New Zealand v Australia | 1st Test | Wellington | Mar 19-23 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Aussie

Senior Test Player
Runs
Hughes made 20 and is out already to debutant Armel (?)

1/29

Harris the "mediocre bowler" plays his first Test after pwning Pakistan, WI and NZ in 50 over cricket. Watto not playing.

Last edited:
no real quickie in aussie team except johnson.......i am disappointed.......wanted to see some jumping kiwis on this track

s2k said:
no real quickie in aussie team except johnson.......i am disappointed.......wanted to see some jumping kiwis on this track

To be fair our medium pacer Watson is quicker than any of your bowlers. :D

Bollinger and Harris can both bowl 145, that should be plenty against the Hobbits without Ryder.

The wind was howling so much on Wednesday that one local reporter joked that it was lucky Shaun Tait wasn't in Australia's squad or he might hit 170kph. It was a slight exaggeration but the leading fast men will relish the chance to run in with the assistance of the conditions, while others will toil into the wind

Random Aussie said:

Bollinger and Harris can both bowl 145, that should be plenty against the Hobbits without Ryder.

y bring our bowlers here?i am supporting the aussies......did u need to take that shot?

i was looking for someone of pace like johnson siddle etc......btw i still think johnson will break a few kiwi bones....

Random Aussie said:

India's fastest bowler was "kumble"

s2k said:
y bring our bowlers here?i am supporting the aussies......did u need to take that shot?

i was looking for someone of pace like johnson siddle etc......btw i still think johnson will break a few kiwi bones....

Yes, yes I did :D

1/43 going alright. This wicket is meant to be very tough early.

Sohaib-789 said:
Where in india? :))

those are 600 test wickets not mohalla wickets.....

269 wickets away from India....more than the total no. of wickets taken by any Pakistani spinner....

give the due where it is due............someone doesnt take 600 wickets by fluke....

s2k said:
269 wickets away from India....more than the total no. of wickets taken by any Pakistani spinner....
Tbf, Pakistan have produced a few fast and medium pace bowlers in between..

How long is this series? I expect NZ to fight but Australia still seem to be a class test outfit.

Sohaib-789 said:
Maybe next time we will send over kaneria it will increase his confidence..

he came he bowled and got thrashed......

Sledger said:
Tbf, Pakistan have produced a few fast and medium pace bowlers in between..

How long is this series? I expect NZ to fight but Australia still seem to be a class test outfit.

no one is denying that sir, Pakistan has produced legends like Waqar wasim and Imran....

2 test series.....NZ wil do good draw one test..........expect johnson to break a few kiwi bones...

s2k said:
no one is denying that sir, Pakistan has produced legends like Waqar wasim and Imran....

2 test series.....NZ wil do good draw one test..........expect johnson to break a few kiwi bones...
That was a joke, good to see you didn't take it to heart though.

In that case, I would say it'll be 1-0 to Aus, I also expect the Kiwis to salvage a draw.

Ponting is sort of struggling with the pull...what is wrong?...in my opinion he was one of the best players of that shot.

Sledger said:
That was a joke, good to see you didn't take it to heart though.

In that case, I would say it'll be 1-0 to Aus, I also expect the Kiwis to salvage a draw.

Due should be given where it is due......Indian pakistani aussie doesnt matter.......good to see you joke also. :)

which kiwi batsman will get his bones broken?your choice?i say ingram.

I wouldn't have cared if you didn't give credit either way, just refreshing to see an Indian which doesn't take the bait (although you did with that Watson jibe lol).

Is Flynn playing? A new (new) set of teeth might be in order because I've never rated him.

Random Aussie said:
Hughes made 20 and is out already to debutant Armel (?)

1/29

Harris the "mediocre bowler" plays his first Test after pwning Pakistan, WI and NZ in 50 over cricket. Watto not playing.
Hey Mate,
How are ya doing? It has been a while since I saw you on PP. Hope everything was alright

Cheers

North has been retained because?...

Surely, there is a better batsman than that in the Australian domestic cicuit - sorry but I think he'd be hard pressed getting into the SA, Eng and Indian teams*.

* Maybe not the England team, he does fill one criteria for their selection policy at least.

