http://www.pcboard.com.pk/Pakistan/Scorecards/85/85233.html

Sialkot 189/3 off 20 overs

Faisal Naved 37 off 22
Qaisar Abbas 75 off 42
Shoaib Malik 37 off 29

Irshad 2/26 off 4 overs(Not bad!!)

Multan 123 All out
Bilal Khilji 46 off 40

Mohammad Asif 4/14 off 4 overs :19: ASIF CHAA GAYAAA HAI!!!!
Sarfraz 2/24 off 3

Sialkot wins by 66 runs

Good to see Asif continuing his good form, it's not easy to take that many wickets at this sort of economy rate.

Last edited:
Irshad bowled 4 overs for 2 wickets and 26 runs.

Mods, please make this thread a sticky.

Thanks.

Semi final lineup

First Semi-Final Karachi Dolphins v Sialkot Stallions National Stadium, Karachi
Second Semi-Final not known v Lahore Lions National Stadium, Karachi

Only ONE place left and i think Fsd WOLVES, Lhr EAGLES and Khi Zebras can still qualify.

Last two matches today will be interesting :)

Lahore Eagles and Faisalabad Wolves have won 3 matches each whereas Karachi Zebras have won 2.

One team each from Lahore and Karachi has already qualified for semi finals so another one will be boring so Faisalabad should be the fourth team:p

Waseem said:
Lahore Eagles and Faisalabad Wolves have won 3 matches each whereas Karachi Zebras have won 2.

One team each from Lahore and Karachi has already qualified for semi finals so another one will be boring so Faisalabad should be the fourth team:p

Whilst i would love to see Lahore Eagles qualify i wouldnt be too upset if Faisalabad Wolves got through, They are an exciting team and have some big big hitters!! Possibly with Asif Hussain and Mohammad Hafeez they have the most explosive opening partnership.

Who is gonna cover the match today???? Easa or anyone????

Faisalabad WOLVES Vs Rawalpini RAMS

Anybody knows the latest update ??? as there is no coverage on Ten Sports. Is this match being played or delayed due to bomb blast in Karachi near American Embassy.

Ejaz Khalid Farooqui

I believe that the match is going on .. but its not being televised... Now we will only know scores in tomorrow morning's paper

I wish I could update but there is no live coverage happening on Ten Sports.

HAFRIDI said:
Woah Asif on fire! immy nazir didnt open hmm!

Imran Nazir probably didn't open to give others batting practice and experience as they had already reached the semi-finals.

Why hasn't Lahore Lions played any match for the past two days? Btw why do the commentators pronounce Lions as Loins? Shocking!

First Semi-Final Karachi Dolphins v Sialkot Stallions National Stadium, Karachi

This is a virtual final. The winner here takes the cup. I would love to see Dolphins win, but I will be shocked if they beat this Sialkot team.

stallions will be unstoppable... they've got a fantastci team and with malik in good form, ther are favorites by some margin.. dont write off Lions too

ABN-AMRO Twenty-20 Cup 2005/06 Pool A Table
P W L NR A Pts NetRR
1 Sialkot Stallions 6 6 0 0 0 12 2.099
2 Faisalabad Wolves 5 3 2 0 0 6 2.113
3 Lahore Eagles 5 3 2 0 0 6 0.236
4 Peshawar Panthers 6 3 3 0 0 6 0.003
5 Karachi Zebras 5 2 3 0 0 4 -1.830

6 Rawalpindi Rams 5 1 4 0 0 2 -0.592
7 Multan Tigers 6 1 5 0 0 2 -2.268

ABN-AMRO Twenty-20 Cup 2005/06 Pool B Table
P W L NR A Pts NetRR
1 Lahore Lions 5 5 0 0 0 10 1.719
2 Karachi Dolphins 5 4 1 0 0 8 0.871

3 Abbottabad Rhinos 5 2 3 0 0 4 0.130
4 Hyderabad Hawks 5 2 3 0 0 4 -0.250
5 Islamabad Leopards 5 2 3 0 0 4 -0.492
6 Quetta Bears 5 0 5 0 0 0 -1.779

The teams in bold have already qualified, and the teams in italics can still qualify. The remaining matches are:

02 Mar 2006 Pool A Faisalabad Wolves v Rawalpindi Rams National Stadium, Karachi T20
02 Mar 2006 Pool A Karachi Zebras v Lahore Eagles National Stadium, Karachi T20

For Faisalabad to qualify, they need to beat the Rams and then hope that either Karachi beats Lahore, or the Eagles win a close game (for NRR purposes)...most likely scenario.

