NZ-Aus - 3rd ODI at Hamilton

Four more! McMillan on fire!
34 from 28 balls! 6 fours and 1 six.

Couple of massive sixes in that over - I think that's 21 sixes in the match so far.

Six more!! McMillan launches another on!
16 from the over.
Watson has 1/43 after 4 overs. What ever happened to bowlers getting hit for 30 runs in 10 overs?

Is New Zealand the new Afridi? They are hitting 4's and 6's everywhere!

Last edited:
Big news! Hayden has a fractured big toe and will see a doctor tomorrow!
This is very big news. Not good for Aus. How long do fractures take to heal? I have a feeling he will miss the World Cup. :(

Last edited:
PlanetPakistan said:
I repeat where the heck was Craig McMillian for 2 years?

McMillan has been very inconsistent.

Code:
 Year  	 M  	 Inns  	 NO  	 50s  	 100s  	 HS  	 Runs  	 Avg  	 Ca  	 St
1997 	8 	8 	0 	2 	0 	86 	272 	34.00 	3 	0
1998 	23 	21 	1 	2 	0 	59 	467 	23.35 	7 	0
1999 	17 	17 	0 	1 	0 	73 	325 	19.12 	4 	0
2000 	23 	20 	2 	3 	0 	78 	361 	20.06 	4 	0
2001 	23 	22 	3 	3 	1 	*104 	666 	35.05 	4 	0
2002 	28 	28 	0 	5 	1 	105 	851 	30.39 	8 	0
2003 	14 	13 	1 	2 	0 	*82 	273 	22.75 	5 	0
2004 	21 	18 	6 	4 	0 	81 	484 	40.33 	4 	0
2005 	18 	17 	0 	3 	0 	66 	449 	26.41 	4 	0
2006 	1 	1 	0 	0 	0 	2 	2 	2.00 	0 	0
2007 	9 	8 	1 	2 	0 	89 	212 	30.29 	1 	0
Overall (11) 	185 	173 	14 	27 	2 	105 	4362 	27.43 	44 	0

Geez McMillan's living dangerously. Given how he's flailing away at everything, we need just one slice of luck to go our way and we're into the tail.

I agree that he has been inconsistent but remember that he bats at #6 so it's not very easy to score too many runs at that position plus the fact that he takes some chances and has a high SR.

My take on this is that if they want to beat big teams then NZ MUST have McMillan in the team because then you need players like him who can win you matches on their own...over the years they have had just far too many "fiddlers" and there is only so much they can do before hitting the cieling.
Sean said:
On the toilet crapping his old games out.
ewww...you are a dirty kid.

NZ 5-162. 180-odd needed to win. We need one more wicket! NZ need these two to bat through to the end.

27 overs remaining - we're not even halfway through the innings. As I type, 4 more. MJ might go for a hundred here.

NZ's run rate has not dropped despite the wickets lost - it's about 7, which is what they need to win.

One wicket...we need just one more wicket...

Such a pity Haydos broke his toe. New Zealand could win this but wickets are a huge problem. They're way above the asking rate though.

OZ at this stage were 1/142, NZ are at 5/212.

100 for McMillan with another straight six. A hundred off 67 balls. What an innings.

Mark Richardson shouts wildly "the gladiator is back"

And that's Macca's ton, 100 off 67 balls. Rigor has just about given himself a heart attack commentating on it.

That's McMillans hundred! Excellent!
He hits 2 consecutive sixes to reach the milestone!

One more wicket...

(preferably Macca's)

Voges is getting hammered - 33 off 3.

Rigor is the most annoying commentator I've ever listened to.

Bloody hell! What's with NZ and their ability to chase massive scores against Australia!
Meanwhile, Mccullum hits a 4.
Current run rate is 7.24

Let's bring back Tait and put an end to this partnership.

If NZ can keep the wkts AUS may not be able to stop on run rate.

Another great outing for NZ regardless of the result.

AUS bowling looked good initially but has been take apart in last 15 overs.

