First Class Captain
Runs
2nd and final test.. NZ win the toss and field

Lunch Day 1
Sri Lanka 65/5

Martyn 5/29

NZ very much on top already

87/7
Martin on fire. Is this pitch a minefield or is Martin really bowlling good?

samaraweera giving Sri Lanka some respectibility 28*

Lanka 102/7

This can't be the same Chris Martin who finished the OZ-NZ series with 2 wickets @ 198.5...

all out for 211

TT samaraweera did well to sheppard them from 41 to 211.

This guy has a 50 average and hes played like 20 odd tests not bad at all.

In India the media would make him a god-king by now

It's a bad pitch at Wellington. Martin did well last year there too

OZGOD said:
This can't be the same Chris Martin who finished the OZ-NZ series with 2 wickets @ 198.5...
Yeah, I'm wondering what the hell happened.

He was swinging the ball a mile, getting it to move around off the seam and bounce sharply, and a few times was getting speeds of almost 140.

Although full credit to him, the pitch wasn't as bad as some of the people are saying. Martin just bowled damn well, and the Lankans couldn't handle the bounce and movement.

Most arn't watching the game so were going by the scores. The Lankans tend to be ordinary even if there is a bit of assistance for the pacers. One reason why I have never considered Jaysuria etc very good players.

Marooned said:
Most arn't watching the game so were going by the scores.
I figured, given the ill informed comments on here and the generalization about the Kiwi wickets.

Pitch did a bit early on, but it wasn't too much. Where Martin though really troubled the batsmen was with the bounce he got (he usually can get some on slightly helpful decks if he's in a good rhythm, given his high arm action) and the sharp inswing. The wicket of Jayasuriya was beautiful - squared Jaya up completely, took the edge, straight to Astle.

Would have also had Samaraweera, had Cumming not missed a fairly easy catch at short leg early on when grabbing for the ball a little too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back