Countless threads in PP itself justify the same.***

Agree with the rest

Then why does your PM keep bleating about Pakistan when he is meeting with the leader of another country? This is not how leading nations conduct business.

english is not my first language, it comes after all my country languages so mistakes are always expected.

are you comparing me with your PM, if so than thnx.....

& listen are we peoples crying or your pm crying about pakistan all over the world where ever he goes.

Pakistan is not your primary concern... are you sure???? lets ask this from your pm

anyway keep posting these senseless comments to increase your valueless runs :srt

Not only English but your comprehension skills are also exceptional :p

And if you believe that only a PM can bring improvement in/save a country, then god bless Pakistan and its citizens.

Lol !!! Now it seems your knowledge level is also exceptional.Modi has toured over 20 countries and in Bangladesh only he criticized Pakistan.Why ?? Bcoz diplomacy.Bcoz he is a politician.

Also it seems you drink and post.Is it so ?Previously you listed India's primary issues and claimed Modi diverted our attention from them by criticising Pakistan.
Now you are telling me to take Modi's word that Pakistan is our major concern ?? :p

You are indeed a one of a kind poster who scores runs in dead rubbers :misbah

And if you believe that only a PM can bring improvement in/save a country, then god bless Pakistan and its citizens.

Lol !!! Now it seems your knowledge level is also exceptional.Modi has toured over 20 countries and in Bangladesh only he criticized Pakistan.Why ?? Bcoz diplomacy.Bcoz he is a politician.

Also it seems you drink and post.Is it so ?Previously you listed India's primary issues and claimed Modi diverted our attention from them by criticising Pakistan.
Now you are telling me to take Modi's word that Pakistan is our major concern ?? :p

carry on........... after drinking an indian girl is in my arms so let me enjoy & you just continue to gather garbage

Why are you making personal comments about his english.

What's your educational background? How about I show you up here and put you in your place.. Joker.

Its evident to anyone that Modi is a racist clown whose obsessed with Pakistan to appease his RSS masters. I've met many an Indian muslim who was scared of his coming to power and statements like this prove what a bigot he is.

Noisy neighbours keep talking

Then why does your PM keep bleating about Pakistan when he is meeting with the leader of another country? This is not how leading nations conduct business.

The present Bangladeshi govt. is anti-Pakistan.Definitely acts of adding fuel to fire playing to the gallery.It may probably open up future oppurtunities b/w the 2 countries due to their leaders sharing similar sentiments.Anyway, this tour was more than ordinary business deals.

I doubt Modi would've criticized Pakistan if BD govt. was pro-pak.Also Modi has not spoken against Pak in his other foreign tours.

So irrespective of what Modi says Pakistan is not our primary concern.

And as I said in that post, Modi can speak whatever he feels like but

simple internet search would suffice.
first result: http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/09/indias-modi-gets-tough-on-pakistan-2778724.html

and my point is not just modi. election process as a whole. I remember every person BJP didnt approve was either told to go to Pakistan or called an agent or sth

anyways its beside the point of the threead but its true.

You have selective view disorder. There are thousands of problems in India, and I am sure majority of the voters didn't have Pakistan on their priority list.

Not every person in BJP did this.. and Pakistan was used as a metaphor, something like throwing the person out of country because he is garbage, and according to them, garbage should be dumped to your country.

.Modi is Indian PM and world leader lay out the red carpet for him some even break protocols for him.So what you say comes across as a whine and nothing more.
That has more to do with the fact that he's the Indian PM than an endorsement of his character. It does not, in any way, absolve him of his 'alleged' crimes. India being a very large nation with a globally important economy is why their PM gets a free pass from the global community on things he was sanctioned for by the same global community prior to being elected PM. Lest we bring up his acquital by Indian courts, lets just say there once was a man named Lakhvi..... you know how the rest of the story goes.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Your leaders are worse than chaiwalas [emoji14]
See this is the sad part. While that may have been true for most(but by no means all) Indian leaders, Modi has set the bar so low that even the likes of Nawaz Noora look decent(ish) by comparison which is no mean feat.

