offical thread 1st test - eng v Aus @ lords [20/8/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
England have dragged themselves back in the game, but they are still going to lose.

what's with the bold lettering? pretty soon you'll be introducing the colour red into your posts ...

damn we have lost a few too many wickets today..never mind we are still going to annihliate the poms. ;-)

Aussies have dominated the morning session and are over 400 ahead. I think only the weather can save England now.

Katich reminds me of Asim Kamal. No fuss, no real big shots, just plays each ball on merit.

Saj said:
Aussies have dominated the morning session and are over 400 ahead. I think only the weather can save England now.

Katich reminds me of Asim Kamal. No fuss, no real big shots, just plays each ball on merit.

Except Katich can hit a one hundred! :p

Well 1-0 to Australia, no way with Englands batting they are going to chase 400 or survive 2 and half days. Aussies got plenty of time and England has a very inexpierenced camp. Maybe if the lead was 350, then England stood a chance, but the minimal of ones. Even then, when chasing a target over 300, they would struggle with such inexpierence and would need Butch and Thorpe.

England need to pick the team on the present. This is what they are building upto and what they been waiting for. Despite, Thorpe picking and choosing what tours to go on, you want to win this series and he should have been selected.

Australia tightening the screw! England are getting squeezed.......slowly but surely the blood is starting to seep out, soon it will be the guts, then it will be the lungs, kidney, liver etc and finally it will be the heart. English cricket will be dead forever!

bell gone aswell

it seems englands gamble on an inexperienced batting line up is not paying off

how much teh english would have given to see thorpe or butcher striding out right now....

I suspect the inexperienced batting lineup is going to cost them in Pakistan as well. Maybe Butcher would be back by then.

Given the way they're playing Warne I think Kaneria will have a good series against them, especially when you consider the fact that he has the googly that Warne doesn't use and Thorpe's absence has denied them a top class leftie in the middle order

I never understood why Vaughan was picked in the Test squad for the Super Series. He had one good Ashes and nothing ever since against any other team. He is England's very own Ganguly.

England falling like nine pins here. Flintoff goes too.

England 119/5.

Come on Aussies hammer the poms....WE can do it.;-) Good old Warna bowling good as is pidgeon and Lee. England had a good start but the aussies are just too good. We need Peiterson out early and then the game is ours. :27:

Aleem Dar is a good umpire but he gave 2 not outs which were out but one of them was really difficult to tell. Overall he has had a good game and mistakes happen. Rudi also didnt give one out which I thought was plum.

Rudi's decision was shocking. Lucky it wont cost US that much because...

a)Pieterson's 'Sehwag luck' will soon run out
b) He will probably be out within the first few overs tomorrow
c) Even if he isn't out the only thing that can save the English is rain.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!

On another note, it is quite fun supporting the Aussies. When Vaughan got bowled today I actually jumped out of my seat, danced around and screamed like I do every time Pakistan get a wicket. Speaking of Vaughan, he has really led from the front in this test match! Two superb innings! Keep it up Vaughanie!

Hey Hash bhai..it's fun allright. I have been doing since I first watched the Aussies play v England in 1989 and have been having fun, laughing and jumping out of my seat each Ashes series ever since. We have that in common.

I just can't stand the Poms winning as the are the worst losers and worst winners, bad media, moaners and bad sport people in quite a few sports. If people think the Aussies are arrogant they havent seen nothing as the Aussies only play tough and hard on the field. Off the field they are kewl.

I am still not comfortable until we have the south african peiterson out, and we need jones too....as for giles, s jones, and hoggard....hmmm well everyone's grannies would qeue up to bowl to them...there would be riots and all hell breaking lose as everyone would want to jump the qeue ;-)

Fessal said:
I am still not comfortable until we have the south african peiterson out, and we need jones too....as for giles, s jones, and hoggard....hmmm well everyone's grannies would qeue up to bowl to them...there would be riots and all hell breaking lose as everyone would want to jump the qeue ;-)

:))) :))) :)))

Yeah the ain has wasted most of todays play, saving the english for a while, but there is a hint of hope. There shouod be play at 3 cuz the rain has cleared.

Rain could not save them for too long, once the match resumed. McGrath made quick work of the tail enders and a comprehensive win for the Aussies. In my opinion, Gillespie should be dropped and Kasprowicz should play in the next test. Kaspo was out of form in the Natwest Series, but did not do that bad, as Gillespie did.

England have alot of questions to answer, and one of them is figuring how to play Warne. Also, I think Pieterson should be brought at 4, Flintoff 5 and bell at 6.

i think RH is crouched in a corner somewhere crying

lol

so I guess has no choice but to stand in the middle of the room while balling his eyes out

RH has gone on holiday so wont b seeing him post this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back