Sledger said:
I wouldn't have cared if you didn't give credit either way, just refreshing to see an Indian which doesn't take the bait (although you did with that Watson jibe lol).

Is Flynn playing? A new (new) set of teeth might be in order because I've never rated him.

watson one was just for fun........btw Ishant is hitting his straps a bit these days.....Akram seems to be working well on him....

Flynn...isnt playing............except mcullum taylor and vettori i hardly rate anyone in this team......guptill is okay

Ponting looks like a real mongrel today .. dead set on a ton.

s2k said:
watson one was just for fun........btw Ishant is hitting his straps a bit these days.....Akram seems to be working well on him....

Flynn...isnt playing............except mcullum taylor and vettori i hardly rate anyone in this team......guptill is okay
Wasim has had an impact on their team by the looks of the scorecards yes, though, I watched Ishant at U19 level and he didn't strike me as anything special by world standards.

Guptill is fairly good I'd say, he's one of their better bats even though he's only played for a short time.

Sledger said:
North has been retained because?...

Surely, there is a better batsman than that in the Australian domestic cicuit - sorry but I think he'd be hard pressed getting into the SA, Eng and Indian teams*.

* Maybe not the England team, he does fill one criteria for their selection policy at least.

how long before we see an indian batsman Pakistani fast bowler and lankan spinner in english team?

Interesting example as Ravi Bopara and Saj Mahmood played for England against SL in the last 50 over WC! :))

s2k said:
how long before we see an indian batsman Pakistani fast bowler and lankan spinner in english team?
umm .. i think they're allowed to play only for their respective countries. :)

Aussies will dominate and beat kiwis in this series!

Sledger said:
Wasim has had an impact on their team by the looks of the scorecards yes, though, I watched Ishant at U19 level and he didn't strike me as anything special by world standards.

Ishant is a strange case......wasnt the promising bowler people talked abt....made an okay debut againist Pakistan.............did wonderfully well againist AUS.then won the MOS againist AUS in Indian in 2008.after that he went down down.

A sports journalist was saying the other day,it was mainly because of Prasad that these bowlers went downhill,he asked them to be injury free and to slow down.He also said that Prasad wont allow the bowlers to talk to or get advise from any other former player.i am glad he was sacked.he and agarkar i two players i wont want anywhere near the Indian team.

RexRex said:
umm .. i think they're allowed to play only for their respective countries. :)

Vikram solanki played First class in india before he moved england i guess....

Cover Drive said:
Hey Mate,
How are ya doing? It has been a while since I saw you on PP. Hope everything was alright

Cheers

Hey mate all good here, been pretty busy.

Cheers

Sledger - North has been retained because........we tend to give players a decent run before dropping. If he was dropped now that is probably the end of his Test career.

1/66 and yes Katich is boring but man is he effective. Just a machine.

s2k said:
:(

i said go aussies..
:))) Don't take RA's comments to heart. He loves to bait like that...but he's a good guy.

Vetorri should get some Lasik done.A skipper should look intimidating , not goofy.

Finally some test cricket again... :yahoo

RexRex said:
Vetorri should get some Lasik done.A skipper should look intimidating , not goofy.

thatz he personality....... :inti

tdigi said:
Finally some test cricket again... :yahoo

go see tendulkars 60 odd againist DD that day....he scored runs with proper shots not a single whack or slog....amazing batting.

s2k said:
go see tendulkars 60 odd againist DD that day....he scored runs with proper shots not a single whack or slog....amazing batting.
I saw that...but I prefer the men in whites :D

s2k said:
I remember a couple flying off the edge :13:

But there were some real tasty ones as well.

RexRex said:
I remember a couple flying off the edge :13:

But they were some real tasty ones as well.

one mishit in the whole innings...... :pissed:

Is the channel 9 commentary team on board for this series?

Take the talk about plastic cricket to the plastic cricket thread pls.

1/76 doing it fairly easily at the moment - considering this is meant to be a seamers wicket.

Random Aussie said:
Sledger - North has been retained because........we tend to give players a decent run before dropping. If he was dropped now that is probably the end of his Test career.
Hmm, seems like his career should be over NOW.. or am I stuck in Pakistani terms where 16 year olds are pushing 30 and Afridi has just turned 20? Not sure what the conversion rate is these days.