That has more to do with the fact that he's the Indian PM than an endorsement of his character. It does not, in any way, absolve him of his 'alleged' crimes. India being a very large nation with a globally important economy is why their PM gets a free pass from the global community on things he was sanctioned for by the same global community prior to being elected PM. Lest we bring up his acquital by Indian courts, lets just say there once was a man named Lakhvi..... you know how the rest of the story goes.

You can go into as many semantics it wont change the fact that Modi is a respected world leader who has managed to hold the attention of the world .

Secondly if you want to talk about Lakhvi open a thread on it and we can talk.But just for starters Modi was accused of doing something in India to Indians and then acquitted by Indian courts.Lakhvi a Pakistani is accused of killing people of various nationalities in India.Lakhvi is an internationally sanctioned terrrorist.

Thirdly Modi was once refused a Visa by one country that doesnt equal to being sanctioned by international community.Also it hardly matters if people from one particular country see Modi as a criminal as they have no locus standi in that matter.

See this is the sad part. While that may have been true for most(but by no means all) Indian leaders, Modi has set the bar so low that even the likes of Nawaz Noora look decent(ish) by comparison which is no mean feat.

If you believe Nawaz Sharif is better than Modi good for you.

Why are you making personal comments about his english.

What's your educational background? How about I show you up here and put you in your place.. Joker.

Its evident to anyone that Modi is a racist clown whose obsessed with Pakistan to appease his RSS masters. I've met many an Indian muslim who was scared of his coming to power and statements like this prove what a bigot he is.

Noisy neighbours keep talking

Ohh White knight comes to the rescue !!!
You are clearly a biased person but what amazes me is your standard for personal comments.

And why do you think you have superior education qualifications?Should I put you in your place instead ?

You and your Indian muslim friends :p just like my pet unicorn.
Why are you so worried about them and not other religious minorities in India ?Or is it bcoz you make only muslim friends ?

Secondly I never knew pakistan is the flagbearer of all muslims.You insult Pakistan you hurt muslims :p

Fixed.

***Bangladeshis have not gotten over it to be honest.Their PM just gifted Modi a memorial related to 1971.Their public,cricketers and politicians bring it everywhere.Countless threads in PP itself justify the same.***

Agree with the rest

How is this a diplomatic statement? India too has a relationship to maintain with Pakistan regardless of the issues between the two countries and making such statements complicates things for all 3. And the fact is there is no need to mention those things which happened in 1971. Petty petty statement and this has only happened ever since CPEC was confirmed. Modi should mind his own business.

If you believe Nawaz Sharif is better than Modi good for you.
Close enough.. Cut from the same cloth, the two of them. Modi is slightly better at running a state but on the flip side, ge also has Nawaz beat comfortably on the religious extremism front, again, no mean feat given Nawaz is the magnum opus of the legendary Mard e Momin, Zia ul Haq and a known lapdog of the extremist Saudi regime. The current regimes in the two countries seem to have done complete 180s on their predecessors' policies with Modi dragging India towards the right, however much supporters of his refuse it, one of the great things about the information age is its very easy to call BS on such... well.. BS. What is actually surprising in all this, however, is that the current Pakistani regime seems to actually be entertaining the notionof modernizing and a keen inspection reveals that small steps to that effect are now being taken, the supreme court in particular has suddenly developed a taste for civil rights issues and the government is, for the first time in living memory, actually taking on the more extreme elements of the religious right, the opposite of the trend that seems to be developing under the Modi government.

Now for me, religious extremism is a big deal so Modi loses a lot of points on that front even though he has Nawaz comfortably beat on economic policy. Someone with different priorities might give more weight to that particular metric but far as I'm concerned, religious and social policy is a make or break factor and non negotiable no matter how miraculous your economic policy.

You can go into as many semantics it wont change the fact that Modi is a respected world leader who has managed to hold the attention of the world .

Secondly if you want to talk about Lakhvi open a thread on it and we can talk.But just for starters Modi was accused of doing something in India to Indians and then acquitted by Indian courts.Lakhvi a Pakistani is accused of killing people of various nationalities in India.Lakhvi is an internationally sanctioned terrrorist.

