New Zealand v Australia | 1st Test | Wellington | Mar 19-23 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Micheal Clarke answers all the haters with a fantastic knock. Really shows that tough minded cricketers never will let their personal lives affect their game.

My favourite Aussie batsman after Ponting.

Congratualtion Michael Clarke, my favorite player in the whole world, what a class player, wish when he retires he becomes a coach. ;)

Random Aussie bhai - are you pakistani?

Ashraful_Rox said:
Congratualtion Michael Clarke, my favorite player in the whole world, what a class player, wish when he retires he becomes a coach. ;)

Random Aussie bhai - are you pakistani?

Nope Aussie.

Kudos to Pup, that hundred will have silenced a lot of his doubters.

As for the match, call it over now.

Well done to Michael Clarke....I wish Pakistan had a vice-captain that was as good as MC

Silenced the doubters and re-asserted his authority as a mainstay in the Australian team...

Michael Hussey and Michael Clarke must be the best Aussie players at the moment....

And the Aussies continue to develop class players!!! professional and intelligent too..a pity our mediocre lot can't watch and learn..are you watching malik? Are you watching akmal?? probably not!!

Well done Pup for firing under pressure. Aussies look like they will wrack up a mamouth total here!

Great knock from Pup. I reckon it would have to be one of his more satisfying ones, given what has happened in the past couple of weeks and given the state of the game when he came in. Hope he goes on to make a big one - that's one thing that differentiated Ponting from other great OZ batsmen, the ability to convert his 100s to 150s and then 200s. Go Pup!!

b.w great knock by Clarke. Showed what a tough bloke he is even after going through some stressful period.

oweeee. Clarke hit

Michael Clarke 163 off 248 - North 84 off 171
Current partnership 239 runs, 59.1 overs, RR: 4.03 (North 84, Clarke 146)
Australia 415/4 (121.0 ov) @ 3.42

Clarke out

123.3 Vettori to Clarke, OUT, leg-side stumping, smart stuff from Vettori, he knew Clarke would attack him, gave it some air and got it to drift down the leg side, Clarke gave him the charge and couldn't get his bat to it as it slipped down past his pads, McCullum collected well and clipped the bails to find him well short, a fine knock that put Australia in control ends, Clarke departs for his highest Test score

MJ Clarke st †McCullum b Vettori 168 (253b 22x4 2x6) SR: 66.40

Australia 429-5 after 124.2 overs

Bollinger has probably been the find of the year from an aussie perspective, surely in the running for the emerging player of the year along with U Akmal.
I think both have done extremely well in their first year of international cricket.

Oxy said:
Did he score any runs v us?

In the first Innings of the test that he played (i.e the third test) he scored 18 and he was not out in the second on 60 when the rain saved us.

man i just love it when Australia plays, one team that always brings joy as my favorite team the other team always bring sorrow(Bangladesh). Wierd world :(

I think Clarke has silenced the critics and showed it was worthwile missing the last ODI to sort his personal mess out.
Well done Pup!

Great knock from Pup though it would have been nice to see him grind the Hobbits into the Wellington dirt with a double ton. But still a career best isn't bad by any means. Now to roll them for 200 or so. Vettori has the unique position of being the Hobbits' best batsman, best bowler and best fielder lol.

tdigi said:
Bingle fired up the puppy.

Agree, same as a 15000000000 ton steam roller on a pitch that has not seen water in its life fires up the flat track Indian wonders! :)))
Pup must have a decent sized old fella to keep a model happy for as long as he did{they wander about alot**, that just does not happen when you are Indian,! :)))

Indians, soft as they come even when hard! :)))

Aussies making a sporting decleration, Then again kiwis batting line up is pretty poor and vettori and Mcullum as usual will have to dig kiwis out of a huge hole!

I think an inning and 50 runs to us! I thought NZ would atleas get to 230 in the first innings!

Hope he gets his tenfer, he deserves it!

Ive watched a fair bit of this test.

God, NZ are rubbish....which begs the question...'how poor were Pak not to be able to beat this lot?'

Oxy said:
God, NZ are rubbish....which begs the question...'how poor were Pak not to be able to beat this lot?'
Excellent question.

To be fair, we came close enough in the first Test. And NZL did have Shane Bond then, in his once every five year Test performance.

When you have a shitcow like Peter Ingram in a test side, then all hell will break loose like it has.
Ingram is the most useless bat I've ever seen play live, from NZ.

Bollinger is such an awesome bowler. I was highly impressed with him the very first time I saw him against Pakistan in Dubai, and still he's rolling on dominantly. Currently the best Australian pacer and arguably one of the finest from all cricket nations.

The NZ batting line up seems to be made up ofpart time cricketers who are farmers or postmen.
Zero technique or skill

They make our openers look like Greenidge & Haynes!

Oxy said:
The NZ batting line up seems to be made up ofpart time cricketers who are farmers or postmen.
Zero technique or skill

They make our openers look like Greenidge & Haynes!

Their openers did quite well today, McIntosh made 83 which will ensure that NZ will continue to make poor starts for about the next 10 tests.

Looking at their top 3 I find it hard to understand how Jamie How can't find a place in their side, his record sucks but the guy can play and needs some backing.

Oxy said:

That's the saddest thing, we really are at about the same level.

Basically both teams are desperately wishing for a pair of drunkards to get fit and make things better.

Kiwis batting line up is pretty **** poor. Taylor, Vettori and Mcullum are only decent bats they have!

Oxy said:

Pakistan are pretty poor and pretty much fact we couldnt beat them was selc inflicted!

Oxy said:

This calls for another PCB committee.

