New Zealand v England | 3rd Test | Auckland | March 22-26, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The numbers are disappointing, does anyone know why the turnout is so poor??

Test cricket is a dying breed thats how I see it.......so sad

Hmm. Maybe its too early? I heard the commies say today will be a free entry for some school children. So I think it will be full soon

IMO Prior and Root are the big wickets. Bell doesnt look they type that would survive in a tough situation. If he does though, other teams watch out, Bell has all the talent but mentally :yk

I would say he's still the best player left.

3 slips for the spinner. Love it :))

Macca has 6 close in fielders plus the wk. Take note :msd. Dhoni had a go at the criticism about his negative field settings. He said the era of attacking fields are over. Well Dhoni not quite. No.8 team has 6 close in catchers on a field that is as big as a club ground for senior cricketers.

Another poor ball by Martin and Bell rocks back to pierce the field.

Bowling straight to Bell is the way.

Come on lads. Baby steps. One over at a time. Bring that crippled Lancaster home.....

I remember queuing half a mile down the road to get into Lord's for the last day of a test vs. NZ....

Much better from the Kiwi's, Boult is getting the ball to talk with a little reverse swing. NZ must keep patient, one wicket here before the new ball would be massive.

You can say all you want about the way that McCullum became captain however his attacking approach is something that should be admired by other captains and is a significant reason as to why New Zealand are making England look very novice in conditions that they really should thrive in. With England being shown up in New Zealand and the Aussies being thrashed in India, the upcoming Ashes series could be labelled the "battle of mediocrity".

Root, Bell and Bairstow need to use up atleast another 300 deliveries between them if England are going to hold on for the draw. Will we see a 2009 Collingwood-esque stand from one of them three?

Wagner warming up, good move being the quickest on show and having the ability to go round the wicket to the right handers.

76 overs left, new ball 13 overs away.

If NZ get Bell out before the new ball it will be a massive boost

Are England on the way for their first overseas series loss since Pakistan in the UAE?

England still breathing. NZ still big time favourites but McCullum definitely batted for way longer than he should have.

England supporters should be very pleased with the work so far but the game will begin with the new ball.

Good effort Bell and Root.

Now get through the ten overs to the new ball.

65 odd overs remaining and nothing in this pitch. If England can hold on for another 20 overs then shoulders will drop.

On other note, England should complain about flat pitch here. I am expecting some report.....

Last edited:
Boult with a perfect inswinger to Root, good move not to review it.

The door is wide open now.

Boult looks a very decent bowler. NZ's new attack is actually a lot better than most of the previous ones.

Dropped at slip. lol @ circus music trumpet, nice trolling.

82.1 Boult to Bell, 1 run, dropped at fourth slip, Brownlie it is, Bell reaching out at a length ball that does not swing in, it is at decent height to Brownlie's right, he goes down too, but cannot hold on

82.3 Boult to Bairstow, no run, and another drop, Williamson to his left at gully, as Bairstow goes pushing outside off now, gutting for Boult, what are New Zealand doing?

Boult on fire, not assisted by the fielders though. :wasim

158/5, poor fielding in that over by NZ - could have had both batsmen out.

Haha we're still somehow just about in it.

Bell's played nicely.

Boult is a gun.

This is what happens when your media acts like you have already won. Puts pressure on the players and they stuff up.

Georgie legend for those tunes when the catches were dropped lol

So Bairstow's apprently could have been out twice, lbw earlier and was dropped at slip also. Boult looking dangerous.

Bairstow is such a mediocre batsman, even root is very poor

Still 2 sessions left, NZ hot favourites to win despite the drops, but that was arguably England's session.

I know we're a bunch of clumsy knobs but we don't go down without a scrap.

If Eng can hang in for 10-15 overs then ball will stop swinging. Next 10 overs will have huge impact on this match.

It's not just seeing of the new ball, too concentrate for such a long period will be tough for Bell and co. England only have 3 batsmen left in reality, Broad and below will just fold. Not sure why Fraser is criticising McCullum he kept his eggs for the new ball for this very reason. His bowlers will be give a good 20 overs after tea.

England need to go out there and do what they did in South Africa in 2009: have a wicketless session. Ian Bell was part of that one too.

If England can manage a draw from here it will be one of their greatest escapes of all time, regardless of how flat the pitch is. Will be compelling test match cricket either way.

Hobbits doing their best to not win the match by dropping the ball

Boult seems to have the worst luck with dropped catches in his career so far. Could of had another 20 test wickets by now.

Boult seems to have the worst luck with dropped catches in his career so far. Could of had another 20 test wickets by now.

Simon Doull was talking about that before these missed chances... he said that in all the Test matches Boult played, looks like whenever someone wanted to drop a catch he did it off Boult's bowling.

It must be a different vibe in the Kiwi comm box as it's getting very depressing with Botham and co. Nick Knight sighing all the way through the test set the tone.

Can anyone post a video of Francis robot payne's stat chats please? :)

Some England journalists and ex players are pretty classless to say the least...

Gone, 6 down. Bairstow nicks off, terrible knock - could have been out thrice.

6 down, now is the key partnership, Prior is just gun, get him out early and NZ is well on their way.

One of the most attacking fields I've seen in tests. Runs everywhere, lol @ slips.

Prior can really prove to be a pain in the ... to opposition teams. NZ need to get him and they've sealed the result.

Gamble review with two remaining. Misses the edge, no hot spotty.

Prior isn't the same player defending, surely can't last till tea,

Prior is striking at around 100, he's playing his natural game. :inzi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back