Thirdly Modi was once refused a Visa by one country that doesnt equal to being sanctioned by international community.Also it hardly matters if people from one particular country see Modi as a criminal as they have no locus standi in that matter.

Modi is respected, if we're to believe you since theres no way to actually measure an intangible like that, for his development model in Gujarat and what he accomplished by it, doesn't have any bearing on any criminal activity he may or may not have commited. Afterall, the likes of Mao and Stalin could also be considered globally respected leaders.

I dont see the need to open a thread to debate Lakhvi since thats not really my intention. I bring him up simply as an example of someone who is known to almost certainly have commited major atrocities but he had his day in court and was freed, which sould either mean end of discussion for both Modi, who has similar charges against him, and Lakhvi or both verdicts should be dismissed as the shams that they are. Nationality pf the victim or any such technicality is irrelevant here. Fact: Both were accused of commiting horrendous acts of violence against unarmed civilians causing thousands(hundreds in Lakhvi's case) of deaths. Fact: Both went to trial in countries with judicial systems that are known for being easily corrupted. Fact: Both were acquitted even though no one outside of their respective aupport bases buys that they were even close to innocent. The difference here is that Modi's supporter base is the majority of 1/6th of all humanity while Lakhvi's support base is about 8 million out of 200 million(Pakistani terrorist groups tend to be affiliated with particular religious sects and Lakhvi's has around 8 million members and it's not well liked by any other sect for being too extreme, even Deobandis who are responsible for all the major three/four letter organizations youre likely to have heard of in Pakistan minus LeT/JuD so support from outside is out of the question). To say the least, there is less than zero probability of Lakhvi or Hafiz Saeed ever being elected to their local municipal corporation, much less tothe highest office in the land.

I bring the sanctions up because the US' position with regards to Pakistani groupa and individuals seems to be the word of god to your compatriots and they make sure to remind us on a daily basis that whatever accusation they're leveling against whoever, is supported by the official position of the USG. Im just wondering what they may have done to suddenly lose so much credibility that the sanctions against mera PM NaMo can safely, without question, be dismissed as nonsense.

Hehe :D
Congratulations to Pakistan in that case !

How is this a diplomatic statement? India too has a relationship to maintain with Pakistan regardless of the issues between the two countries and making such statements complicates things for all 3. And the fact is there is no need to mention those things which happened in 1971. Petty petty statement and this has only happened ever since CPEC was confirmed. Modi should mind his own business.
Why shouldnt Modi highlight Indias role in formation of Bangladesh and the atrocities they suffered before India came to its rescue.

India Pakistan routinely protest each others activities in Kashmir.Pakistan protests about India developing anything and in J and K while India protests any constructions in POK.

Why shouldnt Modi highlight Indias role in formation of Bangladesh and the atrocities they suffered before India came to its rescue.

India Pakistan routinely protest each others activities in Kashmir.Pakistan protests about India developing anything and in J and K while India protests any constructions in POK.

I have no problem in him being pro-India, but there is no need for some of the things he said. And protesting about each others activities is different and going and make anti-Pakistan statements in another country is different. How can you justify this is beyond me? At the end of the day he is a politician, he needs to be diplomatic. Of course he has to be pro-India and I can understand him being anti-Pakistan from the inside but going to the other side and saying this is just a very loser thing to do.

Ohh White knight comes to the rescue !!!
You are clearly a biased person but what amazes me is your standard for personal comments.

And why do you think you have superior education qualifications?Should I put you in your place instead ?

You and your Indian muslim friends :p just like my pet unicorn.
Why are you so worried about them and not other religious minorities in India ?Or is it bcoz you make only muslim friends ?

Secondly I never knew pakistan is the flagbearer of all muslims.You insult Pakistan you hurt muslims :p

You won't be doing that I can assure you. Don't talk about personal comments because all I have seen is you making jibes about someone's standard of english when you yourself don't write well.