For Lahore to qualify, they have to thump the Zebras out of sight, and then hope that the Wolves lose (and lose heavily) to the Pindi...outside chance of this happening.

For Peshawar to qualify, they need to hope that Karachi thumps Lahore in such a way that Karachi's NRR does not exceed Peshawar's...but also that Lahore's NRR drops below Peshawar. Then they need to hope that the Pindi Rams destroy Faisalabad in such a manner that Faisalabad's NRR goes below Peshawar...a VERY LONG shot, but not out of the question.

For Karachi Zebras to qualify, they need to maul Lahore in such a convincing fashion that their NRR skyrockets above Lahore. Then they need to hope that Pindi thumps Faisalabad so that Faisalabad's NRR drops below that of Karachi...a definite outside chance for Karachi.

ekfarooqui said:
Anybody knows the latest update ??? as there is no coverage on Ten Sports. Is this match being played or delayed due to bomb blast in Karachi near American Embassy.

Ejaz Khalid Farooqui
I heard on a local news channel that Tens sports staff has refused to further cover 20-20 matches and are preparing to leave because of the blast. they didnt give any further details.
any one else got any details regarding TV coverage??

IF thats the case then Ten sports contract should be cancelled and not allowed to ha ve any Pakiatan cricket matches, Those Fuc***s (excue the language) mint millions of Pakistani fans and run off. Hell the terrorists are targetting important people not some bloody camera man

Shame on Ten Sports

sunny92 said:
I heard on a local news channel that Tens sports staff has refused to further cover 20-20 matches and are preparing to leave because of the blast. they didnt give any further details.
any one else got any details regarding TV coverage??

Absolutely right Ten Sports shouldn't have any further coverage rights from Pakistan and this is the right time some Pakistani channel should come forward to establish a pure Pakistani sports channel either from Government sector or Private.

Ejaz Khalid Farooqui

http://www.jang-group.com/thenews/mar2006-daily/03-03-2006/sports/s1.htm

Holders Wolves ram their way into Twenty20 semis

By Gul Hameed Bhatti

KARACHI: Defending champions Faisalabad Wolves rammed a 10-wicket defeat down the Rawalpindi Rams’ throats, when they attained an overwhelming victory in their last Group A match of the 2005-06 ABN-AMRO Twenty20 Cup National Cricket Championship, here at the National Stadium under lights on Thursday.

The Wolves, who bludgeoned their way to a score of 108 for no wicket, needed a mere nine overs to overhaul the poor total of 105 all out in 17.5 overs that the Rams had managed, after the latter opted to take first strike.

Faisalabad have now moved into the tournament’s semifinals. Later today (Friday), they come face to face with the Group B leaders Lahore Lions here at the National Stadium in a day/night fixture.

Slow left-arm bowler Imran Khalid, who was later declared Man of the Match, broke the Rawalpindi team’s back after they had reached 60 for three in their first nine overs. The remaining seven wickets added only a further 45 runs, with the 21-year-old Imran bagging four for 21 in his four overs.

The small target was surpassed even before the halfway mark was reached. Pakistan discard off-spin bowling opening batsman Mohammad Hafeez hammered an unbeaten 66, off a mere 33 deliveries with 11 fours and two sixes.

The Wolves finished second behind Sialkot Stallions in the seven-team Group A table with eight points, from four wins and two defeats in their six appearances. Lahore Eagles also have the opportunity to take their points tally to eight prior to the last-four stage, but they have fallen far behind the Faisalabad team’s net run-rate already.

