11 needed from 12 balls.

superb running between wickets.

Amjid Javed said:
13 needed from 13 balls

watson is one crap bowler. he hasnt bowled even a single yorker in this spell
Watson is pure rubbish.

this is really pathetic from Australia..they have NO bench strength

Another few mins and I can go to bed.

come on ozgod...this is a pretty big deal for new zealand....

pretty big deal for anyone to come close when chasing such a big score...if they make it it will be the second biggest chace ever (again against australia within a year....man..you guys need to sort out this rubbish bowling)

McCullum cant give the strike away now...needs a 2 or a boundary

Edged and would have been taken by slip if one was there!

Looks like a run out!

brilliantly fielding!

by an inch!

GONE! HE IS RUN OUT! Third umpire!
If it isnt out, it will be four. Nope, it is out. :D
Gillespie is out.

adam voges brilliant stuff!

8 needed from 7 balls... 1 wkt in hand.

8 from 8. I think NZ have won this. Gillespie's 28 from 14 was the matchwinning innings, along with Macca's.

But I think Voges has run Gillespie out! Direct hit from the far side of the stumps!

Great stuff from him. made 28!
I wanna see the highlights of this!

Fantastic knock from Gillespie though, some lucky edges there but 28 from 14 is critical.

Poor running from gillespie, just jogged back as throw came in.

Now what....Can the Kiwi's make it.... McCullum must hit out now...cannot trust the 11th man

All Gillespie had to do was extend his bat fully and he would've been safe...he wasn't expecting the stumps to be thrown down.

wow...what a game....whatever happens...well done new zealand (and hayden)..!

Huge run out chance and tait fumbles it!

7 needed off 6 balls ... mculllum on strike!

OZGOD said:
8 from 8. I think NZ have won this. Gillespie's 28 from 14 was the matchwinning innings, along with Macca's.

But I think Voges has run Gillespie out! Direct hit from the far side of the stumps!
It was 'Kamram' White. McCullum gets the strike for the next over!
7 needed! They are a real chance!

Nearly another runout but Tait couldn't pick it up!

SIX RUNS! GAME OVER! NZ ARE GOING TO WIN BY 1 wickety!
MCCULLUM IS THE HERO! Bracken needs a wicket this ball!

Seems like Kiwis are brushing Aussies again..i wish they pull this win too...it would be stunning

OHHH Boy....we have got this wrong.....NZ have to be up there in the favs to win the WC

Voges will certainly have find memories of this game. When he came out to bat, hit his 4th delivery for a SIX. Then, his bowling didn't have much to write home about, but the fielding. First an incredible catch, and then this run out!

Last over starts ... 7 needed. Last pair in. Doesn't get any more exciting than this!!!

444444444 for McCullum, and NZ win the match!!

I'm off to bed.

and this short of lee is Aussie's best attack ?

start praying boys...keep this record score chase setting and you'll be a laughing stock...

GAME OVER! WHA A VICTORY! One of the greatest victories ever!
4/40 to win! I CAN BELIEVE! IT! A WHITEWASH! Oh my god! New Zealand, take a bow!

Guys their Shoaib Akhtar "Bond" was not even playing today! what a match...this would hurt Aussies

Oh god! Bloody hell! McMillan! Take a bow! Australia, smell ya WC hopes later!
Injuries and **** form! Cya!

unbelievable...new zealand chasing down these scores...despite their dodgy bowling must be in with a chance in the world cup!

blackwash pure and simple.

Aussies get their own medicine.

Well done NZ!!

When was the last time Australia were whitewashed in an ODI series. Fantastic stuff from the Kiwis

We now have the 4 highest ODI chases against us! All in the past 2 years!
End of an era. I feel sorry for Buck. he will leave on a real low.

No Vitori No Bond and NZ still wins it.

Who is playing NZ early in the tounament might not feel that happy anymore compared to just a week ago. They are all of sudden contenders

Last edited:
without two good batsmen aussie still put on some good scores.....but this bowling ? these guys seems to fetch all over the park every game !

I strongly think these New Zealanders are seriously underrated ... and they have the potential to surprise anyone. This could be their time ... after this superlative performance against contemporary giants ... just phenomenal!!!

Watch out for them ... they are the team to watch in the WC.

Daoud said:
When was the last time Australia were whitewashed in an ODI series. Fantastic stuff from the Kiwis

Against India in 96, they were whipped by both Ind and SA.. :D

Yes, D. Vittori and Bond were not even playing and then pulled this one off

This from cricinfo:

Bracken to McCullum, SIX, would you believe it? Bracken you idiot! He bowls a knee-high full toss on the stumps and McCullum slams that superbly over deep fine leg for half a dozen! What a game this is

:))

Romali_rotti said:
Against India in 96, they were whipped by both Ind and SA.. :D
Thats what I thought, but in terms of a bilateral series I just cant seem to recall

UJ said:
This from cricinfo:

Bracken to McCullum, SIX, would you believe it? Bracken you idiot! He bowls a knee-high full toss on the stumps and McCullum slams that superbly over deep fine leg for half a dozen! What a game this is

Who does he think he is - Cheetan Sharma?

Had NZ hit one more 6 this game would have broken the record for the most number of 6s in a match, previously held by THAT game between SAf and Aus

australia have lost their most important weapon ...psychological dominace....!!!

if new zealand can do this....all the other major teams will feel they should be able to do the same....

Daoud said:
I think it was in 1372. We were defeated by someone.

Yep, they used a stick and a rock. They were very very good back then. Although, the game back in 1372 was fixed. Rogguda Ramban did something very bad. :)

Only one man can save Australia now...

040954.jpg

Wow, what a match. Australia are definitely on the decline.

What a match!, when you are chasing big scores and when you are chasing a big score when your are 40-4 take this match as an example!, New Zealand won this game agaisnt all the odds.

Daoud said:

England in 1997. Sorry Romali, India was before that mate. :D

Back