As for Indian Muslims.. I was merely commenting at the sentiment that your leader creates within a minority, which is pretty negative. I commented about Indian muslims and not Christians as that is the minority your king has allegedly harmed on purpose, owing to his extremist beliefs. If he harmed Christians too I would mention in it.

Are you saying Modi has never hurt Muslims?

I never said I was worried about india or Muslims, and I have not even said I am from Pakistan. For your information I couldn't give two hoots about Muslims in India. I really couldn't care.

The fact you assume all these things shows your level of english and your level of comprehension.

Enough lessons for the day. Let me know if you would like any homework?

Another Indian bashing thread , the numbers are increasing rapidly.To be honest Modi is not Vajpayee that he is going to be neutral he is taking a stand on every issue and every situation which is probably a change from our previous PM.

The Irony....

carry on........... after drinking an indian girl is in my arms so let me enjoy & you just continue to gather garbage

Thats it then :(
You have run out of your quota.

Trust me, you are drunk and hence hallucinating.

Anyway does Veena Malik strike a nerve ?
Goodbye !!!

Tbh no politician, be it Bangladeshi, Pakistan or Indian, are unschooled in good-mannered politics. Wherever they are and whatever the need, they'll take shots.

No one's immune.

You won't be doing that I can assure you. Don't talk about personal comments because all I have seen is you making jibes about someone's standard of english when you yourself don't write well.

As for Indian Muslims.. I was merely commenting at the sentiment that your leader creates within a minority, which is pretty negative. I commented about Indian muslims and not Christians as that is the minority your king has allegedly harmed on purpose, owing to his extremist beliefs. If he harmed Christians too I would mention in it.

Are you saying Modi has never hurt Muslims?

I never said I was worried about india or Muslims, and I have not even said I am from Pakistan. For your information I couldn't give two hoots about Muslims in India. I really couldn't care.

The fact you assume all these things shows your level of english and your level of comprehension.

Enough lessons for the day. Let me know if you would like any homework?

Believe me... I am more than capable of doing that to you.
However it is amazing how you fail to see my response to other posters who are open to a discussion but come howling at the rescue of an idiot who wants pakistan to drop 14-15 nuclear bombs on India.Not suprised though because you are clearly a biased person.

How do know Modi creates anti-islamic sentiments? Any videos, any proofs ?
Assumption ?

Christians, in Modi's tenure, have been oppressed in India too.How did you conclude that Modi only harms muslims and not these christians ?Assumption ?

Now you will complain about 2002 riots.Please educate yourself that Modi has been cleared and NOT FOUND GUILTY by the same judiciary system that had prosecuted him.
I'm sure you'll disagree with that and say that he bribed the judges.

Now, do you have any proof to suggest that Modi has hurt muslims ? Assumption ?

Actually you are not as smart as you think you are.
"I have not even said I am from Pakistan"
"Noisy Neighbours keep talking"

So where are you from ? China/Nepal/Bangladesh/Srilanka/Afghanistan/Gotham/Pandora/Antarctica ??

And by the way do your homework regarding 2002 riots :abdv

Is there any denying that we committed zulm on the Bangladeshis in Dhaka? Afridi was in the zone. Couldn't stop him.

Believe me... I am more than capable of doing that to you.
However it is amazing how you fail to see my response to other posters who are open to a discussion but come howling at the rescue of an idiot who wants pakistan to drop 14-15 nuclear bombs on India.Not suprised though because you are clearly a biased person.

How do know Modi creates anti-islamic sentiments? Any videos, any proofs ?
Assumption ?

Christians, in Modi's tenure, have been oppressed in India too.How did you conclude that Modi only harms muslims and not these christians ?Assumption ?

Now you will complain about 2002 riots.Please educate yourself that Modi has been cleared and NOT FOUND GUILTY by the same judiciary system that had prosecuted him.
I'm sure you'll disagree with that and say that he bribed the judges.

Now, do you have any proof to suggest that Modi has hurt muslims ? Assumption ?