On Sharma, we'll save discussions about him for another thread, I'm sure his career will be monitored throughout, though I'm sure he made his debut in a test series in Bangladesh? I might be wrong.

Random Aussie said:
Take the talk about plastic cricket to the plastic cricket thread pls.

1/76 doing it fairly easily at the moment - considering this is meant to be a seamers wicket.
Can't help but comment on it...they are showing IPL ads in between the overs :))

Random Aussie said:
We should declare soon
:)) Australia must be close to 100 runs then.
Or are they bowling? That will be interesting

Last edited:
streaker.gif

RexRex said:
who was that nude bald guy I just saw ?
You gotta have a streaker between a NZ-Aus match. :yk

Sledger said:
Hmm, seems like his career should be over NOW.. or am I stuck in Pakistani terms where 16 year olds are pushing 30 and Afridi has just turned 20? Not sure what the conversion rate is these days.

On Sharma, we'll save discussions about him for another thread, I'm sure his career will be monitored throughout, though I'm sure he made his debut in a test series in Bangladesh? I might be wrong.

North is pretty close to being dropped. But when we put older players in the team we tend to give them longer because it usually is the end of their career. Whereas younger players get dropped very quickly because they can come back. I agree he should be dropped though, Smith should be playing - hit 4 hundreds this year at 72 average and bowls leg spin. Just what we need at 6.

Sharma - who cares? He is nothing special.

1/89 in a canter

Smith is more of a bowler, I thought. If he's a potential genuine allrounder then they should take a leaf out of the subcontinents book and give him a long run in the team over people like North (who I've never actually rated), I'd thought D Hussey would be as good a choice as him, though Smith should get the nod if his batting is good enough.

Sledger said:
Smith is more of a bowler, I thought. If he's a potential genuine allrounder then they should take a leaf out of the subcontinents book and give him a long run in the team over people like North (who I've never actually rated), I'd thought D Hussey would be as good a choice as him, though Smith should get the nod if his batting is good enough.

Smith is a quality bat, he averages 50ish in the Aus domestic.

His bowling is not quite international standard but wow if you can slot him in at 6 that gives us so many options in terms of bowling.

Left arm fast MJ
Left arm fastish with swing Bollinger
Right arm grunt or right arm swing Hilf or Siddle
Standard off spin Hauritz
Leg spin Smith
Chinaman Katich
Fast medium with reverse Watson
Plus left arm spin if we want with Pup

Future looks good for us.

And now Michael 'Pak rescued his career' Hussey is caught at slip for 4

115-3

Ah Hussey why don't you retire please?

No Moyo to give you nice field settings in NZ.

Katich dominant, what a great player he is. Lovely to watch too.

Have these Australians been in a time machine? RR under 3 in the modern game!? :raja

Enjoy!

Flat Tyre!
An Aborigine was driving along the road when he suddenly noticed that one of his rear tyres had gone flat.
With a sigh and a curse he pulled over, got out the car jack and wheel brace and started undoing the nuts on the wheel.
Just after he started, a Subaru going along at high speed stopped in front of his car, brakes squealing.
Out hops a big Maori carrying a softball bat. The Maori proceeds to smash the side window of the Aborigine's car.
The Aborigine jumps up and starts yelling "what the f**k are you doing bro!"
The Maori says "cool it man, if you’re taking the wheels, don't complain about me taking the CD Player!"

sillyfan said:
Enjoy!

Flat Tyre!
An Aborigine was driving along the road when he suddenly noticed that one of his rear tyres had gone flat.
With a sigh and a curse he pulled over, got out the car jack and wheel brace and started undoing the nuts on the wheel.
Just after he started, a Subaru going along at high speed stopped in front of his car, brakes squealing.
Out hops a big Maori carrying a softball bat. The Maori proceeds to smash the side window of the Aborigine's car.
The Aborigine jumps up and starts yelling "what the f**k are you doing bro!"
The Maori says "cool it man, if you’re taking the wheels, don't complain about me taking the CD Player!"

Super

260/4

Clarke 68*

Canny knock from Clarke - seems like his recent off the field troubles have helped him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back