NZ-Aus - 3rd ODI at Hamilton

Good to see Hussey being aggressive and having players inside the circle. We need a wicket - just one wicket will probably be enough to see us home.

I really need to go to bed...why can't we get this one bloody wicket?!?

The run rate has slowed in the last 5 overs - MJ and Voges bowling pies before that really hurt us.

OZGOD said:
I really need to go to bed...why can't we get this one bloody wicket?!?

lol i'm in the same time zone as you ... but i'm gonna see this through to a result :p

You can tell that the 2 Maccas are now seriously thinking of winning the match - earlier McMillan was just wantonly smashing it around like there was nothing at stake, but now they feel that they actually have a chance, and are playing much more cautiously. That cautiousness - knowing that they need to be there at the finish - has allowed OZ to win back some momentum.

kashif77 said:
lol i'm in the same time zone as you ... but i'm gonna see this through to a result :p

I have to go to work tomorrow - I did as much work as I could till 2am but now I'm tired and want to go to bed...

Watson just cannot hit the same spot on the pitch twice in succession.

Excellent turn-around by the Aussies.

In 34 overs, NZ had 249/5 (at 7.3 rpo).
Now, in 39 overs, they are at 265/5 (at 6.79 rpo)

In the last 5 overs: 15/0

Clearly, it seems the Kiwis are losing the initiative. PLus, they lack the depth to go berserk ... these two have to stay in there for them to have any meaningful chance.

OZGOD said:
I have to go to work tomorrow - I did as much work as I could till 2am but now I'm tired and want to go to bed...

well good luck to you ... i'm in no better situation - i have my board exams in 2 days !!

NZ planning is to keep wkts for nexr 5 overs and score 4-5rpo in the process.

They are betting to have to make it 50 of the last 6-7 overs but have wkts in hands to have a go.

Again taking a wkt is key for Aus.

74 runs needed in the last 10 overs if NZ are to pull off an unbelievable win!

this could be a cracker...I can't believe it's not on S.a tv...normally we get evey single cricket/rugby match .....even zimbabwe bangladesh !! what the hell supersport ?????

This NZ form with bat remonds me of the SL team of 1996 as they showed how to bat in ODI. This NZ team is showing how to chase 300 plus runs with ease.

BOOOOWLED IM!!!!! WOoooooooooooooooooooo!
CmoN! Aussie Aussie Aussie! OI OI OI!
McMillan is gone after a wonderful innings.
6/281 and we are now into the tail. He goes for 117.
I apologise for my crazyness :D

kashif77 said:
well good luck to you ... i'm in no better situation - i have my board exams in 2 days !!

Good luck to you too mate! Finally took that bloody wicket. Now if we can take one more I can go to sleep. :D

Fantastic innings from Macca, it was the MacAttack!

saffer said:
this could be a cracker...I can't believe it's not on S.a tv...normally we get evey single cricket/rugby match .....even zimbabwe bangladesh !! what the hell supersport ?????

You can buy it on www.cricketon.tv. USD 15.

Heaps on responsibility on McCullum's shoulders now.

On another note, I know Haydunce got 181* or whatever it was, but I'm wondering if it was worth it given that he will most likely miss the WC. There's no way they'll pick him, Symmo and Lee all with dodgy fitness.

If you're a left armer you have so little margin for error - your angle opens up both sides of the wicket. MJ doesn't have the control yet.

Franklin goes! He is caught by Voges off Johnsons bowling. Goodbye NZ. :D
7/285

Unbelievable catch at point! Someone (don't know who) took a blinder (I think it was Voges) at point off MJ's bowling. Franklin gone for 2.

That was a stunner of a catch - that ball was rocketing towards the boundary and was plucked out of the air - Voges took that while he was airborne.

Still doesn't change the fact that Magic's bowled absolute pies today. Green pea pies, chicken pies, beef pies, he's bowled them all.

Paris looking clueless at the moment.

Paris manages to score a couple of runs.

Lucky edge from Paris goes for 4444444444

300 up for New Zealand. 45 needed now.
Only 3 wickets left though.

The most important thing is not that NZ win this or not...it is that they managed to come so close. Australia of old would have bundled out the opposition under 230 odd

oh well....well tried new zealand ...you can't chase down these big scores eveytime...

hayden won't go to the world cup ?insane...who would they chose in his place ?

Gone? Yes! He is out! Tuffey is caught behind by Haddin. Johnson gets the wicket!
That's his 3rd.
8/303.

saffer said:
oh well....well tried new zealand ...you can't chase down these big scores eveytime...

hayden won't go to the world cup ?insane...who would they chose in his place ?

Maybe Voges? They'll probably play Watson in the top order and have Voges as a middle order backup. I can't see them picking Jaques, he's woefully out of form.

sp10006 said:
The most important thing is not that NZ win this or not...it is that they managed to come so close. Australia of old would have bundled out the opposition under 230 odd

This is a pretty flat pitch though, with very short boundaries. Are you watching the match?

McCullum will have to not only farm the strike now....but also play the blinder of his career to win it now while doing it. Not the easiest of jobs.

Amazing...Magic's had one of the worst bowling days I've seen anyone have, given up 80 runs but managed to pick up 3 wickets.

OZGOD said:
This is a pretty flat pitch though, with very short boundaries. Are you watching the match?

Most ODIs are usually but then when you have 350 staring at you, everything becomes that much tougher, unless there's a special performance in store.

3 wickets in a big chase isn't too much to get excited about...

I think it would be plain stupid to not play hayden after such a knock.....the man's obviosly got something to prove...

Hussey's field changes were responsible for the momentum change - he brought his field in and put some pressure.

saffer said:
3 wickets in a big chase isn't too much to get excited about...

I think it would be plain stupid to not play hayden after such a knock.....the man's obviosly got something to prove...

He's got a fractured toe though. I've had a fractured toe playing rugby and it's pretty hard to run.

At least we didnt lose in a whitewash. I spoke too soon.
Gillespie nicks one for four. 35 needed. Next one is 2. :|

sp10006 said:
35 off 26.........not really likely now.....lets see

NZ can still nick this - lucky edges going for 4 and all that...

Oh god! Gillespie hits another four!!!! 29 to win! Argh! I just feel like tearing my hair out!

The quickest bowler in the World to bowl to mcCullum.
Fine leg is up. They run 2. 27 needed.

Amazing, flukey inside edge for 4 behind the keeper!

46.3 Shaun Tait to Mark Gillespie, FOUR!!, full and fast on the middle and leg, Mark Gillespie goes inside out and looks to squeeze it through the off side, inside edges it to fine leg, ohh the lemon cut again!!!! You can't teach it in school but it has become so effective

That was a good delivery from Tait at well. 20 from 20!

This is a massively suspenseful game eh. Gillespie looks like he has no idea but edges are flying!

From a more impartial POV, I'm very interested to see how the bowlers respond to this pressure.

Ian Smith is creaming himself with excitement!

Listenin to the radio here. People in the back of commentary box are goin crazy!

Back