Actually you are not as smart as you think you are.
"I have not even said I am from Pakistan"
"Noisy Neighbours keep talking"

So where are you from ? China/Nepal/Bangladesh/Srilanka/Afghanistan/Gotham/Pandora/Antarctica ??

And by the way do your homework regarding 2002 riots :abdv

In all fairness, a Court giving clean chit to Modi doesn't have much value in my eyes.

Trying to be funny at the expense of human suffering. Pathetic.

I actually started it off as a serious post. But then something happened.

My point still stands though. To deny there was zulm is just people being too patriotic.

I actually started it off as a serious post. But then something happened.

My point still stands though. To deny there was zulm is just people being too patriotic.

Some accounts compare that to the holocaust, and state that it was worse.. now these things can't be compared, but disappointing to see people deny it ever happened or that it had nothing to do with Pakistan.

Lol.Read how keen Canadians were to sell Uranium to India.India is the only country which is given a unique NSG waiver to do Nuclear trade despite not being a CTBT or NPT signatory so this India was begging theory has zero takers.
If you are a Canadian please ask your country not to sell Uranium to India rather then saying all this on the forum.

We actually did. There were protests against the PM Harper cabinet. He's been such a pain to Canada's advancement, hope he is dethroned by this year. Even his most loyal supporters in Alberta have protested against him.

I have no problem in him being pro-India, but there is no need for some of the things he said. And protesting about each others activities is different and going and make anti-Pakistan statements in another country is different. How can you justify this is beyond me? At the end of the day he is a politician, he needs to be diplomatic. Of course he has to be pro-India and I can understand him being anti-Pakistan from the inside but going to the other side and saying this is just a very loser thing to do.

This is what a lot of Indian PPers forget to understand over here. Top Post PP

Some accounts compare that to the holocaust, and state that it was worse.. now these things can't be compared, but disappointing to see people deny it ever happened or that it had nothing to do with Pakistan.

Now that's just a massive exaggeration but your ilk are great at lying.

There's no doubt that Pakistan committed vile atrocities against Bengali, but nowhere near as bad as the holocaust or even as bad as kashmiri genocide go in on on in IoK, it's perhaps on par with the atrocities committed against Sikhs in the 80s.

You need to read up more on how keenly the Saskatchewan premier and businessmen wanted this deal to go through. It is Canada which needs to sell its uranium deposits to make $$$ from it. They found a buyer - they made an agreement. If this is 'begging', then countries and companies beg every day.

Also, not much point about 'this uranium being used to build weapons to kill poor civilians' rhetoric - India has not dropped the nuclear bomb on anyone.

That's true, but just like any other Nuclear Nation, it is only a matter of time before they do, right? Yes, they use it for power generation, fair enough, but imagine if you are a leader of a nation, responsible for all the natural resources, and you actually hear that your natural resource is being used to kill innocents (or planned). This was why majority here opposed the Uranium sale, and instead wanted it to be used for Canada's own interest.

Now that's just a massive exaggeration but your ilk are great at lying.

There's no doubt that Pakistan committed vile atrocities against Bengali, but nowhere near as bad as the holocaust or even as bad as kashmiri genocide go in on on in IoK, it's perhaps on par with the atrocities committed against Sikhs in the 80s.

You can quantify and compare the sufferings.. I have no interest in doing that.

What exactly did Modi say that was wrong here ? I don't see the problem.

That's true, but just like any other Nuclear Nation, it is only a matter of time before they do, right? Yes, they use it for power generation, fair enough, but imagine if you are a leader of a nation, responsible for all the natural resources, and you actually hear that your natural resource is being used to kill innocents (or planned). This was why majority here opposed the Uranium sale, and instead wanted it to be used for Canada's own interest.

Maybe you and I were following different Canadian news sources, but I did not see the majority opposing it, bar a few op-eds in major newspapers. In fact, a lot of op-eds were advocating the deal as well.

India has already received waivers from NSG without being a signatory to the CTBT. That should tell you how much countries trust India when it comes to uranium. If this was a concern for leaders of these countries, there wouldn't have been a waiver.