As some called it when Pakistan got to Australia a whooping is coming and apparenlty it surprised PCB.

sorry, but this made me LOL - Vettori and McCullum reduce deficit

The cricinfo headline of the oz vs. nz match says

"Vettori and McCullum reduce deficit"

Mccullum is on 4 n.o.
:)))

Desi said:
The cricinfo headline of the oz vs. nz match says

"Vettori and McCullum reduce deficit"

Mccullum is on 4 n.o.
:)))

Now at 10 and hasn't lost his wicket, giving Vettori support. Nothing funny here

This will be an innings win.Aussies have been in pretty good touch.I wonder how the Ashes will go this year.England has been improving , doing well against Ind , Aus and SA last year ; so should be a real good contest

RexRex said:
This will be an innings win.Aussies have been in pretty good touch.I wonder how the Ashes will go this year.England has been improving , doing well against Ind , Aus and SA last year ; so should be a real good contest

Brother I just wanted to know when was the last time England beat Australia in Australia? Was it 20 years ago or so?

it does not matter if they won 100 years ago, England is a good team right now under good leadership of Strauss, and it will certainly be a close Ashes series this time around in Australia.

ali_ed2006 said:
it does not matter if they won 100 years ago, England is a good team right now under good leadership of Strauss, and it will certainly be a close Ashes series this time around in Australia.

I am praying for a close contest, still supporting Aussies. Yes, England is not good test side but a great side, ranked 5 below the best playing nations 1 India, 2 South Africa, 3 Australia and 4 Srilanka. I hope England climbs to atleast 3rd at the end of the year.

ali_ed2006 said:

No it won't be close. We will smash them as usual.

OZGOD said:
Great knock from Pup though it would have been nice to see him grind the Hobbits into the Wellington dirt with a double ton. But still a career best isn't bad by any means. Now to roll them for 200 or so. Vettori has the unique position of being the Hobbits' best batsman, best bowler and best fielder lol.

As I said...

Ashraful_Rox said:
Now at 10 and hasn't lost his wicket, giving Vettori support. Nothing funny here
K. I want cricinfo to adjust their headlines everytime a batsman makes 4 runs. Geez your bats would be in the headlines all the time then o_O

16 run lead to the Hobbits with 4 wickets in hand. These guys just don't know how to take a beating. So annoying.
Hauritz now has 56 wickets in 14 Tests at an average of 30.07. Getting there.

Desi said:
K. I want cricinfo to adjust their headlines everytime a batsman makes 4 runs. Geez your bats would be in the headlines all the time then o_O

cricinfo reporters and analysts have better knowledge than you, they knew dan and baz were capable of building a solid patnership, 126 run partenership is no joke. if you don't like the website, stop visiting it, why complain and laugh -not nice, not nice.

Geez your bats would be in the headlines all the time then o_O[/QUOTE]

Yes, same can't be said about your batsmen as you have the world's dominant line up and chances of collapse are very little with the current bunch.

Last edited:
Ashraful_Rox said:
cricinfo reporters and analysts have better knowledge than you, they knew dan and baz were capable of building a solid patnership, 126 run partenership is no joke. if you don't like the website, stop visiting it, why complain and laugh -not nice, not nice.

Geez your bats would be in the headlines all the time then o_O

LOLOLOLOL

Oh, I didn't realize the goal was to make headlines based on what could happen?

Ashraful_Rox said:
Yes, same can't be said about your batsmen as you have the world's dominant line up and chances of collapse are very little with the current bunch.

And regarding your second statement, way to redirect the attention.

Fail all around imo.

Last edited:
Shaheerthe2nd said:
Good. Always thought that he was an average bowler.

He is. But he is an average bowler who consistently takes wickets.

Kiwis giving us a fight right when all looked lost. Pretty standard really.

We miss Watto for that extra edge to the bowling attack.

Random Aussie said:
He is. But he is an average bowler who consistently takes wickets.

Kiwis giving us a fight right when all looked lost. Pretty standard really.

We miss Watto for that extra edge to the bowling attack.

Watson makes Australia's attack much more balanced.

Plus, he is a good batsmen.

The Kiwis' 12th man (the weather) may yet come to their rescue again!

Excellent fightback by Kiwis and I was thinking they will bundle out by an inning. They are far from a reasonable total but so far they have done a great job in this inning.

Test cricket is just amazing.

Kriketer said:
Excellent fightback by Kiwis and I was thinking they will bundle out by an inning. They are far from a reasonable total but so far they have done a great job in this inning.

Test cricket is just amazing.

The Hobbits are fighters, you have to give them that. They have blokes who are totally hopeless, but have others (like Vettori) who just won't roll over. They've got a bit of mongrel and look like they're a half chance of escaping with a draw if the weather keeps blowing their way.

OZGOD said:
The Hobbits are fighters, you have to give them that. They have blokes who are totally hopeless, but have others (like Vettori) who just won't roll over. They've got a bit of mongrel and look like they're a half chance of escaping with a draw if the weather keeps blowing their way.

No, no...I hope weather doesn't have the final say. Such fightbacks usually end up in an upset and I want Australia to lose. You guys win so much that you make cricket following boring. :inzi

OZGOD said:
So they have some sheep and one sheepdog?

Finally some fight from the Kiwis... thats been from the usual suspects thou Vettori, mcullum.

Weathers been awful in this test and has effected some of the technology available to the umpires.

McCullum gets his hundred and then the "mediocre" Ryan Harris cleans up the tail to finish with 6 wickets from his "mediocre" bowling on debut.

106 to win. Easy.

This could be over in a hurry.

Blistering start in the first over by the openers. 10 runs already knocked off the total being chased. Its clear that they will smash their way to the win. Aussie style I suppose. Gotta love it.

Even Katich is striking at 50, real intent being shown here by Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back