New Zealand (261 all out) beat Pakistan (182 all out) by 79 runs in the 2nd ODI in Karachi

Req run rate up to 7 now, pathetic directionless batting from Pakistan as usual.

NZ are generally very good at assessing conditions.

If Pakistan played the 2019 WC final on that sticky Lord's pitch, I bet you we would've collapsed for 160 trying to make 300 whereas NZ adjusted quickly and made 241 which they nearly defended.

Lack of the ability to assess the pitch also cost us the wt20 final

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">*yawwnnn* Zzzzz</p>— Shoaib Akhtar (@shoaib100mph) <a href="https://twitter.com/shoaib100mph/status/1613193064989720578?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 11, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:
2 dropped catches and 28 runs@50 balls...
Bad day for Rizwan today

its usual, he is poor player of spin and exposed pretty badly on a turning wicket..

if he drops himself down the order to avoid facing spin then he would have saved his career from derailing, but right all looks bad, Call Sarfraz back for 3th ODI , or else they might lose this series..

Timing is not easy here but I'd consider sending Nawaz up as a pinchhitter next to move this RR along.

We're not going anywhere here.

Saved by umpire’s call

This hopeless umpire probably thought Harry hit the ball

Do you reckon we can chase 100 off the last 10 overs against the pacers

No chance for Pakistan here. They look clueless against spin. Matter of time before they get out.

Just waiting for babar to throw his wicket away after today's dumb inns.

Bracewell is one of the best bowlers I have seen against Babar

[MENTION=2016]Rana[/MENTION]

Think we got the message about the Riz Babar thing.

Too many posts like this from you in this thread.

I recon you need someone to just throw caution to the wind

Slog sweeps are the way to go

It doesn’t matter which way the ball turns against a solid slog sweep

Don't know what's the plan here. There's no butter waiting in the sheds

I am sure Babar will tuk tuk against this part timer too.

Truly one of the most incompetent teams of spin we have ever seen Pakistan produce.

"Best all format batter" showing his test skills in an ODI :babar

Don't let them know your next move :kakmal

loooool first sweep attempted and gone.

Time to turn off this match. Just a truly disgusting performance by these batsmen.

Haris is better against fast bowling took on Southee last match hopeless all of them against a bit of turn.

38 off 71 mashallah... English and Aussies don't play this slow in a test. But don't say anything to boy wonder.

Babar will play for his average and his fans will come and boost about him being the best paper on paper LOL

Without calculated counter attack it is hard to throw spinners off the line on these tracks. It will come with risks. But it is worth it.

great move by Kane to bring Philips in.. now he will bowl 5-6 overs and only 4 more overs of pace will be left i think..

There should be no fear cricket now all out or boundaries can’t win by taking a few singles an over.

Nothing really wrong with the pitch Pakistan let Newzeland put a strangle hold on them it is turning a lot but if Batsmen can’t score on these types of pitches they shouldn’t be rated jack

better question is, how did Babar let NZ score on this pitch? Pakistan had 4 spinners: Nawaz, Usama, Salman, and Haris

Incompetent team

We selected a finished cricketer like Haris Sohail.

Without calculated counter attack it is hard to throw spinners off the line on these tracks. It will come with risks. But it is worth it.

It is true if Babar can somehow do this which looks highly unlikely he will get rated very highly after this by you but not happening

Salman has something about him. Self assurance and he fights it out

Boy wonder playing for a meaningless 50 to maintain average. Rizwan also tried the same.

Is babar waiting for seamers to come back? I don't think they need to come on any time soon do they?

Salman has played 3 balls and has already shown it’s not that hard if you actually try to play

From 2/9 in 3.3 overs to 3/64 in 20 overs. What were Babar and Rizwan thinking? It is unbelievable how they think that they have the allowance to play all those deliveries, get the RRR up and then expect the rest of the batsmen to come out and finish the game.

How can your opener and 1 down play at a run rate of 3po for almost 17 overs?!?!!!

Try to show a bit of intent and get to 160 off 40 overs. 100 off 10 against pacers is achievable

It's like we are back in Misbah era... nearly 30 overs up and 100 still not on the board. Alhumdullilah boys laying good foundation for attack in the 48th over.

Back