Also, the concerns that India will divert uranium towards nuclear weapons don't hold much water this time. Yes, India did it the last time in the 1970s, but it was trying to build the bomb back then. Today, it already has many bombs, and also has the know-how and supply of domestic uranium to make more if it wants to. No way it will risk sanctions and international isolation again by diverting imported uranium towards nukes.

IMO the only concern here should be that provision of Canadian uranium frees up the domestic uranium supply for use in nukes.

[MENTION=135126]tempus123[/MENTION]
I don't think it is possible for anyone to escape unharmed after commiting such a heinous crime.

No amount of bribing,black-mailing,oppression can stop the truth from coming out in such a high profile riot.

I am satisfied with the way SIT dealt with the situation.Supreme Court too expressed its satisfaction.And all petitions for Modi's prosecutions were rightaway rejected.

On top of that Modi had been elected twice as CM by the public of Gujarat since.

that doesn't show anything

Hitler was elected in a fair election too

Not for you.but then Modi isnt asking for your approval.He is a leader of Indians and he has their approval and thats pretty much it TBH.

"It is heartening that Prime Minister of Bangladesh, despite the fact that she is a woman, is openly saying that she has zero tolerance for terrorism. I would like to congratulate Sheikh Hasina for her firmness to deal with the menace."

:)))

WHAT IS THIS GUY

IT DOESN'T EVEN FIT INTO THE SENTENCE... what on earth does fighting terrorism have to do with being a woman... it's like he tried to be unnecessarily sexist... :)))

"It is heartening that Prime Minister of Bangladesh, despite the fact that she is a woman, is openly saying that she has zero tolerance for terrorism. I would like to congratulate Sheikh Hasina for her firmness to deal with the menace."

WHAT IS THIS GUY

IT DOESN'T EVEN FIT INTO THE SENTENCE... what on earth does fighting terrorism have to do with being a woman... it's like he tried to be unnecessarily sexist... :)))

Hahahhaha. I am now a fan. Officially.

It is just a reflection on how children are taught history in their respective countries.

Modi has just started this trend where countries are defining themselves not by who they are, but by who they are not.

He said everyone is not Bangladesh. Next thing you know, Pakistani Foreign Minister makes a statement that Pakistan is not Myanmar. I implore Sri Lanka to step in the game as well. Maybe something along the lines of 'Sri Lanka is not Tamil Nadu'. :))

Not for you.but then Modi isnt asking for your approval.He is a leader of Indians and he has their approval and thats pretty much it TBH.

no need to be defensive. I was just stating a fact and pointing out a faulty conclusion being made

no need to be defensive. I was just stating a fact and pointing out a faulty conclusion being made

What faulty conclusion?

Modi was accused of being lax in controlling a riot in India in which Indians were killed.He was acquitted by Indian courts and Indian people elected him to be their PM.I dont think that anyone else other than Indians have a locus on this matter.And the view of Indians is pretty clear.

The world leaders have gone out of their way and broken protocols to welcome Modi,something that is not done often.

So if some people from a particular country dont accept it then so be it.I dont think Modi or Indians are going to be affected with that.

I hope you are understanding my point.

Last edited:
What faulty conclusion?

Modi was accused of being lax in controlling a riot in India in which Indians were killed.He was acquitted by Indian courts and Indian people elected him to be their PM.I dont think that anyone else other than Indians have a locus on this matter.And the view of Indians is pretty clear.

The world leaders have gone out of their way and broken protocols to welcome Modi,something that is not done often.

So if some people from a particular country dont accept it then so be it.I dont think Modi or Indians are going to be affected with that.

I hope you are understanding my point.

again unnecessary.

A poster said:

On top of that Modi had been elected twice as CM by the public of Gujarat since.

This implies that just because he was elected by popular vote means he has a clean chit.

I replied:
that doesn't show anything

Hitler was elected in a fair election too

So I was just stating a historical fact and pointing out that by concluding from someone's election that he is innocent is faulty.

And I am not asking for Indians to accept anything and neither care much about the choices made by the Indian people and the Indian courts as those are their prerogatives.

