NZ-Aus - 3rd ODI at Hamilton

12thMan

Senior Test Player
Runs
Match to start soon. Aus has lost 4 matches in a row. Aus last lost 5 matches in a row in 1997 and since then this the first time they have lost 4 in a row

Looks like Jaques has been dumped - Watson is opening the batting with Haydunce. I'd say these two are competing for the chance to open the innings with Gilly. Though on recent form, you could argue that Gilly should probably come down the order (I've been wanting him to come down for a while now). I don't think that Watto's an opener though - if anything I would play him at 5, behind Clarke and ahead of Hussey.

Though opening with Watson allows them to stack the tail.

Watson with 3 fours as OZGODs message was posted on the big screen
64-0 after 12 overs

0/93 at the moment, after 16 overs. 2nd powerplay still being held back.

PlanetPakistan said:
what do you mean?

Didn't realise I was that famous. :D

OZ cruising at the moment at 0-112.

They're playing Stairway to Heaven at the ground!

OZGOD said:
Looks like Jaques has been dumped - Watson is opening the batting with Haydunce. I'd say these two are competing for the chance to open the innings with Gilly. Though on recent form, you could argue that Gilly should probably come down the order (I've been wanting him to come down for a while now). I don't think that Watto's an opener though - if anything I would play him at 5, behind Clarke and ahead of Hussey.

Though opening with Watson allows them to stack the tail.

lets them add an extra player just like Pakistan with Akmal

Watson gone LBW for 68. Caught plumb in front playing across the line. He'd be kicking himself.

Oxy said:
I think he texted them the following:-

"Saffer is a **** ******!"

Missed an extra asterisk at the end there mate. :D

OZGOD said:
Watson gone LBW for 68. Caught plumb in front playing across the line. He'd be kicking himself.

That was the lamest LBW dismissal I've seen in a while - getting LBW out to a straight ball on a batting paradise. Threw a possible ton away.

Watson is the first to go.
He went for 62.

Haddin is now in and is 0*.
Hayden is on 68.

Aus 1/132
28.3 overs.

Some decent female Hobbits in the crowd...one would almost think they were elves!

abdul9383 said:
Haddin in now. Run Rate needs to grow.

4.75 isn't great, but if they can keep wickets in hand until about the 35th over they can try and score at 12+ an over from there. They scored at 11 an over in the last 10 last match, with White and Stodge making hay.

Then again, surely Haydunce is in by now - they should be able to score at close to a run a ball taking minimal risks. I think Haydunce is taking his "second coming of Boycott" role a bit too seriously...

And as I type, 6666666666666666 for Haydunce over the sightscreen, nearly hitting some bloke in the practice nets.

I agree with OZ. If they are going to play Watson he should be down the order. Although by the looks of it, he seemed to have done well today.

6666666666666666666 for Haddin. One more ball to go this over, 19 conceded already.

Dot to end the over, 19 conceded. Macca's figures 2 overs for 28.

Hayden is starting to shift gears for AUS....i expect the likes of Hussey and Kamran White to do a lot of damage.

Aussies now lifting the run rate. 22 runs in the past 12 balls. 19 from that over.
1/164 after 32.
We really need 350 here. If we dont, get 330+, New Zealand will steam roll us.

PlanetPakistan said:
Hayden is starting to shift gears for AUS....i expect the likes of Hussey and Kamran White to do a lot of damage.
Kamran white? Cameron* :)

50 for Haddin after 45 balls. Flemo hasn't taken the 2nd powerplay yet.

OZGOD said:
50 for Haddin after 45 balls. Flemo hasn't taken the 2nd powerplay yet.
I think 50 was their partnership. I might be wrong as it did sound like commentator saying Haddin's 50

Last edited:
12thMan said:
I think 50 was their partnership. I might be wrong as it did sound like commentator saying Haddin's 50

Actually you're right - Haddin's only got 25 off 22. I thought he'd gotten to 50 a bit too quickly.

12thMan said:
2nd powerplay still not taken
175-1 after 33.2

They should aim at scoring at least 15+ per over during those 5 powerplay overs. Hopefully Flemo waits until both of them are well set before taking it. :D

Flemo's finally taken the Powerplay.

actually I want to see power play not taken and him getting forced in last 5 overs.

Cameron - Kamal was just a joke (Kamran Akmal) and nothing to do with the language. just sounds a little similar

This is perfect timing for this Powerplay - we have fielding restrictions from the 35-40th over and then the slog overs.

4444444444444 to start the Powerplay, straight down the ground.

LOL at Flemo's field - every single inner ring fielder is right at the edge of the inner ring. Nobody in a catching position.

I wouldn't be surprised if the names Cameron and Kamran are related. There's several names like that.

Hayd-Hadd combo seems to be working quite well....reminds me of the Woodies, i guess these 2 should be called the Haydes.

NZ have made a smart move to get Tuffey back in the squad because i am not very impressed with that Franklin fellow.

100 for Haydunce, at the Boycottesque (in ODIs) strikerate of 78.

what a bad throw. Hayden should have been run out

100 up for Hayden.

Haydunce has gotten his ton now, he should look to smash these bowlers around in this Powerplay.

Hundred for Hayden!
It has come off 127 balls with 2 sixes and 8 fours.
1/202 after 37.1
We can afford to start slogging now.

OZ 1/202. Could have easily been 0-202, given how placid this wicket is. The OZ bowlers will be doing it very tough later tonight.

OZGOD said:
100 for Haydunce, at the Boycottesque (in ODIs) strikerate of 78.

If Gilchrist is your partner(which should be the case in the WC) then you can afford to be a bit crabby.

12thMan said:
Hayden in some discomfort and they play "everybody hurts" of REM :)
Haydunce looks to have injured himself, the fool.

Come on Haydos you wuss, just get over it and play son.

So far the PP over has read:

Over 1: 13
Over 2: 5
Over 3: 3 (I think)

Haydos should get himself off strike if he can't hit the boundaries. Either that or retire hurt and let someone else have a go.

PlanetPakistan said:
How do you folks rate M Gellespie?
I think he bowled very well on the Aussie pitches and was quite dangerous. He looks a very good player. I dont know what he will be like on the pitches in the Carribean though. How old is he?

Gillespie i think can be a little hot and cold, but looks decent from what Ive seen of him playing in the CB series.

Sean said:
Just rememember, OG. Beware of the injured.

Well he's gotten his ton, he should just up the rate and try and get as many runs as possible before getting out. No point in being a passenger.

Watto coming out as a runner now, this will be a recipe for confusion. I expect someone to be run out shortly...

Sean said:
I think he bowled very well on the Aussie pitches and was quite dangerous. He looks a very good player. I dont know what he will be like on the pitches in the Carribean though. How old is he?
thanks, he is 27..

Last edited:
Gillespie is 26 years something
Hayden got hit on right foot and next ball the left foot by yorkers. the first one is hurting him

444444444444 for Haddin, cut away through cover.

OZGOD said:
Well he's gotten his ton, he should just up the rate and try and get as many runs as possible before getting out. No point in being a passenger.
He should retire hurt and we should bring Hussey in! :D

And after that, he finds the man at long-on and is out for 38.

Haddin goes out! Caught by Vincent off Patels bowling for 38.
Time for some Hussey fireworks. :D
2/210
38.4 overs.

Back