It's a very defensive field with many boundary riders, but the ground's so small that the batsmen are clearing the fence with ease.

30.3 Voges to McMillan, SIX, HOLY CRAP, thats out of the stadium! Superb hitting, its like a baseball home run derby! McMillan dances down and lifts Voges miles over the sight screen....24 sixes in the game and McMillan celebrates his 100 with a fiesty pump of the first....immense innings!

PlanetPakistan said:
30.3 Voges to McMillan, SIX, HOLY CRAP, thats out of the stadium! Superb hitting, its like a baseball home run derby! McMillan dances down and lifts Voges miles over the sight screen....24 sixes in the game and McMillan celebrates his 100 with a fiesty pump of the first....immense innings!
:)))

On th upside for Aus since Vitori is not playing the tail is quite weak. Except franklin they don't have anyone who can bat.
So once they get one of these Aus will take control of the match or at least should.

iafzal said:
If NZ can keep the wkts AUS may not be able to stop on run rate.

Another great outing for NZ regardless of the result.

AUS bowling looked good initially but has been take apart in last 15 overs.

It was always going to be tough to keep any team below 300 on such a good pitch. But the bowling in the middle has been poor - from Voges, who is a part timer, and from MJ, who is not. MJ has looked very ordinary - on this form you'd wonder why he'd been picked ahead of Stu Clark.

iafzal said:
On th upside for Aus since Vitori is not playing the tail is quite weak. Except franklin they don't have anyone who can bat.
So once they get one of these Aus will take control of the match or at least should.

Like I said, we just need one wicket...one breakthrough.

4-6 weeks for Hayden if he's ruled out apparently.

Over comparisons so far.
Over Score Score
1 4/0 7/0

10 45/0 44/4

15 82/0 87/4

20 97/0 147/5

25 120/0 179/5

30 142/1 212/5

Last 3 overs.
31 145/1 226/5
32 164/1 233/5
33 170/1 241/5

Nearly a runout! Geez Hogster should've released the ball quicker.

Still a long way to go for NZ considering they have no more batting after this...

Can the two Maccas take NZ home? It will be an unbelievable win if they did.

UJ said:
Still a long way to go for NZ considering they have no more batting after this...

Depends on where you're sitting mate. As an OZ fan it seems like it's just around the corner. :)))

Sean said:
May I ask, was Clark chosen for the WC? If not, we are screwed.
Meanwhile, 5 wides down legside.

No, he missed out.

Can we tempt McCullum into a rash shot?

Every single that comes fast off the bat gets a cheer from the crowd. They must think that everything is going to be 4..... or 6!

Nearly every big shot NZ have tried has come off.

Tait bowling pretty well. 155kmh bouncer and ball starting to reverse.

Just to show how flat this pitch is, Tait has bowled three bouncers and two of them didn't bounce above the shoulder.

I need to go to bed soon...one more wicket so I can go to bed and not suffer tomorrow!

Come on Watto, prove that you can actually bowl.

aleem dar showing some autority - after signally wide to Hoggs delivery and telling him to shush..[by actually taking a finger to his lips] :15:

Nearly another runout! NZ living dangerously.

The boundaries have dried up at least. 6 runs in the last 2 overs.

Thank God Rigor's finally left the commentary box. I was getting ready to smash my monitor.

OZGOD said:
The boundaries have dried up at least. 6 runs in the last 2 overs.

Now the real test is if NZ will panic and play a rash shot.
They are still above rr so real need though.

Rob H said:
Bracken back on to stem the flow of runs.

Tait's done well relatively speaking - only conceded 5.5 runs per over, and much lower in his latter spells. But he only has 2 overs left. We need to preserve him to bowl bouncers and yorkers at the death.

iafzal said:
Now the real test is if NZ will panic and play a rash shot.
They are still above rr so real need though.

91 from 81 balls is very manageable. But if they lose a wicket, it's cowlashers and bunnies left.

Back