My point was just to point out a fallacy whereby a win in an election automatically means innocence. I was pointing to the holes in this concept in general and not Modi's case specifically

Last edited:
again unnecessary.

A poster said:

This implies that just because he was elected by popular vote means he has a clean chit.

I replied:

So I was just stating a historical fact and pointing out that by concluding from someone's election that he is innocent is faulty.

And I am not asking for Indians to accept anything and neither care much about the choices made by the Indian people and the Indian courts as those are their prerogatives.

My point was just to point out a fallacy whereby a win in an election automatically means innocence. I was pointing to the holes in this concept in general and not Modi's case specifically

Well what i am saying is that Modi has been vetted by both the courts and the people thats the two highest places of judgement in a democracy and settles it for Indians.

Well what i am saying is that Modi has been vetted by both the courts and the people thats the two highest places of judgement in a democracy and settles it for Indians.

that's irrelevant to the point im making

Not in the eyes of the people he is leading and living with.

So we have agree to disagree here,

oh bhai

I am saying being elected to a position of power doesn't mean you are innocent of a crime as that poster claimed. It was in response to an assertion made by a poster.

This is not in relation to Modi and neither am I doubting the verdict of the courts nor do I care a whole lot.

An elected person may be innocent in the eyes of the people who voted for him but that's not a good standard to judge anything on because Hitler and other tyrants have also been elected

oh bhai

I am saying being elected to a position of power doesn't mean you are innocent of a crime as that poster claimed. It was in response to an assertion made by a poster.

This is not in relation to Modi and neither am I doubting the verdict of the courts nor do I care a whole lot.

An elected person may be innocent in the eyes of the people who voted for him but that's not a good standard to judge anything on because Hitler and other tyrants have also been elected

Bhai jee

I am saying that in a democracy if you are cleared by the courts and then also voted to a very high office then it pretty much makes you innocent.Thats all.

Hitler wasnt a tyrant when he was 1st elected.If you read Mein Kampf you will see that he put across a very nationalistic viision for Germany.Its different that once elected he became a dictator.

Bhai jee

I am saying that in a democracy if you are cleared by the courts and then also voted to a very high office then it pretty much makes you innocent.Thats all.

Hitler wasnt a tyrant when he was 1st elected.If you read Mein Kampf you will see that he put across a very nationalistic viision for Germany.Its different that once elected he became a dictator.

ok we'll agree to disagree

anyways what Im basically saying is that if I was to vouch for Modi's innocence I will point and cite the verdict of the courts rather than the mandate of the people.

ok we'll agree to disagree

anyways what Im basically saying is that if I was to vouch for Modi's innocence I will point and cite the verdict of the courts rather than the mandate of the people.

Ofcourse the first and foremost thing is that he got a clean chit from the Supreme court.

You Hindustanis will feel the guilt for electing Butcher from Guajarat like the Germans feel about Hitler.

What [MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION] is saying is that Indians approval or no approval doesnt have any relevance to whether he is a racist oppressor of people.

Maybe we should have a translate to Marathi button here because some of you just don't understand basic English.

Thanks for letting us know he has approval though.. Captain obvious

What [MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION] is saying is that Indians approval or no approval doesnt have any relevance to whether he is a racist oppressor of people.

Maybe we should have a translate to Marathi button here because some of you just don't understand basic English.

Thanks for letting us know he has approval though.. Captain obvious

The thing is that since he is the leader of Indians and the incident happened in India with Indians,no one else but the opinion of Indian courts and Indian people matter.So what you say about Modi has no significance.Hope that is clear.

And since you have made it obvious that you believe that you have very good english i suggest you read and understand my statement above.

The thing is that since he is the leader of Indians and the incident happened in India with Indians,no one else but the opinion of Indian courts and Indian people matter.So what you say about Modi has no significance.Hope that is clear.

And since you have made it obvious that you believe that you have very good english i suggest you read and understand my statement above.

This is amazingly hilarious.

So because Assad is Syrian and killing Syrians in Syria nobody but the opinion of Syrians and Syrian courts matters?

Good logic ... We should give you an award.

Back