Rawalpindi Rams finished sixth out of the seven participants in Group A, but they had the same record as bottom-placed Multan Tigers — only a solitary win against five losses. However, they at least had a better net run-rate as compared to Multan’s.

Scoreboard

Rawalpindi Rams won toss

Rawalpindi Rams

Asim Butt c Misbah b Tauqeer 2

†Mohammad Wasim b Samiullah 16

Yasir Arafat b Tauqeer 15

*Naved Ashraf c Naved b Saeed 38

Pervez Aziz st Salman b Imran 5

Babar Naeem st Salman b Imran 6

Sohail Tanvir lbw b Imran 2

Alamgir Khan b Imran 0

Jawad Hameed run out 6

Najaf Shah lbw b Saeed 1

Rizwan Akbar not out 1

Extras (lb1, w10, nb2) 13

Total (all out, 17.5 overs) 105

Fall: 1-12, 2-31, 3-43, 4-60, 5-78, 6-93, 7-93, 8-95, 9-98

Bowling: Samiullah Niazi 3-0-17-1 (2w); Tauqeer Hussain 3-0-27-2 (1nb); Ahmed Hayat 1-0-7-0; Mohammad Hafeez 4-0-26-0 (4w); Imran Khalid 4-0-21-4 (2w); Saeed Ajmal 2.5-1-6-2

Faisalabad Wolves

Mohammad Hafeez not out 66

Asif Hussain not out 23

Extras (lb1, w14, nb4) 19

Total (no wkt, 9 overs) 108

Did not bat: *Misbah-ul-Haq, †Mohammad Salman, Naved Latif, Khurram Shahzad, Ahmed Hayat, Saeed Ajmal, Imran Khalid, Tauqeer Hussain, Samiullah Niazi

Bowling: Yasir Arafat 2-0-32-0 (1nb, 1w); Najaf Shah 3-0-44-0 (1nb, 4w); Jawad Hameed 2-0-14-0; Alamgir Khan 1-0-8-0; Rizwan Akbar 1-0-9-0 (1w)

Result: Faisalabad Wolves won by 10 wickets

Man of the Match: Imran Khalid

Umpires: Afzaal Ahmed and Saleem Badar. Match referee: Khatib Rizwan. Official scorer: Mohammad Ahsan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well done to the Wolves!! What a response to the defeat by Sialkot Stallions!!!! And Bradman of 20/20 Hafeez destroyed the Rawalpindi Rams with another 200+ strike rate innings!!!

Last edited:
Thanks RAZ & Jang Group
Congratulations WOLVES....Welcome
This is the only team can/may stop STALLIONS to be winner of 2006 ABN AMRO 20/20 Championship.

Ejaz Khalid Farooqui

Stallions are unstoppable.

Asif is bowling just magnificently - line and length, control and swing are immaculate.

Amjid Javed said:
well done wolves, now lets win the cup!

Amjid, i still think that out of the four remaining teams they are the dark horses even though they are the champions. Their opening partnership is the most potent from all four teams and to be honest they have provided the bulk of the scoring for the Wolves. If they fire Wolves can beat any of the teams and that includes the Stallions.

I reckon the final will be Wolves v Stallions.

Raz said:
Amjid, i still think that out of the four remaining teams they are the dark horses even though they are the champions. Their opening partnership is the most potent from all four teams and to be honest they have provided the bulk of the scoring for the Wolves. If they fire Wolves can beat any of the teams and that includes the Stallions.

I reckon the final will be Wolves v Stallions.

I think the Lions might have a chance against the Wolves.

They have Taufeeq Umar, Kamran Akmal, and Mohammad Yousef.

It could be a close game.

Easatheman said:
I think the Lions might have a chance against the Wolves.

They have Taufeeq Umar, Kamran Akmal, and Mohammad Yousef.

It could be a close game.

And Abdul Razzaq :21:

It all depends on the Wolves' opening pair. If they fire then Lahore Lions have little hope. Only a certain Shahid Afridi would be able to save them then!! :16:

Back