Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Bassim

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Post of the Week
England 30/1 after 4.1 overs.

No one is interested :D

Games should never be played at AMI or Eden Park, they're just way too small for international cricket...

Lumb,Wright and Morgan in my fantasy league so far so good :p

Another drop. That was tough. but you have to catch them on this ground !

Is this the smallest ground in the world? I think my club ground is bigger than this

Surely Afridi will clear this Long on..........as now a days he's out Long on!!!!!!!

191/4 17 overs.

Man this ground is way too small.

Thats a brilliant over by Boult. only 4 runs ....

strange finish lol the batsmen should have ran, it was a free hit.

Boult looks like Quinn of Dexter

e60836057736a64d_2akfv5e.jpg

Marshland, any idea when NZ are gonna host the T20 world cup?

it would be amazing, the grounds there are perfect for T20s.

Last edited:
And the greatest minnow basher of all time Mccullum fails yet again. Pretty sure he would have chased this target on his own in 12 overs had he been playing a Bangladesh or a Zimbabwe.

Marshland, any idea when NZ are gonna host the T20 world cup?

it would be amazing, the grounds there are perfect for T20s.

2014 in Bangladesh, 2016 in India and 2018 in Pakistan (?), so not for the foreseeable. It's like the administrators love keeping it within the sub-continent.

lol horrendous stuff from ross. Poor in the field and batting, very unlike him. Could it be intentional? :13:

2014 in Bangladesh, 2016 in India and 2018 in Pakistan (?), so not for the foreseeable. It's like the administrators love keeping it within the sub-continent.

WTH :facepalm:

We just had the 50 over World Cup there

The Champions Trophy was originally planned to be hosted in Pakistan so,

2009 CT = Pakistan

2011 World Cup = sub continent

2012 T20 World Cup = SL

next three T20 WC in subcontinent again.

Thats like 80% of the ICC events for a good decade in Sub continent.

What is ICC smoking?

People shocked at the ground size? cricket has been played at this ground for 80 something years.

The reason its small is because its a rugby ground because cricket is not popular enough here to warrant many specialized grounds. Its unfortunate really.

Westpac stadium in Wellington is a good size ground and the test venues are bigger grounds.

People shocked at the ground size? cricket has been played at this ground for 80 something years.

The reason its small is because its a rugby ground because cricket is not popular enough here to warrant many specialized grounds. Its unfortunate really.

Westpac stadium in Wellington is a good size ground and the test venues are bigger grounds.

I have no problem whatsoever with the small grounds of NZ. It is an attraction for me and makes the cricket experience there unique. I would be pissed off if NZ in future construct big, cricket only grounds.

This stuff is impossible to follow in the UK, ridiculous timings. T20s start at 6am, ODIs start at 1am, Tests start at 10pm.

Good win though. :)

Yep ground didnt look as small when New Zealand were batting!

England batted, bowled and fielded better today. Decent performance.

This stuff is impossible to follow in the UK, ridiculous timings. T20s start at 6am, ODIs start at 1am, Tests start at 10pm.

Welcome to my world for every cricket game in England.

Early start for the t20s. Forget the ODIs, then late nights for the tests, warm up for next years away Ashes.

Yep ground didnt look as small when New Zealand were batting!

England batted, bowled and fielded better today. Decent performance.

A but off topic, but your username has fascinated me for quite some time. Mind sharing what it means? :afridi

that is why t20 cricket is so bad no compititiveness.hate this hit and miss and lol at those who take it seriously

A but off topic, but your username has fascinated me for quite some time. Mind sharing what it means? :afridi

In Swanny's video diary from the last Ashes he described Mushy's beard as sponsored by adidas due to its black and white stripes. My high stress lifestyle has caused my beard to go in a similar direction from a young age!

I have no problem whatsoever with the small grounds of NZ. It is an attraction for me and makes the cricket experience there unique. I would be pissed off if NZ in future construct big, cricket only grounds.

I tend to agree. And Eden park has 2 boundarys that are normal size anyway. Its just the weird dimensions that made the straight boundarys so short.

I do prefer test venues to be much bigger which is the case for most of our test grounds.

I didn't follow the New Zealand innings.

You drop 5 catches, you pay.

Knew it was too much for New Zealand.

Awful fielding by Kiwis.

Good win England, but I'm sure we'll pick up one of the remaining T20s.

I tend to agree. And Eden park has 2 boundarys that are normal size anyway. Its just the weird dimensions that made the straight boundarys so short.

I do prefer test venues to be much bigger which is the case for most of our test grounds.

To be honest I like the fact cricket pitches and grounds differ as it gives each match a different feeling, my one gripe with the boundaries being this short is seeing so many mistimed strokes going for 6.

lol at Dernbach, probably the easiest last over he'll ever bowl and still makes a disgraceful horlicks of it.

late nights for the tests, warm up for next years away Ashes.

Yeah but dude, am not a student anymore, got a day job now and that. Haha.

Gus in Sky studio panel rightly appreciating Luke Wright's bowling. I hope he gets a go in the ODIs soon. For me he should be ahead of Samit and Bopara for that number 5 slot.

This is the biggest crowd ive seen at cricket match in NZ for years.
Always happens when the Barmies are in the town. :D I remember the commies going on and on about "the biggest crowds in the years" when England last toured there in 2007-08.

WTH :facepalm:

We just had the 50 over World Cup there

The Champions Trophy was originally planned to be hosted in Pakistan so,

2009 CT = Pakistan

2011 World Cup = sub continent

2012 T20 World Cup = SL

next three T20 WC in subcontinent again.

Thats like 80% of the ICC events for a good decade in Sub continent.

What is ICC smoking?

$$$

Maybe that's why you see the clamour for events like the SLPL and the BPL, T20i players would like to get a feel of the conditions prior to the start of the respective tourneys.

Always happens when the Barmies are in the town. :D I remember the commies going on and on about "the biggest crowds in the years" when England last toured there in 2007-08.

On the contrary, the biggest crowds arrive when India tours. England and Australia a close second and third respectively.

Hardly anybody in the stands when SL and WI make it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back