New Zealand vs England | 2nd Test | Wellington | Mar 14-18, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior averages something like 47/48 at 7. Gets his runs at a very good rate too, so selfless. Best W/K batsman in tests by a fair bit.

Currently, yes.

Dhoni needs to perform away to get close.

Sanga of course was quality but hasn't kept for a few years at least.

I wonder how AB will shape up us akeeper/batsman. He's still adjusting I think.

Our opening pair are bowling very well. Too bad we'll just be unlucky and then Broad and Panesar will be on to relieve the pressure.

Currently, yes.

Prior has been miles ahead for ages. Better keeper, better batsman.

AB is a much better bat, though Prior is a better glovesman. But early days still.

Prior used to be a terrible keeper and average batsman... he has improved by miles..

Currently, yes.

Dhoni's never been as good as Prior, not even close now.

Jimmy's runup seems longer than usual. Or so it feels. Jimmy takes Fulton. That's been coming since the first over.

Wonderful bowling on a flat pitch.

Inside edge for four to Williamson.

NZ should look for another draw here. This is the second day , there first target should be to get at least 350 runs here and bat out Day 3

The closer NZ come to Poms total , the better , Poms would not declare without setting Kiwis at least 300 on final day.

Pity this is going to be washed out. Has England win written all over it.

Looks like rain on day 5. Lets hope it holds off long enough for an NZ victory...

It sucks that a rain out is possible but there is part of me welcoming rain. Entire North Island declared as a drought zone yesterday and farming is a huge part of our economy.

Either England makes them follow on on day 3 or this is a draw.

Agree, we need to make things happen in the first session today.

Was a peach from Broad to Taylor. A couple more of those would be lovely.

Other observations, awesome innings from Prior, and Finn looks a pretty decent bat to me. Much improved at the very least.

Kane caught and bowled by Broad...Stuart's resurgence continues

Full house today, England are clearly a big draw :D

100/5

england look way superior, no chance of nz winning a match in the series

Panesar is really hurting England now. No threat of a wicket, only there to relieve Anderson/Broad who have been wonderful on this flat pitch.

which is why the 'Panesar outbowls Swann...Panesar is better than Swann' twaddle always annoys me

Newsflash guys - Swann is better, Swann helps Panesar look better, etc

And to add to that all Knick knight was talking about was batting deep in the crease would make sense against the likes Shoaib.

That was so tasteless

which is why the 'Panesar outbowls Swann...Panesar is better than Swann' twaddle always annoys me

Newsflash guys - Swann is better, Swann helps Panesar look better, etc

Agreed.

Perhaps Swann also tells Monty how to bowl and helps set fields. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Monty has done well in the two spinner setup.

Swann is easily much cleverer, and Monty just might a spinning arm without elbow issues for Swann to use.

Last edited:
Not a bowler-friendly pitch at all. Seamer-wise only Broad and Anderson have looked good on it in the whole match.

McCullum has always destroyed our bowlers in every format, we just cannot play against him. Infuriating!

McCullum has always destroyed our bowlers in every format, we just cannot play against him. Infuriating!

Finn loses the plot quicker than others it seems. He's been useless both tests so far.

Come on England, keep going hard at them, don't wait for the new ball, pick up some in the 9 overs in between!

Hope NZ can avoid the follow on. Watching NZ is really frustrating even for a neutral like me. They always play well until THAT moment where they lose the plot.

Watling out!

Please lads, 2 wickets before 26 runs. Let's end this.

But i love watching Ishant bowl, runs in like Marshall and bowls like Kuruvilla :sami

You should. He isnt called the legendary Ishant Sharma for nothing :wasim But you should also recognize the legendariness of the spinners that SA produces :warne

You should. He isnt called the legendary Ishant Sharma for nothing :wasim But you should also recognize the legendariness of the spinners that SA produces :warne

Unfortunately it was Pakistan who produced the legend that is Imran Tahir, no wicket 180 runs at 8 per over in a test match takes some skill :warne

Unfortunately it was Pakistan who produced the legend that is Imran Tahir, no wicket 180 runs at 8 per over in a test match takes some skill :warne

Oh yeah the legendary spin wizard Imran Tahir. How did I forget him. Yeah you guys really got this export-import business wrong. Maybe time to hire a pom to handle that part of your cricket :rondu

NZ, why you no give me value for my time. Another one :out now Im sure they will follow on.

England enforce the follow-on 211 ahead.

Very attacking move and I hope it works.

England enforce the follow-on 211 ahead.

Very attacking move and I hope it works.

It's either that or draw with the last day being a no-go. Chances are, even if NZ get a lead, there wont be enough time on the last day to lose all our wickets unless (still somewhat possible) our batsmen lose their heads.

It's either that or draw with the last day being a no-go. Chances are, even if NZ get a lead, there wont be enough time on the last day to lose all our wickets unless (still somewhat possible) our batsmen lose their heads.

England will win this test :nasser

Chance of showers on day 4, strong chance of rain on day 5.

With weather likely to be interrupted next two days , NZ should make sure they bat out today without any adventure.

Still Poms have upper hand here , they lead by 186 runs. Tomorrow not likely to be wash out , so if they can get NZ for 300 also , they will knock of remaining runs.

Take another 5 wickets before lunch tomorrow and it's ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back