New Zealand (283/1) hammer England (282/9) by 9 wickets to win Match 1 of the ICC World Cup 2023

Which side will win the ICC World Cup 2023 game between England and New Zealand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Curran will cause more problems . I’ve got a feeling Wood if he’s not accurate hel go for runs, bouncing batsman out might not be an option on these slow pitches. However with his pace and back of a length will cause problems but if he’s off line hel go for runs
Adil Rashid is a major major key for Englands success in my opinion . If he fires then that will help England a lot as there is no other class spinner . Moeen Ali is decent on his day but not world class

Oh OK so oppositions bowl poorly against Pakistan because they know we will not do any damage?

Bro, what does pakistan have to do with anything on a NZ vs England thread? When did I say anything about pakistan?

If you've read my posts in the past I even said kohli played a match losing innings against England in the t20 world cup as well XD.

Babar azam however tends to deliberately slow down for his milestones at the back end even if the bowling is poor, Imam is limited and doesn't have lofted stroke play so if you bowl a bad ball to him it's all good, Rizzu is strong and captailises on bad bowling though I agree.

Me praising Henry has nothing to do with pakistan lol, so don't see how they fit into the comment I made lol.

Pretty good bowling by NZ . England need minimum 330 score to defend
In a ko anything over 285 is too much though hey? Don't think anyone can chase over 285 in a ko match even if pitch is flat.

Plus pitched will get slower as we progress further hey?

Anyone going to watch every game btw?

Should ICC investigate this, if was an Asian player doing it, there would be the usual cries of hokery pokery ;)
Never said anything about Asia, and I never made any statements about fixing or investigation related issues ever , not even in other threads so don't get the relevance of this comment lol.

Idiotic batting from Brook ! What the heck was that ?

You've already taken him for 14.

What a pathetic shot by Brooks .he already scored 14 runs and he still play that shots
This is what happens when you replace Roy for a guy who averages 20+ simply because he can bat anywhere XD.

As I said, NZ vs England was never gonna be the one sided affair that people thought it was going to be.

After watching how these 2 sides did in the warmup it was clear NZ was the stronger team.

But everyone just used the excuse " Bro it's just a warmup no one is serious"

I don't think now England can score 300 .they might bowled out even before playing full over.

Ali coming in at 5. I’ve got a lot of love for Moeen Ali , local Bham lad , but he’s not the most reliable ! If they get his wicket early then England should be worried

Ravindra played brilliantly against Pakistan, but I have just seen his batting and bowling stats, and if you look at those only he should be nowhere near the first team, but you can't just go by stats.

Never said anything about Asia, and I never made any statements about fixing or investigation related issues ever , not even in other threads so don't get the relevance of this comment lol.
Not you mate, just a dig at folks who have a moan every time an Asian player gets out against the flow of play, in a silly manner or even perhaps pulling Miggy Saabs leg, every time India wins

That ball I feel wasn’t short enough to play that shot again

One thing is sure, Eng is not gonna hold back, despite loosing wickets. Expecting more aggression !

Neesham is bowling harmless short pitch bowling to Ali and Ali dispatch it to boundary

Harry Brook will not let Mir or Shadab settle

Anything slightly short or back of a length will be sent back to Pakistan

lol, proper bazball from england.

neehsam bowling some absolute pies, has been doing that since the warm ups

Not you mate, just a dig at folks who have a moan every time an Asian player gets out against the flow of play, in a silly manner or even perhaps pulling Miggy Saabs leg, every time India wins
Fair, yh the whole match was fixed, let's investigate is nonsense 😂😂. Funny arguments though.

Wasim Jr is Rizwan and Shadab’s friend

He is the right kind of guy for them
He is a good mate of Shadab and a favourite of Mickey Arthur to surprised that they favoured Wasim Jnr over Faheem...maybe it was the mesmerising hair that influenced the final decision

Harry Brook will not let Mir or Shadab settle

Anything slightly short or back of a length will be sent back to Pakistan
Tbf, Brook is a hack, I cam see shadab dismissing him by virtue of him throwing his wicket away. Butler will eat sheddy alive though

This is going to be the pattern. Targeting 4th and 5th bowlers. Sometimes it may work. Sometimes it may backfire. Today it somewhat worked for NZ. Teams with weaker bowlers should be wary against England.

It will be interesting to see how much the spinners and the dew will impact this match and the matches to come.
Btw, hardly a jam-packed crowd for a World Cup opener. IPL games get more crowd than this. I guess India should have played the first game.

That’s cricket

Play your shots on bad balls. The wicket ball deserved to go for six or 4 just like the previous three
There is a difference between T20 and ODI cricket, I would rather have someone who treats a ball on its merit than someone who treats it as a baseball game.

There is a difference between T20 and ODI cricket, I would rather have someone who treats a ball on its merit than someone who treats it as a baseball game.
How do you treat a long hop on merit in any format?

Brook is a gun bat

He is better than all the batsmen in the Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Netherlands team
I've only seen Brook in a few games, so you obviously know better XD. I need to see more of him to judge.

I really need to give credit to England and Australia for one thing, when batting they never let the fall of wickets trouble them, they still strike at 90 to 130+ lol.

India, Pakistan, Bamgaldesh, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka even NZ and South Africa at times go into that tuk tuk rebuilding shell.

Not always but many times they do, Aus and England are aggressive 24/7.

England can still stage a come back.
It will be interesting to see how much the spinners and the dew will impact this match and the matches to come.
Btw, hardly a jam-packed crowd for a World Cup opener. IPL games get more crowd than this. I guess India should have played the first game.

Possiby because week day. Day time.

Brook will love Haris Rauf on these wickets . Pak needs to ensure he doesnt get any of him

Loose shot, part timer taking wicket, no wonder why Aussies gave chance to their part timers to roll arm. Its going to be key in this WC.

Joe Root has to stick around, still plenty of firepower but they really can’t afford to get bowled out for under 250 on this pitch

That’s not how immortals are made
After u smashed 2 sixes there was absolutely no need to play that shot.
If rizwan had got out like that u would have immediately blamed him but if its some sena batter , he is immortal

There you go ,Moen Ali gone .Such a reckless cricket by England
That's how they play, If you watched the warmup bamgaldesh game, they literally just attack attack.

That's why I said NZ vs England wouldn't be a one aided stomp, on paper England looks superior but besides root, The team lack discipline as evident with Brook.

Nz is a disciplined team, Eng however are heavily reliant on Butler or bairstow magic with root being the only anchroer.

This is what I’m saying Moeen Ali bhai , you’re my local brother but for god sake you just have these brain fades .

3 wickets of England lost unnecessarily !! Are they losing form at the wrong time? I doubt it but their shot selection has been dumb so far! What will be the plan against Buttler

After u smashed 2 sixes there was absolutely no need to play that shot.
If rizwan had got out like that u would have immediately blamed him but if its some sena batter , he is immortal
Hahahhahaha Rizwan trying to take risks???

Rizwan is a coward batsman who only targets 5th/6th bowling options to play his front leg pull for 6 one ball in the over

That's how they play, If you watched the warmup bamgaldesh game, they literally just attack attack.

That's why I said NZ vs England wouldn't be a one aided stomp, on paper England looks superior but besides root, The team lack discipline as evident with Brook.

Nz is a disciplined team, Eng however are heavily reliant on Butler or bairstow magic with root being the only anchroer.
They have to understand that these are not England conditions where flat pitch used for limited overs .

Back